South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL)

South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
Management at SWWFL have always made sure that I am fully equipped with both training and kit to go out to various venues confident in my sales ability. Although you operate solo on a typical working day, the team around me have always remained connected and supportive which helps to keep me motivated. This is often the most challenging part of the job, however, as I have mentioned, it is easy to push through times of demotivation due to support from the team. As someone who is new to sales, the prospect of going out in the field independently was originally quite daunting. However, the support I felt, and continue to feel has erased that challenge.
I have found the team days incredibly helpful and informative- a personal highlight of the job. There's great communication between SWWFL and the Wildlife Trust which means I'm always up to date with all the latest wildlife-related info. The team days have a huge part to play in this. On these days the wider team, who aren't located in Hampshire, make the effort to travel down to us which further reinforces the feeling of being a valued member of the company. I have learned a great deal in a short space of time about wildlife. I've found this has made the job very rewarding when you are recruiting members. You know exactly where your efforts are being channelled.

Overall, my experience at SWWFL has been a highly positive one.
Since joining SWWFL I have been struck by the supportive, positive office culture. Coordinating multiple venues and events can have its challenges so it's great to be part of a hardworking team who help each other out, and can enjoy a giggle and a great tea selection! Managers are accessible, approachable and responsive which is hugely helpful when we have queries or are working to deadlines.
There is always plenty to focus on which helps to make the time go quickly - much appreciated in a desk-based job. We are kept up-to-date with new developments and it's fulfilling to know that we are helping more people to join their local wildlife trusts, at a time when protecting nature and wildlife is more important than ever.
Very happy working for southwest wildlife fundraising
Been in the job for roughly a year and I’m not going anywhere, got a great family feel to it and everyone is happy to help everyone else, love it

Plus a great feeling when you’re successful in helping your local wildlife
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Fairly flexible, Good rates of pay if you work hard Great feeling when you’re successful
Cons
Can be rather cold and quiet during winter months
SWWFL is a friendly, focussed and fast-paced company to work for. Office staff and management are motivated, approachable and hard-working. The office environment itself is a lovely place to be - large tea rounds and cake included! Members of the wider management team are supportive, and additional resource is being added in this financial year to support the management structure.

In my role, I have overseen the venues and events operation at SWWFL, line managing a team of Venues Coordinators who book venues and events for our F2F fundraisers (Membership Recruiters). There is a strong team mentality, which is also the case across the organisation as a whole. We have transformed the operational function over the past few years, having introduced a new CRM system, developed further training and implemented new procedures.

For me, the hardest part of the job has been to step back from the team's day-to-day workload and manage more strategically. Due to additional resource being added this year, this should improve going forward.

I would recommend SWWFL as a fantastic place of work. The company is succeeding and growing quickly, creating a lot of new members to support the incredible work of the Wildlife Trusts. If you're looking for a varied, interesting and fast-paced office role, are friendly, upbeat and motivated, then you will enjoy working in the SWWFL family.
I have a great team of people that I work with in Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. Even have a great manager as well, that does help.

We need people who have that touch of tenacity when things are quiet and you need to motivate ones self to keep engaging with a sometimes non responsive public, which can lead to one or two lows.

But these are always heavily out weighed by the considerable highs this job delivers. If you enjoy speaking with the general public and have a bit of staying power, then please contact us, you wont be disappointed.
Pros
Free lunches when the manager turns up to check on you.
Cons
Some of the venues are not always the best places to promote WLT.
I really enjoy working for South West Wildlife Fundraising and would definitely recommend the working for them. It's great to be apart of such fantastic charity, working to protect wildlife and reconnect people to nature. SWWFL are very well organised and very good at communication. My manager has been very encouraging and I received great training.

If you have good communication skills and have a passion for wildlife you would be very well suited to this job. I meet great people and have explored different areas whilst inspiring people to join as members.
Pros
very rewarding working for a great charity
Cons
Can be cold in winter