South West Wildlife Fundraising Ltd (SWWFL) Employee Reviews

Great job
Membership recruiter (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire13 March 2019
Very happy working for southwest wildlife fundraising
Been in the job for roughly a year and I’m not going anywhere, got a great family feel to it and everyone is happy to help everyone else, love it
Plus a great feeling when you’re successful in helping your local wildlife
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Fairly flexible, Good rates of pay if you work hard Great feeling when you’re successful
Cons
Can be rather cold and quiet during winter months
A friendly office with a great team and strong management
Venues & Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter5 March 2019
SWWFL is a friendly, focussed and fast-paced company to work for. Office staff and management are motivated, approachable and hard-working. The office environment itself is a lovely place to be - large tea rounds and cake included! Members of the wider management team are supportive, and additional resource is being added in this financial year to support the management structure.

In my role, I have overseen the venues and events operation at SWWFL, line managing a team of Venues Coordinators who book venues and events for our F2F fundraisers (Membership Recruiters). There is a strong team mentality, which is also the case across the organisation as a whole. We have transformed the operational function over the past few years, having introduced a new CRM system, developed further training and implemented new procedures.

For me, the hardest part of the job has been to step back from the team's day-to-day workload and manage more strategically. Due to additional resource being added this year, this should improve going forward.

I would recommend SWWFL as a fantastic place of work. The company is succeeding and growing quickly, creating a lot of new members to support the incredible work of the Wildlife Trusts. If you're looking for a varied, interesting and fast-paced office role, are friendly, upbeat and motivated, then you will enjoy working in the SWWFL family.
Hard work in some ways, but extremely rewarding.
Membership Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire5 March 2019
I have a great team of people that I work with in Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. Even have a great manager as well, that does help.

We need people who have that touch of tenacity when things are quiet and you need to motivate ones self to keep engaging with a sometimes non responsive public, which can lead to one or two lows.

But these are always heavily out weighed by the considerable highs this job delivers. If you enjoy speaking with the general public and have a bit of staying power, then please contact us, you wont be disappointed.
Pros
Free lunches when the manager turns up to check on you.
Cons
Some of the venues are not always the best places to promote WLT.
Great company to work for
Sales Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Bristol UK23 February 2019
I really enjoy working for South West Wildlife Fundraising and would definitely recommend the working for them. It's great to be apart of such fantastic charity, working to protect wildlife and reconnect people to nature. SWWFL are very well organised and very good at communication. My manager has been very encouraging and I received great training.

If you have good communication skills and have a passion for wildlife you would be very well suited to this job. I meet great people and have explored different areas whilst inspiring people to join as members.
Pros
very rewarding working for a great charity
Cons
Can be cold in winter