South West Water

South West Water Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
loved the people hated the job, hardly no progression always pick favorites
whichhkihizshioahdagoifjpoawjfapowjdopjpoahwfauigbdwaboifafpaohfaghp9wgap9gdpag
Pros
people
Cons
call volume
Working in the WWS team is very different to drinking water. I worked across two different sites and everyone was extremely friendly. understanding and relaxed. Management are keen to help you to work efficiently and productively and are constructive in their comments rather than critical and all of them are willing to get stuck into a job, no matter what 'level' of employment you are at.
The hardest part of the job is mainly the publics perception of SWW, but this is something they are working very hard to make better.

South West Water is a family, and you can choose to live and breathe it if you get to know everyone and work to the best of your ability at the same time.
Very positive and interesting place to work. SWW are more than happy to invest time and money in training etc for the right people.

The only downside is that the salary is way below the industry average nationwide
Grate place to work
great staff

work load was very good

Load at Plymouth and then deliver through out devon and cornwall to driffent clean and waste water site every day is not the same witch I realy enjoy
I worked for SWW for six years as a catchment Operator, Running and maintaining the sewage treatment works.
I loved my job and was a good employees. Sadly during my time I had to suffer verbal abuse from an employee on multiple occasions regarding mental health issues as my mother was in hospital suffering from this .

Myself and the team made a number of verbal complaints to management but these were ignored .

During an incident of abuse I was was involved in a scuffle with the protagonist and suspended for 4 months and subsequently sacked .

Despite providing statements and witness accounts all proving my innocence.

South West water didn't not want to know .

The other guy didn't even get a warning and kept his job.

Abusive and agressive behaviour if all perfectly acceptable at South West water as long as you don't make a written complaint.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Useless management
Under resourced which led to poor work life balance. Top management don’t appreciate or value employees.

On the plus... Great food in canteen and lovely modern building with free parking.
This is a company that likes to pride itself on looking after it's staff. Staff benefits are not too bad, with the opportunity to be able to purchase shares in the parent company. However these benefits do not make up for the generally low morale of the staff
It could be a great place to work but improvements needed
You are on the phone all day you don't really get to mix with other people and it can be lonely
Good experience and gave an understanding of the challenges faced. It was obvious that not enough investment has been made in recent years / decades and very reliant on ageing legacy infrastructure so a lot more investment will be needed in the coming years - that said, there certainly has been some recently but it will take a lot to catch up on those missing years from when it was privatised.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Low wages
A typical day at work can be very busy, there is a lot of customers to speak to and different inquiries.
I not only deal with customers over the phone but I do back office work as well which involves investigating accounts, updating records and solving any issues and also helping out my manager and doing work for them if they aren't in.

The hardest part of my job can be dealing with difficult customers sometimes but there is always a solution and that is the best part of my job is changing that around and making the customer happy.

My work place is friendly, the managers and other agents are all very friendly which makes it a fun place to work in.

I've learn't a lot working with South West Water the main one that I've learnt to be confident.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Poor Salary
There was an excellent organization. Perfect coordination and teamwork. A friendly and pleasant work environment They had a very complete trainning program that made you a great professional
Family atmosphere relaxing place to work . Great team. Near transport links. Fun atmosphere. Great for progression . Flexible working great hours. Fantastic place to work
Pros
Canteen and costa coffee
Cons
Parking!
Working with customers to review their water bills

learnt new computer packagers

Telephone and Call centre work

Changes to work

Great friends still friends today
Pros
nom
Cons
non
Great atmosphere and reasonably well managed. The people are great and I enjoy the general day to day buzz. There are certainly challenges to be taken on this is great place for people just out of college looking for their first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
low pay rate
An enjoyable position, if not a short lived one, where I worked on the accounts team and learned a lot in a short space of time. Solid management and excellent structure a big help here for improving my skills.
Pros
Good salary, progression.
Mencionando exclusivamente el departamento en el que trabajo (técnicas inorgánicas) , las distintas técnicas y muestras a analizar se dividen entre los distintos miembros del equipo, pudiendo colaborar entre ellos en caso de cualquier duda o problema con algún equipo.

El ambiente de trabajo es excelente dado que se inculca con dicho método de trabajo el ayudar entre compañeros. Dado que actualmente vivo con varios compañeros de trabajo, creo que eso es buena muestra de la excelente relación con ellos.

Probablemente la peor parte del trabajo es el hecho de que diariamente llegan muestras urgentes a lo largo del día. En caso de que alguna llegue o deba llegar tarde significa alargar la jornada laboral más de lo habitual.

La mejor parte es el buen ambiente entre compañeros y el aprendizaje continuo.
Pros
Ambiente laboral, Aprendizaje
Ask a question about working or interviewing at South West Water. Our community is ready to answer.