South West Water Employee Reviews

Analytical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Exeter United Kingdom17 February 2019
Leakage tech (Current Employee) –  Rydon, UK16 August 2018
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon27 February 2018
fun and friendly workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon4 February 2018
A typical day at work can be very busy, there is a lot of customers to speak to and different inquiries.
I not only deal with customers over the phone but I do back office work as well which involves investigating accounts, updating records and solving any issues and also helping out my manager and doing work for them if they aren't in.

The hardest part of my job can be dealing with difficult customers sometimes but there is always a solution and that is the best part of my job is changing that around and making the customer happy.

My work place is friendly, the managers and other agents are all very friendly which makes it a fun place to work in.

I've learn't a lot working with South West Water the main one that I've learnt to be confident.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Poor Salary
good team and great organization
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Exeter22 December 2017
There was an excellent organization. Perfect coordination and teamwork. A friendly and pleasant work environment They had a very complete trainning program that made you a great professional
Productive and fun
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon15 December 2017
Family atmosphere relaxing place to work . Great team. Near transport links. Fun atmosphere. Great for progression . Flexible working great hours. Fantastic place to work
Pros
Canteen and costa coffee
Cons
Parking!
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon27 July 2017
Good at the time
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon4 February 2017
Working with customers to review their water bills

learnt new computer packagers

Telephone and Call centre work

Changes to work

Great friends still friends today
Pros
nom
Cons
non
fun workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon19 January 2017
Great atmosphere and reasonably well managed. The people are great and I enjoy the general day to day buzz. There are certainly challenges to be taken on this is great place for people just out of college looking for their first job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
low pay rate
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter13 September 2016
Solid Progression and Excellent Training
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter20 October 2015
An enjoyable position, if not a short lived one, where I worked on the accounts team and learned a lot in a short space of time. Solid management and excellent structure a big help here for improving my skills.
Pros
Good salary, progression.
Buen ambiente laboral/ Trabajo en equipo
Analista de laboratorio (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ENG21 July 2015
Mencionando exclusivamente el departamento en el que trabajo (técnicas inorgánicas) , las distintas técnicas y muestras a analizar se dividen entre los distintos miembros del equipo, pudiendo colaborar entre ellos en caso de cualquier duda o problema con algún equipo.

El ambiente de trabajo es excelente dado que se inculca con dicho método de trabajo el ayudar entre compañeros. Dado que actualmente vivo con varios compañeros de trabajo, creo que eso es buena muestra de la excelente relación con ellos.

Probablemente la peor parte del trabajo es el hecho de que diariamente llegan muestras urgentes a lo largo del día. En caso de que alguna llegue o deba llegar tarde significa alargar la jornada laboral más de lo habitual.

La mejor parte es el buen ambiente entre compañeros y el aprendizaje continuo.
Pros
Ambiente laboral, Aprendizaje
Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ENG5 April 2015
The aim of my job is to deliver projects fullfilling a scope within an accurate budget.

The scheme design, with the specification of the works to be done, is tendered out to four approved contractors, whose submissions would be first revised by me, and after by cost consultants before awarding any contract. There would be anyway, situations when even the most competitive price needs to be challenged, and rates needs to be evaluated.

Any variation in the contract due to a change in design, early warning, or any other unexpected event reported, would be reviewed by myself and the team of cost consultants prior to be accepted in order to ensure the change is required and economically correct, always making sure that in case of extra costs, those are agreed and funded by the customer or the responsible for them.

When a scheme is finished, a contractors assessment would be filled in with information from all the parties who have been involved with the contractor, in order to evaluate their performance and establish whether they are eligible continue working with us.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Técnico de laboratorio (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ENG14 October 2014
Buena empresa donde aprender a desenvolverte en un laboratorio
Positive environment to work in
Billing Agent (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ENG18 February 2014
A typical day at work, requires me to be fully alert, full of concentration and eager to face the challenges of the day.
I am responsible for speaking to customers on the phone, handling their personal information as well as bank details.
Very challenging, but rewarding when you know you have made a difference to some one's life. For example, if they are really struggling to pay the bills, there are things to offer. I love being able to help.
I have learnt a complete new way of working! This was my first experience of working in customer service, so had to learn all of the systems from scratch!
the management are fantastic, very helpful and always trying to make the work place as pleasant as possible.
My co workers are also great, we have all developed a little bond as we did our training together as a group.
For me, the hardest part of my job, is the hours. I do split shifts, starting at 9am.. finishing at 1, and then back at 4 until 8pm. Thisis generally hard as i live just outside of exeter, so is a bit difficult to drive home in between shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is probably the people working around me, they make the working environment really positive. I also quite like having customers on the phone who enjoy having a bit of a giggle with me.
Pros
The people are great!
Cons
The hours are not so great for myself personally.
Productive, enthusatic workplace
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter21 January 2014
A typical day at work consisted of taking between 50-80 calls a day dealing with billing and account queries. This involved answering general queries, setting up payment plans, customer moves, debt, problems, government schemes and complaints. I learned how to adapt my communication approach to match a customers needs to determine the best outcome for both the customer and the business. Management were efficient and enthusiastic setting targets for employees to meet to improve customer service and meet company objectives. I thoroughly enjoyed the working environment and got on very well with my co workers which I remain friends with now. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers with large debts who were in despair as they did not know what to do and felt helpless. However finding a solution for these customers gave me great job satisfaction as I felt I was making a difference and helping people more forward and deal with debt.
Pros
friendly work environment
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Exeter13 February 2013
Very busy
FSC Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lostwithiel, Cornwall29 January 2013
Very busy sorting and organising letters to customers plus general admin requests. I have learned to prioritise. Management tend to leave me alone but are always at the end of a telephone if I require assistance or advice.

The hardest part is the consent pressure, phone never stops and in-box always full! But that does mean the day goes very quickly.
Pros
close to home, good hours
Cons
don't like the job