South Lanarkshire Leisure & Culture Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun work place.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire8 August 2018
South Lanarkshire Leisure Centre takes great care of their employees and treats them with the respect that they deserve, all of the staff team are easy to approach.
Supportive and fun workplace
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Various Locations16 March 2018
A typical day at work is fun and I learned a lot from co-workers who are very supportive. The management in some facilities is excellent but others are unorganized. The most rewarding part of the job is working with the children.
A good company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride16 October 2017
a typical day would involve opening and processing the mail and dealing with customers over the counter and on the phone. I learned lots of different leisure booking packages. The management can be somewhat inconsistent in their decision making and instructions. The workplace culture is very typical of a local authority organisation. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with awkward customers which is typical for all customer service jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with regular customers and clients and offering good service.
Pros
job for life
Cons
pay is not great although pretty standard for local authority.
Great Fun
Leisure Centre Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Lanarkshire30 August 2017
During my time working for SLLC, i have been able to see a lot of the job roles within SLLC. And been able to have a try at a few of them.
They are very supportive of your education, and qualifications you want to achieve out with the trust.
Voluntary work placement
Play Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire13 December 2016
i was a play service assistant helping children through play and exercise worked as part of a 4 person team. i really enjoyed this and this made me develop my own skills to move into sports coaching with children and young people with disabilities
Fun Workplace
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Carluke10 October 2016
I enjoy working in a team environment with outgoing people who have the same interests as me. With this job I have improved my leadership skills by taking my own groups whilst coaching and thus improving my communication skills.
Creach assistant (Former Employee) –  Carluke12 June 2016
Really enjoyed working here was sad to have to leave due to personal reasons. Friendly Place to work, great hours, nice environment.
Pros
friendly
Cons
nothing
Secure job but largely dead end.
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Strathaven24 May 2016
Decent place to work and have been fortunate to be a part of a great team to the stage I'd class them as almost family. However, I believe that the trust employs far too many people on part-time contracts and there are very few opportunities for full-time roles - to the point where you have to think that certain contracts are hardly worthwhile taking due to so little hours on offer. A lot of employees, myself included, are taking on multiple contracts across different roles in order to gain a better salary.

After initial training at the start of employment with the company, it is almost a feeling that you are in a battle to get more training to try and progress rather than management trying to really develop you. Certain courses that are available often end up getting cancelled but often you only find out when you turn up at the location only to find that it has been cancelled, therefore communication is a big issue. At times you can't help but feel that you are working under a "glass ceiling".

It can be a rewarding job when working with the public and helping people to achieve their goals however, as with most roles dealing with the public, you can find yourself on the receiving end of abuse with little support from above.
Pros
Great colleagues, largely a pleasant place to work
Cons
hours can be restrictive for certain roles, management can be non-existent
great team
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT1 December 2015
worked with a great team who worked well together to achieve high levels of productivity focusing on customer service. learned lots of new skills and enjoyed working with the public on a daily basis. plenty of opportunities to be sent on courses to further your skills.
Pros
holidays
Cons
nights/weekends
Fun and Interesting
Recreation Assistant/Gym Instructor/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Kilbride19 February 2015
My roles within these positions are mainly to manage the day to day running of the gym and the sport centres and this included tasks from ensuring the customers had an excellent experience to completing the days financing and organising rotas and covering shifts. As a receptionist I also had to manage the booking system for both the gym and the sport centres as well as be the first line of contact with all customers so making sure that they again had an excellent experience.
Pros
Every day is different
Cons
Unsociable hours
fan exicitng place to work, great career progression
Children's activity co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Lanark, SCT6 October 2014
something diffrent everyday, great people to work with, as many hours or as less as you want.
exellent training
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Excellent Job Role
Facilities Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lanark29 January 2014
Fantastic place to work but will only ever be part time hours
Pros
Cons
part time