South East Water Employee Reviews

Just been made redundant
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland16 October 2019
I have enjoyed working at sew and creating a number 1 team and coaching my team to teach outstanding results , doing 121 rtw the job role was very full feeling
Not nice
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Snodland, Kent21 August 2019
They keep changing the goalposts and most people are doing two peoples jobs . Very cliquy if your face don’t fit or you or not related to someone there it’s not s good
Pros
Hours
Cons
Always being put down never good for enough
Productive and targeted environment
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snodland6 February 2019
A typical day is assessing incoming work, ensuring teams are working well together and identifying improvements.

The culture is upbeat with an open door policy.

The hardest part is juggling work streams and ensuring that customers receivea consistent high standard of service on every call.

Continuous improvement is key to the company and everyone is encouraged to bring forward new ideas.
Pros
Free drinks, Staff benefits
Cons
Office environment
Positive place to work
Production Manager (Process) (Current Employee) –  Sussex and Kent8 January 2019
Never a dull moment, the most enjoyable part of my work is making daily decisions that have a direct impact on customers supplies. Would recommend the water industry to those who enjoy reactive type work where every day is different
Pros
Vital role
Cons
Current reward system is poor, no bonus etc.
Great workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snodland, Kent5 November 2018
A typical day at work includes reading and responding to emails, taking calls from our customers and helping to resolve water supply issues on the phone. I attend team briefings and have regular 1-2-1s with my line manager.

I thoroughly enjoy working within the Customer Services department at South East Water, the atmosphere is fun and enjoyable. There are good social events, we've recently had an away day and there are regular charity events.

The Company is caring and offer many opportunities for staff, this includes training and development and opportunities to work in other areas of the business. Customer Services is an ideal place to start a career at South East Water.
Friendly People
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snodland, Kent31 October 2018
I have gained a lot of experience from working at South East Water. The majority of people here are friendly and supportive however some of the politics within the company can ruin it.
Pros
Salary and people
Cons
No progression
You are just a number and not valued, easily replaced. The turn over of staff is constant for a reason.
Call Centre Agent evenings (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent21 September 2018
In the short time I was there I counted 9 colleagues In tears. Nothing you do is ever good enough. The company culture constantly contradicts itself. Micro managed and expected to work like a robot which results in anxiety. Only 1 person left from an intake of 8 people In 5 months. Nobody stays here for long unless your face fits. They do not value experience or give people adequate time to learn their role. The daily criticism bashes all confidence, you begin to doubt your own self worth. Senior customer service agents bully, humiliate and patronise. No where to turn, totally unsupported. Culture of fear.
Pros
Cons
Most demeaning place, lack of support just critised and micro managed.
Productive utility company
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne19 July 2018
Delivering stores from main depot to all other depots. Working on burst mains out of hours. Empty sludge pits and burst mains with water tanker. Very enjoyable and rewarding job.
Pros
Free uniform and meals on burst main jobs
Cons
fun and challenging place to work
Billing advisor (Former Employee) –  snodland11 March 2018
This was a challenging roll with lots of benefits involved. staff were friendly and we always worked as a team to get things done.#

The most important part of the job was the customer satisfaction I got.
Nice people, poor management
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent29 January 2018
Friendly place to work. Good work/life balance.

Pay and prospects were poor. Management ignored staff concerns.

More words to fill the space required so I can get to the next page.
Friendly environment to work in
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent28 April 2017
As above, fast paced customer contact centre dealing with customer enquiries primarily over the phone, email, letter and on request, face to face. Inbound call centre
Liveable wage
Customer Technical Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent, UK14 April 2017
I was always very busy at South East Water as a technical Advisor. I was a very quick learner & hard worker. I had to start work early and finish late as I was apart of the ooh team. My first manager was excellent but he retired and things changed. I adapted to the change. We had to sometimes work with out taking lunch or a break as there was only 2 to 4 of us on dealing with over a million customers.
Good People but promise more job security than they can deliver
Developer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent4 April 2017
The team are lovely and helpful. The supervisor guaranteed me a year contract after my temporary contract was completed, however they were only able to secure me three months and waited until the week prior to the completion of my temporary contract to inform me of this.
Family, Friendly
Laboratory Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 March 2017
South East Waters are a good company to work for. They are very employee focused, and will do anything to help you make sure you get a good work/life balance. Staff are great all work well together.
Pros
enjoyable place to work.
Cons
no room to progress
Good part time hours
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland, Kent10 February 2017
I learned a lot about going the extra mile for customers. The hardest part of the job is liaising with engineers but the most enjoyable part is the successes when you have really worked together with a customer and your team to find a resolution to a complaint
Ok
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snodland, Kent1 February 2017
South east water are a good company to work for. They respect there staff. They are investors in people and give good benefits to all staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Customer Service Advisor/ Water Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Head Office20 December 2016
Good team
Good training
Decent Salary
Fairly flexible around social/personal life
Management can be good at times although as with all places there are weak members of the management team
A very good company to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Snodland9 November 2016
Loved working for this company and didn't want to leave. I left because of child care issues. Best job I've had. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help when ever you need it.
Amazing workplace amazing people
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Snodland14 May 2016
My experience at South East Water was by far one of the best experiences I ever had in a working environment. It was just a shame I was forced to leave for personal reasons.
The company is excellent from their work ethic and benefits
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snodland Kent3 May 2016
South East Water as a company has a good attitude to their staff from Health & Safety to good working practices and salary. It is a total shame that some middle Managers do not appreciate their staff and can be bullying to obtain their way in certain strategies.
Pros
Minimal cost healthcare
Cons
Some bad Management style

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South East Water. Our community is ready to answer.

South East Water Reviews by Location