South Derbyshire District Council Employee Reviews

Positive experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote22 November 2018
I really enjoyed my time with the environmental health department. All the officers were really friendly and supportive of me and I learnt alot about the varied role of the Council
Don’t do it
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote20 June 2018
I worked as a cleaner Here , first couple months was brilliant , after that the management is dreadful. The manager / supervisor is nasty and vindictive. It’s her way or the high way and if she doesn’t like you then she’ll do everything in her will power to get rid of you. There’s always a drama and it isn’t a good place to work. It’s the type of place you’ll dread to go in , not knowing what’s gonna happen or kick off. Would not recommend.
Pros
Money’s good
Cons
Awful place to work
Out dated
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire5 June 2018
Out dated, and unsafe equipment. Never any Vehicles to use. Poor maintenance of equipment. 9 1/2 hour working days with only a half an hour break. Vehicles on the road with no MOT
Pros
Thinking for your self.
Cons
Long hours, unsafe equipment.
dont do it to yourself
Grounds worker (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote10 January 2018
A work force with very little to none Qualifications, skills and experience. Management don't wanna do there job or even wanna plan or sort work loads. Never get to finish a job before moving on to the next job. Always on your back over silly little things that don't matter but are willing to put your safety at risk. Tools falling apart or have done. High turn over of staff with such a little team. People that work there get away with allsorts of unruly behaviour. The staff that work are put on then the ones that don't get away with doing nothing. The hardest part of the job is turning up as everyday there is something/someone kicking off. little to none training or overtime. save yourself don't do it.
Pros
Cons
the worst pace you could ever wanna work
learning new skills
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire29 May 2017
They helped me so much in gaining more sporting opportunities and qualifications. I was able to work with children helping them to learn new skills and encouraging them to have a more healthy lifestyle.
Pros
learning new skilss
Cons
non
fun place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire20 January 2017
very fun place to work but also very busy and a lot of jobs have to be done in one day. the management is very professinal.
i learnt vaulble skills in coaching and juggling work load
A great place to work.
Sports coach assistant. (Current Employee) –  Derby4 October 2016
The area I work in creates a fun working environment but can be a demanding job. The days involve creating ideas of how to entertain and involve individuals and for then to enjoy the activities you provide them.
Pros
Great team around you.
Cons
No cons
Great team
Credit control / Income officer Housing (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote civic offices21 July 2016
have worked for nine months on contract and found this very rewarding ( Housing services dept.)

All staff were very friendly and helpful. I was able to create my own routines and provided all reporting to management

They were dealing with some complex housing issues however staff were very skilled and professional
Pros
Free car parkinbg, good offices, flexible hours working
Enjoyed Working here
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote5 July 2015
Enjoyed working for the Council, personal issues let to me leaving but would welcome joining the team again, should an opening arise.
Productive and hardworking staff
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, ENG16 June 2015
This is a small District Authority that has hardworking and friendly staff. The Revenues and Benefits services along with the corporate back office functions are run by a private sector company in a partnership arrangement with the Authority.
Pros
Free parking close to offices
Cons
No restaurant facilities.
Professional and trusted Local Authority
Building Control Surveyor (Current Employee) –  ENG10 March 2014
An excellent ground for learning the essential skills needed thoughout all my subsequent roles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Derbyshire District Council. Our community is ready to answer.

South Derbyshire District Council Reviews by Location