Sopra Steria Employee Reviews

Great workplace
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reading28 September 2018
It has a great work culture and work-life balance. The employees are given due respect and employee-employer relationship is also remarkable. This job brings the best out of me and gives me chance to contribute my ideas.
Relentless bottom of the barrel service
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warrington23 September 2018
Exhausting place to work with little room for personal life or reward to match. Salaries don't match the expectations in terms of return on investment.
Pros
Good exposure to public sector clients
Cons
Long hours, average pay, relentless work.
Shocking
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newport County28 August 2018
Horrible place to work. Do not care about their staff. They have no real management in the Newport office. They have favourites for promotions. I am not saying that because I wanted a promotion as at this moment do not. However, the HR process for promotions are NOT Open or fair. They always find a loophole.
Cons
Good company but has a confused identity
Client Delivery (Former Employee) –  Various15 May 2018
Various mergers within the past 10 years have left the company with a confused identity. The leadership team is predominantly run out of France, but the UK has a lot of autonomy

In my opinion it has suffered from not embracing the digital agenda at an early enough stage or with enough market visibility. Has limited offerings for the digital world and relies heavily on established contracts to to provide the forward revenue stream. This is a short sighted strategy.

There are lots of talented individuals embedded on the various accounts. One of the companies great strengths is its people.
Pros
People
Cons
Senior Management, Limited talent management
Multinational Company
Project and Programme Office (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire9 May 2018
This is where I developed my Project and Programme Office skills. I worked on the Royal Mail Account and had the opportunity to experience a large number of projects of differing sizes.

The best part of the job was the great PMO Team members.
Excellent People Management
Communications (Current Employee) –  uk16 April 2018
Great company to work for. Excellent work life balance, flexibility and praise for good work.
Salary is not the best on the market but they make up for that with the way staff are treated.
good teamwork
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 April 2018
Inputting new starters. Assisting with the daily tasks of payroll. Dealing with employee's queries. Updating sickness records. Dealing with maternity pay.
Pros
staff
Cons
no cons
Avoid at all costs
Passport Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham11 April 2018
Horrific management, nothing positive to say to anybody and the only time they communicate is to tell you what you’ve done wrong or ask you to move seats for talking (yes, seriously). Job itself is extremely dull, sticking barcodes on passports or completing paper applications for 5 hours in a row with no break. Have ‘efficiency rates’, under pressure to meet the efficiency targets, treat like a robot. All employed in the office are agency staff to give the horrific management duo more power (wouldn’t trust them to run a bath)

About as satisfying as sticking hot pins in your eye on a good day! DO NOT go for it!
Pros
Cons
No break, no talking, tedious job, poor pay, monkey work
Not great
Application Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire10 April 2018
I was let go by text message, this tells you all you need to know about Sopra Steria. Inept, incompetent management not much else to say really. do not work for this lot.
Great place
Post opener (Former Employee) –  Peterborough19 March 2018
Lovely management and great place to be only problem ia it temp work through agency.easy job once you get the hang off it. Office layout and ans can bring headphones to listen too.
Pros
Can finish early
Cons
Get very repatative
Does not appreciate the workforce
Project Management Office - Manager (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire26 February 2018
A typical day at work is constant extreme pressure from Management. I have learned a vast amount from my time but in recent years the skills I have were not used.

The management style now is one of 'me first, you last' with very little commitment to the actual workforce.

The hardest part of my job now is trying to implement change when I see it would be beneficial to the company and its clients however the most enjoyable even though the employees are under enormous pressure due to cut backs is the comradeship.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Bad Management, long hours
security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead22 February 2018
Lied to by company about hours and pay rises to get you to do more work for nothing a very bad company to work for can not say what i want to due to security clearance at stake avoid at all costs !
Varied workplace
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  UK23 January 2018
The company is divided into many sectors,therefore I cannot say what a typical day is like.
The culture varies depending which sector you work for.

Again, Management varies depending on Sector.

The staff are generally very pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Flexible benefits package
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Great for Technical Graduates
Graduate SAS Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 January 2018
I worked at Sopra Steria for almost 2 years as a Graduate and in that time I gained a lot of technical and professional experience. I can put that down to my colleagues, who were always happy to assist and answer my questions. Some members of management were apprehensive when it came to placing Graduates in client roles, but others encouraged it and after a couple of months of training I had no problem being placed on a client project.

I also switched roles a year into my employment and Sopra Steria were happy to accommodate this. I was also rewarded greatly for my hard work with a promotion and multiple pay increases.

Sopra Steria provided great foundations for my technical career. Having now worked at other similar consultancy firms, I can safely say that Sopra Steria has been the most rewarding in terms of career progression. I would recommend Sopra Steria to other technical graduates.
Pros
Good management, friendly colleagues
Cons
Small Client portfolio
A nice place to work and to do business with
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Holborn11 January 2018
Although I worked for the same company for a long time, my role changed about every three years, which gave me new opportunities, challenges and goals.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in the offices
A good IT services company
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead29 December 2017
I found this company to provide a good working environment. It provided good training and had a typical annual appraisal approach for a company of this type. My knowledge is now a bit out of date as I left fairly soon after the merger.
Worked in the call centre
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 December 2017
Poor management on all levels.
Moral had been low for months and this was never addressed despite concerns always being raised.
Job performance was hindered by IT and tech issues, raised constantly with Line manager, Managers and IT for months and nothing was ever done or said.
Line managers honestly do not care and I don't blame them.
Unsupportive managers. Low pay, long hours.
Never answered NHS employees questions, serious cases of no pay were not escalated or dealt with within the agreed time frame.
Good work life balance
Head of Governance, Risk & Controls - BPO (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 November 2017
Good work life balance
Company tends to operate in silos
Senior Management will benefit by listening to own teams on improving culture and improving cross-sector integration
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central4 November 2017
I really enjoy working at Sopra Steria. Great people who are very motivated, talented and hard working. I enjoy the freedom and support that I have been given.
Very bad experience - not a professional work environement
Defect Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnersh23 October 2017
Very bad experience - not a professional work environment, no work culture, no management governance and controls, no transparency, no job - work/ life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sopra Steria. Our community is ready to answer.