Sopra Steria Employee Reviews

Excellent People Management
Communications (Current Employee) –  uk16 April 2018
Great company to work for. Excellent work life balance, flexibility and praise for good work.
Salary is not the best on the market but they make up for that with the way staff are treated.
good teamwork
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 April 2018
Inputting new starters. Assisting with the daily tasks of payroll. Dealing with employee's queries. Updating sickness records. Dealing with maternity pay.
Pros
staff
Cons
no cons
Avoid at all costs
Passport Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham11 April 2018
Horrific management, nothing positive to say to anybody and the only time they communicate is to tell you what you’ve done wrong or ask you to move seats for talking (yes, seriously). Job itself is extremely dull, sticking barcodes on passports or completing paper applications for 5 hours in a row with no break. Have ‘efficiency rates’, under pressure to meet the efficiency targets, treat like a robot. All employed in the office are agency staff to give the horrific management duo more power (wouldn’t trust them to run a bath)

About as satisfying as sticking hot pins in your eye on a good day! DO NOT go for it!
Pros
Cons
No break, no talking, tedious job, poor pay, monkey work
Not great
Application Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire10 April 2018
I was let go by text message, this tells you all you need to know about Sopra Steria. Inept, incompetent management not much else to say really. do not work for this lot.
Great place
Post opener (Former Employee) –  Peterborough19 March 2018
Lovely management and great place to be only problem ia it temp work through agency.easy job once you get the hang off it. Office layout and ans can bring headphones to listen too.
Pros
Can finish early
Cons
Get very repatative
security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead22 February 2018
Lied to by company about hours and pay rises to get you to do more work for nothing a very bad company to work for can not say what i want to due to security clearance at stake avoid at all costs !
Varied workplace
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  UK23 January 2018
The company is divided into many sectors,therefore I cannot say what a typical day is like.
The culture varies depending which sector you work for.

Again, Management varies depending on Sector.

The staff are generally very pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Flexible benefits package
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Great for Technical Graduates
Graduate SAS Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 January 2018
I worked at Sopra Steria for almost 2 years as a Graduate and in that time I gained a lot of technical and professional experience. I can put that down to my colleagues, who were always happy to assist and answer my questions. Some members of management were apprehensive when it came to placing Graduates in client roles, but others encouraged it and after a couple of months of training I had no problem being placed on a client project.

I also switched roles a year into my employment and Sopra Steria were happy to accommodate this. I was also rewarded greatly for my hard work with a promotion and multiple pay increases.

Sopra Steria provided great foundations for my technical career. Having now worked at other similar consultancy firms, I can safely say that Sopra Steria has been the most rewarding in terms of career progression. I would recommend Sopra Steria to other technical graduates.
Pros
Good management, friendly colleagues
Cons
Small Client portfolio
A nice place to work and to do business with
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Holborn11 January 2018
Although I worked for the same company for a long time, my role changed about every three years, which gave me new opportunities, challenges and goals.
Pros
Free tea and coffee in the offices
A good IT services company
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead29 December 2017
I found this company to provide a good working environment. It provided good training and had a typical annual appraisal approach for a company of this type. My knowledge is now a bit out of date as I left fairly soon after the merger.

Want to know more about Sopra Steria?

Ask a question
Worked in the call centre
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 December 2017
Poor management on all levels.
Moral had been low for months and this was never addressed despite concerns always being raised.
Job performance was hindered by IT and tech issues, raised constantly with Line manager, Managers and IT for months and nothing was ever done or said.
Line managers honestly do not care and I don't blame them.
Unsupportive managers. Low pay, long hours.
Never answered NHS employees questions, serious cases of no pay were not escalated or dealt with within the agreed time frame.
Good work life balance
Head of Governance, Risk & Controls - BPO (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 November 2017
Good work life balance
Company tends to operate in silos
Senior Management will benefit by listening to own teams on improving culture and improving cross-sector integration
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central4 November 2017
I really enjoy working at Sopra Steria. Great people who are very motivated, talented and hard working. I enjoy the freedom and support that I have been given.
Very bad experience - not a professional work environement
Defect Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnersh23 October 2017
Very bad experience - not a professional work environment, no work culture, no management governance and controls, no transparency, no job - work/ life balance.
Excellent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 October 2017
I am Happy working in Sopra steria and its is an excellent environment to work with people. Flexible team and lots of benefits for employees. Workplace was amazing and lots of opportunities to lear new technologies.
Not fun
Passport Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool17 August 2017
Really easy job to be fair but poorly run the company as a whole didn't do anything to try and keep staff happy and work days were long and boring and the way they treat agency staff is wrong.
Pros
Christmas work night out
Cons
Long days very boring
Not delivering the promise from points taken from interview
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
Supposed to work around your home, but instead made to drive to London each day with your own car, fuel and use of your phone, repairing Dell computer. All motherboards were supposed to be new but most were dead, so replacing with a dead board, which again had to fit the customers faulty board, doubling the time on site, unable to make money so left job
Pros
Working for Dell.
Cons
Long hours, working away from home, being lied to
Good memories
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel, Hertfordshire26 July 2017
I worked there over 11 years ago, moved for career advancement. Like many companies it has changed significantly over the previous 11 years so unable to offer a recent review.
Productive work place
PCT Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2017
Overall good experience of working for Sopra Steria. Management is very helpful and flexible. Learned quite a few skills and it did asked long hours due to the work involved. Great team work with whom I worked.
Pros
Flexi working
Cons
Long Hours
Overworked underpaid
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrington17 July 2017
Would you like to get paid terribly and be overworked at the same time.
It's an in joke that there is no Money left in the Pot for any sort of pay increase.
You could train a monkey to do most of the work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues, if you're on a decent team you can tolerate it, but beware of all the brown nosing.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Overworked and Management don't care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sopra Steria. Our community is ready to answer.