Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
supportive with in the team
flexi time working allowed for work/life balance to be better than many jobs allow.
Upper management didn't appear to care about the affect of their decisions on the lives of the people working very hard every day for their benefit and they don't give much in the way of notice however within the team the staff are supportive, informative and helpful and would deal with the stress by eating biscuits and laughing. Over all very good place to work and i shall miss it when my fixed term contract comes to an end.
Best job to work around family
Bank is the best to work for you pick and choose your hours.
Always shifts

Pay is good

Staff on all wards are lovely

And get to go all different places around the hospital and learn different things

Great job for someone with family commitments.
Jobs for the boys
Jobs for the boys, if your face fits you get positions you want pay you want you can have leave without it being taken off your annual leave entitlement
productive
friendly and supportive workplace, i am enjoying work here.management and colleagues are very friendly therefore it is always a pleasure to come to work everyday
Poor trading and lack of work
Very poor management and training. No work came my way either. Atmosphere in office very poor. Most but not all friendly just kept the work to themselves for fear of not looking busy.
24 September 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst working for the Trust.

We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values. Please give us a call on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you further and take action to prevent these behaviours.

Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Very supportive staff
Plenty of training available, helpful and supportive staff. Management have been very helpful and supportive. Parking an issue as with everywhere. Not free as implied.
24 September 2019
Thak you for taking the time to write a review - we are glad you had a positive experience of working for the Trust

Supportive and helpful staff
During my time with this company I was supported by other team members. I was taken on as bank staff but quickly secured a full time permanent position.
28 August 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you had a good experience of working for us.
Good place to work and good culture
I enjoyed working there, meeting new people from families and talking to them. The hours were good and I liked the shift work. The management were good.
Pros
I liked working with many different people.
Cons
I was not treated well by one of the foreman.
4 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time working with us.
my first worn in the Uk
I was delighted to work for over 1 year and 8 months.
Unfortunately, I 've moved to Wales so I've resigned.

This trust has a strong vision of caring and integration with the territory.

staff are supportive and enthusiastic. In my opinion, if I was a patient I would certainly feel safe in that hospital.
30 May 2019
Thank for your kind review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time working at the Hospital.
Run like the Plague!
The actual job was, good, the job culture for cleaners/housekeepers, abissmal bunch of brown nosing hens they were, one cockerel prancing about like lord of the manor, don’t bend over in the broom cupboards girls. Bullies all of them were, nasty to clients, all the time, nurses and most HCAs were okay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No compassion, patronising
9 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values, if you would like to discuss your concerns further please get in touch with our HR Department on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you and take action to prevent these behaviours.
Buen trabajo unido a facilidades ades laborales y economicas
Trabajo satisfactorio, con facilidad para aprender idiomas y formacion
Pros
Formación general
Cons
Disponibilidad
Poor management
After working in the A&E department for 3 years I went of to have a baby, was promised flexibility. This wasn’t the case upon returning I was told no set shifts. If your face doesn’t fit, neither do you. Bullied by management that left to unfair dismissal. Tried to appeal but the woman who dealt with it was the managers best mate, so no hope. Wouldn’t recommend working, they don’t care about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Everything, including a manager who doesn’t know how to run a department
19 February 2019
We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience while working at the Trust.

We don’t have an A&E Department at Somerset Partnership. However, we work closely with Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust who run the A&E Department at Musgrove Park Hospital.

We do not tolerate these kind of behaviours as they do not fit in with our values, please get in touch with our HR Department on 01823 342220 so we can discuss this with you and take action to prevent these behaviours.
workplace
Work with the dispositions of high availability and physical fitness. Working in a place like a hospital, I learned dypolomacy and good organization of work. I had the opportunity to observe various professions.
Pros
getting a quick experience
Worked as booking clerk
Horrible place to work people are NOT nice and stab you in the back trust no one.

Especially in outpatients and booking centre people are VERY two faced and nasty

I worked there for 9 years NEVER AGAIN
Cons
Management are horrible and useless
12 February 2019
Apologies that we are only just picking this up and we are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst working for the Trust.

Patient centric and supportive
A good company to work for which looks out for their staffs well being with regular opportunities to provide workplace feedback. Any post within the Trust is very secure. The trust puts a great deal of focus on patient care.
Pros
Excellent pension
Cons
Career progression can stagnate
12 February 2019
Apologies that we are only just picking this up however, thank
you very much for your positive comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed working for the Trust.

Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
This is a challengin role which requires flexibililty, quick thinking whilst promoting and respecting individuals who may have a complex illness.
This role requires good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and time management skills as well as the ability to think and act calmly. One must have a good understanding of mental health issues, be open minded towards others and non-judgmental, compassionate and patient; have the practical skills to assist daily living and the ability to promote the rights, responsibilities and recovery of services users. I aim: to engender empowerment and well being not only in patients and carers but for staff also.
The expectation is to work together to build collaborative relationships within the team and in multi-disciplinary and multi-agency settings; that I keep up to date with all mandatory learning, be able to do presentations and have good communication skills.

I supervise staff and promote good team working practices. There is a commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.

Staff are expected to work flexible hours and have a full current driving licence and access to a car.

The majority of time is spent visiting patients in the community - supporting them to work to a recovery programme to then record clinical notes after these visits on a Store and Forward system (lap top). Agile working requires staff to return to base and follow lone working procedures. Typical contacts range from 4-6 clients a day, most face to face and some over the phone. A flexible approach is required should a colleague request support for an assessment or joint visit as well as ad hoc unplanned visits which invariably are designed to reduce risk to the patient/carer.
 - more...
Pros
Diversity, flexibility and frequent changes. Supportive colleagues and managers. Good amount of annual leave.
Cons
Limited lunch breaks, long hours driiving. Limited NHS staff.
Good team work
Working early shifts or evening shifts, sometimes nights. I worked on a variety of units and wards, different client group. I gained knowledge in how to communicate with different people; staff and service users. Hardest part working mix of days and nights, no pattern. Messed with my body clock big time. Enjoyable part seeing service users get better. Also enjoyed working with some staff and there was good team work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Days & nights no shift pattern
Fun and productive
This workplace is challenging but any challenge is good when it comes to a job. Lovely place to work, great experience. I learnt alot working for the nhs.
Satisfactory and fun work place
I have worked 17 years for the NHS, I enjoyed meeting lots of people, patients and their families. Working with different individuals, made the long hours going faster, having fun at work makes life enjoyable and desirable to continue contributing for the Trust.
Pros
good annual leave
Cons
long shifts
Challenging and rewarding
A good place of employment, busy, challenging and rewarding if you are prepared to work hard. Working with the general public in the NHS is a privilege and highly recommended for those wishing to do a worthwhile job.
Pros
Good salary for clerical staff
Cons
Stressful environment, sometimes overwhelming.
No Progression
I had found that i have struggled to find a progression path, i wish it was more clear - suitable for those who don't wish to progress as much maybe..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location