Solutions Recruitment Employee Reviews

Great place for uni students
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 August 2019
As it's a temp agency, you would get sent various jobs ranging from concerts to very formal events. Worked here for around two years alongside my university studies. Great if you're looking to make some extra money, but don't want to commit to consistent hours. This means you can spend several months not taking jobs if you're busy, which is a plus, but the negative is that hours aren't guaranteed, especially post-January and before May. Overall though I would recommend, managers were really nice, pay was better than anywhere else.
Pros
Good pay, choose when you work, variety of experience
Cons
No guaranteed hours, some jobs were very stressful, limited training
Evil scum robbers
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  greggs factory benton22 July 2019
Avoid these evil robbers total criminals wages always short miracle if you get paid the correct amount. twice I didn't get paid at all until the following week and I got a letter from the government saying solutions had been stealing the pension money and its under investigation also a few times I was given a mixture of day and night shifts in the same week I was told if I won't do it I will be replaced by that Lucy Lowe the cow the she cheated me out of holiday pay professional robbers appalling agency
Cons
Amazing team with good management
Pick and Packer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 July 2019
A lot of learning opportunities and fun work place
Quite a good place to work for
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 July 2019
Got offered lots of shifts, however, they altered who did the payroll and staff got messed around a lot. Short notice on shifts and often events were short staffed. Despite no longer working for them I still get texts offering me shifts. The other staff were friendly and good to work with but the management feels disorganized.
Ecxelent Company
Kitchen Porter / Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 May 2019
A reliable company to work.
I really enjoyed to work with Solutions managment ,
Flexible hours and good work conditions .
Would recomend this company .
Terrible
General Operative/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Washington1 April 2019
Rude staff, misleading and don't know what the actual work is that they put you on. Terrible never known anything like it. Complete waste of time. Avoid avoid avoid
Scumbags
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 April 2019
Lowest of the low these type of agencies are disgusting. take advantage of people in bad situations with false promises and complete lies. DO NOT BELIEVE OR ATTEND ANYTHING TO DO WITH SOLUTIONS RECRUITMENT NOTHING WILL COME OFF IT AS IT DOES NOT EXIST.
Scam
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 March 2019
No job just a course, it’s a complete scam avoid. Even offer to pay you 50 pounds to attend it’s a complete joke. Don’t waste your time on this agency!!!!!
Pros
Cons
All of it
Con artists
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Teams, Tyne and Wear27 March 2019
These get you in with 40 or 50 other people,, do paper work for 6 hours ,,, they only do this as they are government funded for every person that does this day course .. DO NOT GO TO THIS COURSE ,, waste of time,, and if you do you will see what I mean ... shocking there even aloud to do this ... even the tutor said they get 500 quid per person that does the course ...
Pros
There is none
Cons
500 quids worth
Great job
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 March 2019
Easy job that allows you to balance the work you want to take on with your life, staff are friendly and management are helpful and easy to communicate with.
Completely misleading
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 March 2019
Was told to go for an induction at their offices. Along with 25 other people we were thrown into a classroom to fill in booklets for a qualification which i did not need as I already have the qualifications needed for the job I wanted. Stayed there and wasted 4 and a half hours of my life. Also yet to receive any certificate. Was told I’d be paid for my time which I also haven’t received. This was made all the worse by the fact I borrowed money for transport to and from there and also for dinner on the premise that I’d be paid, otherwise I’d not have bothered. I was told the I’d be contacted about potential jobs by the end of the week. Yet again this has not happened. They just get you into the office under false pretenses and make you do these daft courses so they can get funding from the European social fund. Complete an utter nonsense. Keep well away.
Cons
Stay away from this agency!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 March 2019
They do not pay you what you are owed and evade and hang up any phone calls you make to them to get what you're owed....They expect people to work for free like slaves no wonder agencies like these keep getting revenue...
Well
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 February 2019
Was called to say could i come in for an induction that would last 2 hours. With starts the following week.

Turned up, along with about 25 others and was ushered into a classroom. And was told uou will be here until around 2.30pm. (Some 4.5hours after arriving), tild we had to do some form filling which turned into filling NCFE booklets in, for some qualification they said we needed. When asking what it was, didnt get an answer. Were told we need to crack on and get the done, as once they are then someone will come and explain about jobs and shifts.

I had applied for a warehouse role, tirns out they where in food production!! And that they, the agency, would find out at end of each week how many people where needed the next week.

I asked if that means some weeks there may be no working hours. I didnt get an answer to to it. Guy just kept rambling on about filling in sheets of paper to say which of the companys you prefered.

Needless to say i didnt. And suprisingly no one has called to check or ask why.

I left the building with another applicant who was as confused as me about it.
Pros
Couldnt see any
Cons
The whole company.
Staff
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Ewcastle6 February 2019
Jobs advertised are false just want people to enrol onto a pre unemployment course telling people that have extensive experience they will be more employable if they attend their government funded course. Every vacancy advertised is a lure for this pointless course. MTREC are at least more truthful. Cowboys using sponsored ads that have ran months for the same position
Cons
Office staff
great people
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands31 January 2019
lovely people and lovely management , unfortunately the job security wasn't the best , you could be working for 1 day a week or 4 days a week depending on how much work load there is
Pros
good salary
Cons
bad communication, still waiting on wages to be paid from before xmas!
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  newcastleupon tyne7 January 2019
Exactly what the other review says really, quite unprofessional and next to no communication when they don't pay you. They even tried to blame my bank lol
Pros
work
Cons
pay, bad communication
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire14 December 2018
Fantastic company for anyone wishing to continue in a recruitment role. Very supportive management team and fast paced exciting team culture. Great commission structure
Constant pay issues
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Team valley10 September 2018
Absolute crooks. Worked 4 weeks before getting a single payment. Constantly lying through their teeth - excuse was that my bank details were incorrect ( they gave the same excuse to all other agency staff at my workplace). After a battle, at the end of the 4th week, all 3 weeks came through as one payment so was heavily taxed as a result. After phoning several times to try and sort it out and constantly being lied to, I eventually had to ring off a different phone as my number was getting ignored. I eventually got through to the ‘manager’ named lucie and have never been spoken to so rudely in my entire life by a member of staff let alone a manager. I still have not recieved any holiday pay. Avoid this agency at all costs.
Cons
Constant pay issues, constantly lied to.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Baggage Crew (Former Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear14 July 2018
It was a really fun and busy working environment to be in. Each shift brought new problems and ways to solve them. All members of staff were friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Early Hours
Working for Solutions was amazing
Case Manager , office assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 July 2018
As a Portuguese living in the United Kingdom for many years , I had have the oportunity to go to work at amazing events , such as horse races , concerts in arenas , Seniors houses.

I also had the experience of Catering such as catering assistant as well bar staff .

I felt very cherisched byworking there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solutions Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8