Solo Service Group Employee Reviews

Very good work place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells26 February 2019
I started cleaning at this company. I learned there everything what I need to do at my job. Hardest part of this job are deep cleanings but is not so bad.Enjoyable part is when comming half term you can do your job quckly and after you have off.
dunelm staff
Store cleaner supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham28 November 2018
my most enjoyable part of working @ the mill wasnt necesseraly the other cleaners i had more fun with the dunelm staff.the minuses i guess would be difficult cleaning partners.
Cons
always carying other cleaners work load.
Productive place to work and also fun
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen19 November 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was productive & fun also. They were very good employers to work for and very helpful and understanding if you needed an help.
Pros
Cons
Early morning
Good firm to work for
Cleaning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea7 September 2018
Been with solo for a few years ,never had any problems with them ,a good firm to work for,good area manager to work with,if you need any help,good training
Pros
Good training
Peoples person
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent2 July 2018
Tupid over to Solo when contracts changed hands. Carried on working my area as before quite happy. Found Solo very clicky, if you had your opinion and it was not what they wanted to hear, you did not get very far. Standing up for my cleaners about pay rises fell on death ears. I enjoyed the contact with clients and cleaning staff, this is what made the job worth while.
Pros
Free Christmas party at hotel with overnight stay.
Cons
Very hard to get a pay rise.
not impressed
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London30 April 2018
been with them a while now, feels like your constantly being watched, was treated like a fool when i said id think about doing overtime. iv worked very hard and only once been told thanks, the rest of the time is criticism. nobody seems to want to know, and everyone's under so much pressure there tight as a drum. seems like theirs no love for the workforce. was told one of the managers considered the contracts "worth a rolex to him" im glad about that, now what about the people who do the work?
Pros
early start, early finish
Cons
lack of decent leadership
bad review
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taunton20 April 2018
solo ripped me off thousands as there was no way of me to prove this I left they had me cover all the hours and when people rang in sick but did not pay me for that just made excuses I cleaned the whole store 7 days a week for 3 months as someone was let go but they took there time to replace them
Cons
over worked under payed not payed for overtime and used
Not a recommended company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Swansea21 March 2018
This has to be the worst company I have worked for. No balance in work loads. Just get dumped on. Certain staff members are so clicky. If your face don't fit then your in trouble from the word go. Looking for another job. Can't wait to get out of here.
Pros
Nice canteen. Modern office
Cons
Plenty too long to list
poor company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Mountsorrel13 January 2018
poor company to work for
wages then when wanted to pay us
treated us like slaves
always short of staff[
always felf like i was hated by staff because i would complain
Ok
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  England10 January 2018
Ok company to work for. Hours are flexible. Bosses are fair and down to earth. Good bunch of diverse workmates. Jobs in all different settings. Overall ok.
Flexible working
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 December 2017
Hours are flexible but not enough hours at present as to why I am looking for more hours. Pros are that you get the school/college holidays off when the college breaks up so that’s a bonus for working for this company, overtime is available only during the summer holidays or when available not very often.
Pros
Time off during the school/college holidays
Cons
Not enough hours
School cleaner Birmingham
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 November 2017
Awaiting Dbs after applying for job took 5wks
Good stock of cleaning materials
Manager is helpful at sorting more hrs out that I wanted
Term time work apart from 4 weeks during the year where you have to do a deep clean.
There may be overtime but in different places to where you work ask if you want more hours even if it's in a different location.
Pay is every 4 weeks
28 days holiday
Plus after 30 hours a week they pay towards your pension.
Nice staff
Free uniform
Pros
Training is provided pension and extra hours if needed
Cons
When people off sick and dont tell supervisor/you have to cover
Great
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Tamworth10 September 2017
I love working hard . I lovery to help people in don't mind working alone or part of a team I'm self disciplined I avoid conflict I'm a tidy and clean worker and I always think of others I will work part time or full time
Pros
Getting a job
Cons
Not getting a job
Supportive
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire23 July 2017
Amazing company to work for. Always friendly. Always in contact wether it be through email or your phone can answer any queries. Also her fair in how they do things.
Pros
Good pay
fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire29 June 2017
good atmosphere great people to work with always clean and tidy always opens on time staff are always chatty and fab to work with. management is great to get on with too.
Awful company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Roundswell13 May 2017
Solo are a terrible company to work for. They have messed up every single pay day since ive worked for them. They never rectify their mistakes.
I also had problems with another member if staff and put an official compliant in. I never heard anything back from them regarding the matter
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Dont pay correctly. Complaints not acknowldged
cleaning
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 May 2017
sweeping floors then buffing and toilet cleaning also the canteen to
clean and a bit of damp dusting if we have time.
hardest part is getting up in the morning.
the most enjoyable part is when I'm leaving to go shopping
Pros
no breaks
Cons
hours ok
great people to work with
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent12 April 2017
Good times there wish I could work for them again in the future . Great hours and good times. Great team of people. Hard work at times especially around Christmas in the schools
Pros
good hours
Cons
summer cleans
none (Former Employee) –  Wales13 March 2017
ok as long as you know how to do cleaning. salary is ok which is minimum payment. minimize supervision by your boss. free uniform and good benefit. the problem is u will never meet your manager. anything only need to report to the supervisor.
Fun enjoyable company to work with
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Redditch21 February 2017
Great company to work with loyal hardworking company very understanding always had supplys of cleaning products always had supply worker's available when any other employees were off sick good team players always willing to join to together to get the cleaning done great bosses always willing to help you in any difficulties you may be facing great at offering you overtime if there was any suggestions of not being able to get relief workers great work hours as having children myself I needed a job to fit around them
Pros
Lived near where i worked