Sofology
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Sofology Employee Reviews

United Kingdom114 reviews
Nice team on shop floor level however senior management (area managers) are never satisfied and will bully you to get results.

Ok place to work for a single person but if you have a family then forget it. You spend every weekend and bank holiday in the store as it’s their peak times. But to be fair that’s the same for most retail jobs.
Pros
Nice work colleagues on sales level.
Cons
Senior management bully you to get results.
These scumbags have no morals. Bonuses robbed because customers don't give you a 9 or 10, EVEN with great comments. Conversion counters on door mean that even if you book a load of money, they penalise you for not booking the browsers, too!! Con. Also, they scream compliance on their web orders, but it's 'see no Evil' to get deals in store.
Pros
Tell funny jokes about men's tackle
Cons
Everything. They don't care about you. And Sally Hopson........
Management weren’t helpful and would rather pile pressure on that help & direct the store achieve better results. Most that work there don’t like the job but continue as they are used to it. The people on your level are great and it’s a family atmosphere but anyone above ie deputy manager, manager, regional Manager make you feel like even when you’re doing well it’s not good enough it’s a derogatory, down grading environment and you’re only as good as your last sale . There is NO work life balance it’s every weekend every bank holiday so many ‘closed periods’ ie time in the year you can’t book off that you never get time with family and you work shifts of 9-5, 11-7, 12-8 frequently changed without much notice
Pros
Chance for bonus (although not often hit as the criteria to get it changes a lot)
Cons
Money for the time you work, work life balance, can’t book many holidays at time of the year you would like, management, pressure (even when not warranted), Rota, toxic environment at times
I am so disappointed in this company. I would avoid at all costs! They treat you badly!
When I first joined the team and managers where supportive! After you get to know them they are very rude and they tell you that ‘Banter’ is not permitted but most of them are bully’s anyway. Time and again I would not let people get to me and in the end I had enough. I started getting serious mental health issues but I carried on. I then got signed off as I had to self isolate for 2 weeks. I then was put on furlough and to be told I would have to work. (Which is illegal). After 2 months of being off I went back to work and they told me that my contract is terminated? When they could of told me while I was ‘furloughed’ Honestly. I would not work all buy from there. I know the ins and outs pretty well it’s not the best environment.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
The worst, most unprofessional company! Bullies for Managers, making people ill and using private info. on other employees as gossip. HR not bothered!
Pros
I managed to get out :)
Cons
Bullying Unprofessional Staff
They pick and choose who they want as and when and will make sure you don’t get payed your overtime by replacing you before you exceed the 40 hours needed to be payed this, typical greedy owners.
Pros
You get to be out and about sometimes good for tips
Cons
Hard work, treat like cattle, made to feel uncomfortable, low pay, etc
Sofology is a great place to work. They offer a really informative induction where you get a chance to learn about the business. The instore and support teams have a real family feel to them.
The whole company truly lives the values. Working for Sofology you have a lifelong career as they invest into your future and give you all the tools to succeed.
Worked for the company for nearly 3 years and I love it, great place to work, if you like sales and are good, I would definitely recommend, paid very well too. Not commissioned based so you really are finding what the customers needs/wants and not just what will make you money, targets can by high but taking them one day at a time makes them look very achievable and when achieved you pay is very good, only store managers in other companies would be paid as well! The company put great focus on feedback and how to make it a better place to work and in the 3 years I have seen a lot of changes, most for the better, also being under the DFS umbrella job security is also there! The only hard part of the job is at nights and during December where it can be very quiet and it’s easy to switch off!
Pros
Great pay, normal hours
From interview day to currently being in store the experience has been fantastic. Beginning in head office in England and visiting other stores to grasp how the job works to training events all year round I haven't ever worked for a company where I have felt more at home and a part of a fantastic team. The support available it top class whether it be for progression in the company or your just having a bad day, the team really do go above and beyond.
Company pretends to care but in reality couldn’t give a toss about their employees!
Zero health & safety, deliver at all costs, vehicles overloaded!!!

Drivers are blamed for damage to furniture & customers property without proof, will attempt to dock wages!

Senior management is a joke!

Very strong drug culture, drivers aloud to leave the depot whilst hung over!!!
Pros
Wage not too bad....
Cons
Too many to list
I was warned when applying for this job that the staff, managers and basically everyone that works there are all one click. No room for outsiders, treated like absolute rubbish if you need a day off. Supervisors drinking alcohol in the office, not doing their job, people leaving the office to go for as many breaks as they wanted, muting calls to call customers, or just not answering them. Induction given and training for shop floor roles, although people in office / phone based roles had training for a full day had to travel to Warrington and learn about the inside of a sofa but had absolutely no training stall on the systems on the computers and phones. Was a complete waste of time.
I worked for this company for a number of years, the pay is good but the job will take over your life. There is no work life balance and you must work every weekend if you are full time.

Hard work is not effectively rewarded, the screening for the step into management does not see that the correct people become managers. This means often managers lack basic people skills and are only promoted as they are believed to be able to churn out results. There is a lack of support for development, unless you are the bosses favourite, yet they will run you to the ground getting you to prove yourself with no appreciation. For the large part the company and managers do not care about your mental health and well-being, you are there to sell sofas and that is all they are interested in. Staff are unhappy and unmotivated due to reasons such as these, they feel unappreciated and are drained with pressure every day, however they do not express this to management only amongst the team.

This company will expand and do well, however the culture will move to a more commission environment and the fun will gradually continue to be ripped out of the job. Overall I do not regret my time at Sofology, however this is only due to the people I worked alongside and what the money enabled me to achieve. If you are looking to develop yourself as a person and become the best you can be, a career at Sofology is sadly quite limiting.
I really enjoy working at Sofology. The team I work with is fantastic and a really good laugh that produces fantastic work. The only area I feel let down is pay. I do feel within the team I'm in that we are all underpaid. It is not a very competitive salary for what the team does for the company.
Worked for a awhile , but experienced racism in so many forms , had no pro[per outlet to resolve problems , life was made unnecessarily difficult with the poor management structure and unprofessional staff.
Progression was good , but since dfs took over it gone down hill , making
People redundant who worked there years . Always understaffed in warehouse .
Really bad place to worked here for three years no structure no experienced management bullies and racist staff the pay is not good for the job you do it’s all about money for the company never the staff sick staff who take the mickey
Pros
Cons
You finish at 4 o’clock
Worst employer in 25 plus years of my career. Sexist, bullying management. As a female working in a male dominated environment, I was treated with little respect. Language of male sales staff was offensive and appalling. Manager didn't have any managerial skills or experience. Was grossly lacking in any experience of how to interact with customers.
I can honestly say that I deeply regret my time at Sofology and would not recommend it as a potential employer to any one looking to work for a forward thinking, modern company which encompasses equality for all its employees whether male or female.
Advising , selling , financing , giving 100 percent customer service.
Day to day customer service and keeping showroom up to a high standard. Keeping up with regular updates in the workplace.
-Stressful
-Poor management

-Favouritism

-Get treated unfairly

-Pay is ok

-1 in 3 weekends

Would not recommend unless you want to hate getting up to go to work.
Mon avis sur cette entreprise est très négatif à cause des conditions de travail.
i have worked at Sofology for 6 years almost now and there has been talk about improvement but the reality is they dont care about you they just want the work done which i find very unprofessional, unsafe