Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 860 reviews matching the search See all 12,574 reviews
Just a awful company
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 May 2019
Lazy managment no support they don't think you have a life out of work .. just terrible .. no staff stays long because you end up doing managers paper work. Stock takes but they take all the glory ..
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Good company that has always supported me
Head of CRC Property delivery (Former Employee) –  Home based office11 May 2019
I worked at Sodexo for 8.5 yrs and they always looked after me in terms of interesting roles and managerial support. As an engineer, work was varied and interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the team until I retired and went travelling.
Pros
Rewards and recognition
Cons
Work life balance suffered due to business expectations on my last project
Friendly co workers
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire7 May 2019
Co workers are friendly... depending on where your working it can be very busy .supervisors can talk down to you . A lot of back stabbing from different departments and manager will stab you in back .
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Bad management
General Info
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 May 2019
The training for the Job is relatively easy and simple. A typical work day would only last 4-5 hours as we only need to cover the timings of football games.
The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with angry, drunk and impatient customers however this should be a deterrent for working here.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short shifts
Enjoyable work space
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 May 2019
I personally enjoy working for Sodexo as i can have a good work and life balance while doing a job i genuinely enjoy. The money is excellent and the experience is even better
Pros
Good pay
relaxed and good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent2 May 2019
i enjoy my job i really do but i beileve for what i do i am not valued as a person. peoples protection is in my hands and i dont even get £2000 a year before tax. but as a place to work i really enjoy it.
Pros
people i work with
Cons
low pay
Positive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Headley Court, Epsom KT18 6JW1 May 2019
Much the same as Aramark good managers and staff etc. Good military etc good experience too friendly at most fear good working relations etc good people to work for.
Pros
JRD advalable at discount
Cons
some saterdays for deep cleans
Cleaner
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Heathrow29 April 2019
I worked part time at Sodexo cleaning while my children where young to earn extra money per week but left due to new jobs and more benefits for me and my family
Worked for before, not sure I will again
Front of house catering staff (Former Employee) –  Gulidford15 April 2019
Worked on a contract held by Sodexo. I had worked a job like this previously and held the necessary skill and knowledge to work it effectively. Management was poor. The Catering manager micromanaged me towards the end of my probation. Set me far too many tasks to complete in an unrealistic time frame. Along with writing out a list of my entire job for that day. (Had been there a few months beforehand). Felt patronising and made me felt like I was being treated like a child. Lunch breaks are at a poor time, just as the restaurant closes meaning you don't end up getting your job completed in time unless you don't take your break.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Terrible management
Hygiene assistant
Night Shift Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen11 April 2019
I've been working for this company for many years. Since couple months managers wasn't been helpful at all. They haven't give us any pay rise since 2016. They're giving us many more responsibilities but working time is still the same. They haven't pay for any overtimes.
Good people with-in the work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Flint10 April 2019
I had 4 hours to clean 4 different factory's. I had to clean 4 Kitchens/Canteens, Hallways/Corridors, Windows and toilets.
The people with-in the factory's where good, kind and helpful.
Enjoyable work place
Cleaner/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Airport9 April 2019
A great Team ! Always humble and positive especially though high pressure service .
Hard work and a decent salary. Always meeting new people which is great. I really enjoyed ! Had to move to different city because of my partner.
I learned how to work under pressure with my team and I also learned how to train new members of staff. My co-workers were friendly and helpful as were all managers and supervisors.

I guess the hardest part of the job was working when/if are short staff/ sickness but this is happening in each company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team :-)
Worst company ever
Senior Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe5 April 2019
Awful company to work for... typical fat cat, back stabbing one upmanship company...they are great at shouting the odds ie ramming the health and safety, and unworkable company policies down employees throats but actually awful at caring for their staff or the actual work which is done.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Terrible
Lounge host (Former Employee) –  Emirates Glasgow3 April 2019
Horrible place to work , managers are terrible and are happy for a bullying atmosphere to be in place. Happy to lie about staff and have one rule for one person then a different rule for another person. They are happy to blame the clients for any problems although Sodexo are the cause of the problems. Lie about incentives , eg offering £100 to refer a friend for employment. Never receiving the £100 promised.
Pros
Free lunches
nice people to work
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire3 April 2019
i enjoined working with my site manger, was a lot of fun working with my site manger and he helped me with my work. he always showed me what to do before hand before making me do the job
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
buen ambiente de trabajo
Anfitriona, Hostess y Front-of-House (Former Employee) –  Greater London30 March 2019
hay muy buena comunicacion y buena gestion en el area personal.
Aprendi cursos de acuerdo al area donde trabajaba.
Pros
tenia posibilidad de inscribirme en seguros y otros
great company
Kitchen assistant/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London23 March 2019
great place to work for and Sodexo helps you train in any department that you want to learn in. great people to work with I enjoyed my time there and work there again
Fun and interesting place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falmer21 March 2019
I work at the Amex Stadium (primarily on matchdays) and the atmosphere is amazing. The staff, both in my sector and in the management team, are lovely and friendly and make the day much easier and fun. I have learnt how to develop my customer service skills whilst meeting a diverse range of people. I enjoy the team I work with and the hourly rate is perfect for how many hours I work! I have recommended to so many people to work here.
Pros
Friendly staff and good money.
Cons
Food breaks arent that long.
Offshore Admin
Heli Admin (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen20 March 2019
Worked Offshore as Admin and Steward . Over the last few years there have been no salary increases and staff cuts increasing the workload on those who stay .
Offshore used to be well paid but the pay gap between offshore and onshore have narrowed over the last few years so decided it was time to take control of my life and work for myself to re-establish my life work balance
Pros
Time off
Cons
Long periods away at a time
good perks
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset18 March 2019
worked in a school kitchen
its fast paced and at time challenging
my manager was lovely when i needed anything and nothing was ever too much trouble
other members of staff how ever where tricky to be around on a daily basis
sodexo perks at xmas were nice
Pros
free meal
Cons
unpaid 15 min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K