Sodexo Employee Reviews

Not any fan to work for sodexo
ANONUMOUS (Former Employee) –  ANONIMOUS29 August 2017
Very very bad management not respect for any one, very very disappointed !!!! Under staff not good with your paid they use you, if your work for Sodexo for long definitely you going fill very depress the way they treat you ,not any support from any one !!!
Someone have to learn to them the word Respect what is mean .
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Work 27/7
Terrible company to work for
Site Cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire29 August 2017
Horrible working conditions, Training is laborious, Management don't have a clue what there doing,Distgusting dirty horrible job, there isn't any nice parts of this job.
internship
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central26 August 2017
I was a intern for 6 weeks, i got a good introduction to working life at a mid size company, overall it was a good learning experience that i enjoyed.
Pros
people
Cons
location
Sodexo Defence
Catering (Former Employee) –  Allenby Connaugt24 August 2017
Sodexo as an employer is very committed to its team members. Ongoing training is available. You may need to be proactive with asking for it. It doesn't tend to support its new managers very well.

Very customer focused which gives it the edge. Uniform is smart but but you have to work at it.

The salaries vary and most of the customer facing roles are minimum wage. However, the benefits and discount service are very good.
Pros
Great team ethos
Cons
Some managers lack experience and/or support of seniors
Nice Enviroment
Bar Man/Steward (Current Employee) –  Headley21 August 2017
Nice working environment, I learned a multitude of skills due to the fact I had various roles to perform at the company. Most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with customers
Nice place to work but not enough hours
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 August 2017
Extremely busy unit catering for almost 1000. Low salary , not enough hours too many unpaid holidays as it's term time only position, there is a chance of overtimes which is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salary
Ok
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire17 August 2017
Ok place to work and lovely staff,hard work for little salary,managment are ok and like to try to halp you where they can most of the time.free lunches for catering staff but not for cleaner staff,very well trained well you work there.
General assistant full time (Former Employee) –  Dunraven school streatham London16 August 2017
Sodexo lost a contact with the school and I don't want to work with the new company. I'm used to work with Sodexo. It's a good company. They understand and listen
Pros
Free lunch
Poor Company
Lone groundsman Thames valley Park (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 August 2017
Poor company with even worse management, they took over at my work place a week ago and after telling me i would get all the equipment i needed and my job was safe i found 2 days in they no longer wanted me and were doing away with my position. Not a trustworthy company at all.
Cons
The management.
Busy but productive workplace
Catering manager SME (Current Employee) –  Woolwich9 August 2017
Great Job working with some great people.
There is no typical day as I may be at my site or one of another 8 sites supporting them.
We encourage engagement within our teams.
hardest part of my Job is getting Forecast of events from the military for feeding strengths.
Most enjoyable meeting and serving royalty
Pros
Being the driver of the food service offer for the barracks in London
Cons
non enegagement of other managers
Productive workplace
Front of House Porter (Former Employee) –  Dishforth1 August 2017
Worked on an Army Camp, some mornings were very early but once in work there was always something to do. Manning till and being in the cafe was fun but washing dishes wasn't so much. The management team were very helpful and taught me everything correctly and were very understanding and patient. Hardest part of the job was definitely having to everything so quickly, the chefs are very time punctual. Most enjoyable part was meal times, serving all of the soldiers.
Pros
Free snacks and hot drinks from cafe
Cons
Early mornings (6:30am)
ok to work for
gardening supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire31 July 2017
enjoyed the work day to day very good team of lads and lots of varied work on a fairly big site which needed a lot of work to maintain.Lots o planning and changing to try to work on.
Pros
discounted food in cafeteria
Cons
too many bosses
Productive & fun workplace
Head Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London28 July 2017
Nice and well organised company to work with. Management and workplace culture is good. Investor in people. Respect culture and diversity. Early rise is the only cons
Pros
Investor in people
Cons
Early rise
Disjointed poorly managed
Steward (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire28 July 2017
Recently acquired contract by Sodexo and the experience so far of this company is diabolical. Non existent communications from the hierarchy as to the business plan reductions in staff numbers lead to an unhappy working environment . Not my first experience of business ownership change but by far the worst. And local management are unable to handle the situation .
Pros
Cons
Plenty
fun workin plase
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 July 2017
ido like my job its nice job I enjoy working for Sodexho its good company to work for am looking for Monday to Friday 7 till 3.30 the same what am down now thank you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 ours
poor culture
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  regional role across south East eNGLAND26 July 2017
I would not work for Sodexo again, worked in a regional role across the south East of England , there was a culture of favouritism.

the values and aims of the organisation as a whole was fantastic however, every separate business worked in silo so there is no one single consistent approach and or ways of working.
Pros
good people with intergrity
Cons
extremely long hours
OK Company to Work For If Local
Retail Assitant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex24 July 2017
This job is ok for someone who is local. However, if you live a long way from the workplace it can be very difficult especially if you are reliant on Public Transport as the travelling can cost an absolute fortune which is something this particular Company do not understand.

Having come from an office background I have learnt quite a bit about the Retail Sector
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Cost Of Getting to and from work
casual
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 July 2017
This position is on a casual basis and is only on match days in Everton FC I do enjoy working here as everybody is there to enjoy the team they support and you feel such good vibes I also enjoy working as a team there I feel that all the team members that I have worked with there over the years have also enjoyed it and we all keep in touch once the season has ended.
Chef manager
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire18 July 2017
Good company to work for good prospects and plenty of support Uniform provided and staff meal on duty Good training and development if you need it Plenty of scope to put your ideas forward
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Only 20days holiday
Best workplace ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Neyland17 July 2017
Working for Sodexo is challenging but fun, the manager of the cleaning department is excellent, if I had ever had an issue either big or small he was happy to help every time, one of the benefits of working for Sodexo is that they provide free transport from many of the major towns in Pembrokeshire
Pros
Free transport to and from work
Cons
long hours with small breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K