Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 813 reviews matching the search See all 11,712 reviews
Too long gone for a review
Accounts Manager, Sodexo Vending Services Division (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester26 February 2018
I have been away from Sodexo too long to offer a proper opinion on current working practices & it would be wrong of me to attempt to do so. They appear to still want to do good things.
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire23 February 2018
My job title is shop assistance. I really enjoy my job doing different job role, handling cash, accepting deliveries ,stock check, baking and cooking , working at tills etc. I have learned lots of thing from my job like how to deal with costumer, working as a team, maintain good working relationship with colleagues, to be honest, trustworthy and flexibility .The work place is so friendly and helpful.
Everyday is different
Bar Supervisor & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire22 February 2018
Long hours esp with functions
Management skill knowledge a must
People skills and diversity required
Other managers are always wanting to shine
clients are the best
Never been so taken for granted in my life.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex20 February 2018
Dreadful management from both the line manager and their superiors, no concern for employees or customers well being. Terrible standards of cleanliness simply because doing it things right costs money.
Pros
N/a
Cons
bad pay, unpredictable and non nonsensical shifts that get changed without any notice or warning
good for someone straight out of college
Mess steward (Current Employee) –  South West19 February 2018
This job is a good position for someone just starting there career, enjoy mixing with different people and cultures. since working here i have learnt how to silver serve
Cons
weekend working and late night functions
Dissapointing place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey18 February 2018
Used to be a great place to work but things changed lately. No matter how hard you work they wont appriciate it. The money is really low to compare to the work what you do. They will push you way over your limit until you quit.
Good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pewsey17 February 2018
Sodexo were a good employer. They provided a good working environment and the other employees were friendly and hard working. The job was very varied and enjoyable.
Worst company iv ever worked for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Wales15 February 2018
Awful to work for. Bullys. Lost all my right to work stuff. Birth certificate bank details etc. Sacked because I kept asking for updates on my lost stuff. Still waiting to hear on all my personal details being found. Worked at the site for 9 yrs happily for another company. All changed when they took over. To many bosses not enough workers
Pros
Cons
Bullys
Very nice work pleace
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford12 February 2018
Sodexo is a very good company. All of the staff is very nice, polite and frendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers where are not feeling well. I am working in the hospital.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very low payment
Good ethics and career opportunities
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Home office based12 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sodexo. It is a big business and this offers you the chance to work in some very diverse work places.
Worked with some lovely people and customers.
Pros
Package
Cons
long hours and travel
Amazing Workplace
Barista/Server/Plate waiter/Kiosk Supervisor/Bar (Current Employee) –  Hampden Park Stadium12 February 2018
A typical day consists of daily running of the business, working as part of a team. fully trained up by the company.
good working conditions and amazing colleagues. Hardest part of the job would be big game days as they are long hours and hard work, best part of the job would be getting to meet new people and other workers within the company and above
Good company with good prospects
I started as an assistant chef and when I finished (Former Employee) –  Greater London9 February 2018
Had a long career with this company and learnt many things.
I built up a good career and worked at many sites across London. I was involved in a lot of additional activities and they were a very encouraging company to work for.
very friendly staff
Part time Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 February 2018
cleaning offices, toilets, corridors etc
How to provide a good service
very friendly and understanding
very British
keeping it clean when too many people are using the same area
the staff are amazing and very friendly
Pros
very co-operative
Cons
only just took over from previous agency
Staff development ( Investors in people ) good
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington College1 February 2018
Preparing for Healthy & Safety Audits the final day left work at midnight without finishing final touches. print and make up 52 ssw/ risk assessment and coshh folders.

Learnt to cope working under extreme pressure and produce desired stanadards that moved the company forward from the previous year 82% to 92% a good 10% improvement.
Pros
yes free meals
Cons
definitely long and unsocial hours
Very poor management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire30 January 2018
My experence with this company was good at first but soon realised the amount expected to do was so unrealistic and no help or support from supervisers or managers. Also i was pushed out of the door for having a mental health condition!!
Encouraging working environment
Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield27 January 2018
A very team orientated company.
As a former employee was always supported in areas that may need other members then just myself.
The company offer many benefits and schemes which can be to your advantage! Multiple discounts with countless companies which you are also rewarded with points that you can transfer into money. I received £90 just for buying an object referred by Sodexo.
Sodexo is not just a simple company they have a range of careers, you also receive support through the company if you want to transfer into another career within the company.
Management were not afraid to have criticism so they can improve on themselves. No company is perfect but I have to say they do try to look after their staff. I would happily find a career with Sodexo again if given the chance.
Pros
Point schemes that transfer to money, opportunities to progress, weekly events within the company, employee reward scheme
Cons
Long hours, may be required to travel distances in short notice.
Work for them for 20 years
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
It is a fun company to work for ,there are lots of pepper work involving health and safety books & take food safety very seriously. Pay is comparable. The reason I'm not working for them right now is my old place shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
40 hours weekly
Commercial Learning Curve
General Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 January 2018
This was the start of an extremely challenging 3-4 years, from retuning to the UK in the commercial services sector; and following 24 years in the military delivering logistical services.

The beginning was great; but with the ever changing commercial challenges i quickly learnt the harsh reality of working as a contractor in the services sector
The customer was being challenged to make considerable efficiency savings and as the incumbent contractor we were challenged to deliver this but maintain standards
Pros
Learning curve!!!!
Cons
Lack of loyalty
Wouldn’t work for them again
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire25 January 2018
Not a good experience in the time I have worked for the company, not much chance to progress with in the company it’s definatly an experience working for Sodexo .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K