Sodexo Employee Reviews

good company
Food Service Assistant Kitchen Porter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
Good Company to work for provide certificates to advance in the company friendly helpful company and good benefits I have worked for sodexo for Seven years and Found Them to be a beneficial company to work for
Pros
advanced carrer
Cons
hours limited
good fun
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
food prep, cleaning, dish washing, serving children.. enjoyed learning need job rules and learning to cook different things.. management was lovely really helped me
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Not Bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk11 October 2017
not a bad place to work most people are friendly especially my staff but then their are some downfalls. strange hours will do it. but like I said free lunches and that not bad is suppose.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Strange hours
great job
Chef (Former Employee) –  bardges in shetland11 October 2017
sodexo is a very good company to work for. managers excel in employees. rate of pay is very good. free food and had wifi and 32 inch tv in my room. was a great life style and the team was always helpful.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 October 2017
I have been working with Sodexo at HMP Peterborough for the past 2 months and I LOVE IT, it has been challenging at times but overall very good place to work. We have an excellent team culture, very friendly and supportive. Also great L&D programme available
Pros
Sodexo provide staff with free lunch, discount cards, gym and many more!
brilliant place to work
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh6 October 2017
i loved worked with sodexo great bunch of people to work with i got taught a lot new stuff working for them friendly customers as well as work mates management where amazing
Pros
free food
Cons
early morning
Terrible to work for
Chef Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF21 October 2017
When first started great management but after a year a management shuffle and not a very good one since they came from accounting it was only a matter of time before all the SxxT hit the fan!! As a Chef myself of 20 years Sodexo say they produce high standards of food what a joke 75% food is frozen and the other 25% normally left overs that i was getting told to use you are not allowed to express your creative skill what so ever .
So if you want to feel like a drone doing the same thing week in & week out feeling miserable and no getting job satisfaction fine this is for you. But if you want to be a professional Chef and express your creative flair and use the skill you trained for DO NOT GO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Cons
Management communication, not allowed to express your skills, Training a joke they show you answers.
Nice enjoyable job.
Barrista/General Assitant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 October 2017
I work in a busy coffee shop,we are in a secure building so we don't work with the general public just the workers within the building which is quite nice as you get to know these people and their likes and dislikes.
The job is hard at times when it's busy but still enjoyable,the other staff members are nice and pleasant the hardest part of my job is keeping postive because the constant negativity management seem to have with it's staff and consantly putting you down and making you feel unaprecated and uninspired.
The hours are great as I do set hours with evenings,weekends and bank holidays off (bank holidays are part of your holidays so you get 20 days off the rest of the year and bank holidays makes it to 28) . My normal day at work is spent between serving customers on the till.Making a selection of hot drinks to order.keeping the shelves and fridges topped up for customers use.I have personaly learned to be less nervous when talking to people and have become more positive within myself,I believe this is to do with the other staff members I work with on a day to day basis.
Pros
meal on duty, hot drinks, sodexo rewards are good if you can make use of them, I have used the reduced cinema tickets for me and my family, I work set hours which is great as I can plan things to do around my shifts
Cons
Managements constant negitivty
Long Hours, Constant hard work
Hospitality Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hampden Park Stadium26 September 2017
Long hours, low wage, constantly moving, meet good people. Most of the shift is filling tables with food for the VIPs, most of the VIPs are nice sociabl people, but some are very rude and don't appreciate your sevice to them and make your shift harder to get through.
Job Opinion
Steward (Former Employee) –  North Sea25 September 2017
12 hours working shift with various tasks covered during work hours. Learnt many new skills and teamwork very important. Management had varying different styles as different people in the post during work period. Working in oilfields has a varied culture and every trip offered something different sometimes good sometimes indifferent. Long consecutive shifts 12 hours on 12 hours off. 2 on 2 off shifts or 3 on 3 off shifts. but the time off made the job worthwhile.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Long Work Day
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets
Enjoyment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 September 2017
A typical day at work will be signing in at my designated area then I will check to see if we have enough stock in fridges and on shelves; this can sometimes also include organising stock by expiry date. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment whilst having fun. The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it is, however this doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. The most enjoyable part of the job is again how fast paced it is it means my shift goes very quick.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only work home matches.
Good
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh22 September 2017
Friendly environment supportive management and work colleagues, great fulfilment working with the public and relatives and no two days are the same learn skills
team oriented
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  42 commandos Plymouth20 September 2017
Great company to work for spent 18 years in management with Sodexo both at the prestigious Brittania Royal Naval College where I was Services Manager looking after both hard and soft FM, moving to another unit (42 commandos Plymouth ) where I spent 5 years .
Pros
good team ethos
Cons
could be quite stressful meeting deadlines
Productive and Fun!
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 September 2017
I work match days at St James park which is exciting as there is something new every shift! Great working environment with cheerful staff and team leaders.
Pros
Food at the end of the match
Cons
Cleaning the sauce stations
n/a
Night Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London16 September 2017
you will need to be mad to work for this company as they don't know how to treat people.
managers never call back when you need them
staff stab you in the back
Pros
Cons
everything they say
Making every day a better day!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
A great and fun workplace to be part of. Individuals with a great variety of experience.
The diverse nature of the business presents with exciting opportunities to progress.
Not a very nice place to work
Mess Hand (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire11 September 2017
Really didn’t like working here, the managers would pick on people and talk to everyone like something they’ve picked off of the bottom of their shoe. I’d never work there again.
Cons
Management aren’t nice
productive and fun workplace
Restaurant Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2017
great company with lots of career progression opportunities. pay well if you get into the corporate service or sport and leisure sector. great benefits and good teams
Good in certain departements, lacking in others.
Customer Service Assistant/Barista (Former Employee) –  University College London6 September 2017
Good benefits and competitive pay (i was on London living wage) with good corporate benefits.

Lack of communication in upper management and understanding of lower staff roles and what was possible within the working day.
Pros
food included, good pay.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K