Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 798 reviews matching the search See all 11,534 reviews
A good company specialising in using Maximo asset management tools
System Deployment Admin - Contract (Former Employee) –  Home8 March 2018
A company specialising in using Maximo asset management tool.
Good structure. A weakness is reliance on home-working where sometimes this can lead to inadequate communication.
Generally good to work at. Good team. Friendly staff, nurses and officers.
Substance Misuse Nurse/Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
I worked there for 7 1/2 years. Left because of disagreement with Clinical Lead Manager. Good relationship within the team/other nurses. Recognised the good quality of other team members.
Pros
Free lunches. Long days
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
Very busy
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  glasgow4 March 2018
Overall good. A fast pace environment where you had to efficiently undergo work and cooperate with customers under pressure. You had to be a quick learner.
ok
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 March 2018
Poor communication between management and casual staff and poor organisation upon arrival to your shift in terms of finding out where you will be working that day. You do get a break which is helpful because the job is continuously fast paced aswell as free food on your break.
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
poor hours, low wage for the stress of the job
not a great place to work
sodexo industrial cleaner /gardener (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset27 February 2018
The sites not ran very well at all to many managers that dont know their roles well id never work there again utter let down from the start id say no to them
Too long gone for a review
Accounts Manager, Sodexo Vending Services Division (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester26 February 2018
I have been away from Sodexo too long to offer a proper opinion on current working practices & it would be wrong of me to attempt to do so. They appear to still want to do good things.
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire23 February 2018
My job title is shop assistance. I really enjoy my job doing different job role, handling cash, accepting deliveries ,stock check, baking and cooking , working at tills etc. I have learned lots of thing from my job like how to deal with costumer, working as a team, maintain good working relationship with colleagues, to be honest, trustworthy and flexibility .The work place is so friendly and helpful.
Everyday is different
Bar Supervisor & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire22 February 2018
Long hours esp with functions
Management skill knowledge a must
People skills and diversity required
Other managers are always wanting to shine
clients are the best
Never been so taken for granted in my life.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex20 February 2018
Dreadful management from both the line manager and their superiors, no concern for employees or customers well being. Terrible standards of cleanliness simply because doing it things right costs money.
Pros
N/a
Cons
bad pay, unpredictable and non nonsensical shifts that get changed without any notice or warning
good for someone straight out of college
Mess steward (Current Employee) –  South West19 February 2018
This job is a good position for someone just starting there career, enjoy mixing with different people and cultures. since working here i have learnt how to silver serve
Cons
weekend working and late night functions
Dissapointing place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey18 February 2018
Used to be a great place to work but things changed lately. No matter how hard you work they wont appriciate it. The money is really low to compare to the work what you do. They will push you way over your limit until you quit.
Good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pewsey17 February 2018
Sodexo were a good employer. They provided a good working environment and the other employees were friendly and hard working. The job was very varied and enjoyable.
Worst company iv ever worked for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Wales15 February 2018
Awful to work for. Bullys. Lost all my right to work stuff. Birth certificate bank details etc. Sacked because I kept asking for updates on my lost stuff. Still waiting to hear on all my personal details being found. Worked at the site for 9 yrs happily for another company. All changed when they took over. To many bosses not enough workers
Pros
Cons
Bullys
Very nice work pleace
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford12 February 2018
Sodexo is a very good company. All of the staff is very nice, polite and frendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers where are not feeling well. I am working in the hospital.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very low payment
Good ethics and career opportunities
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Home office based12 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sodexo. It is a big business and this offers you the chance to work in some very diverse work places.
Worked with some lovely people and customers.
Pros
Package
Cons
long hours and travel
Amazing Workplace
Barista/Server/Plate waiter/Kiosk Supervisor/Bar (Current Employee) –  Hampden Park Stadium12 February 2018
A typical day consists of daily running of the business, working as part of a team. fully trained up by the company.
good working conditions and amazing colleagues. Hardest part of the job would be big game days as they are long hours and hard work, best part of the job would be getting to meet new people and other workers within the company and above
Good company with good prospects
I started as an assistant chef and when I finished (Former Employee) –  Greater London9 February 2018
Had a long career with this company and learnt many things.
I built up a good career and worked at many sites across London. I was involved in a lot of additional activities and they were a very encouraging company to work for.
very friendly staff
Part time Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 February 2018
cleaning offices, toilets, corridors etc
How to provide a good service
very friendly and understanding
very British
keeping it clean when too many people are using the same area
the staff are amazing and very friendly
Pros
very co-operative
Cons
only just took over from previous agency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K