Sodexo Employee Reviews

Job Opinion
Steward (Former Employee) –  North Sea25 September 2017
12 hours working shift with various tasks covered during work hours. Learnt many new skills and teamwork very important. Management had varying different styles as different people in the post during work period. Working in oilfields has a varied culture and every trip offered something different sometimes good sometimes indifferent. Long consecutive shifts 12 hours on 12 hours off. 2 on 2 off shifts or 3 on 3 off shifts. but the time off made the job worthwhile.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Long Work Day
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets
Enjoyment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 September 2017
A typical day at work will be signing in at my designated area then I will check to see if we have enough stock in fridges and on shelves; this can sometimes also include organising stock by expiry date. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment whilst having fun. The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it is, however this doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. The most enjoyable part of the job is again how fast paced it is it means my shift goes very quick.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only work home matches.
Good
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh22 September 2017
Friendly environment supportive management and work colleagues, great fulfilment working with the public and relatives and no two days are the same learn skills
team oriented
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  42 commandos Plymouth20 September 2017
Great company to work for spent 18 years in management with Sodexo both at the prestigious Brittania Royal Naval College where I was Services Manager looking after both hard and soft FM, moving to another unit (42 commandos Plymouth ) where I spent 5 years .
Pros
good team ethos
Cons
could be quite stressful meeting deadlines
Productive and Fun!
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 September 2017
I work match days at St James park which is exciting as there is something new every shift! Great working environment with cheerful staff and team leaders.
Pros
Food at the end of the match
Cons
Cleaning the sauce stations
n/a
Night Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London16 September 2017
you will need to be mad to work for this company as they don't know how to treat people.
managers never call back when you need them
staff stab you in the back
Pros
Cons
everything they say
Making every day a better day!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
A great and fun workplace to be part of. Individuals with a great variety of experience.
The diverse nature of the business presents with exciting opportunities to progress.
Not a very nice place to work
Mess Hand (Former Employee) –  Chepstow, Monmouthshire11 September 2017
Really didn’t like working here, the managers would pick on people and talk to everyone like something they’ve picked off of the bottom of their shoe. I’d never work there again.
Cons
Management aren’t nice
productive and fun workplace
Restaurant Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2017
great company with lots of career progression opportunities. pay well if you get into the corporate service or sport and leisure sector. great benefits and good teams
Good in certain departements, lacking in others.
Customer Service Assistant/Barista (Former Employee) –  University College London6 September 2017
Good benefits and competitive pay (i was on London living wage) with good corporate benefits.

Lack of communication in upper management and understanding of lower staff roles and what was possible within the working day.
Pros
food included, good pay.
Cons
Every day is different good and bad
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife6 September 2017
I have been in this job for 3 1/2 years a enjoy doing this job but a would enjoy dealing with animals better a think as a do so on a day to day basis in my own time
Pros
Home every nite
Cons
Lazy people
varied place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London5 September 2017
no two days are the same it a very varried company to work for as its got many differnt areas they deal with , you could work in especialy in an airport
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wages could be better
Terrible Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 September 2017
False Promises of Putting through training courses, don't show support when you go to them with issues, change rosters at last minute and don't tell or ask if your able to do the changes, I could go on but don't want to exhaust yous.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
long hours, poor benefits for staff
Sodexo
Mangager (Current Employee) –  Multi Site3 September 2017
Client driven - very reactive
Workplace culture is excellent
Hardest part of my job is not being able to say 'no' other people time pinch my time for themselves.
Enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the environment I work in.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Interesting
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Torpoint, Cornwall2 September 2017
I worked as a cleaner in a naval base (HMS Raleigh) which was interesting to say the least as know and again you would come across some of the naval staff still working on there stuff but they would still talk to you as u clean around them
Productive , fun , hard working
C.A (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside30 August 2017
Work was good . Moved around alot learning new skills , food prep , excellent customer service , food hygiene , stock rotation , food management , cooking , and till work , money handling and cashing up , paper work , stock taking , food deliveries , food stocks and ordering , salad bar management , training new staff , cosh, health n saftey and alot more
Pros
Good at getting new skills, And learning
Cons
Ok pay, Could be better
No support
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London29 August 2017
I don't enjoy the fact management does not support you and outside activities such as be a reservist in the military.
I also don't like how communications seem like a hard thing for everyone to do.
Not any fan to work for sodexo
ANONUMOUS (Former Employee) –  ANONIMOUS29 August 2017
Very very bad management not respect for any one, very very disappointed !!!! Under staff not good with your paid they use you, if your work for Sodexo for long definitely you going fill very depress the way they treat you ,not any support from any one !!!
Someone have to learn to them the word Respect what is mean .
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Work 27/7
Terrible company to work for
Site Cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire29 August 2017
Horrible working conditions, Training is laborious, Management don't have a clue what there doing,Distgusting dirty horrible job, there isn't any nice parts of this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K