Sodexo Employee Reviews

Work for them for 20 years
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
It is a fun company to work for ,there are lots of pepper work involving health and safety books & take food safety very seriously. Pay is comparable. The reason I'm not working for them right now is my old place shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
40 hours weekly
Commercial Learning Curve
General Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 January 2018
This was the start of an extremely challenging 3-4 years, from retuning to the UK in the commercial services sector; and following 24 years in the military delivering logistical services.

The beginning was great; but with the ever changing commercial challenges i quickly learnt the harsh reality of working as a contractor in the services sector
The customer was being challenged to make considerable efficiency savings and as the incumbent contractor we were challenged to deliver this but maintain standards
Pros
Learning curve!!!!
Cons
Lack of loyalty
Wouldn’t work for them again
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire25 January 2018
Not a good experience in the time I have worked for the company, not much chance to progress with in the company it’s definatly an experience working for Sodexo .
Not so great
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 January 2018
Managers have a cant be bothered attitude which reflects in most of the staff, been underpaid and not paid at all more times than I can count. Ending up being made to stay well past the proposed finish time etc
hard work,good salary
oil rig steward (Former Employee) –  offshore22 January 2018
hard work in a very difficult environment
Hardest part of the job is spending 3 weeks at a time away from home and family
Best part of the job is salary
Disappointing and bad management
FSA (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire21 January 2018
I was at first, excited about starting at Sodexo, however after starting I was immediately disappointed with the quality of employee benefits and overall care. Everyone hated each other and spoke poorly of management and one another. After a while most people turned on me and I would dread getting up in the morning to go to work. I am so glad I left and would not recommend Sodexo to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and poor pay
Great
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire18 January 2018
Fabulous to work for, before they were taken over by ESS. They got my uniform almost straight away. My manager worked fast a efficiently. I had great communications with the office staff.
it is job and nothing else
vending operative (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire18 January 2018
I found them good at first but I have had a few problems with the way they treat workers.You have to work short handed all the time they don't have the staff to cover the counters and they expect others to fill in for people who have left.
Pros
no free lunches
chef
chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 January 2018
preparing hot and cold foods for the clients breakfast, lunch and the occasional evening meal. Ordering, Stocktaking, Menu planning and Staff Training,
Each day is completely different some days can run smoothly and other days can be stressful.
the hardest part of the job is the heat of the kitchen and standing for hours without a break, however generally the job is what you make it I enjoy cooking and being creative and seeing the clients happy
I have always found the management to be friendly and supportive always striving in hiring the best people to do the job required
Pros
many
Never a dull moment
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 January 2018
Transferring potions to other wards
Taking bloods samples to the lab
Collecting equipment from the medical library
Active jobs on the move all day great team on guys to work with
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
it is a good company to work for you get paid weekly or monthly. Shifts are four on four off days and nights and a roster. hours are 12 per shift 0700-1900
Pros
Cons
travel
proactive and all round good work enviromentt
2nd chef to Head chef (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 January 2018
Sodexo were the Contract supplier of catering to Airmiles and I was asked to join the Contract and essentially troubleshoot; the working environment at the time was very forward thinking offering such things as on site crèche facilities and a gymnasium. However the menu and eating habits across 4 sites didn’t reflect this.
My role was to undertake both a revamp of the menu, but also to convince the employees that this was something positive.
I approached the role by firstly researching thoughts from the staff then undertaking a discussion programme to highlight benefits and address peoples concerns.
The change was successfully implemented and Awards were won on the Contract against an initial backdrop of heavy resistance. This was accomplished across all 4 operating units. That lead me to move around Sodexo to train other in the north west.
Pros
supportive training and always eager to help
Cons
Friendly and sociable workplace.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Each day was busy and interesting. I learned so much about incentives and rewards, as well as managing extensive admin; whilst working through workloads to achieve targets.
A very friendly and sociable workplace with many charitable events and good employee benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the appeal and versatility of our products and services.
Pros
The subject matter and the relaxed and professional culture.
Not Fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 January 2018
The people were horrible, the atmosphere was negative, the patients treated you badly. We were severely understaffed half the time. The job was incredible stressful and difficult with not enough salary to make it worth while.
Good Company Inconsistent Managers
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, Devon7 January 2018
Spent 4 years with sodexo defense. As a kitchen porter the early shift 06:30 till 14:30 was far busier than late shift of 11-1900. Some great mates made along the way. The only downside was the managers "negative attitude". Nothing was ever good enough,Everyone is lazy(Not all I assure you). No confidence in his staff. Thankfully not all were like this. All in all a great employer with plenty of opportunity for progress.
Pros
Good Hours, Regular income, Training and Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, Food Waste
Safe and Friendly Environment
Facilities Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company as was treated with much respect and was open to any job opportunity. I will always recommend the company anytime anywhere. My manager was given me all the knowledge require to carry me forward.
Pros
Holidays can be take anytime
Cons
not enough hours
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them
I enjoy working with group
Kitchen Porter and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ATR Winchester3 January 2018
am a hard working person with self initiation. I have one year experience of working as a housekeeper in Travelodge and over nine years experience as a kitchen porter in Winchester army camp. I believe in team work and enjoy working with other people. I am required to thoroughly clean the kitchen and also help in cooking when required in my current job. I am a friendly person and making friends quickly is my biggest strength.
Interesting Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth3 January 2018
The job was varied and changed day to day which was often very demanding. The Citadel is home to a lot of military personnel which could sometimes be challenging as it was a very male dominated environment
Great career with Sodexo
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire2 January 2018
Working through all types of employment from Cleaner to Director of operations. Exceptional company who care about people. Very inclusive company challenging but fair.
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K