Sodexo Employee Reviews

Fantastic workplace
Catering Assistant (shift work) (Former Employee) –  Steeton4 April 2018
For a teenager the wage is great as its £7.62 and hour, the hours are flexible and I worked alongside most people I knew, I made great friends there and enjoyed every shift, the supervisors are friendly and are kind to each staff member and go to the extremes to help out
Typical day at work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex28 March 2018
I have worked at Sodexo on Brighton matchdays for the last year. I handle customers at the bar and deal with large parties who have booked a table in the private suites and lounges who enjoy a three course meal and drinks. Management are always on top of work and ensure that we all know our roles for the day with a brief before the start of the shift. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the rush before kick off and at half time but we work well collectively to ensure we deliver a high level of customer service.
sodexo is great
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  city of london freemans school22 March 2018
sodexo is great i worked at city of london freemans school for them nothing bad to say really i loved working there made lots of friends it was sad to leave but i had to.
No fun. Work but get paid poorly in comparison
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 March 2018
Awfully low paid for what is expected. I worked as a manager and did 20% of the work that i do here and my pay is miles less than it should be. Company is clever, you think pay is average or low because not much to do but in fact its opposite!
Pros
Not much at the moment
Cons
Lots but main one is the pay is half it should be for what is expected.
Its okay
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire20 March 2018
At sodexo you work within a busy environment and you are always in your feet and bending to clean and do your daily duties. You get the meet patients and comfort then where possible.
Pros
Got to meet different people
Cons
Not always honest
Fast paced workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey19 March 2018
I have worked for Sodexo Justice Services for 10 Years. It is a very different place to work that would suit somebody young and fit. Somebody who is mentally strong and willing to commit 110% to the Job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun people
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 March 2018
Management are rather harsh on you even if you are still learning, they shout and moan at you constantly, good people to be around when you are working and fun job because it was to do with weddings so always good to see happy customers
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
A good company specialising in using Maximo asset management tools
System Deployment Admin - Contract (Former Employee) –  Home8 March 2018
A company specialising in using Maximo asset management tool.
Good structure. A weakness is reliance on home-working where sometimes this can lead to inadequate communication.
Generally good to work at. Good team. Friendly staff, nurses and officers.
Substance Misuse Nurse/Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
I worked there for 7 1/2 years. Left because of disagreement with Clinical Lead Manager. Good relationship within the team/other nurses. Recognised the good quality of other team members.
Pros
Free lunches. Long days
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
Very busy
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  glasgow4 March 2018
Overall good. A fast pace environment where you had to efficiently undergo work and cooperate with customers under pressure. You had to be a quick learner.
ok
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 March 2018
Poor communication between management and casual staff and poor organisation upon arrival to your shift in terms of finding out where you will be working that day. You do get a break which is helpful because the job is continuously fast paced aswell as free food on your break.
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
poor hours, low wage for the stress of the job
not a great place to work
sodexo industrial cleaner /gardener (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset27 February 2018
The sites not ran very well at all to many managers that dont know their roles well id never work there again utter let down from the start id say no to them
Too long gone for a review
Accounts Manager, Sodexo Vending Services Division (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester26 February 2018
I have been away from Sodexo too long to offer a proper opinion on current working practices & it would be wrong of me to attempt to do so. They appear to still want to do good things.
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire23 February 2018
My job title is shop assistance. I really enjoy my job doing different job role, handling cash, accepting deliveries ,stock check, baking and cooking , working at tills etc. I have learned lots of thing from my job like how to deal with costumer, working as a team, maintain good working relationship with colleagues, to be honest, trustworthy and flexibility .The work place is so friendly and helpful.
Everyday is different
Bar Supervisor & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire22 February 2018
Long hours esp with functions
Management skill knowledge a must
People skills and diversity required
Other managers are always wanting to shine
clients are the best
Never been so taken for granted in my life.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex20 February 2018
Dreadful management from both the line manager and their superiors, no concern for employees or customers well being. Terrible standards of cleanliness simply because doing it things right costs money.
Pros
N/a
Cons
bad pay, unpredictable and non nonsensical shifts that get changed without any notice or warning
good for someone straight out of college
Mess steward (Current Employee) –  South West19 February 2018
This job is a good position for someone just starting there career, enjoy mixing with different people and cultures. since working here i have learnt how to silver serve
Cons
weekend working and late night functions
Dissapointing place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey18 February 2018
Used to be a great place to work but things changed lately. No matter how hard you work they wont appriciate it. The money is really low to compare to the work what you do. They will push you way over your limit until you quit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K