Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 798 reviews matching the search See all 11,562 reviews
Decent pay for unskilled workers
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Sutton Bonington, Nottinghamshire19 July 2018
Sodexo gave reasonably flexible hours and a good hourly wage for unskilled and unexperienced workers however I did not enjoy working there, the atmosphere was reasonably hostile and the senior staff were quite incompetent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short Shifts
Badly managed
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wales15 July 2018
Absolute, horrendous company to work for, bad attitudes and bosses driving the work force into the ground, illness is frowned upon and overall treated as a dogs body
Pros
£3.50 meal allowance
Cons
Unpaid overtime, unsafe work place, and unfairly treated
Good working enviroment
Domestic Services Manager (Former Employee) –  York12 July 2018
Overall a great job ,high management easy to talk to, sorry we lost the contract .salary could have been better for the job role ,but liked the hours Monday to Friday which suited the family. Hard work but fun as every one worked as a team. it would have been good to have lunches at a reduced price as we worked in a catering environment,the hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to cover all the aspects of the job but still having to deliver the same high service. Free car parking !.
Pros
Flexaible
Cons
salary could have been better
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 July 2018
Sodexo is a great organisation to work for and is very flexible. Great environment to work around and the staff are all exceptional and great to be around.
I agree avoid like the plague
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  HMP Nortumberland8 July 2018
Worst thing that ever Happened to HMP Northumberland, was Sodexo, taking over the running, half the uniformed staff with twice as much work. Violence and drugs are rife, and the majority of new uniformed staff are so young, they are barely out of school.All Sodexo care about is profit,
Went from being a great place to work to one where you are always looking over your shoulder as you don’t feel safe.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
n/a
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester7 July 2018
Good place to work. Positive future prospects if you want to take on a role forward. Career development opportunities. Additionally, new learning possibilities
Good atmospher
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 July 2018
Good for flexible work, staff are really friendly as well as helpful. They train you in the perfession you want to do, so it greate for work experience or a first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Irregular work
Only left as made redundant
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow4 July 2018
A good place to work
Good salary and conditions
Good atmosphere
Only left because I was made redundant
Good job for engaging with people
Good management involvement
avoid like the plague
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  forest bank3 July 2018
no day is the same for sure, one day you could have a shift with no issues the next day it can be non stop issues from the moment you walk in with no staff and none stop incidents all over. Aswell as the jail being at breaking point and staff leaving quicker than they can be employed. if you don't mind long hours not getting payed for the time you are being forced to stay and management that don't care if you finish your shift in one piece or get put in hospital then you have found the right place. Sodexo ruining staff lives for better profit
Pros
no day is the same
Cons
politics among staff and watch your own back culture rife
Not great
patient service assistant (Former Employee) –  barnstaple3 July 2018
working with the public was great and the people who work for sodexo are great, but the management really aren't up to scratch, too horrible and will not take care of you as the
Dreadful, awful, nasty company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 June 2018
I worked there for nine and a half years and I wish I hadn't. The amount of abuse that I had to put up with from managers and colleagues alike was nothing short of jaw dropping. So a piece of advice I would give you would be this. Do not, under any circumstances work for sodexo ever. Particularly the sites in Bracknell. Stay away from anything at Cain Road. The managers there are monsters, literally. They've had 17 people leave in one year alone.
Pros
When you come to your senses and quit.
Cons
Rubbish pay, awful managers, even more dreadful area managers and just generally everything.
Shocking
Staff (Former Employee) –  Addiwell27 June 2018
Worst job I’ve ever experienced, management could do with some training ! Especially the training manager she is the most difficult person there. Wouldn’t be payed enough to go back place is full of back stabbers funny thing is there all suing each other 😂
fun work places
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead27 June 2018
Love working with the company
You are always busy as they is always stuff to do as I look after the blocks in the student accommodations
They staff make you feel welcome and you all what to get up in the mornings to go to work
Pros
Fun places to work
More snakes than in a reptile house
Pco (Former Employee) –  Addiewell12 June 2018
Management thrive on psychological bullying. Also recruit whistleblowers to watch officers or make up fictional tales. Wouldn't recommend for a career.
Pros
Free lunches, and parking
Cons
Walking in the front door.
Good if you don't want to work often
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 June 2018
Working at St James Park is always different with new customers and working environments every shift. However with football matches not on very frequently work is limited, Furthermore, start times and shift allocations are only given a few days in advance and no finish times are given, meaning you can end up working long hours with late finishes.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
No finish time
lots of opportunities for progression
General Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2018
Plenty of interaction with remote management team. Robust training, only criticism I have of the organisation is a lack of administrative support. Good renumeration and bonus packages.
Pros
good salary, holiday and training
Cons
long hours with a lot of admin
Company isn't technically minded, never will be.
multi skilled electrician/technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 June 2018
Totally inept in terms of technical knowledge and experience.

It speaks volumes when your more qualified than your manager.....that said, it's apparent this company COULD be a good company, if you separate the wheat from the chaff, then good things may happen....but for the foreseeable future, vastly punching above their weight.
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
Codesending, innept, narrow, minded, biggited.
Well run, people-oriantated company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 June 2018
I enormously enjoyed my time at Sodexo Prestige. I was a university student at the time and the flexibility of the work was crucial. I was always impressed by the quality of the management and the basic respect it has for its casual workers. Sodexo also provided me with ample opportunity to advance my experience and responsibility and makes a point to recognise and reward hard work and talent. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Considerate management, flexible hours, reward and recognition
Cons
Friendly and nice place to work
Executive Hospitality Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne3 June 2018
A typical day will be about 4 hour shifts if you are food staff, this varies but often the people with more experience and who have worked there longer building relationships with their managers got opportunities to work longer if desired.
The workload is fair, there's a big team of people to help if you need it. A lot of young staff so making new friends is easy.
Sometimes randomly moved about which can be difficult as many areas have very close friendships.
Difficult to move from areas once selected for them and different working areas have very different rules for tips.
Overall a good experience and I would recommend to people for a part time job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short hours
very fun place to work
waste opertive (Former Employee) –  Manchester, eye hosital30 May 2018
my day is collecting waste bins from hospital wards and taking them back to our waste yard were we dispose of the waste to its correct waste bins .

i learn about the different types of waste and keeping to health and safety standards.

the management were always there to help you and support you.

there were never any parts of my job that were hard.

most part of the job were meeting different people and sharing the stories and have laughs and jokes with my team mates
Pros
we had 3 breaks per shift
Cons
hours work good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K