Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 829 reviews matching the search See all 11,994 reviews
A good place to work
Cook-FSA / Weekend Manager (Current Employee) –  Leytonstone, Greater London2 November 2018
I enjoy working for this company. It is a place where plenty of opportunities is given to anyone willing to work hard; there are many ways to acquire knowledge and progress further and upwards within the company.
productive
Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen City30 October 2018
All staff are nice and enjoy working in the workplace, and I learned how to do over rings on tills and hardest part was getting use to how busy it can get but enjoy working and getting to know new people
poductive
Cover Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon30 October 2018
i lurned how to handle chemiclas and how to lookafter and store them. The most enjoyable part was knowing thet the other pepole in the biulding had a clean work area to work in.
Pros
a quite area.
Happy to work for sudexo
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear25 October 2018
never had any trouble with wages being payed in to bank , helpful recruitment staff , learned how to cash up till, lock up at night , hygiene, The hardest part of job was first couple weeks getting used to routine but after that was fine. The customers whom i got to know and enjoy serving . Also the girls whom i worked with every day. Very professional manager and facilities manager also.
Pros
Being treat as an equal
Cons
n/a
Good company to work for
Multi site Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth25 October 2018
Main responsibilities at Sodexo as a Multi Site Manager were:
Multi Activity Contract manager at unit level, responsible for providing support services to 3 military sites, looking after 41 accounts
Providing catering, cleaning, laundry, waste management, pest control, hotel, function, cafe bar, retail and vending services at RMB Stonehouse, RM Bickleigh and the Royal Citadel, Plymouth, Navy South, Defence and Government Services, UK for about 1500 military personnel across the 3 sites.
Responsible for P&L accounts, Labour management, HR
Managing 14 departments with 5 managers and 110 employees.
Working closely with the clients at different sites to ensure the highest levels of service and customer satisfaction.
Fostering long term profitable relationships with the clients and key customers on each sites, driving the current business and developing future opportunities.
Develop business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs.
Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting the company's strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values.
Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems and processes.
Ensuring 5 Star awards from EHO at all sites and all departments
ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation systems
My employee retention was 83%
Engagement rate as per the pulse survey was 52%
Sodexo's values are: Team Spirit, Service Spirit and Spirit of Progress
Poor Management
Sales & Events Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh24 October 2018
All and all the job itself was enjoyable and helped me learn a lot about managing staff and my time, as most days I would have a number of events taking place.

Management was poor and lead to a lot of workplace divides and conflicts between departments.
Pros
Being able to work at the Royal Botanic Gardens
good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London23 October 2018
I worked with them for 2 yrs as company is good but you meet few people aren't good but some nice management they are good but need still improve need more respectful
Pros
pay for break
Cons
short hours
Productive fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex23 October 2018
Productive and fun workplace
Very friendly
Very busy office
Hardest part of job dealing with staff
Enjoyable part dealing with the client some you become very fond of
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No heating in office
Productive and Fun Environment
Mess Manager (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison23 October 2018
Very much enjoyed my time working for Sodexo, Defence and Government Services. Sodexo were very passionate about delivering services to serving members of the Armed Forces.

A very positive culture for progression and personal development.

Salaries for the pay band I was was not fantastic and not as high as our counter parts in the Prestige or Corporate.
Pros
Opportunities for personal development
Cons
Potential for long hours
Bullying Management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire9 October 2018
The Management are bully's and senior staff from head office are happy to say it is classed as Bantering . You are worked like dogs for a low wage and expected to do extra hours without pay while the management and supervisor are happy to sit in the office all day mucking around .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bullying
Day to day not a bad thing
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim8 October 2018
A decent work life balance , no weekends, unless functions appear,the ability to plan outside work.A lack of input to suppliers means no bargaining clout.
Pros
coffee
Cons
some poor quality produce
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London6 October 2018
Great company nice people location is very good management is very good everyone is very helpful would recommend anyone to work here very good experience in lot of areas
Pros
Cheap drinks
Colchester
Supervisor Retail (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex28 September 2018
Worst company ever I have worked for.i worked there for 13 years was excellent at beginning but I’ve had 9 yes 9 different managers so no continuity staff turnover shocking
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Bad management
Web Developer
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 September 2018
I worked for a company called P&MM who where located in the Warwick, the company was then bought by Sodexo and the office moved to Milton Keynes. When the company was purchased the following promises where made to the staff from the Warwick office;

- We could work from home 3 days a week.
- We could have flexi time, meaning we could work any hours as long as the 7.5 hours a day was completed.
- We would have all of our expenses for travelling refunded as well as any additional funds we used when travelling. This was only for the first year after the move.
- Pay rise would be given.

For the first year after the move everything promised was given and the job was really good. BUT after a year Sodexo went back on everything they promised and removed working from home, flexi time and expenses (The expenses was the only thing due to expire after the first year.)

Sodexo hired a new IT manager which had the worst attitude and really didn't care about his team, the director was too scared/shy I guess to stand up to the manager.

This manager was the one responsible for breaking the promises made to us, he was also very aggressive and when ever the topic was brought up he refused to listen to reason.

We where given two weeks notice for the chnage in time in office, no flexibility was given.

It was either his way or we whee told to walk.

So I walked.

I don't recommend working for them at all, also I wouldn't believe anything you are told by them.

My fellow programmers where brilliant people, even know a lot of them have now left.

Stay away from Sodexo Milton
  more... Keynes  less
Pros
awesome colleagues, good benefits such as child care.
Cons
Management don't care, they lie
Ok
Staff Shop Sales & Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead19 September 2018
It was an average company to work for. Minimum wage role with not much progression. Management very settled in roles when i was working there. Not a huge amount of challenge in the role.
Fun work place
bar tender (Former Employee) –  Ascot, Berkshire6 September 2018
fantastic way of developing people skill and networking, an enjoyable atmosphere. It was my first role which involved working amongst a team, enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
free lunches
Abiente laboral
Assistante (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2018
Estable para trabajar,aprender mucho con la empresa
Scandalous job description and salary
Oil company employee (Current Employee) –  Not employed30 August 2018
I am employed on an offshore installation where Sodexho have recently aquired the catering contract. They aquire contracts by undercutting other contractors by offering reduced manning levels as an incentive to oil companies to give them contracts. Oil Companies to their own discredit know that the offered manning levels in the contract are rediculously low. The postion offered as Steward / Heliadmin and providing radio cover during helicopters were all individual job positions offshore at one point but have now been combined into 1 role.
Work for this company at your peril! Stress, burn out due long hours and addittional unplanned extra working hours are not mentioned in the job description but are a fact of life in this role. This has a huge impact on an individuals safety performance and to the safety of their colleagues / fellow workers.
The wages may apoear to be high but trust me they are disgracefully low compared with the industry average.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, Onshore management that don't llsten.
Challenging
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen FC, Pittodrie Stadium24 August 2018
Working at Sodexo gave me the experience of interacting with customers of different needs. It taught me to work under pressure and deal with complaints. I will be able to bring these acquired skills along with my work ethic, motivation and confidence, which has always been at a high level.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work not very consistant
Catering and serving (Former Employee) –  Swindon21 August 2018
Great place to work and everyone worked hard together as part of a team to ensure each shift went as smoothly as possible. Fun place to work but just and constant
Pros
Term time
Cons
Pay not excellent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K