Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 783 reviews matching the search See all 10,985 reviews
Shocking
Staff (Former Employee) –  Addiwell27 June 2018
Worst job I’ve ever experienced, management could do with some training ! Especially the training manager she is the most difficult person there. Wouldn’t be payed enough to go back place is full of back stabbers funny thing is there all suing each other 😂
fun work places
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead27 June 2018
Love working with the company
You are always busy as they is always stuff to do as I look after the blocks in the student accommodations
They staff make you feel welcome and you all what to get up in the mornings to go to work
Pros
Fun places to work
More snakes than in a reptile house
Pco (Former Employee) –  Addiewell12 June 2018
Management thrive on psychological bullying. Also recruit whistleblowers to watch officers or make up fictional tales. Wouldn't recommend for a career.
Pros
Free lunches, and parking
Cons
Walking in the front door.
Good if you don't want to work often
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 June 2018
Working at St James Park is always different with new customers and working environments every shift. However with football matches not on very frequently work is limited, Furthermore, start times and shift allocations are only given a few days in advance and no finish times are given, meaning you can end up working long hours with late finishes.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
No finish time
lots of opportunities for progression
General Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2018
Plenty of interaction with remote management team. Robust training, only criticism I have of the organisation is a lack of administrative support. Good renumeration and bonus packages.
Pros
good salary, holiday and training
Cons
long hours with a lot of admin
Company isn't technically minded, never will be.
multi skilled electrician/technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 June 2018
Totally inept in terms of technical knowledge and experience.

It speaks volumes when your more qualified than your manager.....that said, it's apparent this company COULD be a good company, if you separate the wheat from the chaff, then good things may happen....but for the foreseeable future, vastly punching above their weight.
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
Codesending, innept, narrow, minded, biggited.
Well run, people-oriantated company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 June 2018
I enormously enjoyed my time at Sodexo Prestige. I was a university student at the time and the flexibility of the work was crucial. I was always impressed by the quality of the management and the basic respect it has for its casual workers. Sodexo also provided me with ample opportunity to advance my experience and responsibility and makes a point to recognise and reward hard work and talent. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Considerate management, flexible hours, reward and recognition
Cons
Friendly and nice place to work
Executive Hospitality Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne3 June 2018
A typical day will be about 4 hour shifts if you are food staff, this varies but often the people with more experience and who have worked there longer building relationships with their managers got opportunities to work longer if desired.
The workload is fair, there's a big team of people to help if you need it. A lot of young staff so making new friends is easy.
Sometimes randomly moved about which can be difficult as many areas have very close friendships.
Difficult to move from areas once selected for them and different working areas have very different rules for tips.
Overall a good experience and I would recommend to people for a part time job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short hours
Fast-Paced
Retail & Food Service (Current Employee) –  Belfast23 May 2018
They will literally take on anyone, which is great for unqualified students like me. Minimum wage and zero hours but this was ideal for full-time students.
The Senior Management leave a lot to be desired.
PCO (Current Employee) –  Addiewell18 May 2018
The staff and Senior Officers are great and try their best on a daily basis. Staff retention is appalling and the HR department does not understand how to recruit on time and the right people. The shifts are all jumbled up with no sequence and not working time compliant - there are shifts of only 5 hours and then other shifts of 14 hrs. It is not uncommon to work 24 hrs if an escort is required due to staffing levels. There is also a strong case of "jobs for the boys" where even if you are the correct person for the role external people will be brought in, including the bosses son! Sodexo is actually a great company but unfortunately Addiewell has bad management.
Pros
staff are decent, variety of roles
Cons
poor SMT and HR department, irregular shifts, intimidating boss and son.
n/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Counties17 May 2018
operations manager - working with internal clients and staff.
responsible for the day to day running of the site and service delivery, catering, cleaning, hard services.
Not a fun to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Epsom12 May 2018
More chefs are needed in order to reduce the long hours and not having to work every other weekend
For the long hours and the job being so tedious I think the money should be more
Pros
Free lunch
Not to bad
Chef (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire5 May 2018
A day at work would consist of following paperwork and legislation. Cooking for staff and patients about 50 a day. Adhering to dietary guidelines. It has taught me a lot of nutrition.

The hardest part of the job is the workload as they don't like to hire new staff.
Pros
good work life
Cons
bad pay
productive work place
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex30 April 2018
they offer a good service and the people that work there are nice and are easy to get along with. They hold high standards as well as they ensure that the kitchen is clean.
Prodcutive job
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 April 2018
Good first time job, it gained me the skills to get into the job I am currently in now, it was fun while I was 16 years old but i wouldnt recomment anyone older.
Working for SODEXO
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  warminster25 April 2018
A good company to work for i enjoyed working for the company but want to move on uniform provide food when your entitled to it the hardest part of the job was weekends because you did not no how many you where catering for but it was fun
It s a nice place with nice people .
Bar Staff and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Green Park Station19 April 2018
it's a nice job I like what I do. I have a very good, ambitious team and we want each one to grow more.At the moment I want to develop and learn as much as possible. That's why I'm looking for a job in addition to this because I want to meet new people to learn and expand my knowledge.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
I don t have cons
horrific experience
Porter (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent18 April 2018
horrific experience working for this company, incompetent management, the amount of training required lasted 5 mins for a manual handling intensive job, there is no duty of care to staff only to investors.
Good team spirit
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey9 April 2018
I worked at Sodexo Motivation Solutions in Frimley, however I had also worked for them before I went to Cyprus for 3 years (husband was in the Military) and when we were posted back to Hampshire I contacted my previous Manager and was offered a new contract.
Pros
Bonus for not taking time off sick paid quarterly
great company
CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Sussex9 April 2018
great company to work for, really well run and an enjoyable environment. would work here again in a flash...........................................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K