Sodexo Employee Reviews

proactive and all round good work enviromentt
2nd chef to Head chef (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 January 2018
Sodexo were the Contract supplier of catering to Airmiles and I was asked to join the Contract and essentially troubleshoot; the working environment at the time was very forward thinking offering such things as on site crèche facilities and a gymnasium. However the menu and eating habits across 4 sites didn’t reflect this.
My role was to undertake both a revamp of the menu, but also to convince the employees that this was something positive.
I approached the role by firstly researching thoughts from the staff then undertaking a discussion programme to highlight benefits and address peoples concerns.
The change was successfully implemented and Awards were won on the Contract against an initial backdrop of heavy resistance. This was accomplished across all 4 operating units. That lead me to move around Sodexo to train other in the north west.
Pros
supportive training and always eager to help
Cons
Friendly and sociable workplace.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Each day was busy and interesting. I learned so much about incentives and rewards, as well as managing extensive admin; whilst working through workloads to achieve targets.
A very friendly and sociable workplace with many charitable events and good employee benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the appeal and versatility of our products and services.
Pros
The subject matter and the relaxed and professional culture.
Not Fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 January 2018
The people were horrible, the atmosphere was negative, the patients treated you badly. We were severely understaffed half the time. The job was incredible stressful and difficult with not enough salary to make it worth while.
Good Company Inconsistent Managers
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, Devon7 January 2018
Spent 4 years with sodexo defense. As a kitchen porter the early shift 06:30 till 14:30 was far busier than late shift of 11-1900. Some great mates made along the way. The only downside was the managers "negative attitude". Nothing was ever good enough,Everyone is lazy(Not all I assure you). No confidence in his staff. Thankfully not all were like this. All in all a great employer with plenty of opportunity for progress.
Pros
Good Hours, Regular income, Training and Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, Food Waste
Safe and Friendly Environment
Facilities Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company as was treated with much respect and was open to any job opportunity. I will always recommend the company anytime anywhere. My manager was given me all the knowledge require to carry me forward.
Pros
Holidays can be take anytime
Cons
not enough hours
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them
I enjoy working with group
Kitchen Porter and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ATR Winchester3 January 2018
am a hard working person with self initiation. I have one year experience of working as a housekeeper in Travelodge and over nine years experience as a kitchen porter in Winchester army camp. I believe in team work and enjoy working with other people. I am required to thoroughly clean the kitchen and also help in cooking when required in my current job. I am a friendly person and making friends quickly is my biggest strength.
Interesting Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth3 January 2018
The job was varied and changed day to day which was often very demanding. The Citadel is home to a lot of military personnel which could sometimes be challenging as it was a very male dominated environment
Great career with Sodexo
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire2 January 2018
Working through all types of employment from Cleaner to Director of operations. Exceptional company who care about people. Very inclusive company challenging but fair.
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
work life balance
stuff and things
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire2 January 2018
dont really want to put anything down.
a typical day at work.
what you learned.
management.
workplace culture.
the hardest part of the job.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Corrupt
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berkshire17 December 2017
Is a totally bad place to work...Management are so bad. Treated like nothing, just exist and turn up as you are just a body.
Not rewarded for your hard work or loyalty.
Whispers and nasty comments, turn everyone against everyone else.... and if you apply for another job within Sodexo you get ignored....
The worst job I’ve ever had.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management
Loved working for Sodexo
Cleaner (full-time) (Former Employee) –  North Killingholme8 December 2017
Enjoyed coming into work, i've learned how to use buffers etc Great company to work for i really enjoyed day to day tasks, management are great. The hardest part was cleaning really dirty toilets but i always got on and never moaned. My main enjoyable times was spending time with other collages and managers.
Good Flexi Shifts
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Flexi Shift if applicable to the role provides a good work-life balance. Big company so free lunches at canteen if required and a structured PDR review in 1-1s.
Catering assistant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 December 2017
I worked at Sodexo in Colchester I was treated really badly by some members of staff and couldn't believe how much we has to do. One person had to do three jobs at once we were always up and down. I had to leave in the end due to ill health as I wasaid working long hours everyday. Their security was amazing due to thexpire workplace being in the army estate and most of the team leaderstwhile were helpful and wanted to help you when needed
Pros
Good pay
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Derry23 November 2017
I currently have a part time job at sodexo as a cleaning operative. My day to day tasks involve cleaning offices and toilets and making sure Seagate Building is up to high standards at all times. The most enjoyable thing about my job is my team workers.
Pros
Free access to gym
Cons
Not enough hours
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piccadilly Circus Station22 November 2017
Great company that offers a lots of benefits. Unfortunately some sites luck good management. Hard to work with narrow minded managers that use you to fulfil their career goals
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Poor management
Very good first job!!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 November 2017
Started working here at 16 years old just after my GCSEs, still working here 3 years/seasons later. The staff and people you meet are all so easy to get on with and are very flexible and reliable with shifts.
It is very easy to pick up as they make training very hands on in order for you to be able to get going from your first shift!
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, very good pay, amazing staff, tips!!
Cons
can have long shifts
Was once a good job.
Chef Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bickleigh, Devon18 November 2017
Used to be a fantastic job, but alas with umpteen cut backs, management changes the over moral has gone down the pan.
Sadly the bottom line is all they care about.
There is never enough staff to be able to give our customers the quality of service they should expect.
I take pride in my work and service, but I have to cut corners.
The team I work with are fantastic, but they all feel deflated.
The location is amazing and working with our military is very rewarding and I feel proud that I have been there to support them through their development.
Pros
Good holiday time with length of service. as with sick pay. sodexo discounts
Cons
Uncertainty with lack of staff, stress, impossible managers
Horrible place to work
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 November 2017
Underpaid and over worked.
The Sheffield Probation office is very depressing. Staff going off sick every other day coming to work in tears.
Management offer no support and speak to you like you are something they stepped in.
Caseloads are unmanageable.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Long hours, massive caseloads, bad management
contract catering
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Luton2 November 2017
i was a manager for 3 years working for sodexo.
lone working so hard at times but the client i worked for was very good to work for, the job was ended as the company closed down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K