Sodexo Pay & Benefits reviews

Working for SODEXO
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  warminster25 April 2018
A good company to work for i enjoyed working for the company but want to move on uniform provide food when your entitled to it the hardest part of the job was weekends because you did not no how many you where catering for but it was fun
No fun. Work but get paid poorly in comparison
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 March 2018
Awfully low paid for what is expected. I worked as a manager and did 20% of the work that i do here and my pay is miles less than it should be. Company is clever, you think pay is average or low because not much to do but in fact its opposite!
Pros
Not much at the moment
Cons
Lots but main one is the pay is half it should be for what is expected.
Fast paced workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey19 March 2018
I have worked for Sodexo Justice Services for 10 Years. It is a very different place to work that would suit somebody young and fit. Somebody who is mentally strong and willing to commit 110% to the Job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun people
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 March 2018
Management are rather harsh on you even if you are still learning, they shout and moan at you constantly, good people to be around when you are working and fun job because it was to do with weddings so always good to see happy customers
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Generally good to work at. Good team. Friendly staff, nurses and officers.
Substance Misuse Nurse/Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
I worked there for 7 1/2 years. Left because of disagreement with Clinical Lead Manager. Good relationship within the team/other nurses. Recognised the good quality of other team members.
Pros
Free lunches. Long days
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
ok
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 March 2018
Poor communication between management and casual staff and poor organisation upon arrival to your shift in terms of finding out where you will be working that day. You do get a break which is helpful because the job is continuously fast paced aswell as free food on your break.
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
poor hours, low wage for the stress of the job
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
Staff development ( Investors in people ) good
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington College1 February 2018
Preparing for Healthy & Safety Audits the final day left work at midnight without finishing final touches. print and make up 52 ssw/ risk assessment and coshh folders.

Learnt to cope working under extreme pressure and produce desired stanadards that moved the company forward from the previous year 82% to 92% a good 10% improvement.
Pros
yes free meals
Cons
definitely long and unsocial hours
Encouraging working environment
Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield27 January 2018
A very team orientated company.
As a former employee was always supported in areas that may need other members then just myself.
The company offer many benefits and schemes which can be to your advantage! Multiple discounts with countless companies which you are also rewarded with points that you can transfer into money. I received £90 just for buying an object referred by Sodexo.
Sodexo is not just a simple company they have a range of careers, you also receive support through the company if you want to transfer into another career within the company.
Management were not afraid to have criticism so they can improve on themselves. No company is perfect but I have to say they do try to look after their staff. I would happily find a career with Sodexo again if given the chance.
Pros
Point schemes that transfer to money, opportunities to progress, weekly events within the company, employee reward scheme
Cons
Long hours, may be required to travel distances in short notice.
Work for them for 20 years
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
It is a fun company to work for ,there are lots of pepper work involving health and safety books & take food safety very seriously. Pay is comparable. The reason I'm not working for them right now is my old place shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
40 hours weekly
hard work,good salary
oil rig steward (Former Employee) –  offshore22 January 2018
hard work in a very difficult environment
Hardest part of the job is spending 3 weeks at a time away from home and family
Best part of the job is salary
Disappointing and bad management
FSA (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire21 January 2018
I was at first, excited about starting at Sodexo, however after starting I was immediately disappointed with the quality of employee benefits and overall care. Everyone hated each other and spoke poorly of management and one another. After a while most people turned on me and I would dread getting up in the morning to go to work. I am so glad I left and would not recommend Sodexo to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and poor pay
it is job and nothing else
vending operative (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire18 January 2018
I found them good at first but I have had a few problems with the way they treat workers.You have to work short handed all the time they don't have the staff to cover the counters and they expect others to fill in for people who have left.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
it is a good company to work for you get paid weekly or monthly. Shifts are four on four off days and nights and a roster. hours are 12 per shift 0700-1900
Pros
Cons
travel
proactive and all round good work enviromentt
2nd chef to Head chef (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 January 2018
Sodexo were the Contract supplier of catering to Airmiles and I was asked to join the Contract and essentially troubleshoot; the working environment at the time was very forward thinking offering such things as on site crèche facilities and a gymnasium. However the menu and eating habits across 4 sites didn’t reflect this.
My role was to undertake both a revamp of the menu, but also to convince the employees that this was something positive.
I approached the role by firstly researching thoughts from the staff then undertaking a discussion programme to highlight benefits and address peoples concerns.
The change was successfully implemented and Awards were won on the Contract against an initial backdrop of heavy resistance. This was accomplished across all 4 operating units. That lead me to move around Sodexo to train other in the north west.
Pros
supportive training and always eager to help
Cons
Friendly and sociable workplace.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Each day was busy and interesting. I learned so much about incentives and rewards, as well as managing extensive admin; whilst working through workloads to achieve targets.
A very friendly and sociable workplace with many charitable events and good employee benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the appeal and versatility of our products and services.
Pros
The subject matter and the relaxed and professional culture.
Not Fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 January 2018
The people were horrible, the atmosphere was negative, the patients treated you badly. We were severely understaffed half the time. The job was incredible stressful and difficult with not enough salary to make it worth while.
Good Company Inconsistent Managers
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, Devon7 January 2018
Spent 4 years with sodexo defense. As a kitchen porter the early shift 06:30 till 14:30 was far busier than late shift of 11-1900. Some great mates made along the way. The only downside was the managers "negative attitude". Nothing was ever good enough,Everyone is lazy(Not all I assure you). No confidence in his staff. Thankfully not all were like this. All in all a great employer with plenty of opportunity for progress.
Pros
Good Hours, Regular income, Training and Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, Food Waste
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K