Sodexo Pay & Benefits reviews

Staff development ( Investors in people ) good
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington College1 February 2018
Preparing for Healthy & Safety Audits the final day left work at midnight without finishing final touches. print and make up 52 ssw/ risk assessment and coshh folders.

Learnt to cope working under extreme pressure and produce desired stanadards that moved the company forward from the previous year 82% to 92% a good 10% improvement.
Pros
yes free meals
Cons
definitely long and unsocial hours
Very poor management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire30 January 2018
My experence with this company was good at first but soon realised the amount expected to do was so unrealistic and no help or support from supervisers or managers. Also i was pushed out of the door for having a mental health condition!!
Work for them for 20 years
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
It is a fun company to work for ,there are lots of pepper work involving health and safety books & take food safety very seriously. Pay is comparable. The reason I'm not working for them right now is my old place shut down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
40 hours weekly
hard work,good salary
oil rig steward (Former Employee) –  offshore22 January 2018
hard work in a very difficult environment
Hardest part of the job is spending 3 weeks at a time away from home and family
Best part of the job is salary
Disappointing and bad management
FSA (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire21 January 2018
I was at first, excited about starting at Sodexo, however after starting I was immediately disappointed with the quality of employee benefits and overall care. Everyone hated each other and spoke poorly of management and one another. After a while most people turned on me and I would dread getting up in the morning to go to work. I am so glad I left and would not recommend Sodexo to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and poor pay
it is job and nothing else
vending operative (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire18 January 2018
I found them good at first but I have had a few problems with the way they treat workers.You have to work short handed all the time they don't have the staff to cover the counters and they expect others to fill in for people who have left.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
it is a good company to work for you get paid weekly or monthly. Shifts are four on four off days and nights and a roster. hours are 12 per shift 0700-1900
Pros
Cons
travel
proactive and all round good work enviromentt
2nd chef to Head chef (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 January 2018
Sodexo were the Contract supplier of catering to Airmiles and I was asked to join the Contract and essentially troubleshoot; the working environment at the time was very forward thinking offering such things as on site crèche facilities and a gymnasium. However the menu and eating habits across 4 sites didn’t reflect this.
My role was to undertake both a revamp of the menu, but also to convince the employees that this was something positive.
I approached the role by firstly researching thoughts from the staff then undertaking a discussion programme to highlight benefits and address peoples concerns.
The change was successfully implemented and Awards were won on the Contract against an initial backdrop of heavy resistance. This was accomplished across all 4 operating units. That lead me to move around Sodexo to train other in the north west.
Pros
supportive training and always eager to help
Cons
Friendly and sociable workplace.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Each day was busy and interesting. I learned so much about incentives and rewards, as well as managing extensive admin; whilst working through workloads to achieve targets.
A very friendly and sociable workplace with many charitable events and good employee benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the appeal and versatility of our products and services.
Pros
The subject matter and the relaxed and professional culture.
Not Fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 January 2018
The people were horrible, the atmosphere was negative, the patients treated you badly. We were severely understaffed half the time. The job was incredible stressful and difficult with not enough salary to make it worth while.
Good Company Inconsistent Managers
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, Devon7 January 2018
Spent 4 years with sodexo defense. As a kitchen porter the early shift 06:30 till 14:30 was far busier than late shift of 11-1900. Some great mates made along the way. The only downside was the managers "negative attitude". Nothing was ever good enough,Everyone is lazy(Not all I assure you). No confidence in his staff. Thankfully not all were like this. All in all a great employer with plenty of opportunity for progress.
Pros
Good Hours, Regular income, Training and Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, Food Waste
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them
Good Flexi Shifts
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Flexi Shift if applicable to the role provides a good work-life balance. Big company so free lunches at canteen if required and a structured PDR review in 1-1s.
Catering assistant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 December 2017
I worked at Sodexo in Colchester I was treated really badly by some members of staff and couldn't believe how much we has to do. One person had to do three jobs at once we were always up and down. I had to leave in the end due to ill health as I wasaid working long hours everyday. Their security was amazing due to thexpire workplace being in the army estate and most of the team leaderstwhile were helpful and wanted to help you when needed
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Piccadilly Circus Station22 November 2017
Great company that offers a lots of benefits. Unfortunately some sites luck good management. Hard to work with narrow minded managers that use you to fulfil their career goals
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Poor management
Very good first job!!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 November 2017
Started working here at 16 years old just after my GCSEs, still working here 3 years/seasons later. The staff and people you meet are all so easy to get on with and are very flexible and reliable with shifts.
It is very easy to pick up as they make training very hands on in order for you to be able to get going from your first shift!
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, very good pay, amazing staff, tips!!
Cons
can have long shifts
its a ok company to work for
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirkby1 November 2017
its an ok company to work for, but sometimes dont have a clue what they are doing at times, managment seem to have favourites regarding staff, moral between staff is low
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad managment
good company
Food Service Assistant Kitchen Porter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
Good Company to work for provide certificates to advance in the company friendly helpful company and good benefits I have worked for sodexo for Seven years and Found Them to be a beneficial company to work for
Pros
advanced carrer
Cons
hours limited
Not Bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk11 October 2017
not a bad place to work most people are friendly especially my staff but then their are some downfalls. strange hours will do it. but like I said free lunches and that not bad is suppose.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Strange hours
great job
Chef (Former Employee) –  bardges in shetland11 October 2017
sodexo is a very good company to work for. managers excel in employees. rate of pay is very good. free food and had wifi and 32 inch tv in my room. was a great life style and the team was always helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K