Sodexo Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 186 reviews matching the search See all 11,709 reviews
good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London23 October 2018
I worked with them for 2 yrs as company is good but you meet few people aren't good but some nice management they are good but need still improve need more respectful
Pros
pay for break
Cons
short hours
Bullying Management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire9 October 2018
The Management are bully's and senior staff from head office are happy to say it is classed as Bantering . You are worked like dogs for a low wage and expected to do extra hours without pay while the management and supervisor are happy to sit in the office all day mucking around .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bullying
Web Developer
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 September 2018
I worked for a company called P&MM who where located in the Warwick, the company was then bought by Sodexo and the office moved to Milton Keynes. When the company was purchased the following promises where made to the staff from the Warwick office;

- We could work from home 3 days a week.
- We could have flexi time, meaning we could work any hours as long as the 7.5 hours a day was completed.
- We would have all of our expenses for travelling refunded as well as any additional funds we used when travelling. This was only for the first year after the move.
- Pay rise would be given.

For the first year after the move everything promised was given and the job was really good. BUT after a year Sodexo went back on everything they promised and removed working from home, flexi time and expenses (The expenses was the only thing due to expire after the first year.)

Sodexo hired a new IT manager which had the worst attitude and really didn't care about his team, the director was too scared/shy I guess to stand up to the manager.

This manager was the one responsible for breaking the promises made to us, he was also very aggressive and when ever the topic was brought up he refused to listen to reason.

We where given two weeks notice for the chnage in time in office, no flexibility was given.

It was either his way or we whee told to walk.

So I walked.

I don't recommend working for them at all, also I wouldn't believe anything you are told by them.

My fellow programmers where brilliant people, even know a lot of them have now left.

Stay away from Sodexo Milton
  more... Keynes  less
Pros
awesome colleagues, good benefits such as child care.
Cons
Management don't care, they lie
Ok
Staff Shop Sales & Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead19 September 2018
It was an average company to work for. Minimum wage role with not much progression. Management very settled in roles when i was working there. Not a huge amount of challenge in the role.
Good company
General Manager Toyota GB (Former Employee) –  Epsom7 August 2018
Good company to work for, great pay rates and benefits only down side is that Sodexo clients call the shots as Sodexo can only see the £ signs.

Profit above people is not the best business model but it works for Sodexo.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and driven by profit
varied but stressfull
Operational Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough31 July 2018
Long hours, constantly short staffed. The role was varied with training given to cover all aspects of the job. Very little backing from management, guilty until proven innocent.
Pros
Uniform provided, free parking, meals on duty plus other company benefits
Cons
long hours, no backing, stressfull
Decent pay for unskilled workers
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Sutton Bonington, Nottinghamshire19 July 2018
Sodexo gave reasonably flexible hours and a good hourly wage for unskilled and unexperienced workers however I did not enjoy working there, the atmosphere was reasonably hostile and the senior staff were quite incompetent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short Shifts
Good working enviroment
Domestic Services Manager (Former Employee) –  York12 July 2018
Overall a great job ,high management easy to talk to, sorry we lost the contract .salary could have been better for the job role ,but liked the hours Monday to Friday which suited the family. Hard work but fun as every one worked as a team. it would have been good to have lunches at a reduced price as we worked in a catering environment,the hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to cover all the aspects of the job but still having to deliver the same high service. Free car parking !.
Pros
Flexaible
Cons
salary could have been better
Good atmospher
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 July 2018
Good for flexible work, staff are really friendly as well as helpful. They train you in the perfession you want to do, so it greate for work experience or a first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Irregular work
Only left as made redundant
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow4 July 2018
A good place to work
Good salary and conditions
Good atmosphere
Only left because I was made redundant
Good job for engaging with people
Good management involvement
lots of opportunities for progression
General Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London6 June 2018
Plenty of interaction with remote management team. Robust training, only criticism I have of the organisation is a lack of administrative support. Good renumeration and bonus packages.
Pros
good salary, holiday and training
Cons
long hours with a lot of admin
Fast-Paced
Retail & Food Service (Current Employee) –  Belfast23 May 2018
They will literally take on anyone, which is great for unqualified students like me. Minimum wage and zero hours but this was ideal for full-time students.
Not a fun to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Epsom12 May 2018
More chefs are needed in order to reduce the long hours and not having to work every other weekend
For the long hours and the job being so tedious I think the money should be more
Pros
Free lunch
Working for SODEXO
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  warminster25 April 2018
A good company to work for i enjoyed working for the company but want to move on uniform provide food when your entitled to it the hardest part of the job was weekends because you did not no how many you where catering for but it was fun
No fun. Work but get paid poorly in comparison
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 March 2018
Awfully low paid for what is expected. I worked as a manager and did 20% of the work that i do here and my pay is miles less than it should be. Company is clever, you think pay is average or low because not much to do but in fact its opposite!
Pros
Not much at the moment
Cons
Lots but main one is the pay is half it should be for what is expected.
Fast paced workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey19 March 2018
I have worked for Sodexo Justice Services for 10 Years. It is a very different place to work that would suit somebody young and fit. Somebody who is mentally strong and willing to commit 110% to the Job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun people
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 March 2018
Management are rather harsh on you even if you are still learning, they shout and moan at you constantly, good people to be around when you are working and fun job because it was to do with weddings so always good to see happy customers
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Generally good to work at. Good team. Friendly staff, nurses and officers.
Substance Misuse Nurse/Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
I worked there for 7 1/2 years. Left because of disagreement with Clinical Lead Manager. Good relationship within the team/other nurses. Recognised the good quality of other team members.
Pros
Free lunches. Long days
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
ok
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Belfast2 March 2018
Poor communication between management and casual staff and poor organisation upon arrival to your shift in terms of finding out where you will be working that day. You do get a break which is helpful because the job is continuously fast paced aswell as free food on your break.
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
poor hours, low wage for the stress of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K