Sodexo Employee Reviews for Porter

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 11,702 reviews
Enjoyable place to work
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Bircham Newton7 November 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the finished kitchen at the end of the day, cleaned and at a high standard.
Meeting new people and working with a friendly team.
horrific experience
Porter (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent18 April 2018
horrific experience working for this company, incompetent management, the amount of training required lasted 5 mins for a manual handling intensive job, there is no duty of care to staff only to investors.
Never a dull moment
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 January 2018
Transferring potions to other wards
Taking bloods samples to the lab
Collecting equipment from the medical library
Active jobs on the move all day great team on guys to work with
Good Company Inconsistent Managers
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, Devon7 January 2018
Spent 4 years with sodexo defense. As a kitchen porter the early shift 06:30 till 14:30 was far busier than late shift of 11-1900. Some great mates made along the way. The only downside was the managers "negative attitude". Nothing was ever good enough,Everyone is lazy(Not all I assure you). No confidence in his staff. Thankfully not all were like this. All in all a great employer with plenty of opportunity for progress.
Pros
Good Hours, Regular income, Training and Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management, Food Waste
I enjoy working with group
Kitchen Porter and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ATR Winchester3 January 2018
am a hard working person with self initiation. I have one year experience of working as a housekeeper in Travelodge and over nine years experience as a kitchen porter in Winchester army camp. I believe in team work and enjoy working with other people. I am required to thoroughly clean the kitchen and also help in cooking when required in my current job. I am a friendly person and making friends quickly is my biggest strength.
Productive workplace
Front of House Porter (Former Employee) –  Dishforth1 August 2017
Worked on an Army Camp, some mornings were very early but once in work there was always something to do. Manning till and being in the cafe was fun but washing dishes wasn't so much. The management team were very helpful and taught me everything correctly and were very understanding and patient. Hardest part of the job was definitely having to everything so quickly, the chefs are very time punctual. Most enjoyable part was meal times, serving all of the soldiers.
Pros
Free snacks and hot drinks from cafe
Cons
Early mornings (6:30am)
Loved the Job
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Romford, UK20 May 2017
As long as you can handle the hard stuff such as dead bodies and blood then this is a fun job

90% of the jobs are easy and you get enough time to do them without massive pressure

If if wasn't minimum wage I would still be working there

People are great but expect an argument or 2, and of course watch out for the backstabbers - they are in the managers ears and people can get fired from hearsay

GOOD LUCK!

(ps dont steal the biscuits lol)
Pros
Left alone to do your job
Cons
Couple of bad eggs
Terrible
Catering porter (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London10 April 2017
The management never listen to your problems
When being spoken to no use of respect
Never understanding when you have problems
There was no fixed staff when needing help, also when i work extra hours for people‚Äč that don't turn up was never thanked, and was always pin pointed on mistakes and told off for them instead of being approached and inquired about them.
Pros
Free tea+coffee
Cons
No free lunch long hours
Productive place, great atmosphere and people
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Stirling University, Stirling5 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of preparing the kitchen for breakfast, cleaning up during and after the breakfast. Then the preparation for lunch begin and cleaning and finally the dinner. Between those times, the kitchen would be cleaned, ingredients prepared, have lunch yourself and helping the cooks if needed. During that experience I gained skills such as teamwork, working fast and efficiently, time management, communication and determination. The culture in the workplace had diversity and little discrimination which was dealt with. The hardest part of the job was working on cleaning alone when at least two people were meant to. It was hard keeping up and cooks sometimes had to step in and help out. The most enjoyable part was getting the job done which gave satisfaction. Also, meeting new people and interacting with them.
Reliable
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Larkhill1 October 2016
Good company with people from different backgrounds to work with
They are also reliable and always able to assist the workers
Pros
Free lunch with flexible hours
Cons
Long hour's sometimes
Good
Porter (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith15 September 2016
challenging job with good environment and healthy people.
early starts with independent work, learning how to manage time for jobs using a radio co-operating with a supervisor on current jobs and situations. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to use your time well with every job delegated to you which allows you to focus well in your own time.
Pros
independant work
Cons
shift pattern
fun workplace
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  York20 April 2016
a typical day at sodexo was to meet the armed forces catering requirements on a daily basis. I learned all about COSHH and how to use different cleaning equipment such as buffer machines. the management ran the place pretty smoothly considering the feeding plan would change constantly throughout the day. my co-workers were really friendly and made the job what it is. the most enjoyable part of the job was working within a fantastic team and delivering a excellent service to serving armed forces men and women.
Pros
free lunches and reward scheme
Cons
zero hour contract
a busy kitchen atmostphere
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Colchester5 November 2015
I was a valued member of a close and a efficient team didn't get on with the managers as they were not appreciative of the work and the hours we all did
good fun in the kitchen
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  potwash17 July 2015
good fun in the kitchen only all the chef,s are a pleasure to work with but the front of house was a bit desperate I would also like to possibly take up cooking as I quite enjoy it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never enough time to do it properly
good place to work
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  larkhill2 June 2015
working as a kitchen porter can be very rewarding and push you to goals that you have achieved,everyone works as a team .a typical day at work consists of cleaning and even more cleaning.
Enjoyable work place
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Ashtead, ENG20 May 2015
A typical day at work would include washing up of all crockery pots and pans. Preparing kitchen area for lunch time period. Cleaning kitchen after the lunch time period.
I learned how to work under pressure with my team and I also learned how to train new members of staff. My co workers were friendly and helpful as were all managers and supervisors. They were friendly and easy to get on with. Hardest part of the job was working when short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to help the school during the lunch time period.
Pros
Having a secure job
Cons
The pay was very low
difficult to work for
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  sutton bonington19 March 2015
I shouldn't have gone back to work for this company as I have previously worked for them before.
whilst most staff there are an absolute pleasure to work with I found the Management not a pleasure to work with.
There is no Consistency and from this you never know where you stand.
Fun place
Hospital Porter - Hammersmith Hospital (Current Employee) –  London, ENG8 March 2015
helping sick people taking care of those who are les unfortunate.
I always try to chat with the Patient to make them happy
Very safety place to work in.
Kitchen porter/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatwick, ENG7 March 2015
I normally started my job at 10.00 in the mornig until 19.00 in the evening and my responsabilities were to mantain the three main kitchens clean and tidy.
Pros
very nice work place
Cons
long shifts.
patient transportation within a busy hospital enviorment
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT28 February 2015
typical day involved transporting patients to the various departments within the hospital
working shifts on a rota basis working 37.5 hours per
week 5 days out of seven

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K