• General kitchen duties, for example, preparation of food, serving food, cleaning of surfaces, attending the tills, sweeping, mopping, topping/restocking, aiding staff & chefs wherever possible.
• Different job roles I have undertook i.e. working on the deli, pan wash, pot wash, food service, shop assistance etc.
• Personal flexibility through helping out the cleaning department when they have an absent team member, or taking on other job roles such as vending.
• Responsibility was also left to me in regards of using the tills, which involved checking the float, serving hundreds of customers, and counting/documenting all money intakes.
• I was personally responsible for dealing with drink dispensing machines and confectionery machines, among responsible for dealing with the money & paperwork from these machines.
• The management at Sodexo were very helpful if there were any issues which occurred and they did a great job at keeping the staff working efficiently as a team.
• My team members were very friendly and helpful which made it a great environment, however, communication is important in a kitchen, so at times conversations had to be kept short but direct.
• Kitchen work is very intense, in which you need to be able to divert from task to task, being aware of your situation and surroundings, I would say this was the most difficult for myself as it brought about the most stress.
• My favorite part about working in this kitchen, was the nice environment, friendly staff, friendly customers, and the skills I have picked up from this job.
Free lunch, good team members
Stressful & exhausting work at times