Sodexo Employee Reviews for Food Service Associate

verygood
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2017
• Assisting customers by anticipating and meeting their needs
• Organizing and prioritising tasks according to weekly target
• Balancing the accounts and cash transactions daily
• Ensuring working environment is clean and tidy ready to receive customers
• Managing weekly deliveries, price changes, and promotional sales
Good company
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire29 January 2017
Sodexo is a good company to work for and iv not had any problems working for them, I get to work alongside top chefs as well as my own manager who is an excellent chef
Pros
Term time
Cons
No cons
Prdoctive working place
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 December 2016
Everyday working for Sodexo was the same. Serving breakfast and lunch to college students and staff. During my time working for sodexo i learned how to treat people with more respect unlike my manager did to me. The manager i had was cheeky not helpful at all not every nice to customers either. My co-workers were great i got on well with them all. the hardest part of the job was having to face my boss everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job was having a laugh and bit of fun with my teammates and meeting new people.
Fun workplace
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh29 November 2016
I enjoy working at Sodexo Scottish Government, because there are very nice and friendly customers, funny colleagues to work with and very nice manager. I love doing my work in the kitchen by making and packing sandwiches, fruit salads and yoghurt pots and labelling them all.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
suitable hours
great environment
Barista / Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 November 2016
i worked for this company for 3 years and loved every minute of it.
the management and staff are great along with the customers.
hours are perfect and the wage isn't too bad!
Pros
free lunch
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liphook24 August 2016
Sodexo is a lovely company to work for if you are willing to put in the hours.
They are a very friendly and fair company as they are willing to work around each individual members of their teams.
Pros
term time contract so i get to spend time with my daughter
Gained an NVQ in Business Improvement Techniques
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford30 June 2016
Making sure prices and dishes were set up on the tills correctly.
Training staff on epos tills and how to cash up and float the tills.
Training within a group on health and safety matters and food safety, also train staff on chemicals and new equipment with the building.
Sorting out the rota's.
Reporting any accidents within the building.
Fire training.
Making sure all files were up to date and checking stock.

Enjoyable job but can be very demanding at times especially when their is quite a few staff to take care of.
Pros
On the spot awards and sodexo do a discount card on most retail shops and hotels.
Cons
shifts work.
Professional and Pleasant place to work
Food Services Assistant and Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  BAE Barrow in Furness22 April 2016
My typical duties involve food preparation, service, and cleaning duties within Sodexo. I always work productively, hygienically and safely.Whilst adhering to all Health and Safety, food safety regulations,company policies and legislation.My place of work has a very effective management team and I am lucky to have a great team of colleagues to work alongside me. The most frustrating part of the job probably relates to a current lack of opportunity for personal career advancement this is mainly due to low staff turn over at this present time. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing a safe and high standard of service to the staff and visitors within and to B.A.E it's exciting to be part of such a dynamic company and indeed industry.
Pros
great team
Cons
Just above minimum wage per hour, and a current limited opportunity for overtime and promotion.A great company though non the lek for.
Nice Environment
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham9 February 2016
Quality services with very nice co-workers who convert a very hard job into a easy and funny day.

I have learned to work within a team, to know where are my mates or what are they doing to with my help complete the task and provide a quality services
Pros
Environment
horrible
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston4 February 2016
I worked for Sodexo, for many years. I loved it the first few years, i was there for around 10 years and we had 3 new site managers, neither of them wanted to get to know the staff and that they actually had a good loyal team. my last few years were horrible the amount of staff that left and nobody cared. It was like the family atmosphere had definitely gone, nobody seemed to care it was all about making money, no matter how many members of staff had to loose out it would all get sorted next month.... Them words no not pay the bills.
the amount of casual staff that were being employed was ridiculous because no one after there 3 months seemed to get a contract. Loyalty seemed to get you know where. It slowly over the years made me feel as though I had sold my sole. My co-workers at first became my family but as things do change just within life and most of the loyal ones had left, it felt like some would stab you in the back, people weren't getting their entitlements and i literally couldn't take it any longer.
Pros
the customers and a small amount of staff.
Cons
nearly everything

Want to know more about Sodexo?

Ask a question
Main galley mongs
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lympstone, ENG13 October 2015
If your happy to work for **** money and to do the work of 3 people then this is the place for you. Trust me through you don't want to get involved with Sodexo it's the worst thing I ever done and I wish I listened to a friend who told me to stay away
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Rubbish hours, rubbish management, lazy people
sodexo
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, ENG8 September 2015
the most enjoyable aspect of the job was the colleagues who worked along side you.
learnt food hygiene, fire safety training and food handling.
Pros
Cons
management
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crossflatts25 May 2015
• General kitchen duties, for example, preparation of food, serving food, cleaning of surfaces, attending the tills, sweeping, mopping, topping/restocking, aiding staff & chefs wherever possible.

• Different job roles I have undertook i.e. working on the deli, pan wash, pot wash, food service, shop assistance etc.

• Personal flexibility through helping out the cleaning department when they have an absent team member, or taking on other job roles such as vending.

• Responsibility was also left to me in regards of using the tills, which involved checking the float, serving hundreds of customers, and counting/documenting all money intakes.

• I was personally responsible for dealing with drink dispensing machines and confectionery machines, among responsible for dealing with the money & paperwork from these machines.

• The management at Sodexo were very helpful if there were any issues which occurred and they did a great job at keeping the staff working efficiently as a team.

• My team members were very friendly and helpful which made it a great environment, however, communication is important in a kitchen, so at times conversations had to be kept short but direct.

• Kitchen work is very intense, in which you need to be able to divert from task to task, being aware of your situation and surroundings, I would say this was the most difficult for myself as it brought about the most stress.

• My favorite part about working in this kitchen, was the nice environment, friendly staff, friendly customers, and the skills I have picked up from this job.
Pros
Free lunch, good team members
Cons
Stressful & exhausting work at times
A very busy unit
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ascot9 March 2015
We cater for 1200 covers a day, its fast passed & busy, which l enjoy. l like working with the public & helping people, l try to give the customer that l expect when l am a customer
Pros
Working in term time
Professional and interesting place.
Food Service Assistant and Helpdesk Operator (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 December 2014
This is an excellent place to work. People were all nice and polite. The work environment was professional and there was good understanding between staff. It is a place with certainty, no extra hours or cutting hours depending on business.
Pros
Normal brakes and free lunches
A Busy Supermarket
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ascot, ENG7 November 2014
I enjoyed working at Tesco`s it was interesting, busy & l go to meet & help people which l enjoy
Cons
l worked evening as my children were young
fghj
FSA ( Food service assistant ) (Current Employee) –  Lympstone, ENG11 October 2014
dont enjoy my work, treated unfairly, what a joke, go to work to earn a living, not to come home stressed, end up on tablets and constantly be in and out of doctors with a hand injury.
ok
Food service assistant/ cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, ENG21 June 2014
ok good pay happy environment. I enjoyed working here for the last two years
Productive and great company to work for
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edingburgh8 June 2014
Productive and great company to work for. Great For developing your skills.
Great team
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG1 May 2014
Had a great time working with the Sodexo team. Had lots of training and the hours fit in perfectly around College.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Had to end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K