Sodexo Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Found 107 reviews matching the search See all 11,973 reviews
Poor pay bad management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  South Manchester16 November 2018
The work is hard, which is fine as time goes fast. Manager has no interest in job, rarely seen. Team meetings consists of being sent a memo and signing to say you attended. Even that is overseen by supervisor not manager.
Pay is minimum, which is NOT good as your not allowed to take holidays in term time.Even though the manager does.
A lot of staff are unable to use buffers or carpet cleaners, therefore you have to do the heavy machine work in their areas as well as your own. Always short staffed, manager comes and goes as she pleases, never helps out.
Payslips and P60 are all online, which is a pain as site is always crashing, and constantly changes your password and user name
Nobody really wants to be a cleaner, can't recall ever aspiring to cleaning a toilet after a total stranger had made a mess on it, general feeling is anyone can clean, however not everyone would clean ! Companies like sodexo should acknowledge that and value their staff !
Pros
Local work
Cons
Low pay. Hard work. Poor management.
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
Productive and fun place of work.
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire16 November 2018
I enjoyed working at DMKH . It was a satisfying job. You also met a lot of different people. The staff were lovely to work for. You also helped brighten up some of the patients day.
Pros
Very satisfing job.
Cons
Not any.
poductive
Cover Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon30 October 2018
i lurned how to handle chemiclas and how to lookafter and store them. The most enjoyable part was knowing thet the other pepole in the biulding had a clean work area to work in.
Pros
a quite area.
Not the worst company I've worked for
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Royal Stoke University Hospital10 August 2018
Worked for sodexo for approximately 6 months, doing night shifts. Loved my job but unfortunately the pay is poor towards what people with a trust contract get. If they paid the same rate of pay then they would be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor pay
A typical day
Cleaner (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  130 Station Road, Sidcup, DA157AX13 August 2018
Anytime I would be in for work I would be content and understand exactly what needs to be done. Other staff were really helpful and made doing certain jobs easier by always being readily available to help when necessary.
fun work places
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead27 June 2018
Love working with the company
You are always busy as they is always stuff to do as I look after the blocks in the student accommodations
They staff make you feel welcome and you all what to get up in the mornings to go to work
Pros
Fun places to work
ths
part time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead24 July 2018
It's a cleaning job like any other you have to clean and that's about it there are other cleaners there also and that's all there is to it this is all
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
Loved working for Sodexo
Cleaner (full-time) (Former Employee) –  North Killingholme8 December 2017
Enjoyed coming into work, i've learned how to use buffers etc Great company to work for i really enjoyed day to day tasks, management are great. The hardest part was cleaning really dirty toilets but i always got on and never moaned. My main enjoyable times was spending time with other collages and managers.
Best workplace ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Neyland17 July 2017
Working for Sodexo is challenging but fun, the manager of the cleaning department is excellent, if I had ever had an issue either big or small he was happy to help every time, one of the benefits of working for Sodexo is that they provide free transport from many of the major towns in Pembrokeshire
Pros
Free transport to and from work
Cons
long hours with small breaks
Busy and productive workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pfizer, Sandwich20 November 2012
Schedules given at beginning of the working day.
Intensive and regular training
professional and approachable management
Co-workers pull together as a team as required, needed or voluntary.
Job schedule very strenuous and have to move fast to meet deadlines in schedule.
Interacting with both clients and co-workers all pulling together to make an enjoyable working environment
Pros
easy targets, regular breaks, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
early mornings and long hours
Worst company iv ever worked for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Wales15 February 2018
Awful to work for. Bullys. Lost all my right to work stuff. Birth certificate bank details etc. Sacked because I kept asking for updates on my lost stuff. Still waiting to hear on all my personal details being found. Worked at the site for 9 yrs happily for another company. All changed when they took over. To many bosses not enough workers
Pros
Cons
Bullys
fun workplace
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lympstone, ENG20 October 2015
fun work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics.
Pros
cheap lunches
job satisfaction
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  County Antrim18 February 2016
i enjoy working at aldergrove camp, due to it being a military base as my husband is an ex serving soldier,i take pride in doing my job to a high standard which is appricated by the soldiers who live in the accommadation block and also by the medical team and knowing that the medical ward is ready to take any patients
Pros
getting praisedby personal on camp
Cons
to complete some of my jobs in a given time is sometimes not enough
Ok place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dogs body18 January 2013
Am a cleaner at alderly edge site firm ok ish to work for early hours 6-1 just management change on a 6 monthly basis and seems pot luck as to what you get lumbered with some times good some times bad, work ok pay good ,chance of promotion or other job on site mmm only if u know the right family's or suck bum if not forget it but over all am happy here.
Pros
none apart from good wage
Cons
no chance of promotion
Good for working mums
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, ENG24 August 2015
I didn't work for Sodexo very long due to moving but the hours and job itself were very well suited around my family life.
Monday to Friday, 9am till 1pm left me some spare time after work before getting the kids. There are other hours available.
Pay was always on time and never messed up however, personally I feel like a company of this size could well afford to pay more than minimum wage. A few times tasks were added to our work but expected to be done in the same hours to a very high standard. I feel some of the management expected to much for to little. But it was 4 hours a day so nothing worth getting annoyed about.

My co-workers were the best I have ever had.
The hardest part was that it was the most unrewarding job I had ever done.
very friendly staff
Part time Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 February 2018
cleaning offices, toilets, corridors etc
How to provide a good service
very friendly and understanding
very British
keeping it clean when too many people are using the same area
the staff are amazing and very friendly
Pros
very co-operative
Cons
only just took over from previous agency
Fair and Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Torpoint, ENG5 February 2014
A typical day at work would include starting at 6am Monday to Friday and completing general cleaning tasks and duties and following instructions given to me in the morning.
I have learned that not everything can be achieved on time and that you have to prioritise your work being the most important first. The management at Sodexo were fair to an extent although they did not realise the amount of work given to one person was too much and they rarely had other staff to help which was quite a tough aspect of the job.
My co-workers all got along together, worked well as a team and helped each other in times of need. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my co-workers and achieving our work to a high standard of cleanliness and of course working along side the military.
Pros
Working with the Military
Cons
Not enough staff
Good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pewsey17 February 2018
Sodexo were a good employer. They provided a good working environment and the other employees were friendly and hard working. The job was very varied and enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K