Sodexo Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Found 104 reviews matching the search See all 11,547 reviews
Not the worst company I've worked for
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Royal Stoke University Hospital10 August 2018
Worked for sodexo for approximately 6 months, doing night shifts. Loved my job but unfortunately the pay is poor towards what people with a trust contract get. If they paid the same rate of pay then they would be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor pay
ths
part time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead24 July 2018
It's a cleaning job like any other you have to clean and that's about it there are other cleaners there also and that's all there is to it this is all
fun work places
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead27 June 2018
Love working with the company
You are always busy as they is always stuff to do as I look after the blocks in the student accommodations
They staff make you feel welcome and you all what to get up in the mornings to go to work
Pros
Fun places to work
Dreadful Management Poor Communication
Cleaning Team Leader (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe5 March 2018
typical day involves running round like a mad person, lack of staff to fulfil clients needs, management communication is poor, clients are the best part of the job
Cons
over worked, no benefits, poor management, lack of staff
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandwich24 February 2018
I spent 4 years working for Sodexo at the Pfizers site Sandwich. during that time I found them to be a good company to work for, though the work was hard and demanding.
Pros
Demanding work
Cons
Job security
Good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pewsey17 February 2018
Sodexo were a good employer. They provided a good working environment and the other employees were friendly and hard working. The job was very varied and enjoyable.
Worst company iv ever worked for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Wales15 February 2018
Awful to work for. Bullys. Lost all my right to work stuff. Birth certificate bank details etc. Sacked because I kept asking for updates on my lost stuff. Still waiting to hear on all my personal details being found. Worked at the site for 9 yrs happily for another company. All changed when they took over. To many bosses not enough workers
Pros
Cons
Bullys
very friendly staff
Part time Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 February 2018
cleaning offices, toilets, corridors etc
How to provide a good service
very friendly and understanding
very British
keeping it clean when too many people are using the same area
the staff are amazing and very friendly
Pros
very co-operative
Cons
only just took over from previous agency
Very poor management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire30 January 2018
My experence with this company was good at first but soon realised the amount expected to do was so unrealistic and no help or support from supervisers or managers. Also i was pushed out of the door for having a mental health condition!!
Interesting Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth3 January 2018
The job was varied and changed day to day which was often very demanding. The Citadel is home to a lot of military personnel which could sometimes be challenging as it was a very male dominated environment
Loved working for Sodexo
Cleaner (full-time) (Former Employee) –  North Killingholme8 December 2017
Enjoyed coming into work, i've learned how to use buffers etc Great company to work for i really enjoyed day to day tasks, management are great. The hardest part was cleaning really dirty toilets but i always got on and never moaned. My main enjoyable times was spending time with other collages and managers.
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Derry23 November 2017
I currently have a part time job at sodexo as a cleaning operative. My day to day tasks involve cleaning offices and toilets and making sure Seagate Building is up to high standards at all times. The most enjoyable thing about my job is my team workers.
Pros
Free access to gym
Cons
Not enough hours
Really polite and good to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire21 October 2017
Best experience I've ever had as it' was my first job and there really polite and bubbly people to work with I've never had any problems apart from one week my pat was due late other than that it's a really good experience of working with sodexo learnt a lot about cleaning
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
16 hours
Friendly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
Fun place to work. Get on with all staff. Good rate of pay, very friendly people in higher management made my job easy for me when they could. Very happy to work for this company.
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets
hardworking but fun enviroment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 September 2017
we would all meet in the morning in the canteen to have a hot drink then we would set off to our own allocated areas that we had to clean
some days we would help out in the canteen, pot wash, little shop etc when short staffed so wasn't always just doing cleaning
customers in the offices were always very nice and chatty
hard part was always keeping high standards of cleaning making sure we always passed the audits
Pros
we got a lift to and from work with the company
Interesting
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Torpoint, Cornwall2 September 2017
I worked as a cleaner in a naval base (HMS Raleigh) which was interesting to say the least as know and again you would come across some of the naval staff still working on there stuff but they would still talk to you as u clean around them
Terrible company to work for
Site Cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire29 August 2017
Horrible working conditions, Training is laborious, Management don't have a clue what there doing,Distgusting dirty horrible job, there isn't any nice parts of this job.
Ok
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire17 August 2017
Ok place to work and lovely staff,hard work for little salary,managment are ok and like to try to halp you where they can most of the time.free lunches for catering staff but not for cleaner staff,very well trained well you work there.
Best workplace ever
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Neyland17 July 2017
Working for Sodexo is challenging but fun, the manager of the cleaning department is excellent, if I had ever had an issue either big or small he was happy to help every time, one of the benefits of working for Sodexo is that they provide free transport from many of the major towns in Pembrokeshire
Pros
Free transport to and from work
Cons
long hours with small breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K