Sodexo Employee Reviews for Chef

Badly managed
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wales15 July 2018
Absolute, horrendous company to work for, bad attitudes and bosses driving the work force into the ground, illness is frowned upon and overall treated as a dogs body
Pros
£3.50 meal allowance
Cons
Unpaid overtime, unsafe work place, and unfairly treated
Not to bad
Chef (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire5 May 2018
A day at work would consist of following paperwork and legislation. Cooking for staff and patients about 50 a day. Adhering to dietary guidelines. It has taught me a lot of nutrition.

The hardest part of the job is the workload as they don't like to hire new staff.
Pros
good work life
Cons
bad pay
productive work place
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex30 April 2018
they offer a good service and the people that work there are nice and are easy to get along with. They hold high standards as well as they ensure that the kitchen is clean.
Working for SODEXO
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  warminster25 April 2018
A good company to work for i enjoyed working for the company but want to move on uniform provide food when your entitled to it the hardest part of the job was weekends because you did not no how many you where catering for but it was fun
chef
chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 January 2018
preparing hot and cold foods for the clients breakfast, lunch and the occasional evening meal. Ordering, Stocktaking, Menu planning and Staff Training,
Each day is completely different some days can run smoothly and other days can be stressful.
the hardest part of the job is the heat of the kitchen and standing for hours without a break, however generally the job is what you make it I enjoy cooking and being creative and seeing the clients happy
I have always found the management to be friendly and supportive always striving in hiring the best people to do the job required
Pros
many
Was once a good job.
Chef Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bickleigh, Devon18 November 2017
Used to be a fantastic job, but alas with umpteen cut backs, management changes the over moral has gone down the pan.
Sadly the bottom line is all they care about.
There is never enough staff to be able to give our customers the quality of service they should expect.
I take pride in my work and service, but I have to cut corners.
The team I work with are fantastic, but they all feel deflated.
The location is amazing and working with our military is very rewarding and I feel proud that I have been there to support them through their development.
Pros
Good holiday time with length of service. as with sick pay. sodexo discounts
Cons
Uncertainty with lack of staff, stress, impossible managers
great job
Chef (Former Employee) –  bardges in shetland11 October 2017
sodexo is a very good company to work for. managers excel in employees. rate of pay is very good. free food and had wifi and 32 inch tv in my room. was a great life style and the team was always helpful.
Terrible to work for
Chef Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF21 October 2017
When first started great management but after a year a management shuffle and not a very good one since they came from accounting it was only a matter of time before all the SxxT hit the fan!! As a Chef myself of 20 years Sodexo say they produce high standards of food what a joke 75% food is frozen and the other 25% normally left overs that i was getting told to use you are not allowed to express your creative skill what so ever .
So if you want to feel like a drone doing the same thing week in & week out feeling miserable and no getting job satisfaction fine this is for you. But if you want to be a professional Chef and express your creative flair and use the skill you trained for DO NOT GO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Cons
Management communication, not allowed to express your skills, Training a joke they show you answers.
not the best company
chef (Current Employee) –  Shropshire27 June 2017
not the best company I ever worked for. poor management at site. management seem to have all the training but not the experience required to make the right decisions.
busy
Chef (Current Employee) –  Belfast9 June 2017
i work as a casual chef for sodexo and feel that the jobs can be sparce but when busy can be full on and that is what i prefer.

they are a large company who cater for large numbers and this can be when you are busy but if you get small jobs they may be a bit slow
Pros
busy
Cons
not enough hours
Sodexo
Chef (Current Employee) –  Lancashire4 June 2017
Good to work for but to much paper work with health and safety. I have no problem with this but I feel the go to far and over the top. Pay is average but we are under staffed
Loved. It
Chef (Former Employee) –  Liverpool26 March 2017
Brilliant to work for started my career with them got to work in a lot of places meeting new people good for progression have been self employed for a good few years now and would love to get back in to this company
Pros
New people
Cons
Hard to get back in to once you leave
Very Poor
chef (Current Employee) –  Albermarle2 February 2017
I worked for sodexo for nearly two years. I can only describe the Albermarle Barrack section. From my experience they are a very poor company to work for. Expectations are always being changed and there is almost no positive communication. I struggle to find the accurate words to describe my working time but i would highly not recommend them to any one with common sense who does not want to be used as a robot.
expect too much
Chef (Current Employee) –  Garrison26 October 2016
The staff I work along with are great but the upper management are constantly moving the barriers.
The military expect you to wait on them hand and foot and change things at a moments notice.
Hey expect you to be grateful to them for having a job, and your life revolves around hem
Intense Working Environment
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 October 2016
A typical day as a commis chef at St James Park would involve starting at 7am and finishing about 4pm. I learned great character building qualities through this job as it was very intense and high pressure to do well otherwise someone else would be suffering. A lot of my co-workers were great guys who had been in the business a long time and I benefitted from that. The hardest part of the job was how much pressure it was during serving times. The most enjoyable part was being able to successfully deal with this pressure.
Pros
Good pay for my age, free food
Cons
Intense and Stressful
Good Experience
Chef (Current Employee) –  Nottingham6 September 2016
In my years there I learnt a lot and met some fantastic and inspiring individuals who guided me. The managers had good relations with all staff and would do there best to fulfil there needs. Sometimes the hours we're long and demanding but fully worth the reward. Overall a good company to work for and would recommend.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Awful company
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sutton Bonington4 June 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. In all honest it should be shut down. Management just sit in the office all day. They don't look after the students. Gone off food.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management...
its a nice place to work for
chef (Current Employee) –  st james palace19 April 2016
I have learnt a lot while working for them but I need a change I want to try something else not working in a same place my colleges are very nice to work for also the management are also very nice
Excelent comany to work for
Eecutive Chef (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside28 February 2016
Despite being a large company as a department head I am allowed a fair amount of autonomy and and left to my initiative. No two days are the same with the busy restaurant and hectic hospitality services we provide.
Pros
Good hours, pension, holidays, uniform
Cons
Fun work place and good team members
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Cyprus Station26 February 2016
learnt new skills and how other people work in a team and how things are run in the company. busy day throughout when it came to serving times but a nice chilled day when coming to preperation of the food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K