Sodexo Employee Reviews for Chef

Was once a good job.
Chef Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bickleigh, Devon18 November 2017
Used to be a fantastic job, but alas with umpteen cut backs, management changes the over moral has gone down the pan.
Sadly the bottom line is all they care about.
There is never enough staff to be able to give our customers the quality of service they should expect.
I take pride in my work and service, but I have to cut corners.
The team I work with are fantastic, but they all feel deflated.
The location is amazing and working with our military is very rewarding and I feel proud that I have been there to support them through their development.
Pros
Good holiday time with length of service. as with sick pay. sodexo discounts
Cons
Uncertainty with lack of staff, stress, impossible managers
great job
Chef (Former Employee) –  bardges in shetland11 October 2017
sodexo is a very good company to work for. managers excel in employees. rate of pay is very good. free food and had wifi and 32 inch tv in my room. was a great life style and the team was always helpful.
Terrible to work for
Chef Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF21 October 2017
When first started great management but after a year a management shuffle and not a very good one since they came from accounting it was only a matter of time before all the SxxT hit the fan!! As a Chef myself of 20 years Sodexo say they produce high standards of food what a joke 75% food is frozen and the other 25% normally left overs that i was getting told to use you are not allowed to express your creative skill what so ever .
So if you want to feel like a drone doing the same thing week in & week out feeling miserable and no getting job satisfaction fine this is for you. But if you want to be a professional Chef and express your creative flair and use the skill you trained for DO NOT GO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Cons
Management communication, not allowed to express your skills, Training a joke they show you answers.
not the best company
chef (Current Employee) –  Shropshire27 June 2017
not the best company I ever worked for. poor management at site. management seem to have all the training but not the experience required to make the right decisions.
busy
Chef (Current Employee) –  Belfast9 June 2017
i work as a casual chef for sodexo and feel that the jobs can be sparce but when busy can be full on and that is what i prefer.

they are a large company who cater for large numbers and this can be when you are busy but if you get small jobs they may be a bit slow
Pros
busy
Cons
not enough hours
Sodexo
Chef (Current Employee) –  Lancashire4 June 2017
Good to work for but to much paper work with health and safety. I have no problem with this but I feel the go to far and over the top. Pay is average but we are under staffed
Loved. It
Chef (Former Employee) –  Liverpool26 March 2017
Brilliant to work for started my career with them got to work in a lot of places meeting new people good for progression have been self employed for a good few years now and would love to get back in to this company
Pros
New people
Cons
Hard to get back in to once you leave
Very Poor
chef (Current Employee) –  Albermarle2 February 2017
I worked for sodexo for nearly two years. I can only describe the Albermarle Barrack section. From my experience they are a very poor company to work for. Expectations are always being changed and there is almost no positive communication. I struggle to find the accurate words to describe my working time but i would highly not recommend them to any one with common sense who does not want to be used as a robot.
team player
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire12 January 2017
an enthusiastic,self motivate person who always strives to achieve a very high standard in whatever is undertaken. offer the ability to motivate others proven leadership abilities within team environment extensive experience and understanding of the importance of delivering to the highest standards. currently seeking full time employment in chef/ catering role vast immediately and willing to undertake any further training that may be required.
expect too much
Chef (Current Employee) –  Garrison26 October 2016
The staff I work along with are great but the upper management are constantly moving the barriers.
The military expect you to wait on them hand and foot and change things at a moments notice.
Hey expect you to be grateful to them for having a job, and your life revolves around hem

Want to know more about Sodexo?

Ask a question
Intense Working Environment
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 October 2016
A typical day as a commis chef at St James Park would involve starting at 7am and finishing about 4pm. I learned great character building qualities through this job as it was very intense and high pressure to do well otherwise someone else would be suffering. A lot of my co-workers were great guys who had been in the business a long time and I benefitted from that. The hardest part of the job was how much pressure it was during serving times. The most enjoyable part was being able to successfully deal with this pressure.
Pros
Good pay for my age, free food
Cons
Intense and Stressful
Good Experience
Chef (Current Employee) –  Nottingham6 September 2016
In my years there I learnt a lot and met some fantastic and inspiring individuals who guided me. The managers had good relations with all staff and would do there best to fulfil there needs. Sometimes the hours we're long and demanding but fully worth the reward. Overall a good company to work for and would recommend.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Awful company
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sutton Bonington4 June 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. In all honest it should be shut down. Management just sit in the office all day. They don't look after the students. Gone off food.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management...
its a nice place to work for
chef (Current Employee) –  st james palace19 April 2016
I have learnt a lot while working for them but I need a change I want to try something else not working in a same place my colleges are very nice to work for also the management are also very nice
sodexo
Chef de partie (Current Employee) –  London26 March 2016
Really good company I am really happy working for them but Im looking to leave london so I need to find a new job.
they know how to develop their employees. Im learning a lot working there i have really good colleagues and I would love to be with them for longer time
Excelent comany to work for
Eecutive Chef (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside28 February 2016
Despite being a large company as a department head I am allowed a fair amount of autonomy and and left to my initiative. No two days are the same with the busy restaurant and hectic hospitality services we provide.
Pros
Good hours, pension, holidays, uniform
Cons
Fun work place and good team members
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Cyprus Station26 February 2016
learnt new skills and how other people work in a team and how things are run in the company. busy day throughout when it came to serving times but a nice chilled day when coming to preperation of the food
staff are very good to work with
chef (Current Employee) –  Topcliffe24 February 2016
cater for around 200 meals per day plus any functions
from a wide range of menus and live bars to order the hardest part of the job really is the distance to work and back and the time to and from.staff are very good to work alongside.
Pros
good to work for
Cons
travelling distance to work
Nice place good people.
chef (Current Employee) –  newcastle upon tyne30 October 2015
Working for the Sodexo Chef is a fantastic opportunity. I have been with the company for a year and I've steadily moved up the ranks. I meet all sorts of new people and can show them new skills, creative cooking options and give them ways to spend more time with their families.
Generally good workmates
Chef (Current Employee) –  North England18 October 2015
Current employee
Poor management only looking out for there bonuses will lie to your face to facilitate this end. Suposedly a green company but drown you in paper work , way above industry standards to justify someones job at head office being paid alot more than the staff on the frontline actually doing the work & dealing with the customer.
Pros
Good colegues
Cons
Long hours, poor pay& no staff meal while on duty usually a min of 12 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K