Sodexo Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Great company to work for
Catering Sales Assistant is the day (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 July 2018
I loved working for Sodexo they where a great company. I worked in the courts in Glasgow witch I had lots of different jobs to do sometimes I would be in the kitchen.
Dreadful, awful, nasty company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 June 2018
I worked there for nine and a half years and I wish I hadn't. The amount of abuse that I had to put up with from managers and colleagues alike was nothing short of jaw dropping. So a piece of advice I would give you would be this. Do not, under any circumstances work for sodexo ever. Particularly the sites in Bracknell. Stay away from anything at Cain Road. The managers there are monsters, literally. They've had 17 people leave in one year alone.
Pros
When you come to your senses and quit.
Cons
Rubbish pay, awful managers, even more dreadful area managers and just generally everything.
great company
CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Sussex9 April 2018
great company to work for, really well run and an enjoyable environment. would work here again in a flash...........................................................
Fantastic workplace
Catering Assistant (shift work) (Former Employee) –  Steeton4 April 2018
For a teenager the wage is great as its £7.62 and hour, the hours are flexible and I worked alongside most people I knew, I made great friends there and enjoyed every shift, the supervisors are friendly and are kind to each staff member and go to the extremes to help out
Not so great
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex24 January 2018
Managers have a cant be bothered attitude which reflects in most of the staff, been underpaid and not paid at all more times than I can count. Ending up being made to stay well past the proposed finish time etc
Not Fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 January 2018
The people were horrible, the atmosphere was negative, the patients treated you badly. We were severely understaffed half the time. The job was incredible stressful and difficult with not enough salary to make it worth while.
Catering assistant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 December 2017
I worked at Sodexo in Colchester I was treated really badly by some members of staff and couldn't believe how much we has to do. One person had to do three jobs at once we were always up and down. I had to leave in the end due to ill health as I wasaid working long hours everyday. Their security was amazing due to thexpire workplace being in the army estate and most of the team leaderstwhile were helpful and wanted to help you when needed
Pros
Good pay
Enjoyment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 September 2017
A typical day at work will be signing in at my designated area then I will check to see if we have enough stock in fridges and on shelves; this can sometimes also include organising stock by expiry date. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment whilst having fun. The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it is, however this doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. The most enjoyable part of the job is again how fast paced it is it means my shift goes very quick.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only work home matches.
varied place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London5 September 2017
no two days are the same it a very varried company to work for as its got many differnt areas they deal with , you could work in especialy in an airport
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wages could be better
Nice place to work but not enough hours
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 August 2017
Extremely busy unit catering for almost 1000. Low salary , not enough hours too many unpaid holidays as it's term time only position, there is a chance of overtimes which is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salary
Good place to work as a first job
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  St James Park, Newcastle21 June 2017
Friendly members of staff. learned a lot about customer service skills, which are easily transferable. learning how to deal with customer complaints was very effective. Introduced up-selling to me, which again is another transferable skill.
Pros
Flexibility
Catering Assistant
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey31 May 2017
There are Good rates of pay above average

Had to change jobs because of family moved

good team and management

busy days but makes the day go quicker
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Busy days
Enjoyable workplace
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  St James Park, Newcastle22 March 2017
I enjoy conversing with fans and offering a friendly service. The management are supportive and helpful and the work itself is enjoyable and the hours are flexible.
Learning and enjoying work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittodrie, Aberdeenshire7 January 2017
Sodexo is a big company with a lot of people with different experiences and backgrounds. I learnt more on various cultures and that smiling with customers and colleagues is very important. Workers are friendly and supportive that one feels at home and enjoy work.
Pros
Free lunch and late night taxi
Cons
Shifts are too few because are based on Matchdays only
Good place to work for.
catering assistant at Cheadle Hulme private school (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester13 December 2016
I did enjoy working for Sodexo, the management wasnt quite what i expected and could be quite rude at times. the other people i worked with were great, really great group of people, bubbly, a great laugh and hard working. however it was a maternity cover job and unfortunately there were no permenant positions available for me to carry on working there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only a temporary position
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Smthwick birmingham2 November 2016
My typical day at Sodexo , food prepping, The making of deserts, Helping the chef in all areas of duties in the kitchen and serving customers,
I enjoyed meeting and greeting customers, every day there's something new to learn. I also loved being part of a team,
Pros
Free lunches
Brilliant workplace for students
Public Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen FC29 June 2016
As a matchday worker, responsibilities generally include preparing kiosks for the day ahead by reheating pies, hotdogs etc, cash handling, and cleaning. I have learned to operate tills and fill out cash sheets, as well as have received customer service training. I have not had much contact particularly with management but they are very friendly and accommodating, and are generally well organised given the not very predictable circumstances that matchdays operate in. There is a lot of mixed contact with co-workers, with most days working with different people you've never met before. Most co-workers are keen and hard-working although there are the occasional slackers and rude people. The hardest part of the job is probably working with people who can be difficult and not very willing to be a teamplayer although these people seem to be rare. The most enjoyable part is meeting lots of new people.
Pros
Good pay, good training, free food after matches
Cons
Don't work with one consistent team
really enjoyable
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 May 2016
it was a really enjoyable job with great people who I got on with and who made the job a whole lot better. It filled me with confidence and gave me great contacts for the future.
old school guard
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton11 May 2016
I think that how regularly a job position comes up at this site speaks a thousand words. Catering manager is a nightmare but. No where near as bad as the people who work there. They all seem to be related which means that if they don't like you, you are out!
Pros
the work is easy
Cons
management and more so the staff - awful!
Awful
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne18 April 2016
I was unfairly dismissed from work by this company because I had ibs. They wouldn't even let me explain it. I told them that the pains were like having labour pains and all I got from the manager was "ah so you're some kind of doctor now are you? Have you had a child have you? Then no you can't comment" and she was shouting down the phone at me, totally childish and unprofessional. She said that I shouldn't be working in catering with ibs acting like I'm a freak with a disease. Didn't even want to try and understand and when I said that women who have had ibs pains have described them as being as bad as labour pains and my doctor even compared it the manager just shouted "I don't care I don't have time for this I'm hanging up don't contact me anymore" absolutely disgraceful. They don't even care about their staff, wouldn't even bother working for them. She said she would come and talk to me about it and instead she rang me and fired me. Absolutely disgraceful, I'd only ever had 2 days off and it couldn't be helped because of my ibs. Don't even get paid correctly either.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K