Sodexo Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Very good first job!!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 November 2017
Started working here at 16 years old just after my GCSEs, still working here 3 years/seasons later. The staff and people you meet are all so easy to get on with and are very flexible and reliable with shifts.
It is very easy to pick up as they make training very hands on in order for you to be able to get going from your first shift!
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, very good pay, amazing staff, tips!!
Cons
can have long shifts
Enjoyment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 September 2017
A typical day at work will be signing in at my designated area then I will check to see if we have enough stock in fridges and on shelves; this can sometimes also include organising stock by expiry date. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment whilst having fun. The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it is, however this doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. The most enjoyable part of the job is again how fast paced it is it means my shift goes very quick.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only work home matches.
st james park
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 July 2017
i enjoyed itat the start then the hours started to get out of hand and they got me to come in after a 16 hour shift to work early in the morning when i only had 3 hours sleep.
Pros
Cons
good hours
did not work there long
bar staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 May 2017
unfortunately i did not work there long due to it being seasonal work. after the football season was over i needed to find other work. however i did enjoy my time there.
Pros
work with lots of people
Cons
seasonal work
not too bad
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne6 February 2017
work load is fine, timing very flexible, salary a little low with not much opportunity to advance anywhere. people that i work with are fun and friendly
Avoid this place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 December 2016
Horrible two faced backstabbing staff. Expect too much in a short time of work. Original cleaners didn't do their job properly and you end up trying to do months of work in a week. Avoid this company if possible.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 December 2016
You're always busy. Which is good, if you're looking for a good paying part time job, I highly recommend it. The co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job would be the customers especially when they've had a few too many to drink. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much you got to meet new people.
Pros
Being at a football stadium.
Cons
Some of the customers.
Intense Working Environment
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 October 2016
A typical day as a commis chef at St James Park would involve starting at 7am and finishing about 4pm. I learned great character building qualities through this job as it was very intense and high pressure to do well otherwise someone else would be suffering. A lot of my co-workers were great guys who had been in the business a long time and I benefitted from that. The hardest part of the job was how much pressure it was during serving times. The most enjoyable part was being able to successfully deal with this pressure.
Pros
Good pay for my age, free food
Cons
Intense and Stressful
Professional
Executive Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 June 2016
A busy day everyday, taught me how to multitask more and also meet others needs. Good management and easy to get along with the co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough shifts
really enjoyable
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 May 2016
it was a really enjoyable job with great people who I got on with and who made the job a whole lot better. It filled me with confidence and gave me great contacts for the future.
Awful
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne18 April 2016
I was unfairly dismissed from work by this company because I had ibs. They wouldn't even let me explain it. I told them that the pains were like having labour pains and all I got from the manager was "ah so you're some kind of doctor now are you? Have you had a child have you? Then no you can't comment" and she was shouting down the phone at me, totally childish and unprofessional. She said that I shouldn't be working in catering with ibs acting like I'm a freak with a disease. Didn't even want to try and understand and when I said that women who have had ibs pains have described them as being as bad as labour pains and my doctor even compared it the manager just shouted "I don't care I don't have time for this I'm hanging up don't contact me anymore" absolutely disgraceful. They don't even care about their staff, wouldn't even bother working for them. She said she would come and talk to me about it and instead she rang me and fired me. Absolutely disgraceful, I'd only ever had 2 days off and it couldn't be helped because of my ibs. Don't even get paid correctly either.
Pros
productive and enjoyable work place.
St James (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 November 2015
Was a very good place to work at a young age, to gain experience as I handle money and done a lot of things that showed I was trust worthy within a work place.
Review
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Football Club3 November 2015
I worked on match days as part of a team delivering hospitality services behind a bar. I started work one hour before the stadium opened stocking the bar and refreshment area I was working in. At the end on my shift I also restocked the bar.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
wages were low
Nice place good people.
chef (Current Employee) –  newcastle upon tyne30 October 2015
Working for the Sodexo Chef is a fantastic opportunity. I have been with the company for a year and I've steadily moved up the ranks. I meet all sorts of new people and can show them new skills, creative cooking options and give them ways to spend more time with their families.
Fast pace good pay
Kiosk Staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG23 September 2015
Very fast paced work involved due to working in a football stadium serving food and drinks. Good pay for a teenager at £6.50 p/h.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
not a lot of hours maybe 4 every 2 weeks
Fantastic public service.
Bar staff (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG9 April 2015
great at serving the public. customer focused and profit focused ran company. lack of training for new staff. Shifts are inconsistent, with may hours one week and none the next. great taxis home after 11pm. fairly enjoyable working place
Pros
free lunch, taxis home after 11pm, opportunities to work elsewhere, such as ascot.
Cons
long hours, unreliable shifts
Shocking place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 March 2015
I did not like my time here at all, customers were rude (I don't blame them to be honest as the majority of people who worked there didn't have a clue what they were doing), staff were rude and disrespectful and most of all the team leaders barely do anything. In fact I can remember my first ever shift - the team leader left us all at half time and buggered off to go to a gig!
Pros
Few friendly faces, easy to get there
Cons
Poor management and staff, short hours
enjoyable place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG14 August 2014
fast environment, learn good leadership skills. co workers were helpful although some not so much. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the the amount of customers at half time. the most enjoyable part was being in charge of the bar .
Pros
free drinks
Cons
cold working conditions
Great.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG14 March 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed it, great people to work around, great atmosphere. Good hours and very enjoyable experience.
Productive, fun workplace
Bar Person (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG12 March 2014
It's the best four hour shift you could work for.
Serving our guests when they came to the bar for service.
The people I work are amazing, I get on well with others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K