Sodexo Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 11,969 reviews
Poor pay bad management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  South Manchester16 November 2018
The work is hard, which is fine as time goes fast. Manager has no interest in job, rarely seen. Team meetings consists of being sent a memo and signing to say you attended. Even that is overseen by supervisor not manager.
Pay is minimum, which is NOT good as your not allowed to take holidays in term time.Even though the manager does.
A lot of staff are unable to use buffers or carpet cleaners, therefore you have to do the heavy machine work in their areas as well as your own. Always short staffed, manager comes and goes as she pleases, never helps out.
Payslips and P60 are all online, which is a pain as site is always crashing, and constantly changes your password and user name
Nobody really wants to be a cleaner, can't recall ever aspiring to cleaning a toilet after a total stranger had made a mess on it, general feeling is anyone can clean, however not everyone would clean ! Companies like sodexo should acknowledge that and value their staff !
Pros
Local work
Cons
Low pay. Hard work. Poor management.
Best work culture
Trainee Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 November 2018
A great place to learn
Incredible IT team
positive, collaborative and supportive work culture
Friendly team
great promotion opportunity
Capable and approachable management team
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None I can mention
Very Stressful
Solutionline (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 November 2018
Working on Solutionline, calls would reach upto 400 a day between 10 of us which meant breathing space was very rare. I felt management did not really help with making life easier as the business would make IT related decisions without our consideration which would increase the amount of calls a day. I felt this was very stressful as sometimes I would not be able to think and would still be continuously answering calls.
Pros
Day wold go fast
Cons
Short Lunch, Stressful, Aggressive Customers
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them
very fun place to work
waste opertive (Former Employee) –  Manchester, eye hosital30 May 2018
my day is collecting waste bins from hospital wards and taking them back to our waste yard were we dispose of the waste to its correct waste bins .

i learn about the different types of waste and keeping to health and safety standards.

the management were always there to help you and support you.

there were never any parts of my job that were hard.

most part of the job were meeting different people and sharing the stories and have laughs and jokes with my team mates
Pros
we had 3 breaks per shift
Cons
hours work good
good company
Food Service Assistant Kitchen Porter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
Good Company to work for provide certificates to advance in the company friendly helpful company and good benefits I have worked for sodexo for Seven years and Found Them to be a beneficial company to work for
Pros
advanced carrer
Cons
hours limited
Sodexo Justice Services
Teacher (Current Employee) –  HMP Forest Bank, Manchester12 September 2013
I have worked for this company for over ten years as a business studies teacher, during which time I have been able to develop the business course independently. I have enjoyed this part of the job immensely as it has provided me with the freedom to make my own decisions. I am also expected to teach other subject areas, such as functional skills level 1 and 2 maths and English, information technology to CLAIT Level 1 and CLAIT Plus standard, as well as other basic skills maths and English. I work with all prisoner types and often teach those who are housed on a separate wing away from the mainstream buildings.

The most difficult part of the job is management decision making that often affects me and my main teaching area as I have often been asked to move classrooms, which means I often lose resources such as the interactive board. This can also have a detrimental affect on numbers of students in class as any time changes often do not fit in with their other prison activities such as visits etc.

The salary and opportunities for teaching staff do not encourage motivation and to this end I have decided that I need to look for another kind of challenge else where.
Pros
lunches are provided
Cons
No bonus or promotional opportunities and little if any training.
Generally good to work at. Good team. Friendly staff, nurses and officers.
Substance Misuse Nurse/Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
I worked there for 7 1/2 years. Left because of disagreement with Clinical Lead Manager. Good relationship within the team/other nurses. Recognised the good quality of other team members.
Pros
Free lunches. Long days
Excellent place to work
Reward Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2016
Great company and very much going places in the future
Flexible working is very much available to the majority of staff
Flexible benefits is very much at the forefront of employee retention
Just about average
Finance dept (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG23 December 2015
No better or worse than any other company, some great people, some not so great people. Some good benefits like extra holiday salary sacrifice. Offices are in a converted warehouse.
Good Flexi Shifts
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Flexi Shift if applicable to the role provides a good work-life balance. Big company so free lunches at canteen if required and a structured PDR review in 1-1s.
Safe and Friendly Environment
Facilities Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company as was treated with much respect and was open to any job opportunity. I will always recommend the company anytime anywhere. My manager was given me all the knowledge require to carry me forward.
Pros
Holidays can be take anytime
Cons
not enough hours
Never a dull moment
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 January 2018
Transferring potions to other wards
Taking bloods samples to the lab
Collecting equipment from the medical library
Active jobs on the move all day great team on guys to work with
Friendly, poductive
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2013
Diary management for NHS Operations Director, Exec Finance Director and their teams, booking travel & accommodation, working on various projects, arranging meetings and ad hoc requests.
I have completed training courses in all MS Office packages and various other courses including personal development. I have learned new aspects of the business as my PA role has grown.
I work with a good team of PA's who are very friendly and helpful.
The hardest park of the job would be that we are understaffed due to cost cutting and there is to much work which becomes stressful at times, however we always manage.
I enjoy working on projects which are challenging.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Under staffed, cost cutting
Friendly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
Fun place to work. Get on with all staff. Good rate of pay, very friendly people in higher management made my job easy for me when they could. Very happy to work for this company.
prisoner custody officer
Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  manchester7 December 2013
My role as an officer gives me a lot of responsibility including the security, supervision, training and rehabilitation of people committed to prison. My role entails motivating prisoners to change their behaviour so they may leave prison with what may be new life skills that they may never have been exposed to before. My role is to be non-judgemental, supportive and to act as a role model so prisoners may rehabilitate within a safe and healthy environment.
In addition to my custodial duties, I must ensure that I am able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with prisoners by balancing authority with understanding and compassion, in order to facilitate effective rehabilitation.
The nature of my role demands the ability to think on your feet, make quick decisions and deal effectively with the unexpected.
Revealing
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG2 February 2014
I start at 7.30am and go into theatres and eye clinics to ensure the cleaning has been carried out to standards set by NHS management.
I then need to enter my findings onto a table database system. Any complaints made have to be fed back to management. I like to think I make a difference and ensure standards are kept for the safety of all NHS patients so the job is important.
I enjoy chatting to the staff and making sure things are done properly.
Pros
10 percent discount in coffee shops
Cons
early start
Enjoyed my time working at the hospital
mechanical plumber (Former Employee) –  manchester14 March 2013
I would start the morning of at the hospital by given emergency calls to deal with, these had a priority and had to be dealt with with care and speed, i would carry an emergency pager so i could be contacted for emergency breakdowns around the hospital, in my role I have had to have discretion, patient confidentiality and the willing to help in any given condition,
Pros
good work mates
Cons
no room for advancement
Workplace
TICKET OFFICER (SECURITY OFFICER) (Former Employee) –  MANCHESTER(UNITED KINGDOM)17 May 2013
L have in the past year work with sodexo in manchester,uk,but just recent moved back to ireland,while still with my former employer,I have enjoyed working & looking forward on a daily basis going into work has my work invoves customer service,which gave me lots of oppurtunities to meet people of interest & various works of life,this make my work so easy has alot my personality love meet people,my co-worker are a team players and helps in day to day activities when need at peak-times,I do lias with my site manager which made me learn more on how to adhere by company policies at times.
Pros
Discounted food rates for staff
Cons
When required to stay back
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K