Sodexo Employee Reviews in Manchester

Safe and Friendly Environment
Facilities Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 January 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company as was treated with much respect and was open to any job opportunity. I will always recommend the company anytime anywhere. My manager was given me all the knowledge require to carry me forward.
Pros
Holidays can be take anytime
Cons
not enough hours
Horrible place to work
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester children’s hospital4 January 2018
Promise contracts all the time when been in catering for 15 years and know my job well no praise for helping out doing long hours staying late only want to critise about what you haven’t done.Sedexo needs to look at there management rather than profit !!!
Pros
Cons
Don’t work for them
Good Flexi Shifts
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Flexi Shift if applicable to the role provides a good work-life balance. Big company so free lunches at canteen if required and a structured PDR review in 1-1s.
Friendly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
Fun place to work. Get on with all staff. Good rate of pay, very friendly people in higher management made my job easy for me when they could. Very happy to work for this company.
good company
Food Service Assistant Kitchen Porter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
Good Company to work for provide certificates to advance in the company friendly helpful company and good benefits I have worked for sodexo for Seven years and Found Them to be a beneficial company to work for
Pros
advanced carrer
Cons
hours limited
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets
Fun and stress free
FINANCE HUB ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Salford, Manchester, UK15 June 2017
Great work culture. Its an organisation which strives to provide a very relaxed but yet professional working experience. A company which is genuinely concerned with the welfare of its staff.
Pros
On site affordable canteen facilities as well as free parking
Enjoyable
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 March 2017
I learned a new job role and enjoyed what I did, I liked the people I worked with and enjoyed the job in general the hours were good also.
I would like a full time role doing this job my contract was on a zero hour basis so this was the only down fall
Very stressful place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester18 February 2017
You will do the same tasks everyday
I have learnt on how to work i a fast environmental place with lots expectations,I think the hardest part of the job is where everything has to finish on time.
It has a very good pay however poor management
Cons
poor management
great environment
Barista / Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 November 2016
i worked for this company for 3 years and loved every minute of it.
the management and staff are great along with the customers.
hours are perfect and the wage isn't too bad!
Pros
free lunch
Good to work for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 October 2016
I loved working there but my operation made it hard but I made a lot of new friends I would have still been there if I didn't get 2 brain hemerages
Pros
Money off food
Cons
Long hrs
Excellent place to work
Reward Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2016
Great company and very much going places in the future
Flexible working is very much available to the majority of staff
Flexible benefits is very much at the forefront of employee retention
Just about average
Finance dept (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG23 December 2015
No better or worse than any other company, some great people, some not so great people. Some good benefits like extra holiday salary sacrifice. Offices are in a converted warehouse.
industrial cleaning
High level cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 September 2015
A typical day is high level cleaning to machinery and pipe work. Ive gained my ipaf licence for scissor lift. management are great.I get on with my co workers really well.The hardest part is cleaning in the roof void area.
Pros
got my ipaf licence
Cons
working in very dusty atmosphere
great place to work great people i enjoyd my work and i liketo work for them again
catering and cleaning and retail (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG14 May 2015
I had to serve customers handling food money cleaning up after my duty.i had to check stock make sure everythink is ready for the next day.i worked from 7.30am till 3.pm
Pros
we have free lunch wsh was nice
Cons
no cons great place to work
Good pay, very professional and friendly staff
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester9 July 2014
Been working with Sodexo for 7 years and can honestly say it is a good company to work for. Even though I work on the weekends the pay is motivating the staff are friendly and find it a enjoyable atmosphere.
Beneficial
SAP Security consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG9 April 2014
My Sodexo experience was a positive and beneficial one. I learned a lot in my time at the company and have came away more confident and knowledgeable.
unique job
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  manchester13 March 2014
never experienced this kind of job
experienced
trained for passport to food safety and health and safety
Pros
free food, team work, clensines
Cons
nothing at all
Revealing
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG2 February 2014
I start at 7.30am and go into theatres and eye clinics to ensure the cleaning has been carried out to standards set by NHS management.
I then need to enter my findings onto a table database system. Any complaints made have to be fed back to management. I like to think I make a difference and ensure standards are kept for the safety of all NHS patients so the job is important.
I enjoy chatting to the staff and making sure things are done properly.
Pros
10 percent discount in coffee shops
Cons
early start
prisoner custody officer
Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  manchester7 December 2013
My role as an officer gives me a lot of responsibility including the security, supervision, training and rehabilitation of people committed to prison. My role entails motivating prisoners to change their behaviour so they may leave prison with what may be new life skills that they may never have been exposed to before. My role is to be non-judgemental, supportive and to act as a role model so prisoners may rehabilitate within a safe and healthy environment.
In addition to my custodial duties, I must ensure that I am able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with prisoners by balancing authority with understanding and compassion, in order to facilitate effective rehabilitation.
The nature of my role demands the ability to think on your feet, make quick decisions and deal effectively with the unexpected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K