Sodexo Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Prdoctive working place
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 December 2016
Everyday working for Sodexo was the same. Serving breakfast and lunch to college students and staff. During my time working for sodexo i learned how to treat people with more respect unlike my manager did to me. The manager i had was cheeky not helpful at all not every nice to customers either. My co-workers were great i got on well with them all. the hardest part of the job was having to face my boss everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job was having a laugh and bit of fun with my teammates and meeting new people.
Ideal for students
General worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow7 May 2015
Extremely flexible and appealing to students who are wanting to work during their university year. mostly working football games at Hampden but can also gain racecourse shifts in summer months.
Pros
Free meals after 6 hours
Cons
Sporadic shifts
patient transportation within a busy hospital enviorment
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT28 February 2015
typical day involved transporting patients to the various departments within the hospital
working shifts on a rota basis working 37.5 hours per
week 5 days out of seven
relaxed work place
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT5 February 2015
All the supervisors and chefs treated us like friends. Everyone was friendly and understanding. The hours were long and you were constantly running up and down but co-workers made it more fun and enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
enjoy working in kitchen
Assistant cook / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  glasgow14 January 2015
i enjoyed working for sodexo typical day at work was getting staff ready for service making breakfast,lunch,grab,go etc giving great customer service and just enjoying my job supervised all aspects of job, run the unit most times ,stock control,cash handling ,banking ,vending ,orders hospitality,
Productive and fun workplace
counter attendant and cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT26 September 2014
Nice work experience and learnt a lot, the management team were awesome and i enjoyed working as a team
Pros
free lunch and bonuses
Cons
working in the commonwealth athletes village was a pleasure.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 August 2014
I would book into work at 9.50 pm i was shown how to collect orders and deliver the required orders to designated areas .
There was a few teams of designated people for orders from the walk in fridge or from the warehouse .
Management were always on hand if the need arouse or if there was a problem a charge hand was always available to remedy the situation .
Sodexo took great care of all members of staff be it management or on the floor a real pleasure to work for and play a part in the commonwealth games in glasgow .
i was shown how to wrap pallets for safety and had to account for any stock delivered to my station .
Pros
friendly atmosphere and great management rappore .
Cons
Good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT3 July 2014
Start worked at morning
very high standard cleaning ,laundry
Management good
Co-workers very good and friendly
Pros
good salary
Cons
double pay saturday
Large company, lots of to work for upcomming games
Team Leader at Commonwealth (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 June 2014
Having a team brefing at the start of every shift, knowedge of what might be going on. At a new place of work is all ways a learning day. All members of the management are allways on shift to help in any way with problems that might happen. Team members are a good and enjoyable crew. Job that i find hardest is possible long hours and not knowing shift patterns. What i find good about my day is that there is allways something new to be learning and being part of a great company.
Pros
Free Parking, lunches, learning on the Job.
Cons
No set weekley hours
Excellent place to work
Domestic/Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Edrington Group.19 May 2014
I gained a lot of experience and training working here. I got on very well with all my work mates and management. If I didn't have to change my working hours, then I would gladly stay employed here.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
Runner/Kiosk Worker/Bar Tending/Supervisor/Stock (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 November 2013
I loved working for sodexo, they gave me lots of opportunity to progress in the work place, they give lots of hours if you're ready for it. They are also willing to train you along the way. They taught me a great amount of things, such as supervising, money handling, stock orders, distribution of stock, and a great deal more. The staff were the best to get along with and there was a great friendly atmosphere within the work place. The hardest part was the long hours, but I chose to do these personally.
Pros
Free lunch, nice staff.
productive
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Glasgow30 June 2013
as a team leader no two shifts are aver the same and you are always learning something new.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
casual work
relaxed and fun place to work
team member (Current Employee) –  glasgow1 April 2013
If I am in the kiosks then I would pick my till and start counting out the money, checking all the correct money is in the till. I would help the team leader make sure everything was ready and set out make sure all the burns were filled and crisps ect would be out ready to serve to the public. Once people are allowed into the stadium I would start serving, its good as it keeps you busy but not too busy were you are stressing and the company you get with other staff and managers is great always talking away and making sure you are all right. working in a kiosk has a lot to do with team work as if your doing something and someone else is doing about 10 other things you can always try and help out to keep the lines down and be as productive as possible.Its a great place to work and the best bit about the job is meeting new people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
you dont get a shift every week