Sodexo Employee Reviews

Bullying Management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire9 October 2018
The Management are bully's and senior staff from head office are happy to say it is classed as Bantering . You are worked like dogs for a low wage and expected to do extra hours without pay while the management and supervisor are happy to sit in the office all day mucking around .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bullying
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London6 October 2018
Great company nice people location is very good management is very good everyone is very helpful would recommend anyone to work here very good experience in lot of areas
Pros
Cheap drinks
Colchester
Supervisor Retail (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex28 September 2018
Worst company ever I have worked for.i worked there for 13 years was excellent at beginning but I’ve had 9 yes 9 different managers so no continuity staff turnover shocking
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Bad management
Web Developer
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 September 2018
I worked for a company called P&MM who where located in the Warwick, the company was then bought by Sodexo and the office moved to Milton Keynes. When the company was purchased the following promises where made to the staff from the Warwick office;

- We could work from home 3 days a week.
- We could have flexi time, meaning we could work any hours as long as the 7.5 hours a day was completed.
- We would have all of our expenses for travelling refunded as well as any additional funds we used when travelling. This was only for the first year after the move.
- Pay rise would be given.

For the first year after the move everything promised was given and the job was really good. BUT after a year Sodexo went back on everything they promised and removed working from home, flexi time and expenses (The expenses was the only thing due to expire after the first year.)

Sodexo hired a new IT manager which had the worst attitude and really didn't care about his team, the director was too scared/shy I guess to stand up to the manager.

This manager was the one responsible for breaking the promises made to us, he was also very aggressive and when ever the topic was brought up he refused to listen to reason.

We where given two weeks notice for the chnage in time in office, no flexibility was given.

It was either his way or we whee told to walk.

So I walked.

I don't recommend working for them at all, also I wouldn't believe anything you are told by them.

My fellow programmers where brilliant people, even know a lot of them have now left.

Stay away from Sodexo Milton
  more... Keynes  less
Pros
awesome colleagues, good benefits such as child care.
Cons
Management don't care, they lie
Ok
Staff Shop Sales & Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead19 September 2018
It was an average company to work for. Minimum wage role with not much progression. Management very settled in roles when i was working there. Not a huge amount of challenge in the role.
Fun work place
bar tender (Former Employee) –  Ascot, Berkshire6 September 2018
fantastic way of developing people skill and networking, an enjoyable atmosphere. It was my first role which involved working amongst a team, enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
free lunches
Abiente laboral
Assistante (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2018
Estable para trabajar,aprender mucho con la empresa
Scandalous job description and salary
Oil company employee (Current Employee) –  Not employed30 August 2018
I am employed on an offshore installation where Sodexho have recently aquired the catering contract. They aquire contracts by undercutting other contractors by offering reduced manning levels as an incentive to oil companies to give them contracts. Oil Companies to their own discredit know that the offered manning levels in the contract are rediculously low. The postion offered as Steward / Heliadmin and providing radio cover during helicopters were all individual job positions offshore at one point but have now been combined into 1 role.
Work for this company at your peril! Stress, burn out due long hours and addittional unplanned extra working hours are not mentioned in the job description but are a fact of life in this role. This has a huge impact on an individuals safety performance and to the safety of their colleagues / fellow workers.
The wages may apoear to be high but trust me they are disgracefully low compared with the industry average.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, Onshore management that don't llsten.
Challenging
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen FC, Pittodrie Stadium24 August 2018
Working at Sodexo gave me the experience of interacting with customers of different needs. It taught me to work under pressure and deal with complaints. I will be able to bring these acquired skills along with my work ethic, motivation and confidence, which has always been at a high level.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work not very consistant
Catering and serving (Former Employee) –  Swindon21 August 2018
Great place to work and everyone worked hard together as part of a team to ensure each shift went as smoothly as possible. Fun place to work but just and constant
Pros
Term time
Cons
Pay not excellent
A typical day
Cleaner (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  130 Station Road, Sidcup, DA157AX13 August 2018
Anytime I would be in for work I would be content and understand exactly what needs to be done. Other staff were really helpful and made doing certain jobs easier by always being readily available to help when necessary.
Not the worst company I've worked for
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Royal Stoke University Hospital10 August 2018
Worked for sodexo for approximately 6 months, doing night shifts. Loved my job but unfortunately the pay is poor towards what people with a trust contract get. If they paid the same rate of pay then they would be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor pay
Casual work
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 August 2018
I worked here twice from April-May 2017 then August 2017-April 2018. Although the shifts were easy always 4 hour shifts when a Newcastle match was on. i worked on food kiosk, serving food, and bottles of alcohol.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
bad management
Good company
General Manager Toyota GB (Former Employee) –  Epsom7 August 2018
Good company to work for, great pay rates and benefits only down side is that Sodexo clients call the shots as Sodexo can only see the £ signs.

Profit above people is not the best business model but it works for Sodexo.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and driven by profit
Absolurely Dreadful Company
none now (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire4 August 2018
Steer well clear from this vile company! Loyal staff made redundant and replaced by agencies after months of false hope. A number of employees, such as myself have been with the company for multiple years to be told that a temp will be replacing us.No empathy shown at all. All we have been offered by them is the opportunity to apply for jobs that are not geographically suitable neither financially! Malicious and nasty company that show no heart. I would not recommend Sodexo to my worst enemy, nobody deserves this treatment. Dispicable!
Pros
a few cheap toiletries but thats about it.
Cons
all about money with this company. lack of faith with higher management.
A good place to work
HMP Northumberland - Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland2 August 2018
The team spirit within the work place is high and working in a team.
It is a hard job but satisfying when you see the out come and see a resident reform back into society.
Pros
team work
Cons
can be challenging
varied but stressfull
Operational Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough31 July 2018
Long hours, constantly short staffed. The role was varied with training given to cover all aspects of the job. Very little backing from management, guilty until proven innocent.
Pros
Uniform provided, free parking, meals on duty plus other company benefits
Cons
long hours, no backing, stressfull
Great company to work for
Catering Sales Assistant is the day (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 July 2018
I loved working for Sodexo they where a great company. I worked in the courts in Glasgow witch I had lots of different jobs to do sometimes I would be in the kitchen.
Not Brilliant
Hard Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 July 2018
A decent company but spoiled by poor management at operational level. The systems and the ethos are clear and well laid out, but the implementation is way off. People are utterly disposable if the budget is not making the operational managers look good. Staff turnover is appalling through stress and poor support. I have never seen a company that treats its staff so badly - but this is because Sodexo doesn't necessarily know what the operational managers are up to. Smoke and mirrors springs to mind.
Pros
Sodexo is a big brand that means well
Cons
Awful operational managers
ths
part time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead24 July 2018
It's a cleaning job like any other you have to clean and that's about it there are other cleaners there also and that's all there is to it this is all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54K