Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 783 reviews matching the search See all 11,009 reviews
Not the worst company I've worked for
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Royal Stoke University Hospital10 August 2018
Worked for sodexo for approximately 6 months, doing night shifts. Loved my job but unfortunately the pay is poor towards what people with a trust contract get. If they paid the same rate of pay then they would be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor pay
Casual work
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 August 2018
I worked here twice from April-May 2017 then August 2017-April 2018. Although the shifts were easy always 4 hour shifts when a Newcastle match was on. i worked on food kiosk, serving food, and bottles of alcohol.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
bad management
Good company
General Manager Toyota GB (Former Employee) –  Epsom7 August 2018
Good company to work for, great pay rates and benefits only down side is that Sodexo clients call the shots as Sodexo can only see the £ signs.

Profit above people is not the best business model but it works for Sodexo.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and driven by profit
Absolurely Dreadful Company
none now (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire4 August 2018
Steer well clear from this vile company! Loyal staff made redundant and replaced by agencies after months of false hope. A number of employees, such as myself have been with the company for multiple years to be told that a temp will be replacing us.No empathy shown at all. All we have been offered by them is the opportunity to apply for jobs that are not geographically suitable neither financially! Malicious and nasty company that show no heart. I would not recommend Sodexo to my worst enemy, nobody deserves this treatment. Dispicable!
Pros
a few cheap toiletries but thats about it.
Cons
all about money with this company. lack of faith with higher management.
A good place to work
HMP Northumberland - Prison Officer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland2 August 2018
The team spirit within the work place is high and working in a team.
It is a hard job but satisfying when you see the out come and see a resident reform back into society.
Pros
team work
Cons
can be challenging
varied but stressfull
Operational Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough31 July 2018
Long hours, constantly short staffed. The role was varied with training given to cover all aspects of the job. Very little backing from management, guilty until proven innocent.
Pros
Uniform provided, free parking, meals on duty plus other company benefits
Cons
long hours, no backing, stressfull
Great company to work for
Catering Sales Assistant is the day (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 July 2018
I loved working for Sodexo they where a great company. I worked in the courts in Glasgow witch I had lots of different jobs to do sometimes I would be in the kitchen.
Not Brilliant
Hard Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 July 2018
A decent company but spoiled by poor management at operational level. The systems and the ethos are clear and well laid out, but the implementation is way off. People are utterly disposable if the budget is not making the operational managers look good. Staff turnover is appalling through stress and poor support. I have never seen a company that treats its staff so badly - but this is because Sodexo doesn't necessarily know what the operational managers are up to. Smoke and mirrors springs to mind.
Pros
Sodexo is a big brand that means well
Cons
Awful operational managers
ths
part time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead24 July 2018
It's a cleaning job like any other you have to clean and that's about it there are other cleaners there also and that's all there is to it this is all
Decent pay for unskilled workers
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Sutton Bonington, Nottinghamshire19 July 2018
Sodexo gave reasonably flexible hours and a good hourly wage for unskilled and unexperienced workers however I did not enjoy working there, the atmosphere was reasonably hostile and the senior staff were quite incompetent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short Shifts
Badly managed
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wales15 July 2018
Absolute, horrendous company to work for, bad attitudes and bosses driving the work force into the ground, illness is frowned upon and overall treated as a dogs body
Pros
£3.50 meal allowance
Cons
Unpaid overtime, unsafe work place, and unfairly treated
Good working enviroment
Domestic Services Manager (Former Employee) –  York12 July 2018
Overall a great job ,high management easy to talk to, sorry we lost the contract .salary could have been better for the job role ,but liked the hours Monday to Friday which suited the family. Hard work but fun as every one worked as a team. it would have been good to have lunches at a reduced price as we worked in a catering environment,the hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to cover all the aspects of the job but still having to deliver the same high service. Free car parking !.
Pros
Flexaible
Cons
salary could have been better
Productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 July 2018
Sodexo is a great organisation to work for and is very flexible. Great environment to work around and the staff are all exceptional and great to be around.
I agree avoid like the plague
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  HMP Nortumberland8 July 2018
Worst thing that ever Happened to HMP Northumberland, was Sodexo, taking over the running, half the uniformed staff with twice as much work. Violence and drugs are rife, and the majority of new uniformed staff are so young, they are barely out of school.All Sodexo care about is profit,
Went from being a great place to work to one where you are always looking over your shoulder as you don’t feel safe.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
n/a
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester7 July 2018
Good place to work. Positive future prospects if you want to take on a role forward. Career development opportunities. Additionally, new learning possibilities
Good atmospher
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 July 2018
Good for flexible work, staff are really friendly as well as helpful. They train you in the perfession you want to do, so it greate for work experience or a first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Irregular work
Only left as made redundant
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow4 July 2018
A good place to work
Good salary and conditions
Good atmosphere
Only left because I was made redundant
Good job for engaging with people
Good management involvement
avoid like the plague
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  forest bank3 July 2018
no day is the same for sure, one day you could have a shift with no issues the next day it can be non stop issues from the moment you walk in with no staff and none stop incidents all over. Aswell as the jail being at breaking point and staff leaving quicker than they can be employed. if you don't mind long hours not getting payed for the time you are being forced to stay and management that don't care if you finish your shift in one piece or get put in hospital then you have found the right place. Sodexo ruining staff lives for better profit
Pros
no day is the same
Cons
politics among staff and watch your own back culture rife
Not great
patient service assistant (Former Employee) –  barnstaple3 July 2018
working with the public was great and the people who work for sodexo are great, but the management really aren't up to scratch, too horrible and will not take care of you as the
Dreadful, awful, nasty company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 June 2018
I worked there for nine and a half years and I wish I hadn't. The amount of abuse that I had to put up with from managers and colleagues alike was nothing short of jaw dropping. So a piece of advice I would give you would be this. Do not, under any circumstances work for sodexo ever. Particularly the sites in Bracknell. Stay away from anything at Cain Road. The managers there are monsters, literally. They've had 17 people leave in one year alone.
Pros
When you come to your senses and quit.
Cons
Rubbish pay, awful managers, even more dreadful area managers and just generally everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K