Sodexo

United Kingdom1,115 reviews
Found 1,115 reviews matching the search
Not too bad
A few broken promises
Starts off well but once they have you your just another number to them how ever pay is pretty decent if you can get the hours
Great floor managers
I've worked in a box on the 6th floor of the Grandstand for over 10yrs now and it never feels like a chore going in on race days (except for the maybe the last day of Royal week - by then you're shattered!).
It's like a family, we all get on well and this is borne from the floor manager and her team.
Pros
Lunch bags & uniform
Cons
The car park can be a long walk away at the end of a busy day and muddy!
Stressful and a hard place to work in catering...
The management doesn't manage properly .. same mistakes keep repeating on daily basis, manager doesn't care.

Whoever deals with contact details ( HR maybe ) are doing a poor job, or just being sloppy for the sake of it.

Mail being delivered to old address & new address ... how hard is it to replace the contact details.
Terrible pay not the best employer.
Don't give extra for night work. Overtime normal rate. So refuse and get them to get in agency. That's what we have agreed.
Rumours new booking on system. Online forums saying it's riddled with issues and the reviews on app store are terrible! They can provide the means to log in.

Pay never late but pay slip is confusing at times
Avoid
I won't recommended to anyone to work for sodexo especially the ones in London ,
The job itself are ok, but the management are useless, abusive,stressful
Awful company
Worked twice for Sodexo grounds maintenance in Gosport and couldn’t wait to finally pluck up the courage to quit and leave!!, horrible job,horrible miserable manager who wanted to make staff miserable but make out to the GBC client everything is going well, trackers on vans and always being watched, they want a work force of robots and yes men
All management I work with all think there better then staff under them. They don't respect staff its always negative they make work stressful. They don't help staff with progression within sodexo unless it benefits them doesnt matter how hard you work they will always fing a way to knock you down and make themselves look good in front of others. Much doesn't bother me but having a management team that doesn't take notice of all staff under them bothers me the lack of respect they have it's disgusting and disrespectful knowing they only do there jobs well is because off the staff they got.
Pros
I have a job the pay is OK and the staff I work with a great
Cons
People getting management positions without experience or knowledge, disrespectful
Terrible managers
Worked at Staughton House for a number of years. The problems I found all stem from incompetent managers. Once the entire unit was sat down and told we were all under investigation for theft as money had gone missing from a till. The unit manageress had actually counted the £20 notes as tenners. Never apologised or came back to us to say. Also alot of favoritism. Gossips and sweetie wives favoured over hard workers. You had to be the type to run in and out of the office telling tales about your colleagues to get ahead. Hard work was not important. This behaviour was encouraged by the very unprofessional manager and assistant manager.
A very diversity workplace to be in with...
A sense of family among team members. Giving employees the freedom to learn and grow. A culture of continuous improvement. Paying attention to employee recognition and appreciation and having a special way to recognize and honor good work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Whenever available
Otimo
Otimo emprego salario justo amei fazer parte dessa equipe
fun work place, easy and enjoyable
early mornings, early finishes, suited me very well as a 16 year old. Thus was my first job, I enjoyed the process of learning new skills and being able to earn my own money.
You are only a number when you work with this company
I worked with one of Sodexo run prison in Ashford in Middlesex , the job itself was rewarding , but the management don’t care about staff, discrimination against black officers ,they fail you based on the colour of your skin, there is no care on the colour of your skin, discrimination is raw , I suffered ptsd aintentionfaiblack officers during exams , training etc . I had post t
Useless management
Worked under two supervisors during match days, as a student, at the Brighton and hove football stadium. First supervisor seemed almost too calm and didn’t do anything, spent more time on her phone than working and overseeing new employees. Gave very minimal training and left new employees to their own devices. Second supervisor was overly stressed and would get angry with employees despite never giving proper instructions or training. Recently they offered new jobs out but lied about the opportunity. When contacted about the job me and others were led to believe it was a temporary full time job with full on site training but when we arrived for training we got none at all and then were split into two groups one of which was given the job offered while the other was kept as essentially a backup for sicknesses or quitters. Management across all forms of jobs were awful and a large group of their employees were misled about a job opportunity.
Stressful
Hard work, stressful and dangerous to a point where management don’t care! It’s a demanding job however your underpaid for the work you do and it’s not a good job if you have a family!
Flexible but poor job culture
Worked at a large Sodexo site for 3 years.

Management was great. Good job to have as a student needing some flexibility.

I worked on a zero-hour contract where staff were constantly jumbled around between different work stations. It was difficult to bond with fellow colleagues because of this.

Some of my fellow supervisors treated staff poorly. This meant hard-working colleagues didn't get the recognition they deserved and contributed to a poor work environment for many staff.
Pros
+ Very Flexible, + Well Management, + Easy to learn
Cons
- Poor job culture
Would highly recommend NOT applying
From a personal experience of working for sodexo, I would highly recommend to NOT apply. You get treated extremely unfairly, management are bullies (physically and mentally abusive)!! There is also no way of progression.
Not great
Not the best to work for
Management are very self centred with no consideration to people’s feelings.

All in all depressing company to work for. Some of our security team were very good and friendly whilst others bullied and were racist to others. Management did nothing to amend this for those that suffered but seemed to award the not so good team members.
No one cares
Each day is different but with he same problems. Short staff to blame for the poor running of the prison when the real reason is it's poorly managed. From the top to the bottom there are not many people who care most are only it for themselves.

It is a good expiration for anyone who is looking to move to the police or the SPS. Definitely not a job for life like i'd hoped.
Dreadful management
The site I'm based at the Sodexo low level management are horrible too work under. They think they should shout jump and we've to ask how high. No respect for their staff and take tantrums when we stand up for our self's. They keep banging on about us being part of a team and yet won't muck in and help saying they're exempt from doing what they expect everyone else to do
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Management who can't manage. And poor level of pay for what we do
Good - the company listened when we had problems
Recently been TUPE'd to another company who are the total opposite. All I'll say about my job now is bring back SODEXO. Not the highest paid but as an administrator I was paid more than less skilled roles. New company - am on the same pay as cleaners and caterers
Pros
Able to buy extra leave if required
Cons
None in my role
very busy work place
come in to work prep up , stock up counter and serve customers there food , clean down , check stock levels , ordering etc have a chat with head chef/sous chef about any issues , go home