Société Générale

Société Générale Employee Reviews

United Kingdom65 reviews
I enjoyed working here as the culture is very welcoming and friendly. It also had a good working atmosphere and a lot of the people socialised outside of work.
Very nice organization to work with. I worked within the structured finance group. The role involved working as a Business analyst and also taking the added responsibility of Project Management. The manager was very nice and helpful.
Great colleagues, stressful at times due to lack of knowledge within other teams that you rely on. Difficult processes to follow to complete simple tasks means work progresses slowly. You do feel appreciated and senior management send good messages and seem to value the staff.
actually I am a subcontractor for societe Generale, I am employee of ISS Security company. so company itself is very good but I would like to work in different fields rather then Security. Thank you,
Brand new building in canary wharf a plus but location not great for my commute. on the whole it is a well paid job and a diverse culture which is forward thinking.
Pros
Free fruit and refreshments
Fairly relaxed in my department but times when focus and a high degree of seriousness is required.

Very nice office and a focus on social contract and flexible working which is very good.

People are nice and willing to share information.
Competitive and stressful but a good environment to work. You feel like a team with your colleagues as you all work together to achieve the best you can for the company
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very poor development of junior staff who are all on short-term temporary contracts. Hence, salaries are also low.
Both middle and senior management is very weak, but good at playing politics.

Extremely bureaucratic and will shut down any ideas to change existing procedures.

Toxic
Pure French culture and no room for career development. It’s not a good place very experienced people who have ambition. On this basis, I won’t recommend this bank to anyone
Una Compañía excelente para la cual trabajar y pertenecer
El trato al personal y las opciones de desarrollarse y promoción dentro de la empresa son muy óptimas
It was a great business with nice people, however they are a little rudderless with their strategy. They started to business development with my new position and then after four years decided to close due to head office restrictions.
Good work-life balance
I enjoyed working for almost 9 years over here. They use latest tech, if you are a go-getter, you will have lots of opportunity here.
Developing systemic solutions for everyday finance functions across a range of disparate legacy processes and IT systems including proof of concept demo's, business requirements translations etc
Some good people who know what they are talking about surrounded by individuals whose sole purpose at work is to 'tick boxes' and to not take responsibility. Impossible to determine how success is actually measured, project over runs and budget overspends do not appear to be a obstacle to career progression, particularly if you are French.
good pay, everyone was friendly and helpful when working as a team, benefits are also pretty good. however, limited progression as a trainee as they like to keep you as a trainee fir a bit of time with no guarantee of further progression either within your role or different roles in the company.
Pros
good pay/holiday
Cons
limited progression further within the company
Societe generale gave me my first opportunity to work abroad thanks to their really strong VIE program.
It's one of the biggest european bank and it was highly interesting
Typical office hours are 9-5 Mon to Friday.
Company headcount has increased dramatically over the last 5 years.

Generous company benefits and 25 days annual leave.
Pros
Defined working hours
Cons
Inconsistent management approach
Working at SG has been a great challenge given the fact that I was still finishing my master's degree. Nevertheless, the learning curve has assist me to be able to overcome any challenges.
Good work environment
Satisfying work life balance

Compensation lower than competitors

A good place to start your career
Good team work
Interesting missions in a friendly environment

Good learning curve and interesting potential carrer evolution

excellent work life balance
work is somewhat dull and repetitive and you are a small person in a huge eco-system but they value their interns as any other regular employee.
Work life balance respected in Audit