Snowdome

Snowdome Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
The Snowdome is a good place to work if you want to build up your confidence and communication skills. They pay a fair salary, give you decent hours and you get a lot of bonuses with the job, like a 50% discount off of their great gym, and you get to go onto any session for free as long as you discuss it with a supervisor/manager beforehand.
Pros
50% off of the gym.
Cons
Long hours working in the cold.
For a temporary job it was good money. Easy work with great hours which worked out well along side a-levels. No real issues other than having to be quick preparing for the next sessions.
Treated like slaves they pay a ridiculous low wage for the amount of hard labour they expect to be done for them. The management sit there doing nothing barking out orders.
work place was well organised when seeing to customers and making sure they enjoy their day. training was very well thought out and insured every team member was well prepared for their area and knew how other areas of the experience worked also.
Management have no clue what they are doing, very stressful, some big changes need to happen there. A lot of unhappy customers complaining about things going wrong out of my reach purely down to management and front desk
Management- Terrible
Uniform provided- not correct for environment

Health and safety- Terrible as always injured after every shift

Staff not treated right

Pay is rubbish for what you do

Not a safe job for a 16 year old

Favouritism of staff is huge there

So many lazy members of staff

Terrible working hours

Avoid this job
Pros
Free use of some things
Cons
This is a great place to work. Having dedicated so many years to this business and thank them very much for the development and the training that i received. The team was amazing and always welcoming from the manger of poolside to the head of the business.
Good place to work but too much favouritism with staff who don’t know what they’re doing but get too friendly with management and get away with everything.
handling heavy equipment or handling sks snowboards
skis and snowboards

not very nice

the uniform given is not suitabke for grip or warmth

customers dont like listening to the rules

friendly staff
Pros
hardly stressful
Cons
pay is bad for what you do
I would describe The Snowdome is a valuable place of employment for both teenagers looking for a part time job (due to its impressive flexibility), or anybody interested in winter sports who would be able to take advantage of the incredibly valuable staff perks.

That being said, there are some obvious operational deficiencies within the company, and it would benefit from some work, and areas of the building are definitely treated preferentially.
Pros
Use of the Ski Slope, Ice Rink and discount Gym Membership
Cons
Bad rate of Pay, issues with management.
Worked on the 2017 Santa’s Winter Wonderland, just to earn some money in the build up to Christmas whilst studying!

Starting with the good:

Absolutely the best job ever from a Social aspect, I’ve kept in touch with people I made friends with when I worked there, It was great for meeting new people

An invite to the March annual ‘Lock in party’ with 4 free drinks tokens as a thank you for working there was a nice touch, as was a lunch organised by my managers on our final shift

My 3 line managers were superb, always looked out for their customers

Free entry to activities

Easy to balance with studies

However the bad:

Minimum wage, for the work we did I personally felt we deserved a little more than minimum wage

The management of the whole business, not my line managers (as previously stated they were faultless) I thought were a little bit unapproachable and condescending who looked down on you a bit

No real structure in terms of lunch hours

Had to pay full price for staff food in the aspen restaurant (£4 for a small portion of skinny fries)

All in all, I’d recommend this job to anyone looking to earn an honest wage who is under 18 or studying at college and sixth form
Pros
Social
Cons
Pay
a typocal day at work was answeing the phones and helping out customers, i learned till skills and how to use booking systems
the management was good.
Pros
free entry
Cons
Nice company to work for, employ lots of young people and give them chances to advance in their career. Most staff are pleasant and professional, pay isnt great but the advancement opportunities are there and a good chance to gain experience to move on elsewhere.
Pros
discounted or free activities, fun environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
cold, low pay rate
could always have a laugh and enjoy yourself at work here wether that be with customers or with the other staff members was always a friendly relaxed working environment
The job is different day to day, lots of variation with a nice team.

Zero hour contract difficult to deal with, but works for some people.

Friendly team! Like a family.
Pros
Family fun
Cons
Pay for food
It is an enjoyable place to work and all the team are willing to help each other whenever its needed. Managers are easy to approach when needed an sort any problems you have in a professional way.
It's a great place to work. It's fun and lively. You have to enjoy engaging with customers and be willing to work a range of weekends, evenings and bank holidays - including christmas.
Pros
Free use of the facilities and Great Team
Cons
Management have no clue
The Snowdome is a great place to work as a student and young adult. However the one thing it isn't good for is how much they pay you. but i felt for me that the benefits out weighed the pay.
Gained a lot of experience. I have knowledge on customer service. Speaking to customers and dealing with complaints. Working in a team well. Skills of serving customers.
Pros
Discount off lunch and facilities.
Cons
Distance
a typical day at work, for a chef, would be to complete the rise en place, place orders and complete service. however, the lack of man-management skills, from those in superior positions, make the company a difficult place to work.
it does pay well however
A typical day would be a shift, short or long with one other lifeguard, where we kept the pool safe and helped maintain the standard of the pool. I learned a lot of customer service as the members of public in the swimming pool were quite varied with age etc. IT was run very well by the management. Co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The most enjoyable was the people I met there.
Pros
flexible shifts