Snowdome Employee Reviews

Dont work here if you are looking for a good job
Snow and Ice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire18 September 2019
Management- Terrible
Uniform provided- not correct for environment
Health and safety- Terrible as always injured after every shift
Staff not treated right
Pay is rubbish for what you do
Not a safe job for a 16 year old
Favouritism of staff is huge there
So many lazy members of staff
Terrible working hours

Avoid this job
Pros
Free use of some things
Meh
Night groomer (Former Employee) –  Tamworth12 August 2019
Good place to work but too much favouritism with staff who don’t know what they’re doing but get too friendly with management and get away with everything.
It's okay for a beginning part time job
Snow Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth7 July 2019
handling heavy equipment or handling sks snowboards
skis and snowboards
not very nice
the uniform given is not suitabke for grip or warmth
customers dont like listening to the rules
friendly staff
Pros
hardly stressful
Cons
pay is bad for what you do
A Good First Job for Teenagers
Snow and Ice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tamworth30 January 2019
I would describe The Snowdome is a valuable place of employment for both teenagers looking for a part time job (due to its impressive flexibility), or anybody interested in winter sports who would be able to take advantage of the incredibly valuable staff perks.

That being said, there are some obvious operational deficiencies within the company, and it would benefit from some work, and areas of the building are definitely treated preferentially.
Pros
Use of the Ski Slope, Ice Rink and discount Gym Membership
Cons
Bad rate of Pay, issues with management.
A mixture of Good and Bad
Santa’s Winter Wonderland Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire30 September 2018
Worked on the 2017 Santa’s Winter Wonderland, just to earn some money in the build up to Christmas whilst studying!

Starting with the good:

Absolutely the best job ever from a Social aspect, I’ve kept in touch with people I made friends with when I worked there, It was great for meeting new people

An invite to the March annual ‘Lock in party’ with 4 free drinks tokens as a thank you for working there was a nice touch, as was a lunch organised by my managers on our final shift

My 3 line managers were superb, always looked out for their customers

Free entry to activities

Easy to balance with studies

However the bad:

Minimum wage, for the work we did I personally felt we deserved a little more than minimum wage

The management of the whole business, not my line managers (as previously stated they were faultless) I thought were a little bit unapproachable and condescending who looked down on you a bit

No real structure in terms of lunch hours

Had to pay full price for staff food in the aspen restaurant (£4 for a small portion of skinny fries)

All in all, I’d recommend this job to anyone looking to earn an honest wage who is under 18 or studying at college and sixth form
Pros
Social
Cons
Pay
a fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire20 June 2018
a typocal day at work was answeing the phones and helping out customers, i learned till skills and how to use booking systems
the management was good.
Pros
free entry
Good Company with opportunities
Reception supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire5 May 2018
Nice company to work for, employ lots of young people and give them chances to advance in their career. Most staff are pleasant and professional, pay isnt great but the advancement opportunities are there and a good chance to gain experience to move on elsewhere.
Pros
discounted or free activities, fun environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
cold, low pay rate
great place to work
Ice Marshall / instructor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth21 March 2018
could always have a laugh and enjoy yourself at work here wether that be with customers or with the other staff members was always a friendly relaxed working environment
Fun place to work
Guest Host (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire11 December 2017
The job is different day to day, lots of variation with a nice team.

Zero hour contract difficult to deal with, but works for some people.

Friendly team! Like a family.
Pros
Family fun
Cons
Pay for food
Night Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Tamworth9 September 2017
It is an enjoyable place to work and all the team are willing to help each other whenever its needed. Managers are easy to approach when needed an sort any problems you have in a professional way.
The People Make the Job
Ski hire assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire12 July 2017
It's a great place to work. It's fun and lively. You have to enjoy engaging with customers and be willing to work a range of weekends, evenings and bank holidays - including christmas.
Pros
Free use of the facilities and Great Team
Cons
Management have no clue
loved working here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire22 April 2017
The Snowdome is a great place to work as a student and young adult. However the one thing it isn't good for is how much they pay you. but i felt for me that the benefits out weighed the pay.
Fun workplace
Temporary Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth7 August 2016
Gained a lot of experience. I have knowledge on customer service. Speaking to customers and dealing with complaints. Working in a team well. Skills of serving customers.
Pros
Discount off lunch and facilities.
Cons
Distance
lack of backbone of managers provide an undesirable place to work
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Tamworth19 July 2016
a typical day at work, for a chef, would be to complete the rise en place, place orders and complete service. however, the lack of man-management skills, from those in superior positions, make the company a difficult place to work.
it does pay well however
Well run and look after staff in a professional manner
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tamworth23 May 2016
A typical day would be a shift, short or long with one other lifeguard, where we kept the pool safe and helped maintain the standard of the pool. I learned a lot of customer service as the members of public in the swimming pool were quite varied with age etc. IT was run very well by the management. Co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The most enjoyable was the people I met there.
Pros
flexible shifts
Fun place to work
Ice Skating Marshall and Coach (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG5 February 2015
In addition to matching the SnowDome's demand for excellent customers service, I developed strong team-working skills and the ability to work under pressure when ensuring the safety of hundreds of customers which skate each session.
fun work place
Cleaner/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG6 November 2014
loved working at the snowdome but had transport problems as i dont drive.
Great place with great people
Santa's Winter Wonderland Experience (Former Employee) –  Tamworth16 January 2014
You'd normally clock in, do a couple hours work, get a break, then do more work. It's a lot of fun and I had a great time working there. Hardest part of the job was probably handling customers who had such ridiculous complaints, but the customer's always right so you just had to handle it as calmly as possible. I loved working with such happy, funny people.
Friendly, family orientated work place.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, ENG14 November 2013
Working as part of a team, where we rest in our own breaks if your not on a break then theres no need to stop work or slow down for any reason, its a tight and tough working area but everyones key is to get the job done. The hardest part of this job would be that the hours can take it out of you but the most enjoyable part is working with people you like to call a family.
Pros
Free activities.
Cons
First experience of dealing with customers in different situations
Ski Hire assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth4 July 2012
My time at snow dome was short but i did learn alot how to interact with customers in multiple situations such as explaing where they should go to helping them to get medical aid. Also as this was my first job i had my first proper experience working with other team members. Managment was ok but from time to time they would make the shift unberable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members i was working with helped me out alot if i had any problems.
Pros
free passes to use the slope in free time
Cons
short hours on low pay