Snapdragons Nurseries Ltd

Snapdragons Nurseries Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
During my time working at snapdragons I have progressed from a nursery apprentice to now managing one of the settings which as been a big accomplishment. I have been amazingly supported through every stage of my development and you quickly begin to feel part of the snapdragons family. I have now been with the company over 10 years!
All of the sites that I have worked in have been extremely warm and welcoming enviroments. Staff members are always willing to lend a hand, managers and members of head office are all very approachable, it really does feel like a family!
Pros
Brilliant Christmas party. Great Holidays.
I’ve not been part of the Snapdragons Team for that long but feel completely settled and very much part of the furniture already. I feel very supported and valued in my role already.
Any training I have been interested in doing the company have supported me and allowed me to do.

I feel that management are very approachable and friendly.

The team I work with are just amazing, they have a real passion for their jobs and just bring a lovely, kind vibe to the setting.

One of the things that has recently stood out to me is how seriously the company takes staff wellbeing.

During lockdown it really felt like being part of a community at Snapdragons, the communication was fantastic and the information that was shared regularly was very reassuring.
Pros
Lovely, friendly staff. Great training opportunities. Career progression. Staff wellbeing is important.
I joined snapdragons nursery as an apprentice and found the enviroment warm and welcoming. It helps people to gain qualification at level 3 to work with children . It is great for people who have a passion in striving to reach every childs needs. The staff are friendly and helpful and find it to be more like a big family. There is plenty of room to progress within the company as their is a wide range of nurseries the manger is compassionate and very supportive. My favourite part is working with the children and helping them develop and bring out their personality
Pros
Friendly enviroment, christmas holiday, birthday leave, developing your career
Cons
Fast paced
I have enjoyed my time working for Snapdragons. When I first started everyone was very welcoming and it took no time at all to feel like i was part of the Snapdragons family.
I have always felt supported and listened to.

Snapdragons have always supported me with my working hours, which work perfectly around my family life.

Granted it is a fast paced job working with Children under 5 but I have always left work feeling like I have achieved something.
Pros
Lovely and Friendly staff. Great atmosphere.
Since working at Atworth it’s been nothing but supportive. We have the luxuries of a small setting with a big companies support. The management of the company are very involved and always come in to see the team. Our team all pull together and help in every task regardless of their job role. There’s always chances for promotions and you are always pushed to your best. When starting there is an intensive probationary period which ensures that you are fully trained to complete your role!
I have only worked for the company since october but from the offset you are made to feel valued and appreciated as an employee. Induction programme provides you with a good foundation before starting on your first day. Lots of staff . Children are the company's priority and money is invested back into the nurseries. Lots of perks for employees to make you feel appreciated. Lots of training opportunities to support you to work your way up your career. Apprentices are supported by the company and given opportunities to gain lots of experience. Teamwork is evident and you are made to feel welcome when starting at the nursery by everyone.
Pros
holiday package, progression opportunities, support network
Snapdragons are an incredibly supportive company to work for and develop your career with. It is really is the best company to work for to demonstrate your passion in early years as they value this and quality care of the children above and beyond anything else. The standards are high but they should be so that the children get the best. Profits are reinvested into the nurseries in resources and equipment and the company are very generous at listening to you if you want something for your room. I have had three promotions in my last 5 years at Snapdragons and feel incredibly valued. The communication to staff across lockdown was amazing and we were kept in the loop constantly with what was happening and when we would likely be returning to work and our wellbeing checked in on.
Pros
Large holiday allowence, career progression, hard work appreciated.
Snapdragons Nursery is a nursery that actually cares. The company have the children's best interests at heart and you can clearly see the amount of care and dedication that travels throughout the company from the owners, head office, management, room leaders and apprentices. Working for Snapdragons for 4 years has been such a privilege and I feel so valued. I started as a toddler room leader and now I am a deputy manager!
Pros
Progression is great! Pay is good! Lots of staff benefits e.g. not working at Christmas, extra holiday entitlement, amazing Christmas party!
Cons
You have to want to work with children, they can be tiring! :)
I love working for Snapdragons as I feel the company always has the child in mind in everything they do.
They help everyone to progress in their career and offer so much support and training.
Pros
Loads of training
Cons
It’s a hard job
Every day is different when working with children but it is so rewarding and I have learnt so much. Snapdragons will give you loads of training you need to progress your career.
I think that Snapdragons has a fun culture as the teams are very close and fun to work with.
It was an interesting and tiring experience. Most felt that you were not treated fairly unless you were high up in the company. Staff working in the rooms felt that there was a clear hierarchy in the nursery, and so the atmosphere wasn't great. Often changes in the routine, planning, and layout of rooms without much consultation left staff demotivated. If child ratios were low they soon sent you to work with toddlers, babies or preschoolers, not giving much time for EYFS observations of children's learning. I agree that their main concern aside from the children was making money, regardless of how this affected their employees.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Long hours, low pay and a hierarchical structure.
Snapdragons is a fantastic company to work for, in my time at the company I started as a Apprentice and was given so much support with my learning. I qualified as a Level 3 practitioner and was given further training in Forest school. There are so many options for progression and the management are extremely supportive. The only reason I have left is because I have moved away!!
good experience working with children of a range of different ages. Training is also given and feedback too. management is very friendly and helpful with everything.
I have recently joined the snapdragons team and already I feel like a part of the family. The nursery is constant, creative and gives great opportunities. Day to day jobs and responsibilities are done as a team, which is important in such a fast-paced environment. Children come first in all situations and everyone’s options and idea are welcomed.
During my time at Snapdragons day nursery I found that it could be a very uncomfortable setting. A lot of adult bullying and I felt like they look down at you. This was a little while ago and from what I have heard since I've left the people who would cause problems have now also left. The nursery was often over filled with too many children:adult ratio as well as too little of space. Again this may have changed. It has been a while since I worked there but I don't think I would recommend the nursery unless I have the facts and knowledge that it has completely changed since I worked there.
I recommend working here I enjoyed it very much, but will now look forward to moving forward with my adult life, working at snapdragons was easy as I felt welcomed and easily fitted in by the staff and children.
Pros
Working with young children
Cons
Long hours, very draining
Did not enjoy doing work experience here as thought the staff were judgemental and rude. Was only there a short amount of time but did not like it at all
Working at snapdragons was an interesting experience for me. I loved working with the children and working with my team. However I do feel as though there was a hierarchy in the nursery and those of a higher position were favoured and the main concern of the nursery aside from the children was making money, regardless of how it affected their employees.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
long hours, low pay
Snapdragons is a great place to work with friendly teams and opportunities for progression in all nursery roles. A supportive company all round with a great ethos.
Pros
Generous holiday allowance
Excellent company to work for, chain expansion allows for lots of progression across the company with ongoing support and encouragement for professional development. Staff are friendly and helpful and management across the company offer the best support. I generally enjoy my days working here!