Smiths Interconnect Employee Reviews

Slow paced but competitive
Automated Optical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL3 September 2018
The typical work day consists of 9 hours per day. I have learned a lot about work place policy from my coworkers. I believe management could use some improvement. Lack of productive communication is the biggest hurdle at this company.
Overall not bad
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MD26 July 2018
Run parts on the CNC
I have learned everything from this company
Management is terrible, no respect from me when I don't see the
same work ethic from them as I have myself
Culture is laid back, work gets done but is not efficient
Hardest part is looking at the managers throughout the day
Most enjoyable is the freedom to make stuff for myself
Pros
Freedom to make personal projects
Cons
All hands meetings with information that is not usefull
journée type de travail
Contrôleur de gestion Industriel (Former Employee) –  Aubin (12)8 April 2018
intellectuellement très enrichissante de part les échanges avec les supports et opérationnels. Missions quotidiennes diverses. Prise de responsabilités nécessaires.
Smiths Interconnectinc(Tecom) 375 Conejo rd Thousand Oaks ca
Receiving Inspector II (Current Employee) –  California16 March 2018
Working at Smiths Interconnectinc (Tecom) is such a great experience I learn something new everyday and improve my knowledge for good ,the environment is peaceful everybody gets along with. The company innovations are incredible, here at Smiths celebrates every holidays, The managers are respectful, they know employees don't need much supervision, and we as employees know our duties.The hardest part of the job is that in this moment the company's business are low and is going to moved to Florida where the main company is. and the best part of the company is that I have learned and grow in the aerospace industry. Although when I stared in this company I had experience but there is always something new and better to learn. It's been a great experience working in Smiths Interconnectinc ( Tecom).
Global Company
Engineering Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KS28 January 2018
Periodic anonymous employee surveys help leadership create action plans to improve culture and morale. Pay is fair and career advancement is available.
stressful fast passed company.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FL19 January 2018
current lack of challenge or advancement. good benefits, A to B, days pass quick due to excessive work load. Not able to communicate due to language barrier.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non-personal
Continually challenged...
Engineering Manager/Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MD27 June 2017
I love my job and remain challenged weekly at this position. I started as a junior engineer, trained to become an applications engineer, then moved to a line engineer and eventually assuming the role of engineering manager. The old saying is responsibility is 'assumed, not given'. A typical day is managing the execution of the design releases to planning and responses to sales based on loading. I have learned that micromanagement kills a department with creative engineers; I have learned this the hard way and also by having continually better management over me. The culture has been a roller coaster with the hardest part adapting to continual change. This isn't too bad if you accept it as a challenge and vehicle for growth. The best part of my job is still learning something new each week.
Pros
Excellent team to work with and accomplish tasks
Cons
constant change can be challenging...
Misorganization and poor culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  California14 June 2017
Currently going through reorganization. Communicating a vision which is 'Smiths Way' but leadership is failing in execution. Lack of any real direction is resulting in a failing culture.