Smiggle UK

Smiggle UK Employee Reviews for Person in Charge (pic)

The people I worked with at Smiggle were lovely, but the management style was lax. The upper levels seem to have no idea how a store is actually run, and this is reflected in the targets set and the overall idea of the store. It is also difficult to price things and the way the discounts worked was difficult to explain, especially to children.
I find working at Smiggle enjoyable, the staff are all incredibly lovely. There is a nice culture of learning, you don't have to worry about not knowing something or doing something wrong because management are always willing to help you in some way. There is regular tracking and Performance Reviews which make improving and advancing easier. As long as you love talking to people, and you don't mind a fast paced, detail oriented environment, Smiggle is an easy place to work. The management can often work around schedules quite easily as long as you tell them with some advance notice, so that's a definite positive.
Pros
Staff Discount, Good Rotas, Lovely Environment
Cons
None really!
Smiggle holds a special place in my heart as it was my first job as a sales advisor, I moved up to become a person-in-charge (supervisor) which I loved every minute of with my kind and supportive team. This role taught me so much about retail and visual merchandising and I am so thankful that my fantastic manager saw potential in me. There are lots of opportunities to work your way up in this company and to cover for different stores which allows you to get a flavour of how things are done with different teams! I really miss the fun times I had working at Smiggle!
Fun if you love children and like working in a busy shop, Smiggle is for you! Busy busy busy. Great team and managers at Smiggle Norwich! Loved working there x
Easy four hour shifts generally and a good staff discount of 50%. Although no chance of progression within the company, no support provided to reach a higher role.
Pros
Discount
Cons
great place to work, with flexible working benefits and discounts to staff. However, management communication throughout the structure of the company needs improvement.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
I started working at Smiggle as a summer temp and was asked to continue as a permanent sales assistant and after 6 months was promoted to a person in charge (PIC). I've had loads of fun at Smiggle and learnt so much from lovely colleagues. Unfortunately after a change in management, hours became unpredictable; having shifts swapped around at last minute and without being told and I've had major issues contacting head office regarding tax payment,but overall it's a brilliant place to work.
Pros
Good pay, able to work your way up
Cons
Not great management
A typical day is.. Open shop set tills out check safe set daily target + expectation manage staff Accept and unpack delivery Help the customers Handle any returns Adjust the shop according to the new visual merchandise change re stock clean the shop cash up the tills and bank the money Its great to work in a kids shop as you are encouraged to have fun!