Smiggle UK

Smiggle UK Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager8 reviews
United Kingdom8 reviews
It's fun on the weekend's and slow on week day's, I think it's a great place to work if your in 16-20 years of age. Smiggle would be a great work place to start off then move on to better things
The pay may be great but they feed you this lie that it’s all fun and games to work here but the reality is you lone trade, there’s no toilet or water facilities and there’s so many “black out” periods in a year you struggle to take holiday or get moaned at if your day off falls on a bank holiday!
Stay away
Pros
Money is good
Cons
It’s all a sick joke
Smiggle is a really good place to work!
You are offered the chance to go and work in other stores to see how they work and gain more Smiggle experience.
I worked there for a while (longer than I probably should’ve)
Day to day is hectic there’s not much organisation within the company.

Nothing seems to be fluid from head office to store and a lot of stores struggle to keep up.

But the store staff they make it worth it, if someone has been in smiggle for longer than a year they know how to help and motivate there team and are far more valuable than any of head office.

If you’re hardy and understand that sometimes the business comes before even your own children, than smiggle is for you.
Pros
My team, my manager!!!!
Cons
Long hours lots overlooked by HO
This is a fun place to work, as long as you like kids and can keep your smile all day long.
Great company for opportunities, with a friendly and welcoming staff.
Smiggle offers a great stepping stone on the ladder to success. The flexible and fast paced working enviroment creates a different place to work every day.
Worst company I have ever worked, too many rules and procedures n nothing is ever good enough no appreciation at all! Affects home life on finishing late so if your looking for a 9-5.30 job u have no chance! Management are absolute bullies nothing is ever good enough and your rushed off your feet never get a full break and cannot leave store on breaks as no set time for deliveres turning up you get told off for leaving store. Lone trading everyday only get a 4 hour person in to cover over dinner and delivery etc. Too much pressure on targets and selling feel like your hounding customers. Promotion change every 2 weeks and it's a big one on every part of the store takes over 3-4 days to complete. The list is never ending!! Never feel valued as an employee and if you like being someone's scivvy then go for it. Honestly can say throughout my whole career this is the most distrusting company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and management
DO NOT WORK for smiggle it's the more horrendous company I'v ever worked for. Regional manager doesn't have a clue about anything but thinks she does. The staff in all stores are useless, moans and unreliable.

Dispite what it says in the job title this job has no benefits!!! Your expected to work over your 40hour contract just cause your taking one for the team. The Regional manager took over the Rotas and decided to plan staff in for a 5 hours shift and give them an hours lunch!!! The staff were not pleased. There is no development and no chance of stepping up as I found... My store manager left within 2 months and despite me already working as a store manager in the passed they said no to me stepping up. The company is a JOKE. Don't forget the days of lone trading and standing alone for 9 hours not being able to go to the toilet.

BASCIALLY ITS A JOKE OF A COMPANY!!!
Pros
Zero