Slough Borough Council Employee Reviews

Good opportunities but poor leadership
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire22 January 2018
Good opportunities but poor leadership which makes work harder than it needs to be. Lots of management changes, which makes it difficult to provide some form of stability for employees.
Steping stone
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire11 December 2017
I worked at an outsourced company - Arvato, the quality is not the same as being employed by SBC.

The call centre was outsourced and employee value was not great.
Productive work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire9 October 2017
From the moment that I started to work for the oocal authority I received training and support. I coverd areas in Housing services; from management to repairs, rents and eviction. I then went into Ciuncil Tax & Housing Benefit as well as assesment. My last 5 years with the Authority I was lead in the My Ciuncil in Schools Admissions.
Pros
We were trained and kept up to date with the current laws
Cons
Sometimes we were understaffed
Dreadful
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire26 July 2017
I have nothing good to say about Slough Borough Council. It is a dreadful organisation which breeds complacency from the very top all the way down. Cannot recommend to anybody.
good job with good benefits
Business Administration officer (Current Employee) –  Slough12 June 2017
A typical day at Slough Borough Council includes working within a team and providing services to customers both internally and externally.
I have learned how to work amongst other people in a pressurised environment and meeting deadlines.
I have also learned how to use a number of different software programmes.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in the local community to help make life a little easier for them.
Pros
paid annual leave
Very Stressful Job
Receptionist/Admin Assistant - (Former Employee) –  London23 February 2017
Being a Housing Benefit Department, it was very stressful job as we had to deal with all sorts of customers, sometimes they used to get so angry and just shouted at the front line staff. Very busy through out the day as there were always ques of customers trying to get their documents submitted to claim their Housing Benefits. Management were helpful but they too were in too much stress. It was a multicultural working environment. The hardest part of this job was when customers were not eligible for Housing Benefits and are refused and they used to get angry and shout at staff. The most enjoyable part was very friendly environment and very good team work, all supported each other.
Pros
Luncheon Vouchers.
Cons
Very Stressful job.
amazing work experience
Estate Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough21 December 2016
loved it, workplace enjoyed every second be workplace fun people to talk to and also very welcoming and also supportive and encouraging
enjoyed being there for a week
Pros
long lunches
Relaxed and easy going
Community Cohesion Assistant (Former Employee) –  ST Martins Place, SLough8 December 2016
The rolewas supported well by the Management system. I enjoyed the atmosphere, It was friendly and relaxed despite hot desking.
Pros
flexible role
Cons
good place for work experience
Housing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Slough18 October 2016
The skills that I learned in work experience;
➢ Performing administrative functions
➢ Answering incoming calls
➢ Providing excellent customer service skills
➢ Handling enquires
➢ Processing customer correspondence
Pros
long breaks
Cons
to much work
I created a post of productivity and excitement for both myself and my pupils
Director of Music (Former Employee) –  Priory School22 August 2016
Slough Borough gave me an opportunity to display
what 'talent' is in the Comprehensive Sector-
Here, I was able to achieve national and international recognition with my Children's Choir- performing in venues:
The Royal Albert Hall, The Royal Festival Hall; the Symphony Hall, Birmingham; The Anvil, Basingstoke; Eton College Main Hall; The Barbican; Windsor Castle; Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod - Wales.
Pros
Pupils really appreciate what is given to them
Cons
Sadly, classes were often on the large side.
Reablement Services. Social Care Services
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Slough9 August 2016
DUTIES: Services for people with poor physical or mental health to help them accommodate back to their house from the hospital discharge. Assessments and provide the equipment’s and adaptations that they could need to be independent. Support as a multidisciplinary team (Physio, nurses, OT assistants, Careers).
productive fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berkshire28 July 2016
it was a fun place to work it was a place where all the teenagers would come and try new things and see where they headed in the future what they want to become and we helped them got them started got to meet different types of teenagers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Good staff benefits and lovely staff all around.
Business Administration Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Slough27 July 2016
Great place to work for. They offer great opportunity for development and treat their staff very well. Would defiantly recommend working for this company.
Easy going work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENG31 January 2016
The typical day went fast and sometimes slow as it depends on the service we had provided. I got on well with my co-workers and they showed me what to do and how to do work. The most enjoyable part of my job was signing letters and referring an issue to the manager.
Pros
Had 1 hour lunch time
Cons
Gained a lot of experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENG4 January 2016
As a student at ST. Josephs i was chosen for work experience at Slough Borough Council working with a range of skilled personnel.
I utilised my talents and skills and gained a useful insight to the working office environment.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Berkshire11 November 2015
I worked into a very busy demanding and friendly environment, mangement always at hand to support staffs as the demanding are so pressurzed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my customer leave with happy smile after the advised given to them.
Pros
Flexible
varied, positive and rewarding
Senior Business Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Slough19 July 2015
There are daily safeguarding occurrences to be dealt with and complaints to resolve along with ensuring the smooth running of our team and covering any absences, there is a good network of management support and everyone is willing to help when required.

This role is very rewarding when you can see the end results or your hard work but on the down side to that there are the occasions where we here of bad news and I have had to learn how to cope with that along with the pressure and the fast pace of instant responses which are always required in this environment.

I have learnt many new skill including diary management, arranging conferences and meetings, analysis of reports for the board, preparing presentations and many more.
Pros
self achievement and rewarding.
Cons
dealing with bad new
Slough Borough Council
Customer and Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Slough, ENG9 June 2015
Slough Borough Council was my first employer through a Business Administration Apprenticeship and I would highly recommend school leavers to follow this route too.
The colleagues at Slough Borough Council are very welcoming and helpful with a good team culture -they helped me to take customer calls and complaints in a very professional manner.
During my time in this role , I learnt many new software skills which helped me do my job more effectively.Another great positive was that I was given support and time to complete an NVQ in Business Administration.
I enjoyed the fact that this job was a great package-
Working
Learning and
Earning.
The hardest part ,being a school leaver, was no more school holidays- but that was quickly forgotten due to team spirit.
Pros
excellent support and team environment
Cons
no school holidays
Adult Learning
Admissions and Access Officer (Current Employee) –  Slough10 April 2015
In this role I was responsible for enrolling Adults on various Adult Learning courses i.e. ESOL, Sewing, Craft Making. The job was thoroughly enjoyable and organising the open days was a good laugh.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Slough17 October 2014
Typical day at work would be dealing with customers benefits and tax issues , hardest part was dealing with angry customer everyday, but soon learned how to deal with this. I liked to help people and see that i have helped someone with there account and money issues.
Pros
Cons
N/a