Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun but pay not too good
Aircraft Caterer (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 July 2018
I enjoyed working here and the money is good in the summer if you put the hours in. But it was hard to survive the winter here as the wage was only slightly more than the minimum, that was quite bad because you are required to do earlies and lates and nearly every weekend including Sundays.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor wages
Productive and friendly work place
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 July 2018
I worked at Alpha LSG for 6 months. I was doing agency work. The people who work their are lovely and easy to get on with, they're willing to help no matter what. The work there is fun in my opinion. I would give it a chance. It is a great environment to work in.
Pros
Understanding, friendly environment, easy work load
Cons
shift work
Very poor people management.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 June 2018
The company is quite rightly governed by a strict security culture however there is a real squeeze on labour cost at all times to the detriment of both security and staff welfare.
A 70-80 hour week was not uncommon.

Unrealistic demands set by management who lacked the strength to challenge the labour squeeze.

The senior management team placed little or no importance in man management and people development resulting in the loss of highly skilled and knowlegable staff.

The 2 key managers in the unit were unapproachable, rude and lacked basic communication skills.
Both game playing and point scoring against one another resulting in shop floor staff suffering.

Overall I enjoyed working here, had it not been for the sheer arrogance of the unit and bond managers I would have liked to continue my employment with the company.
Inspirational
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport10 May 2018
very good management with a great working atmosphere. They had given lots of benefits including free meals. I gained experience making different kinds of foods.
Very good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 March 2018
I loved workin at Manchester airport a great place to work I would love to go back this summer great work place hard work but very important as a job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8 hours shifts
Fun workplace
Flight packer (Current Employee) –  Heston1 March 2018
A typical day is to complete our tasks which we receive. Sometimes, they change the aircraft, and at times new equipment's arrive. It is managed, by schedule and it is organised. Additionally, there's a wide range of different types of people with different types of cultures, which allows us to cooperate with new people. Moreover, at times, it can be busy as small fights can increase, adding more work to be fulfilled in a period of time but now and again the time limit is extended so you'd have to stay longer. Furthermore, the most enjoyable part of this job, is that first of all, the timing is appropriate for my willing, nevertheless my colleagues are friendly and easy to work with, so we spend great times together.
Pros
Free lunches
Good experiance to work at
Bar packing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 February 2018
It was a great job and the team is really nice, they supply you with free food in canteen aswell, great job to work for i recomend it to anyone who wouldnt mind doing packing
Nice people, bad management and employee treatment
General Assistant (Stores) (Current Employee) –  Antrim18 November 2017
The people I worked along side are nice and pleasant. But the management leaves a lot to be desired. They push you hard to meet KPIs and you bust your back all summer doing extra hours for very little money then they let you go at a moments notice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long odd hours
Bad management
Bar packer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire10 July 2017
I started this job and stayed for a week. It is absolutely rubbish. You never finish on time, the meals theu provide are sandwiches that are left over from Birmingham and they most of the time arrived after lunch!
You have get person and your car searched often as they don't seem to trust you despite having a DBS check.
You never know what you are working the following week until the end of the week so no chance to plan in advance.
One week you could work two days have a rest day work a day then a rest day.
If you want to live to work instead of work to live the this is the perfect job for you.
Oh and lastly, if you're agency, the permanent staff just look at you like you've got two heads.
Pros
Cons
Manager, pay, hours
Worst job ever
expected to work illegal hours
management dont listen
very poor vehicles
Pros
Cons
Leaving the place
poor management
expected to work illegal hours
management dont listen
very poor vehicles
Pros
Cons
rubbish company
its very amzing and fun working with Lsg.
C base master data coordinator (Current Employee) –  lonodon13 June 2017
it is amazing working with rthem but due to some personal issues i have to relocate myself. thats why i am looking for transfer if not then other job.
It's a productive company with a fun workplace to work in.
Seasonal Bar Packer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester3 January 2017
A typical day working at Alpha LSG was worth getting up in the morning to go to work, the environment was friendly as we're the co workers. In my time at Alpha LSG I learned a lot from, team work, communication and commitment to get a job done.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great rate of pay
Cons
N/a
great people not great management
Bond packer (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 October 2016
most of the people are great to work with we are just down to earth peeps,
Management not to clever they don't listen and do nothing about problems that occur it seems to be left to the shift leaders which are great to work with.
Some days are better than others we could get extra flights which is where the shift leaders need their heads screwed on, my day would consist of me having one 8 hour bar which I will probably do in 6 maybe 7 hours then I will help someone else or start another bar
it can be really hard on some days or really easy going, we work on kpi times which sometimes are not realistic they have not been checked for a while so some people really struggle which is quite distressing to some or they just leave their work which then puts us in a dilemma but as a team we sort it out. Most of the people I work with are great with great sense of humours I love em all.
Pros
free tea coffee and meals
Cons
can be very long hours in the summer and not very good communication with management
Good organisation
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gatwick13 March 2016
● Inputing, manipulating, testing, checking, verifying and editing
● Responsible to ensure ALL Specifications and Airline Information changes are followed
high standard and friendly
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Feltham, ENG27 January 2016
My typical day at work would be starting 5.30 am opening the store so all workers can go to their work stations.
Give a briefed meeting on what needs to be done and any changes that needs to be prioritized. Orders needed to be done early and stock counted and checked.
Collect any deliveries that have arrived and put them on the shelf's.
In the afternoon I would make roster for next day and divide the work between the staff.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
good environment in working catering area.
Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Heston Central, ENG24 December 2015
i was working as a food packer it was really fun job if we do nicely cus everthing responsiblities own all me so i did everthing on time never gnna made flight delay i used to packed flight food which is first class and business class on time n that was really happi moment of my life to working for alpha lsg sky chef company.
Pros
everyy day different kind of lunch and dinner aswell as brk fast
Cons
13 hours
job
Flexi worker (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 December 2015
My job is very hardwork we have to work under pressure but company is good but pay is very low but i like my job it one of big comapny it supply food for airline.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG7 December 2015
Everyone was friendly and helpful.Day went fast due to the fast paced nature of the business.People treated you with respect and welcomed new people on board.
Pros
Free lunches.close to home
Cons
Role was only seasonal
Productive and fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feltham, ENG19 November 2015
A typical day at work was full of stress. I started check the equipment for the first class to the biggest airlines in the world.
I checked and prepared everything for flight and then I sealed the other flights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Chefs Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Sky Chefs Inc. Reviews by Location