Sky Betting & Gaming Employee Reviews

Dreadful place to work (contact centre)
Contact centre advisor/floor walker (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 August 2018
I worked in the contact centre shortly after they changed name from Surrey sports, we were told it was a family atmoshpere but later realised that family is the Fritzl's.

Other reviews point to favouritism and I cannot stress how rampant that is in this place; promotions are purely based on favouritism and are nothing to do with competency or hard work, to add insult to this is that promotions are usually "secondments" with no increase in pay or benefits and you'll be bumped back down the ladder at the drop of a hat. I was removed from my position after an employee accused me of racism, it took 3 months for management to look into it only for me to be told in passing conversation that nothing camd of it and the accusation was baseless - I did not get reinstated to my promtion position.
Any vacant higher positions were simply given to one single employee without question which angered myself and other staff yet all accusations of favouritism were shot down.
If you have an opinion that goes against contact centre shift managers prepare to be actively victimised, while in the position I mentioned above, one of the shift managers proceeded to tell me that she despised one of the individual contact centre advisors. During one busy month (Cheltenham month) I was assigned phone duties for the full month, as bonus is scored on chat duty alone this meant I could not acheive bonus that month - complaints fell on deaf ears. If you fall fould of shift manager attitudes then you get poor rotas, say goodby to ever getting 2 days in a row off and for 2 consecutive years I was assigned
  more... 4-midnight on new year's eve and 7-3 on new year's day.

Shift managers act like robots, my wife had received thd news that she could not conceive naturally and was distraught but I was not allowed to take half a day leave to be with her because there were calls queueing (there were 2 queueing at the time). This came a week after one person rang up at around 7pm on a friday to ask for the saturday off so he could attend a party, this saturday being a day with every sporting event taking place - their request was granted.

If you are off for more than a month with mental health issues, expect phone calls harassing you for doctors notes and visits to your home. This didn't affect me but I was asked to make said phone calls to one employee with severe anxiety issues.

The CEO Richard Flint and indeed, everyone else, has no interest in the contact centre and it's quite obvious that the CC is regarded as the lowest department by everyone in the business.

The pay is shocking compared to almost any other full time job and the 30 minute lunch is insulting.
Pros
Free sky TV
Cons
Everything else
Gross misconduct for not reporting empty RG chat when no text seen
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellington11 July 2018
Customer Ops Centre less than min wage + <20% for unsocial hours which cover 19 hours a day (7am to 2am), 365 days a year with no extra for bank hols, any 5 of 7 days with days off not usually consecutive or including a weekend day.

1 week notice during probation 2 weeks after. 3 month probation with majority of cust ops staff getting a 3 month extension. Worked 140 hours overtime in a month or so, no feedback. Getting nearer probation end and dared to negotiate a 1 month extension after asked wrong substitute question. Obviously upset someone.

1 month extension, 1/2 of which was leave, was constant opression. Afternoon of day going on leave where probation would have ended while away I was suspended for Gross Misconduct (kneejerk reaction). I had seen the text of an old chat on a summary of recent contacts that was clearly an RG concern so I had raised it. I hadn't seen the text at the time otherwise would have had the same reaction and raised it then or had seen part of it and stood up and asked if anyone had already had that customer through.

Customer had engaged with someone else on chat minutes before that day and had been told to phone in. Came back on empty chat with same person, but did not engage. Came on empty chat with me, and did not engage although I paste in standard text to let all cusomer's know there is someone there.

I was debadged and suspended 45 minutes before going on leave for 8 days, 7 days out of UK, suspension ruining holiday and Silver Wedding. Cust Ops concerned about customers but not employees.
Pros
Rest of company other than the Contact Centre
Cons
Contact Centre's Reek (GOT) employee treatment
Simply the worst betting company in UK
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 June 2018
The appearance that this company is giving from outside is not what reflected on the inside. They play a lot on the sky brand, but they have been acquired now by Pokerstars, as incapable of doing things on their own.The salary, compare to other betting companies is low, the preparation of the management is simply disgraceful: they are not aware of many of the basic compliance and Responsible Gambling rules, and has a result of that the company has recently been fined from the authority. Apart of this, there is no organisation or sort of collaboration between departments, and for someone that wants to grow this is definitely the right environment . Coming from one of the biggest betting company in the world, and being managed by a guy on his first managerial experience in a betting company ( with the highest peak in his career as a proof reader for babies book) was the icy on the cake.
If you think that you can make a career on favouritism and you don't care about growing professionally this is the perfect place to work, but if you love yourself look to find a better job definitely in an other company.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
Unprofessional people to work with, lack of knowledge from managers, fake promises and no opportunity to grow within the business
Awful Culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 March 2018
Good luck if you get a job here because you'll need it! They have Managers that don't know what they are doing, promote people based on favouritism, and really don't have any idea in general. If you manage to get into a friendship circle you'll do well but it won't be on the merit of your work.
Pros
Cons
Bad culture
Great company to work for
Fraud & Risk (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
Sky Betting & Gaming are a fantastic company to work for. Some of the perks include free fruit, tea and coffee as well as free Sky TV and health insurance.
Great Enviroment to grow..
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 November 2017
I cannot sing the praises enough about SB&G. It is, hands down, one of the best places I have ever worked.

The management team in customer operations are hands on and get involved.
Pros
Free sky tv, bonuses based on annual performance
Cons
Flexible working hours can have you working shifts that are all over the place
Fantastic Company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 September 2017
I never have a problem not wanting to go to work as everyday promises new challenges and big rewards. Any squad and tribe I've worked in has been incredible, with each having their own identities and team culture! But one thing is consistent amongst them all and that is the welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

A general respect policy on most aspects of day to day life, makes fitting your job around your home life a breeze. If you're a morning person, why not leave at 4pm, or if thats your idea of a bad day, start at 10am. Tea breaks, lunch breaks and just general away from the screen time isn't frowned upon, or viewed as unproductive. Just a general consensus that when your pushing hard to meet a deadline you'll work your socks off (and you'll feel like you want to) because you know that after the deadline, you will be able to recover.

Nothing is ever forced upon you, its a simple case of if you want more responsibilities, a promotion or whatever, work hard and you'll get there. Being an on call engineer is completely optional, but definitely very rewarding.

Cakes, special occasion free meals, office treats and drinks are just many of the frequent perks you can expect from day to day work. Big horse racing festival, you'll likely find a breakfast roll available, middle of summer you'll likely find a party and ice creams. The company definitely takes looking after its employees to a new level.
Pros
Awesome culture!
Cons
Cross site communication is somewhat lacking
Best place I have ever worked.
The best thing about working for Sky Bet is having the ability to still hold a work-life balance, this is particularly important for me having children. There is plenty of opportunity to progress in your career and the managers are exceedingly supportive. Sky Bet's job culture is superb, a relaxed but hard-working environment that enables you to truly enjoy your job. I enjoy the extra experiences and social gatherings that Sky Bet have also provided such as: Go Karting, York Races and Manchester United Hospitality Experience. This really is a great place to work and develop a great career, I would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Flexibility in working hours, excellent pay, childcare vouchers, private healthcare, experiences
Great culture
Digital Learning Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 July 2017
SBG has a fantastic culture, it is a place which rewards hard work and celebrates success.

The Contact Centre is a perfect place to start your SBG journey as it can be used as a platform into other areas.
Great Folk and really great work ethics
Digital Brand and Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds23 June 2017
A wonderful place to work , the tribe structure works really well. The culture is something many companies aspire to. The integration between management and staff is great , everyone working as one large team going in the same direction , it has been an honour to work with the Sky betting & gaming teams
Pros
Great work ethics and team involvement
fast-paced & energetic
Operational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 June 2017
Sky betting and Gaming is a fantastic place to work. Its extremely fast-paced and things can change on a daily basis. You have to be very adaptive to work here but the rewards definitely out way the cons. I learned that adaptability is key at this company and you have to be passionate. The hardest part of the job is how quickly things can change. Sometimes it can be a little too fast paced.The most enjoyable part of my role is working with lots of great people who are all completely engaged with our company values.
Not bad
Contact Centre Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 May 2017
Decent Place, Could be Better. and Improved to be honest, Pay is decent and colleagues are nice, However overall i'm not super excited to work here. It is a fun environment however.
Fast passed fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 February 2017
A typical day at Sky bet can range from live chat, answering phones to emails, sometimes all 3 in the day, answering customers queries from general account information to issues with games etc.

The hardest part of the job is the hours can be very unsociable, however the most enjoyable part is the great environment, incentives and benefits you receive.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unsociable shifts
Great place to work & a company going from strength to strength.
Social Media Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 September 2016
Sky Bet have grown hugely in the time I've been here, they also have shown to recognise talent as well as hard work, offering opportunities to loyal employees as the company has grown. The growth in Social Media has allowed me many opportunities & I have had lots of support since working here.
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic culture & progression opportunities.
Good, Fun place of work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG26 July 2015
The workplace is a fun environment, relaxed yet focused work ethic. The people are all fun and laid back to work with and the business is well run.
Pros
Free Sky
Cons
Unsociable hours
brilliant company to work for
customer advisor (Current Employee) –  leeds21 July 2015
Sky Betting and Gaming consists of four core brands, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Poker and Sky Bingo, and also encompasses the UK’s leading comparison site. It uses the latest Technology and cutting edge innovation to provide services to our customers over a number of platforms. My role here includes dealing with customer queries via a number of different ways. We deal with phone calls, Emails and our chat facility. I work to resolve all issues at first point of contact, providing the best customer service possible. We deal with numerous queries some simple some complex and I enjoy dealing with both sorts.
Pros
brilliant packages
fun place to work
contact centre advisor (Current Employee) –  leeds1 October 2012
Dealing with customer gambling queries from Sports Bets through to Poker, Bingo and Vegas via online chat and emails both incoming and outgoing.
It is a very fast pace job so attention to detail is paramount when dealing with customers queries.
I am targeted on KPI daily and always willing to take on extra responsibilities with adhoc reports when required.
I also work with other departments in checking for fraudulent accounts and chasing queries with other departments.
I am punctual and have a clean attendance records.
I am also willing to help out when required.
Pros
free sky tv
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Betting & Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.

Sky Betting & Gaming Reviews by Location