Play YouTube video button
Information from Sky:

Sky Employee Reviews

United Kingdom520 reviews
Featured review
Sky selected this as a representative review
never a dull moment
I worked in the switchboard department with a large group of women all ages and we all enjoyed each others company and were very supportive of one another. The job was very easy and repetitive which gave you a sense of security and confidence going to work each day.
My work colleagues were all different age groups and we all found common ground. I admired their work ethic and wealth of knowledge when I began there.
Pros
great company, very focused on team building
Cons
became less challenging but regret not staying longer
Great environment
Great company but as communication companies things change and jobs are at risk either they enter automation or jobs roles are sent to cheaper areas or country
Great Employer
Great company to work for who go beyond necessary when looking after employees. No they are not perfect but more of a work in progress. Base salary is good but could be better and the incentive system is hit and miss... Also advancement within this site is based on how liked you are or who you are sleeping with.
Very stressfull environment but great people to work with
As above but the targets can be hard to achieve and sometimes unrealistic but overall the job benefits are good. Can be very sore on the eyes staring at two screens for so long
Pros
Benefits and not much of a dress code
Cons
Hafd tatgets to achieve and hard to switch off after your shift
Very stressful.. complicated systems.. very boring
Its a call centre so it's not going to be rocket science.. I hated the competative element.. trying to upsell to people who probably couldnt afford it. Pay wasnt brilliant. Lots of silly staff incentives...I didnt stay very long... not my bag at all
Call centre
Daily changes to TV BB packages very fast paced environment lots of targets most colleagues were lovely but a few bullies were not challenged long hours not family friendly customer calls usually complaints lots of abuse not for me
A exciting place to work and learn
While at Sky it gave me the opportunity to enhance my skills in the media industry and also widened my knowledge of what kind of roles were available. From working there I not only learnt valuable skills which can help me in the future but also found strong lanes of progression would open up to me if and when I looked into them.
Bullying culture
Not a nice place to work, stressful, bullying culture from managers, no time for breaks/ lunch. Sell sell sell environment. Everyone is living in fear of being sacked at any time.
Pros
free sky
Cons
everybody is always on disciplinarys, so they dont have to pay bonuses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sky?
In this current climate Sky have gone out of their way to look after staff and customers alike
Sky is one of the best companies I have worked for, I struggled a bit after coming out of Academy, with the systems, but I’ve got a handle on that now , I hope.In this currant climate there are daily updates but we are being well looked after .. Big up for Sky for looking after staff and customers.
Management terrible
Absolutely terrible management in my area.. probably not the same for all areas but mine was awful. Kept trying to push me out and not helping me improve. Finally fired me unlawfully and I had to go through a tribunal only for them to admit they were wrong and offer me my job back with backdated pay...
Bully boy culture
The glitz and glamour wears off very quickly, as a creative you are on borrowed time. Always. Marketing run the show and they are clueless slippery pole climbing airheads.
The best company to work for.
Every one gets involved. Efforts are highly valued. Sky invests in its employees and they care about customers. We are family. Sky is simply the best.
Terrible job
Hated every second in this job targets are unreachable pressure is too heavy long 11 hour days days bad management poor shift patterns which effect home life
Excellent
Excellent place to work. Good and helping teammates.Fabulous working atmosphere. Flexibility in working times. Work from home facilities in case of any emergency.
Best company i have worked for!
So many benefits, shame they made our channel redundant. They put their competitors to shame, I know i have worked for them and theres no comparison. Sky are the best!
You want advancement? Go somewhere else.
I've worked at Sky for a number of years, and the benefits are good. However, the operations managers there are terrible - they only approach you if they have a complaint about performance. Nothing else. Some of the other OMs that were there (but left) seem to be the best OMs there in terms of personal development. There was a guy there for only six months, and he had more of an impact on his teams than all of the other OMs put together. That says a lot about the quality of management at Sky.

Advancement is nearly impossible - only if you are extremely chummy with the OMs. No consistency with team leaders throughout the site in terms of processes and procedures. I felt on edge all the time I was there. A lot of people at Sky have had many sick days off due to mental health issues, which is not suprising.

I remember a time when Sky Sheffield was hailed as being one of the best contact centres to work for in Sheffield (If not THE best). However, it has slid dramatically into a battery farm - churning people out constantly. Turnover is high, and pressure is always placed onto advisors. For all of the benefits you get, like free Sky, it is not worth the toll it will take upon your mental health.

OMs do not interact with teams. They are seen as being completely separate and everyone is on edge when they walk by desks. It's all very Les Mis.

'Look down, look down, don't look them in the eye.

Look down, look down, you're here until you die'
Worst place
Dont go for a job here worst company EVER they offer you all the best and never come up with the goods they promise you set shifts they dont they promise so much and never do it
good environment,friendly staff, can do approach
Taking inbound calls and out bound calls in relation to customers accounts from being in debt to upgraded to additional services solving customers problems showing a calm attitude towards upset customers and to show empathy as well i have learnt a great deal from being an only inbound customer services adviser to being trained in to the sales to the mobile element of the business also enjoyed the time working there having great team groups out to christmas parties and call centre charity work the only down side i would state is that working for the company so long looking to change from the role that i was in was difficult and one sided
Great company
Working for Sky is as good as the service and product itself - the staff perks are brilliant, bonus opportunities, chances to win prizes, fun competition between teams, lots of support when you need it, I loved it
Productive and Fun
Great place to work, fantastic employees and management.
Answering calls from customer can always be tricky, but with the training and development that is available, answering calls will feel much easier.

Hardest part of the job was screaming customers, even though it wasn't your fault.

Most enjoyable part of the job was resolving customers issues, such as billing or technical.

Overall, a great place to work for people who like call centre careers.

With training and development, you can go far, such as being a camera man for F1.
productive and fun work place
Sky was a fantastic company to work for. They really take care of their staff and have an excellent benefits package. The management were always supportive and they encourage team work. The training was excellent and extensive. If you can get a job with sky I would highly recommended it.