Skills North East Limited

Skills North East Limited Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work.
I loved my time here at Skills North East Ltd, I got along well with every other staff member and have kept up a great friendship with them even after leaving.
Being the youngest at the company, I didn't get much respect, I had to clean up for a certain member of staff whilst he watched me, he asked me to do some pretty humiliating stuff and spoke to me poorly when I challenged him.

Pay was poor as an apprentice, I watched everyone else get a pay rise whilst I didn't even though I was one of their longest serving employees.
Pros
Lovely staff, organised, great working hours, staff nights out, early finish fridays
Cons
No respect, poor pay, no commission for the sales team.
Would never work for them again-management don’t know what they are doing
What an experience!
I’m so glad I’m outta there!

Management keep changing their goal posts.

Never knew what we were doing from one day to the next-just had to make the best of a bad situation.

No mileage paid.

Be aware! They treat the students even worse/like pound signs.

Shameful.
Pros
All good staff left
Cons
Bad office conditions
If you want to get paid then don't come here!
Taken on as BDM. Due to outside issues start date had to change AFTER I had begun working. I wasn't paid anything for that time.

Superficially nice but micromanaging culture, reliably informed that 8 others had come and gone in the previous 6-9 months. I can understand why.

Desperately disappointing as could have been good place to be.
A great team
Working in the training industry always throws a curve ball or two. It's all about how you can work together as a team/company and become the best at what you do. We're not perfect (yet) but we have a great 'can do' attitude and a team of positive and enthusiastic individuals who want to be part of this journey towards greater success.
Pros
Great location, great team, flexible and considerate staff.
Cons
Enjoy cake too much.