Skills Development Scotland Employee Reviews

Focused Skills driven company
Senior Data Managment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 July 2017
This company acting on behalf of the Scottish government was set up to improve the skillset of Scotland's population with an emphasis placed on youth modern apprenticeships. .
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
not many
Excellent work place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 June 2016
An excellent public body to work for with great opportunities for learning and development. Good leadership and management.
Fun, professional, educational and gratifying
Careers/Education/Employment Adviser (Former Employee) –  Central Scotland24 July 2012
Given that my job demanded a wide range of transferable skills and educationally/guidance related accumen to be provided and conveyed by myself in sevral diverse settings I am able toi say that I was both challenged and gratified in equal messures during the time I spent working as Careers Adviser/Keyworker.
Being able to enhance my ability to work in the following manner helped me enormoously:
As part of a pro active team
On own initiative
Interacting and liaising with other professionally based agencies and companies
Directly with clients in order to ensure that I could deliver a facilitatory and empathetixc approach
In school/college/training provision etc
With disengaged service users

Managing my time and reponsibilites afforded me the chance work in a more organised and productive way
The hardest part of my job was trying to realise how best to "switch off" as I became extremely dedicated to the tasks I was obliged to undertake.
Most enjoyable: knowing that by empowering and guiding my caseload appositly that they "moved forward" and developed their potential and aspirational goals.
Pros
autonomous, respected by others, opportunity to deliver care, guidance, empathy
Cons
administration and public sector cuts