Skechers Employee Reviews

Good team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 September 2018
Good team work and communication skills built whilst working to serve customers
Achieved regular good sales
Good customer service skills
Enjoyable place to work
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford23 August 2018
The staff are friendly and welcoming to work with. The location of the job is convenient to get to. I feel that the hours however are not great yet they are very good with keeping staff on that perform to a high standard
Practical and introductory
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire17 July 2018
A typical day at work consists of talking to and assisting customers who come into store whilst carrying out other jobs that are essential for a smooth running and tidy store. I learned how to communicate effectively with customers and think in my feet to provide on the spot solutions to problems. The workplace was friendly and very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to work stock into the shop floor whilst trying to serve customers and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Fit well alongside college
Cons
quite repetitive
Great Place To Work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent31 May 2018
Have worked here over a year now and I love it. The atmosphere of the staff are so friendly and incredibly easy to get along with. Often go out together etc.

Incentives are often provided by managers, i.e. winning gift cards if KPIs are met etc.

Amazing place for a first job. Would always recommend
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex12 April 2018
Amazing company to work for. Met some great people. Everyone was supportive and I got all the training needed. The products are really good and the discount is great.
Welcoming work environment
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton3 April 2018
Welcoming environment with colleagues who are easy to work with and management who genuinely care about their staff. Great for university students wanting to earn a bit of money part time or for people wanting to progress in retail as they offer supervisor training too.
Okay Place to work
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex26 February 2018
Okay to work for Skechers if you have no major financial responsibilities then their pay is acceptable. Good chance to be apart of the comfortable footwear company
sales advisor
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 February 2018
Good management, goal setting and benefits to the job. Managers always have your interests in mind and help you further your career/training. They also discuss your targets and help keep you track or praise your successes
Pros
commission
Cons
other benefits need more balancing
Fun yet serious workplace. Amazing Management.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road2 January 2018
Enjoyed every moment working at Skechers. Never a dull moment and management were amazing! Worked on both the shop floor and in the stockroom, in which strict yet achievable goals were set which ensured a professional environment.
Great staff but stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 December 2017
The atmosphere can be good or bad. Great and friendly staff but sometimes too sales focuses which is a detriment to the atmosphere of the shop. This makes the sales dive which is pretty much counterproductive. No-one wants to buy in a stressful environment,
Pros
Good commision
Cons
Too sales focused
Not the place to look for a career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  England29 November 2017
At the time of working for Skechers I was a student and it suited my needs as in house managers were very open to my needs.
This was overshadowed by the clear lack of passion in upper management and lack of guidance and support.
Work here if its a necessity but would look elsewhere if looking for a company to grow with.
My manager had been with them many many many years, but seems to be going nowhere, shame really.
Pros
commission, cool management/supervisors
Cons
competetive, unorganized.
Great company
P/T Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 September 2017
What an amazing company to work for, everything about the job was amazing. Training, Staff just everything. Enjoyed my time here and sad it came to an end.
not nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England14 August 2017
its aight but the manager is rude, I learnt how to hold in my anger.
the workplace culture is all about customers and sales couldnt even talk about my day without somone interupting me about customers.
the enjoyable time would be when I clock out.
the hardest is listening to customers disrespecting me while their kids ruin display and yet I can hear the manager shouting across the room just to tell me the display is a mess, fix up. mmkk.
Oh and every single store is commision based, if i say hello to a customer one of my colleuges would be like thats my customer so even if you help them buy the shoes they want no darling the commision would still be mine.
BAd
Cons
management and up are so hatefult
No comment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 August 2017
There was a lot of bullying in the workplace which wasn't treated correctly.
It was a target driven, customer focused based role.
In this job role you would have to encourage add on's and up sale. Your are expected to speak to every customer that walks through the door.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A enjoyable work life however ran by possibly the worst management ever.
Sales Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth31 July 2017
Working at Skechers was an up and down nightmare. There were days where i loved the job, the selling and customer service side of it was fantastic. However the management there are despicable. The store is run by huge personal issues and larger egos and needs a complete staff switch over.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Awful Management, awful work force, no trust or relationships between staff
Great atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol10 July 2017
Working here is really good, every colleague is very easy to get along with, which exception of a few, but they don't last very long. I have improved my sales skills so much here it's unreal. However, supervisors can be a bit dopey and have almost reversed roles with normal sales associates. Higher management from outside the store such as the district manager and marketeers are also really strict and picky which is a massive downside to the company. I was also rudely poked by the European sales manager (it's his local store and he visits often)
Pros
Great team, commission
Cons
Strict standards
Good brand value
SENIOR SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire22 June 2017
Great brand to work for.
salary could be better negotiated for different management levels.
great work life balance. great support network for all staff
Stressful atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon3 June 2017
I worked at a small sketchers shop for a show time and had to leave due to the lack of support I had from management and the stress of the job during busy days where, yet again, I did not receive and support for. I often felt that my concerns were not being looked at and often dreaded going into work.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No support
hardworking, clean work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 May 2017
I have enjoyed working at skechers the past year and a half but I am looking for new opportunities to grow within myself an looking for something a bit more challenging.
Pros
commision
Cons
not the best managers
young work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gretna, Dumfries and Galloway22 April 2017
great product, flexible shifts, low pay, limited training. i like my job the cons are as you would find in other retail jobs but its fun to be part of a young energetic team.
Pros
flexible, good product, commission (to increase pay)
Cons
low commission, limited training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

Skechers Reviews by Location