Skechers
Information from Skechers:

Skechers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom74 reviews
Relaxed workplace
Enjoyable interaction with colleagues as well as managers. Some tasks can be frustrating. Most mangers are understanding and repscectful. Hardest part of job is taking in delivery
Pros
Suitable hours and flexible
Cons
Tad boring
Great environment
Great people, fantastic management the company is great for student workers as there is a flexible rota. There are a lot of rewards for a great customer service great sales. sometimes is hard when the big delivery comes but otherwise is a great place to work
Productive workplace and good enviroment
Fast paced and requires a lot of energy. Working there has been a blast and this is why i worked there for nearly four years. Fun place to work and the rewards are amazing.
Mentally taxing & draining
The job itself is fine it’s just a stressful environment. This is due to poor and ill trained manger. Also contributing is a unrealistic expectations placed on sail assistance. From the work load to targets and the commission just cases arguments
Great team but bad pay
I loved working there and got on well with the team however, for the job that I’m doing which is stressful and competitive I feel that minimum wage is not fair.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Pay
This job is not worth the stress or the low pay
A company that is who you know and like , not what you know or how good at your job you are , not given your working hours till 2 days before that week starts
Cons
Pay is minimal, who you know not what you know
Horrendous work environment
No job security. Poor management & support. No training or development. No solutions to help drive kpi’s. Very much a blame culture which started with the owners.
Hard work but very rewarding
You sell loads of shoes and the day flies by. The late hours are something to consider if you live far away. The organisation of the stockroom is very easy to learn and once you know it your job becomes simple.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Skechers?
Just dont do it to yourself
Sadly this was without doubt the least organised and most unprofessional environment I have ever worked in.Area management and senior management positions are held by extremely ineffective people who are simply not qualified for their roles.I would recommend to anybody applying, dont do it, move onto the next vacancy elsewhere and avoid Skechers completely.
Poor management
Management at the Spalding store was beyond poor. When the store manager was away or had a day off, the assistant manager and supervisors would mess around in the stock room and would hardly been seen on the shop floor, especially at weekends when it can be a busy period.
The working environment was toxic, as management would talk about us behind our back, spread rumours and treat us like we're worthless. On many occasions, the manager would totally ignore me or, when she did talk to me, spoke in such a sour and obnoxious tone, regardless of the fact I had done nothing wrong. This sort of behaviour was pushing employees to leave.

When turning up for our shifts, it was mandatory that we greet management, otherwise we would get pulled aside and spoken to. However the majority of the time we wouldn't get a reply from management or if they started a later shift, we wouldn't even be acknowledged if they walked straight past us.

Overall, working at this store has taught me a lot, such as how management shouldn't treat their staff, what it's like to work in a horrid environment and that maturity doesn't always come with age.
Decent money, Management is awful
Average pay but with the bonus of commission. It is great when there is overtime but sales contracts are based on 6hrs, and additional shifts are often taken away or changed at short notice.

Management are incompetent and don't work as a team. Their negative attitudes cause a hostile work environment, and there is clear favoritism.

The job is easy, although training is rushed so you need to pick things up quick.

Best part of the job is the sales team.
Productive and great working environment
It's a fun place to work for, with great staff and good commission on sales, however, recently it has become a zombie-like zone which has ruined the fun and enjoyment of the workplace. The supervisors are great, however, due to lots of management changes under a short period of time, things got a bit too messy and the store got desperate in hiring its most recent manager.
But overall, it's still a great place to work in.
salary
i am happy to work with skechers ,but i am looking for more challenge and opportunities as promote.i being working more than one year. i am great employee always finish my tasks on time.and reach the store target.but the management does not value my job.they are not so professional
I love it
I’ve worked for this company for over a year and it has been the best job I’ve ever had. Some management does need work, but with being new comes more to learn. If you have a problem they do usually try and get it resolved quickly. The job is very repetitive so it’s easy to pick things up but it can get tiresome as you’re constantly doing the same thing. I would say overall it is a great job with great money.
Good commission
Terrible supervisors
Very competitive because of commission

Time was only 1 week ahead, not enough time for to make plans.

Can be very physical.

Allot of customer service experience.
Great
I really enjoy working at Skechers. We have a great team, the management are brilliant with keeping our spirits up - giving recognition when it's deserved and if you need to swap a shirt for any reason, they will work around you as much as possible. Sometimes the shop can be busy so you multi serve 4-6people at anytime but when you know what you're doing it becomes 2nd nature. It's not a job for the faint hearted, products change constantly so keeping up to date is a must.
Hard Work
Great opportunities, you need to be strong at your job role,
the company want a lot from you but the perks/ benefits are good.

District Manager expects a lot, can be spoken to out of term, not always appreciated.

What retail company isn't at the moment though. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Upbeat and Active
I enjoyed being taught about the specific background knowledge on certain Skechers products including their shoes and apparel. The environment in which the team created made me feel included into the work environment and contributed to my activity on the shop floor.
Pros
Good Discounts, Productive environment
Cons
Long Hours, Distance to work
Avoid!
Where to begin? Very poorly run business from top to bottom, constant turnover in management across all stores. Heavily kpi focused but unrealistic targets set for all staff. All in all a completely poor company avoid at all costs!
Fine but not great
It all comes down to management.

The number of store managers that have come and gone in the Liverpool One store says a lot about the toxic environment in which staff are forced to work. The job itself is not the issue however, there are a few key individuals in-store and in higher management that make the job unenjoyable.
Pros
50% discount on items
Cons
Constant pressure to hit targets, even on quiet days
Poorly managed
Severely understaffed, will be working on your own, made to feel like no one cares about you, and management are condescending and will lie to your face.

Comes as a 6hr contract but you’ll be working closer to 30, won’t be sympathetic to your needs and hours. personally you will be doing the job of 3 people in one.

More people have left than what has joined the team in the past month.

No training giving whatsoever all they’re bothered about is up selling socks and shoe care products to customers, selected staff get appraisals while newbies will be made to feel stupid and worthless, you’ll not get a uniform and they will just have a go at you for not wearing appropriate clothing brands.
Pros
Job security due to lack of staff, free pair of shoes
Cons
Understaffed, job satisfaction not met, can’t have tattoos/piercing/hair dye