Sizzling Pubs Employee Reviews

Keep well away.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside26 October 2018
Worst place to work the hard workers get nothing but dreadful pay , worked like a slave no investment in any of the staff , all they’re interested in is making more and more profit - teaching targets to line the area managers pocket. Under staffed / under paid and under valued .
Pros
Nothing at all.
Money grabbers
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham20 September 2018
Very much put as little money into your business to make as such as possible.
Impossible to keep team retention as busy peaks vs team on shift never enough.
Example, have a kitchen team of 6 only, 3-4 on shift for busy nights only yet still unable to keep up with volume, faulty equipment to.
Dinner times labour only gives you 1 chefs alone for handle £800 worth of sales in 2 hours. 2 chefs on any typical night, 3-4 on Friday and Saturday night only but only because you have to remove hours elsewhere.
Never any tools and equipment to do your job, B&M and poindworld were main suppliers as no budget to afford our consumables through company budget so team had to buy out of own pocket.
Run around like headless chicken for NMW.
Cons
Long hours, life/ work balance, understaffed, no investment
A great place to work
Kitchen Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 September 2018
It's a good place to work you are given all the training you will need. The management are very supportive. A typical day will start with you getting set up for the day i.e. Prepping and stocking up.
It can be hard work but when you finish a rush you feel good
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Possible long shifts
You wil lern a lot
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire10 September 2018
The landlord can be moody and is over worked. More employees
will help him out a lot.

A fun but stressful place to work, but 100% worth it.

The food is nice to.
Pros
nice locals
Cons
violence
Bad place to work long hours little brakes
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire9 August 2018
Mangerment is really bad hours stoped if they ant happy with you, even if you are ment to be on a set amount. Long hours min wage and no thank you. Late nights and early mornings. The only good thing was some of the people you work with. Not allowed to talk to the custermers as the manager will slag you off and the staff.
Pros
It’s money
Cons
Long hours treated like you don’t matter
Awful!!!
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex25 June 2018
Honestly the worst management ever, long hours with no breaks, no social life. They don’t thank or appreciate you and the work you do and no chance of progression as they employ other people instead of doing what they said they would do and progress you.
Awful awful awful!!!!
Never
Bar Staff and Waitress (Current Employee) –  North East18 May 2018
If you love a social life don’t apply for this! Very badly ran. Expected to work long hours for no Thankyou what so ever. Don’t like working for the company at all
Cons
productive and fun work place
chef (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 May 2018
i started working for sizzling pubs with no kitchen experience, i was asked if id like to try it , i got full time one to one training from the accredited kitchen manager for the company , after i was trained i was offered a permanent job in a brand new kitchen in a different location , the opportunity and lifestyle that came with the job was excellent , learning the day to day running of a kitchen/ pub was really intense and hard work but once id picked it up the work llife and people were great .
Good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Coventry16 November 2017
The place was very well run and i enjoyed working here very much although the pay may not have been as good i still very much enjoyed working here and the experience that it gave me
Team ethos
FOH Team leader (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire17 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at The Wildwood and made some lifetime friends.
My manager tried her best to work to my advantage and was compassionate when it really counted.
Pros
discounts
Cons
busy work periods with few staff at times
Very social and enjoyable
Bar Staff / team leader (Current Employee) –  Poole8 March 2017
Working in the pub trade I was told I wouldn't enjoy, due to the hours etc. But I have to say I have loved it, a very sociable job, and as long as you have the right attitude towards the job then it can be very enjoyable and satisfying. The only small downside I would say, is the salary isn't out of this world. But money doesn't buy happiness.
Pros
Enjoyable
Good place to work and a good team
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 February 2017
Good place to work, Meet good people.
Good team.
Good company benefits.
Good management team in place.
Good staff discount.
Perfect for students
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oldbury8 November 2016
Good place to work for students or people finding your feet! Not many opportunities for anyone that's not management.

Hours can be unsociable
Management can be rude and uncaring
Customers are very welcoming
No perks or benefits
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Great team and friendly customers.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 August 2016
Typical day consists and serving food and drink to customers and making sure they're satisfied with their experience here. Cleaning the interiors and exteriors so they're to a high company standard as to attract custom form the public. End of shift usually consists of turning off all gaming machines, cleaning down the bar and lounge area and restocking the fridges.

Working here I've learned how to use tills and handle money, improved communication skills with both fellow team members and with the public. Learned most aspects of working behind a bar from pulling pints to changing barrels.

Management at this job is the best I've had so far. No demanding for jobs to be done, instead asking you to do them which is how it should be. Overall friendly and doesn't think themselves above others, instead working together as one team to get through the day together. Same can be said for my co-workers, best I've had, easy to communicate with and work with and generally make me feel welcome and enjoy my shift.

Hardest part of my job at first was dealing with a bust rush of customers as it was my first time dealing with the public. But after a while I got used to it and could handle the rush, effectively serving one customer and then proceeding to the next, in relatively quick succession.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm appreciated by customers and my fellow team members. Gives me a sense of worth and satisfaction in my work which I haven't really had until now.
Pros
Discount on food whilst on shift; great team and management
Cons
Unpredictable pay and hours; unsociable hours
No work life balance
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff23 November 2015
Had to leave my post as assistant manager due to complete lack of work life balance. I was expected to work 48 hours a week on salary fact is I never worked less tha. 60 hours. It got so bad I had to book a holiday to have a day off with my husndand. Productivity system which was put in place to manage rotas and staffing levels is the reason why some say they aren't laid for over time they work. This system caused huge problems and would sometimes suggest that during down times not one member of staff was needed in the building??? I completed the management scheme and obtained my license which I was grateful for but apart from that the couple I worked for at first where extremely hostile and argumentative. He would sit at Tue end of the bar drinking and giving you verbal abuse for your whole shift. She was erratic and petty. A second manager took over and she was a very hard working experiences lady who was extremely supportive but I think by that time I had just had enough.
Pros
Hands on expereience. Meeting new people, feeling part of a community
Cons
Long shifts, poor pay
Hit or miss
Chef (Current Employee) –  West midlands28 August 2015
Since new management have taken over its been nice being a younger team however.... The new management are after what they can get for nothing. No1 has been paid right and if you work past the time.you're supposed to finish, chances are you won't get paid for it.
Pros
Young team
Cons
To stressful for the lack of money
Poorly run
Bar Staff & Waiter - The Park (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG11 November 2014
I would never recommend anyone to work in this establishment, the management is awful.
Pros
Cons
Abusive manager
productive work atmosphere
Kitchen assistant/Team leader (Current Employee) –  Newport, WLS5 April 2014
overall quite good experience. not much oppurtunity to progress. hours are unreliable.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Romford, ENG21 August 2013
I work well as part of a team, im a bubbly person and a good team player.
I have my own pub licanse, I have manage a team of ten, im good with computers and computise tills.
productive and fun workplace
Bar/Waiter and Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, ENG17 August 2013
can be quite fast paced work on busy days but all the staff are friendly and you can always ask for help if there's something you're unsure about. everybody works as a team.
Pros
easy work
Cons
hard to get a lot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sizzling Pubs. Our community is ready to answer.

Sizzling Pubs Reviews by Location