How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Sitel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom725 reviews
A professional yet friendly and helpful internal service - were able to deal with even the most micro of issues for such a macro organisation.

Was only there for a short NHS contract during 2020 pandemic, but was very impressed for a remote role.
work really hard, and then get accused of cheating the system.
Never been so disgusted in my life with a company. Never bother to find out true facts.
Pros
Flexi
Cons
Untrue management
Very satisfying job, everything is spotless. very helpful management; the training is decent. I can recommend Sitel as a good company to work for. Do not hesitate to give it a go.
No job security at all. Some of the managers were nice but you're walking in egg shells around alot of them. And no chance getting the holiday off that you've booked. All of that along with getting shouted at my disgruntled customers all day everyday. No chance of making friends because the staff turn around is so high and they'll rpibablt get fired for having 1 sick day.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Corrupt, overly strict, bad work/life balance.
Ability to work from home is amazing step from Sitel.
Does help to save money on lunch and others expense to get to work, plus save time on comuite, just switch of the computer and relax.

Amaizing!!!
Pros
The paid is good as no expense to get to work.
Cons
I can't see one myself or maybe no fixed contracts.
I love Sitel one of the best companies I’ve worked for. Very organised company run by great management! Keeps employees well informed of any updates. Extremely smooth process in hiring us. Great Training.
Pros
Great Management, Good Training, Relaxed environment
Sitel fizzes with positive energy. It’s a proactive, engaging, motivating and fun place to work. Everyone’s working towards the same goal, which is excellent customer calls which hit the KPI’s and result in a positive outcome. You’ll learn loads and quickly. The support from colleagues & management is excellent, focused on continual improvement & learning from each other. Sitel is very clear & straightforward on what it wants from its employees.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
So Sitel... if i could rate this institute a zero then i would.

Where do i begin?!...

Managers are nothing but RUDE and INTIMIDATING. They do not give a toss about you. There is no incentives to help you or to motivate you, all they care about is their own selves.

Everyone in every department are quick to shrug you off when you need help, from IT to HR to Real Time. Everyone is so unprofessional.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Sitel is a great place to work. Management is very hands on and the training is excellent. This is a fast paced environment, a person needs to be focused from the outset. Targets are achievable with hard work. You get back what you put into this job. Reliability is always a big factor as well as Sitel have clients needs to be met so short notice absences won’t work out. This job can be a lot of fun once you have grasped what is required of you. If you love dealing with the general public and helping people in whatever way is required of you then this is the job for you. One of the best places I have ever worked, would give them 100 stars if I could ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Pros
Training, state of the art call centre, people, Starbucks, clients
Cons
I worked on a temporary contract for 3 months on a WFH basis. Work was slow but it was such an awesome environment even WFH. The manager for our team was awesome, our questions were answered quickly by other departments. You get paid weekly which is great and the rate of pay was fantastic. Never had any payroll issues. They have since offered me another contract in their offices which I start soon, the people who interviewed me were so nice and wonderful. My favourite company to work for.
Pros
Amazing friendly staff
Sitel is a relaxed business however we do have targets!
Work from home is fantastic and the training was brilliant

I have progressed to manager in less then 6 months- hard work is rewarded
Pros
Work from home, good pay, career advancement
Cons
N/a
Probably the worst run organisation, extremely dysfunctional, staff being promoted to senior levels without any tangible experience. The worst company I have ever worked for. If you’re a softly spoken snowflake you’ll be fine but if you speak out and make management that they are hopelessly out of their depth you’re quickly brushed aside. I worked on the NHS campaign as a floor walker/slave. Management done absolutely nothing. Sat playing quizzes with iOS managers. The place is full to the brim with kids who sell drugs and sniff cocainein the toilets. It’s a revolving door culture and if your face fits you’ll be fine. Management have their favourites.
Pros
The people I met, good choice of food in the canteen
Cons
The management, the director, the place is filthy, Hr, face fits culture
Very simple and relaxed job with great support from colleagues and managers. Helping those with confirmed Covid-19 is very rewarding and enjoying every moment and phone call.
Pros
Amazing mentors and colleagues
Cons
non
I have had a great experience working for sitel swansea and have be able to learn many great skills along the way fab place to work with great people who make the every day job amazing 😁
Learned alot from this company was sad that the campaign ended. Their will be another opportunity to go back 😃 which ill be looking forward to it. They are always their to help you. They have a cafe on site.
Pros
lots overtime available
Cons
people messing about on the floor
The company is not reliable. Sitel disables my log in details, prior to starting job, I also did 2 weeks training without getting paid, which is a breached of our agreement.
I would not recommend anyone work here as when they interview you you have to say if you take recreational drugs. During my time there was a lot of drugs being sold between colleagues.

From the end of March this year I was put on self-isolating due to having a weakened immune system to the medication I take due to having a kidney transplant in March 2019.

My first week of self-isolation I got paid, but then the week after that no wages until I was put on furlough through the government retention scheme. No communication with me until the 5th of June when I got a phone call off them to tell me my last day of work would be on the 12th of June.

Managers wouldn't let us take holidays which has put me and my family at a disadvantage of claiming Universal Credits. This is due to the number of holidays I was due.

Also, I felt like I was actually in a nursery work due to the maturity age of half of the other people I worked with.
Awful company. I Had to take time off during training to self isolate because of covid and I got sacked for not completing the training. Unbelievable!
Pros
Cons
Everything about them
Got sacked along with another 50+ people for not socially distancing enough apparently. I would argue until I was blue in the face that I was and when I asked if I could see the CCTV of where I was sat to prove this, they declined. So all these people left jobless mid pandemic with no warning, written warning, nothing. Instant dismissal for something I would argue did not happen in the first place. This, we all really know, was to do with the fact the Government Track and Trace scheme has been a shambles and there is nowhere near enough cases in comparison to the amount of staff they employed.
Pros
The canteen was nice
Cons
You genuinely get sacked on the spot if they are over staffed
Worked on Covid T&T from home. Minimal training, awful IT and systems. Management virtually non existent, ideas to improve system ignored. Geared towards younger workers to an unbelievable extent, if you are over 30 you will feel like you are from another planet. Faux caring and inclusiveness is tiring and shown quickly to be very false if you don't agree with the "Happy Clappy it's so great to work here " line .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I have been working at sitel now for a year. I really enjoy it. A few months after I started I got some bad news about my health. Managers and HR have been really supportive. I have had some time off and they were great with me about it. Fully supported and really helpful. The atmosphere is fast paced but a lot of fun. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Ongoing Training and working environment
Cons
Some shift patterns