Sitel Employee Reviews

Found 516 reviews matching the search See all 9,015 reviews
Worse job ever
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Exeter23 June 2019
If your over 25 do not work here , it's like a school play ground , management are all brain washed and can't think for themselves , poor pay , no surport , have to log in to systems in your own time , very childish atmosphere
Pros
Cons
to many to list
26 June 2019

We're sorry to hear that you feel your experience working with us was not as you had hoped. Feedback from our diverse site community shows us that our employees enjoy working with their colleagues, learn from each other and feel able to be themselves at work. All employees benefit from regular individual coaching and support from our trained management team. We are a customer service provider and so do ask that all employees arrive in good time to start their shift in order to support their colleagues and customers. We are happy to be able to offer all staff a minimum of the 25+ NLW regardless of age. Please contact us if you would like to talk us through your concerns further.

Unfroffessional and mannerless dirty employees and clueless managers
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 June 2019
Day time robbers and full slavery for basic minimuum wage. It is a disgrace to work for Sitel Coventry especially UKVI. The customer service advisors and the mnagement and UK visas and inmigrations are all liars , to cheat the innocent people and charge them £1.37 a minimute for calls where no advises are given only lies are fed big time to make money out of the poor customers. The emails are charged at £5.48 an email where only links from GOV.UK are provided which is again a day time robbery. Extremelly untrained staff and money making institution where business earns in billions but poor employees are paid minimum wage for attending calls after calls and thousands of emails where complete incorrect information is given. This business of UKVI should shut down because it is making a right fool of hard working customers who pay from there nose and receive nothing but incorrect infornation and lies in return. Shame on management who are headless chikens occupaying fat salaries on day time robbery. Ombusman should look into this and shut the business down from Sitel the most unpriffessional work place with zero work ethics.
Pros
Can get away with a day time murder
Cons
Day time slavery and inefficient clueless HR and managenent
professional but fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  stratford upon avon17 June 2019
Staying at Sitel for as long as i have was not down to a brilliant income or employee benefits, but the wonderful people i met whilst working their are the reason i stayed for so long.
Pros
the people
Cons
travelling expenses
Friendly place to work
Customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 June 2019
Gives you loads of options for work and customer service, a really friendly place to work, great help when needed, help you out around your personal life also
Easy but boring
NCS Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 June 2019
A good job to have short term with minimum wage.
They're awkward with shifts. Management appears to be stressed/bored so will constantly have a bone to pick unless they like you. Not a challenging work place, so you will get bored. Very informal and gossip central environment despite having to wear smart clothes Monday to Thursday. Got paid weekly and paid for holidays so kind of made it worth it.
Pros
Q Card with discounts, paid weekly and paid holidays
Cons
Awkward if need to change shifts, some rude managers and collegues
Sitel
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 June 2019
I was originally only at Sitel for a short time, however, I found them rather accommodating and friendly place to work would go back to work for them.
Pros
Good atmosphere
13 June 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time working with us and felt accommodated.

Literally the worst place in the world
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 June 2019
I’ve never worked in such a shoddy place I’ve ever worked.

Impossible to get a single day off tell you nothing but lies from the minute you get have your interview till
You start it’s like slave labour very poorly paid training is an absolute joke train on a system you don’t use
Do not work here it’s horrible
Pros
Zeo
Good development opportunities
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon2 June 2019
SItel has provided me with a good level of support and opportunities to develop skills in the customer service field. This has allowed me to progress through the business from entry level to management.
Pros
learning and support
Cons
Shift Patterns
4 June 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you feel supported in your role and see the opportunities available for development. In terms of shift patterns, this is something that we are all currently working together to help improve.

Not a good place for your sanity.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 June 2019
Training they say is 4 weeks but it’s only 2.
This is not long enough as so much to take in.
Turn over of staff is way to great as you are not treated very nicely.
It’s supposed to be a five day week job but it ends up being a 7-10 day week without a day off due to bad rotas being done by people who don’t have a clue and as long as they do little work themselves.
Work is environment is like being a battery hen .
Work colleagues are great but management and mentors don’t give a hoot about you and talk about you so you can hear it which is lovely if your thick skinned.
Stats are a must in this job if you don’t succeed with this then you are pressured until you do which will lead to you having a break down.
If you are going to apply to work for this so called company then really think if you are up for losing your sanity.
They are always advertising for staff which is a sign of how bad things are in the company and staff keep leaving.
Pros
Cons
Long hours . Bad managers and mentors.
6 June 2019

Hi there,

We are disheartened to hear that your experience with us was not positive, and you had some concerns around the training and scheduling.

At Sitel, we aim to provide a thorough training programme to help our employee’s to succeed in their new role, and at Recruitment stage, we always seek to provide as much information as possible as to what to expect when you start with us. Our training programmes range from 2-4 weeks, dependant on the role you have been successful for and how well you perform during training.

With reference to our hours, as we do work on a rota’s basis across the opening hours, we always wish to provide you with your shifts ahead of time and should you have concerns about your schedule we encourage our employee’s to let us know. We are continually looking to improve the working hours for employee’s and promote an easier work/life balance.

As you have raised concerns about the management you experienced, we would be happy to discuss this in detail with you, as we do work to ensure that our employee’s needs are met.

If you are happy to contact our HR team to discuss this further, we would happily look in to the issues you have raised and provide relevant feedback to you and our teams.

Our contact details are 01392 889200.

Once again, thank you for bringing your thoughts and feedback to our attention and we wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Best,

Sitel Exeter

Awful!!
Retentions agent (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea28 May 2019
Your " allowed " 5 minutes per day to go to the bathroom or grab yourself a drink, the reason I have put quotation marks on allowed is because if you dare you will have higher management coming over asking why you took that 5 minutes,I had over 170 hours of holiday allocation that I cannot use due to " no availability ". The training is basically non existence, have customers on a daily swear at you or tell you they are going to kill themselves (if they are in debt) and its your fault, no training for this sort of call given and management refuse to take over the call or help. You work EVERY bank holiday which you get back in holiday days, but they don't actually give it to you back, compassionate leave? No such thing unless its a parent who dies. Any siblings or grandparents then tuff its in there policy only parents.
Pros
Cons
Hours, holidays, managment
Great job until they mess you around
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 May 2019
really enjoyed this job for the most part, hours were consistent with available overtime and friendly colleagues. Management however were poor from the get-go, treating there teams as more of mates and most definitively having favorites. My manager actually lied to me in re guards to commission, (so that they would get commission), caused me to be out £500 when I really needed it. Not the worst job in the world but not a trustworthy or stable job.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good pay & commission (when you actually get it)
Cons
poor management, very much seen as a number
Super leuke job!
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Greater London28 May 2019
Ik heb voor sitel in Kingston (london) gewerkt, maar toen mijn vader overleed zijn we onverwacht toch weer terug gekomen naar nederland.
Ik heb een hele goede tijd daar gehad, goed management.
hele leuke collega's. Ik mis het nog steeds!
Pros
leuke na werktijdse activiteiten, leuke collega's
Cons
1.5 reizen om er te komen.
Great work environment and good pay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon24 May 2019
The job was very enjoyable and paid well. The work environment was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers. The most difficult part of the job was managing hours alongside studying, as at the time I was in my second year of University.
4 June 2019

Thanks for the review. We're sorry to hear that it was a little difficult to manage alongside your studying. However, it's great that you enjoyed your time here and wowing your customers each day!

Pretty great place so far
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Maxim park glasgow20 May 2019
Ive been with sitel a few months and have grew as a person it can be challenging in the virgin campaign but the people make it a great place to be ive met so many amazing people.
Pros
Good breaks
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford upon-Avon20 May 2019
My experience at Sitel whilst i was an employee was a very rewarding experience. I enjoyed everything about the job, my colleagues we're a delight to work with and the training i received before hand was very helpful towards the role that i applied for.
Pros
Good environment
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon19 May 2019
I would highly advise not to work for sitel! You are given very little training before going live, and then left completely to figure things out for yourself. And just to add insult to injury you are constantly picked apart by the management in “quality meetings” with no actual advice on how to improve. The constant put downs got too much for me to the point I couldn’t bring myself to go to work.

On top of this, even if you are genuinely unwell they accuse you of lying. This did not just happen to me.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Passive aggressive management and poor training (Flybe)
6 June 2019

Hi there,

We are disappointed to learn that your experience with us wasn’t as positive as we’d like for it to be.

At Sitel we aim to provide training which is tailored to the role you have been hired for, with our in-house team of Learning Specialists, who work hard to meet the needs of each learner. Our current model provides a minimum of two weeks training in any role, before going live and speaking to customers.

We will ensure we provide your feedback to the Operations team as to how we can make Quality Meetings more beneficial for everyone, as these meetings are set out to highlight concerns from our teams as to how we can make the role easier, and better for you.

With reference to our absence policy, we would never wish to imply whether an individual is well enough to work and should you wish to discuss our absence management policy in more detail, we would be happy to speak to you about this directly and provide any advice on your own individual set of experiences.

You can call our HR team on 01392 889200 and you would be welcome to raise your concerns to one of our team who can address this for you.

Wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Sitel Exeter.

fun place to work
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 May 2019
All the staff were friendly in all departments. Most of the time being their i was offered over time on multiple occasions. Management was friendly always looked out for the staff. I worked 20 hours over 5 days a week (they were my contracted hours + days). The hardest part of the job was that their wasn't always things to do but work soon picked up again.
Pros
friendly staff, overtime
Cons
short shifts (Part-time)
very very less mney
German Speaking Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames14 May 2019
i really do not recommend this company . They hired me as a german speaking call agent and i made my job very very good but i would never work there again it is not worth it to invest that effort for less money.
Don't apply you will regret it and will cause mental health problems
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon13 May 2019
Sitel are a bunch of two faced idiots as they said on my first week (which was only last week) that if I'd failed the proof of learning test for the second time that they'd support me into passing the 3rd time, they were well aware of my special needs. Instead they just found a reason to get rid of me!! It was literally like being back in school, I'm glad I haven't had to endure any more of this rubbish job. And the staff are soo two faced and get easily agitated if I didn't quite pick something up. This job has also been known to cause mental health problems amongst it's staff so unless you want to end up suicidal I wouldn't apply. Better for someone's health if they just stayed well away from this place simple as that.
17 May 2019

We are disappointed you feel this way about your time with us. We are a diverse organisation and take constructive and supportive steps to help everyone who comes to work with us. Our staff take pride in delivering great customer service and in being part of our site community here. If you would like to talk about any concerns you have please pm us; we are happy to discuss further with you.

Draining but nice staff
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire11 May 2019
I have worked here for 3 months, the staff and management are very helpful, they aren’t willing to help with travel or arrange shifts if you have trouble getting home. It only took for me to have time off work for them to sort it. Very draining work, staff are friendly, settled in very well. Mentally draining work as you get lots of calls about appliances and frustrated customers on the phone. Not great wages but it’s okay for a temp job
Pros
Free food and coffee, lovely staff
Cons
Inflexible managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K