SITA UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Arkwright! Compost recycling centre
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arkwright21 June 2018
This has to probably be my worst job I've ever had! The heat is unbearable at 50c and told to put an ice pack vest on. The ammonia is horrible. I woukdnt recommend this job role to anyone.
Pros
Decent lads
Cons
Flys horrible smell/heat
Hard work but I enjoyed the physical side of ir
Recycling Operative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire7 April 2018
Work all over Calderdale collecting recycling,I worked for agency so was never really secure even though I always worked,sometimes working 8 days a week
Pros
Early finishs
Cons
Management was terrible
Terrible company - Higher management all need to lose their jobs
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Home/field based20 March 2018
The day to day job was good, I loved meeting with clients, loved everyone on the ground at site, how Suez managed to get such wonderful people at site level is beyond me. Sadly, higher management just don't care if you live or die, you are but a number whose head could be cut at any moment. NO job security, NO advancement available, talking to a brick wall if you have a complaint.

When you look at all the video's online, you would think "Yes, I'm doing good for the planet" Sadly, you are no eco warrior here, you are a bin man, and that's all you would ever feel like working for Suez.

How this company were in the top 25 companies to work for is beyond me, all I can think of is there were but 25 companies on that list.

Pay is below what other similar companies offer. The only one good thing, I got to work from home.

I would avoid working hereā€¦ as much as you possibly can.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Higher management
Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol21 October 2017
Really good place to work working out in the community and talking with the public first hand lots of heavy lifting and also a lot of walking but do keep you fit
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Weather
good company ethos but AWFUL higher management
Area Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey18 October 2017
higher management is the worst i have ever encountered!! If your face doesnt fit you will be made to leave the job through being treated badly and bullying and harassment.

DONT JOIN THEM!
Pros
staff on recycling sites very nice
Cons
Every part of higher management
Job was ok at at first. But the sraff started to get lazy and it had a knock on effect
Site Operative (Former Employee) –  London sidcup18 August 2017
I liked it because you was outside and I didn't mind working with the public. But once I knew everything. Everybody else got lazy. And I was doing double work. And that's what made me leave in the end. I liked the job. But the staff wasn't that good.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Hours were ok
Sita
Junior web developer (Current Employee) –  Hayes9 August 2017
Global IT company for aerospatial industry. The main sites are located in Atlanta, Singapore and London. There are two main specialities, services for companies and telecommunications.
refuse loader
refuse loader (Former Employee) –  Reading31 May 2017
loved working outside,good team work,enjoyed early mornings,was job and finish,working monday to friday,occassional saturday,depending on bank holidays and xmas
Pros
yearly pay rise, weekly attendance bonus
Cons
working in all weathers
Horrible place to work, terrible management,rubbish facilities.
Suez worker (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk15 February 2017
This company at Grangemouth has a revolving front door they have a high staff turnover and those who are still there hate the place nobody has a good word to say about the place. Rubbish wages, terrible facilities, rock bottom morale, terrible bullying and incompetent management. Grangemouth operations manager is the worst manager I have ever met with no management skills whatsoever a truly despicable man, Place is a rudderless ship with no direction but down.
Obviously this company are advertising under SITA to avoid the terrible Suez reviews.
Pros
1 weeks notice for the first 6 months.
Cons
Wages, management, facilities, morale, nobody listens.
Terrible company, do not look after employees
Field Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 February 2017
To start with it's all great, great salary, company car and fuel card but as soon as your out in the field on your own that's it the company do not car about you. All they do want you to do is hit targets. You text or ring managers and wait days for a response. I wouldn't recommend working here
Pros
Good salary, car, fuel card, freedom
Cons
Rubbish management, no help
Exciting forward looking company
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon7 February 2017
Every day brings challenges and rewards
Many things learnt over the years
Excellent management
A really professional culture
Meeting budgets and time constraints
Knowing your achievements job satisfaction
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
Hours can be unsocial
Lack of support from management
Administrator / Senior Customer Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Hayes10 October 2016
I worked there for 17 years you are now just a number and not a person. The company has lost its way and does not look after its employees.
Cons
Lack of management support
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare23 March 2016
Great place to work, great staff and management, easy enough to progress if you want too, been with the company 6 months and already progressed from CSA to Credit Controller.
Cons
un organised, no leadership or direction
agency driver (Former Employee) –  Notts11 May 2015
I worked for Sita Uk as an agency driver on a temp to perm contract, I received no training on the vehicle I was driving (bin lorry) I have driven various lorries throughout my driving career so luckily I picked it up fast.
I was not given any training on the emptying of the vehicle when it was full, and to that point was given a "near miss" when it came to emptying the vehicle at the un loading depot,as I could not carry out the un loading procedure correctly!!!

The company have recently re located and have lost a great deal of regular drivers who knew the job/routes,as a new driver I was just given the keys and the work sheets and told to "do my best!!

The other drivers were helpfull and friendly, as were the girls in the office, but I feel that they are being "put upon" and they felt their hand were tied when it came to trying to improve things.

This could be a very good job if/as and when it was more organised and operated correctly, the training seriously needs reviewing/addressing.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes having to move heavy bins which are sometimes difficult to get into position to empty into the bin lorry.also route planning could be better, especially when you are sent out alone without a loader
Pros
working Mon to Fri. No weekends
Cons
disorganised, no training.
Good company to get in with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Devon7 May 2015
If you're looking for a company that have the opportunity to "climb the ladder" then Sita is one of them. They are good for training if you want it and the extra responsibility that goes with some of it.
You work with some really great, genuine people, and meet some interesting characters too. If you're a stickler for detail, confident and passionate then you'll go far. The management team are always willing to help in anyway they can. Sita UK also have many great benefits and are willing to invest in you.
class 1 driver
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 July 2014
collections and deliveries,dealing with customers,filling in time sheets.
sita uk
refuse collector/flt driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, ENG31 January 2014
good to work for when on a contract reofferd zero hours contract was unable to take due to providing for family not enough hours
Pros
lots of exersize
Cons
feet hert lol
Out of my league
Recycling Operative (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, ENG22 October 2013
an average day would entail sweeping pathways and making sure ALL rubbish went into the correct bins. Two people were the best management. The hardest part of the day was through tea breaks as I didn't want to get moving again. I am NOT lazy it is just I am an admin girl and was sent to do labouring.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Honestly don't get my started.
vey nice place to work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, ENG25 September 2013
really good place to work,really good hours,good pay and nice management.
Pros
very good hours
Hardworking, busy company
Operations administrator (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG15 August 2013
Checking emails from customers, companies, councils.
Dealing with previous day issues - customers/staff
Confirming previous day work/vehicles/staff
Purchase order processing
Ensuring that general administration support was provided to both staff and management
Banking
Picking up previous work from other depots which we covered throughout each working day.

Lone working in the office, but support on site from staff and management.

Enjoyable part of the job - meeting the public and dealing with their issues, speaking with the various councils.

Hardest part of the job - running out of time during the day, to ensure that everything was completing before going home.
Pros
Staff support during each day
Cons
Longs Hours, working lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SITA UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.