Sirona Care and Health CIC Employee Reviews

If your face fits..
Bank Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 August 2019
Changable management with overwhelming targets results in overwhelmed exhausted staff..all levels.

Some of the health facilities are out dated and a lot needs to be done to bring a more cultural friendly approach to many of the existing care providers.

If your face fits seems to sum up this employer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours and sad staff
Gang and blame culture
HCA (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset4 May 2019
Worked as Bank Staff mainly in the Extra Care Buildings for about 3 months, The Coombe Lee building in Midsomer Norton is a NO GO AREA. The staff is not there to embrace anyone new or integrate anyone new into any process that could lead to a smooth running of the DEMENTIA UNIT with good procedures in place. Heard comments from other Bank Staff that just about managed to complete shifts in the two other DEMENTIA buildings and said the staff were clicky and not welcoming. The staff can be patronising and feels more like " jail cell " wardens rather than workmates as they are feeding into the "Blame Culture" installed by the middle management. Let be if intending to work there coming from a different ethnic background and not accepting the slave tag. Some staff who are mainly appointed once and once again as shift leaders are will be pushed around. The Contract for Bank Staff is a death sentence from the very moment you sign it, as it gives you absolutely "no rights" to a voice or any basic employment status. All the shifts and care plans are delivered digitally so any errors or blames can easily be placed on you if a handful of people above you decide to do it. They can blame you for anything as will not be supported by the HR staff. The NHS money will continue to be thrown at advertisements searching for Bank Staff.
Pros
Not all staff is part of the gang
Cons
No rights, blame culture, closed door attitudes, lack of professional management
Great to work where people really care!
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 January 2019
Compared to previous roles and companies Sirona has been a massive culture change. Everyone is really supportive and higher management are really visible.
My pay is a bit lower comparatively with similar roles but the benefits far outweigh the money difference.

I'm new to the role but my induction was great and I've received lots of training. The pace and flow of my role is always changing on a day to day basis. Some days are super busy but others not so much.
Pros
Supportive and professional culture and good benefits
Cons
Pace of my role is changeable
Rewarding job let down by poor communication at every level.
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Bristol and surrounding areas.12 August 2018
Difficult company to work for as there are so many branches of Sirona that some systems don't work throughout the entire organisation. Luckily I love my job, as there are no prospects for me to advance within my role.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Flexible working times and days/nights.
Cons
Poor communication, Senior management not in touch with employees, always short of staff adding extra pressure to the job.
Children complex care support worker
Complex care children’s support worker (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset8 April 2018
Good company overall to work for. Intensive training and initial support. Howeve, support isn’t necessarily ongoing and you don’t find things out that are important unless another carer happens to tell you.
You are also needed to work a lot of weekends as there always seems to be a shortage of staff.
Pay seems good at start, but, no enhancement for weekend work and not much more for nights.
Pros
Great training and good to help people who need intensive care
Cons
Pay daily low for the responsibility of the care required
Good to work
Triage nurse (Current Employee) –  MIU Yate5 April 2018
It’s fine depending what you are looking for in a job. With good colleagues to work with and ample annual leave hours. The location of job is very accessible
Fantastic group of professionals to work with
Casual Bank Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath8 November 2016
Sirona Healthcare encourage your development and offer very good training before you begin working with them. You often have to ask questions but the support is there.
Pros
Wonderful people to work for and with
Cons
poor communication
Review
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath28 July 2014
I wouldn't say i have a 'typical day at work' although my routine is to enter the office, check the generic invoice email address that we have, input and submit all the invoices that have been sent in overnight/early morning and then see what tasks i have to complete that day. The only day really that remains the same week in, week out is a Tuesday. Tuesday's is the companies 'payment run' so it is my responsibility to make sure that all the invoices that have been authorised in the last week are submitted and ready to be on the payment run. Followed by this, i have to make sure that all petty cash imprest sheets are added up and have the weekly petty cash ordered and fax the appropriate documents to the bank.

I have come on leaps and bounds in the last year, coming from a construction background i had no idea what to expect in a office, following completion of my apprenticeship i was offered the opportunity to stay on full time and work my way up to becoming an accountant once i have completed Level 3 & 4 with AAT. A few things i have learnt is all about journaling, how to do a monthly trial balance of accounts independently, raising invoices, inputting invoices, wide knowledge of Sage 200, account allocations.

The management all across the board are respectful people and will always listen and understand any issues you have, work related or not. They always make you feel welcome and will always give advise on how to further your knowledge in the career path that you pursue. My line manager has been an incredible help for getting me to where i am today from having no
  more... understanding of accounting.

The same goes for my co-workers, whenever they pass on a piece of work they have always been supportive if i need any help when completing the piece of work. They are always aiming to test me with different pieces of work and have a lot of belief in my understanding of accounting.

The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is posted in time for me to do my monthly trial balance at month end. Yet, i still believe this is the most beneficial side of accounting as all the effort i put in to having everything posted on time is reflected by making month end as easy as possible for myself and my co-workers.

As stated above, i believe that the most enjoyable side of my job is month end and the allocation/monthly trial balance at the end of every month.
Pros
Flexi-Time, Encouraging Co-Workers/Managers, Support & Belief from Co-Workers
Cons
I dont believe i have any cons with the company i work for or the environment i work in