Simpson Millar LLP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Absolute Shambles
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds2 May 2018
They don't appreciate their staff
management are a shambles - do things in long processes and don't listen to employee ideas
team I worked with spent their whole time gossiping about everyone else!
Very low salary
Put their staff through big redundancy processes 3 times, the third time being announced days before Christmas break!!
Pros
The only thing I gained from this job was experience to lead me on to a much better job elsewhere.
Cons
Very low paid salary, judgemental, staff spend most of their time gossiping, picking on each other, a lot of office politics, Highly unprofessional, worst place I've ever worked, Regularly redundancies.
Poorly managed, unsustainable workload
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire3 February 2017
The workload was excessive, unappreciated by the management, and poorly renumerated. Turnover of staff is high due to inadequate supervision and high stress levels.
Cons
Excessive workload
Small office
Office Manager/PA Clinical Negligence Department (Former Employee) –  Sheffield14 May 2014
Lack of growth forced closure and release of me from contract
It was very productive and a fun place to work.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stretford5 December 2013
At Simpson Millar I worked as a Personal Assistant to an Associate and Head of the CFA Department.
My duties consisted of audio typing, updating and liasing with clients, managing her diary, liaising with referrers/medical agencies and defendants.
I had a very strong relationship with my co-workers and still speak to some of them at present.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure my boss kept to her deadlines and meetings.
I thoroughly enjoyed this job for the 3 1/2 years I worked there. Being a PA/Office Manager is what I do best.
Pros
The Christmas Parties.
Cons
Getting out of work when the football was on at Trafford.
Great experiance
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead Ne117 November 2012
Hours were good, salary was excellent, all off the people i worked with were frendly and the manager was great. I wouldnt say there was a hard part to the job that i did it was all general office work and the most enjoyable part was just generally haveing a good talk with all the friendly staff who worked there
Pros
salary was excellent
Cons
dont have one