Silva Homes

Silva Homes Employee Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed my 6 week term with Silva Homes under an extremely friendly and professional environment. I managed the front office desk and assisted with customer care enquiries, voids key hand overs, CRM data capture and assisted facilities manager. I was offered an interactive role before I moved away.
Terrible place to work, lots of uncommitted people happy to do nothing all day. Management really do not care when complaints are made. Clicky environment where people have been at the organisation for a few years and think they run the company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
30% employees uncommited, low morale, terrible management
Ok if your face fits and you keep your mouth shut about health and safety If not your on your own and if you speak up about health and safety you’ll be pushed out
Having been with this organisation from 2008, I saw the management and culture go from fairly bad to much much worse over the past two years. Many promises were made by the new executive team, which have not come to fruition, and many great-sounding claims are made in job advertisements, which are simply untrue. Most colleagues are dedicated, hard-working and supportive of each other, but there are areas of the business where colleagues get away with poor performance and behaviour (even after an organisation-wide re-structure which saw about 50% staff turn-over). Poor decision-making by the executive team has created a chaotic working environment where many departments are floundering and colleagues feel unsupported and let down. The recruitment process is very poor - jobs are not advertised promptly meaning new post-holders start sometimes weeks after the old one has left, creating a situation where there is no meaningful handover and a backlog of work. I would advise caution regarding taking a job at Silva - take their claims with a large pinch of salt!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor leadership and decision-making by executive team and upper management
Great supporting staff. Friendly atmosphere. Association is going places. Great team ethics and values. Customer care is imperative and silva want to ensure that is recognised in the financial advice and support offered to help sustain tenancies.
My working experience with Silva is very much an extension of the interview experience I received. Warm welcoming staff who share a can do attitude they are very supportive and embrace working Collaboratively across all levels, we also have an executive team who are committed to providing excellent service for their customers.
Pros
Work life balance, nice people to work with, and a company that is working hard to provide good service to the customers
Cons
N/a
Great work/life balance, but politics with the senior management team can overshadow and cause issue for those who just want to get on with their work to the best of their ability.
Management are lacking, which has lead to poor decision making in turn adding additonal stress to already stretched positions. Moral is low and not much is done to help boost it
Silva is a great place to work. Good people, great facilities, flexibility and the company has good ambition. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a long term role.