Signature Senior Lifestyle Employee Reviews

Worst Care Home.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Secure Unit21 November 2019
Don't be fooled by the beautiful décor, looks like no expense spared. But trust me this Care Home is out for Profit only. That means there out to make as much money on there service Users & exploit there workers too. Carers are expected to work shifts 7am to 7pm. All for minimum wage!
I witnessed & experienced Extremely poor Management, bullying of extremely good staff. Certain staff member on secure unit, who appeared to be lovely in front of Family etc, although very well known for intimidating & bullying her colleagues & external support agencies. Both this Carer & her friend refusing support of a mental & physically handicapped service user. Witnessed 1st hand Declining Service user personal care, when heavily soiled & wet, No incontinence pads available, until I repeatedly asked for them. The only good point was some of the lovely ladies who provide activities for some of the service users. Work Culture is Control, Greed! Greed! Greed! I wouldn't recommend this workforce to anyone, least of all to live there in the retirement years. Maybe top Management would like to spare a thought when there old & infirm how they would like to be treated & spare a thought when they cream the profits whilst they pay decent hard working staff minimum wage. I thought Slave Labour was illegal, obviously not!
Official response from Signature Senior Lifestyle
25 November 2019

We are very disappointed to read your comments, you have made some serious allegations and we would like to find out more so that we can look in to this with the home. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding care to our residents and a safe and happy environment for our team.

Please can you contact our HR Team by emailing your details to hr.support@signaturesl.co.uk or calling 01494 685410.

We hope to hear from you so that we can get some further information. Thank you.

Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex29 July 2019
You were encouraged to work very hard. The management were fair. The staff had their own groups. They brought me a birthday present. The atmostphere was full on and demanding. Your break is very necessary.
Pros
A clean care home
Cons
Line manager
Fantastic team to be apart of at Moorlands
Care (Current Employee) –  Moorlands lodge, Hindhead Surrey23 July 2019
I have worked in signature for 4 years now and I couldn’t imagine being any where else, the care team is fantastic and full of energy, the residents are lovely and a pleasure to care for. The management structure has improved and communication is better, managers are willing to listen to new ideas and help the company grow and be a good working environment that benefits all. Unfortunately in all work places there is going to be bad opinions, but myself have never had any problems and am still working with over half the team I originally started there with. The company is passionate about developing people, very supportive with additional courses, competitive pay rates, and people who have previous left the company have come back at some point or stay on for bank shifts.
Pros
A great team to be apart of
Cons
Hours can be long, but thats work
Caring and Fun Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bushey, Hertfordshire18 June 2019
I really enjoy working for Signature. The Company Values sit with my own values completely and I have an amazing supportive team Throughout the entire home from Carers to GM. Great Place to work.
Pros
Caring team, Good Salary, Great Oppurtunities to Progress
Productive work place. Excellent Training.
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 June 2019
I am enjoy working in this company.Induction programme was very professional.People who want career growth and new skills can choose Signature Senior Lifestyle.
Bullying workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hindhead16 June 2019
The management are terrible there is to many managers all only interested in there own development. HR useless always up the managers backside. The care home is stunning and the residents are lovely just a shame about the managers in this place they let the place down.
Pros
Pay rate is above average in care sector
Cons
Management, no free meals regardless of how many hours
Not the best place to work!
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire21 May 2019
Overall great care staff and lovely residents but management doesn't care. Very arrogant, not supportive and rude, especially the HR manager.

Lack of communication - management never available to talk if there's an issue.

You'll get told off for something really small but when you do your job well and put in plenty of overtime - it's not noticed.

Pay is not great for all the responsibilities and duties.
I wouldn't recommend working there to anybody.
High staff turnover says it all.
Pros
Good in-house training
Cons
Really bad approach from the management
Comfortable setting to work
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ascot10 May 2019
Residents an setting was excellent. My day would start with Handover and making sure staff were ok. I enjoyed talking to and contacting resident families to do with care and other matters relating to the home.
Senior Care
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex22 February 2019
The building is lovely and the place looks amazing.
I was working for couple of months for night shifts under so much stress, most of the time sort staff, working with foreigns nurse, with broken english and very hard to communicate, which made the nursing home dangerous place for vulnerable patients.The management not supportive when complained, more concentrate on paper work and CQC visits.Lots of incidents, to many in-charge people. Recruitment team very unprofessional always compere other nursing homes and given negative example and pretend the Signature is the best. I will score the Signature only one star because of residents review too.
Most of them complaining about care given, not a good quality care , secondly the food was to ,,sophisticate and came in small portion, sometime not enough .
Cons
not a good place to work always to busy and short staff
Great Care Home to work at
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Parklands22 February 2019
Management are great, very understanding.
Lovely care staff and luxury environment to work in with great facilities.
Everyone is very supportive and caring. Feel like part of a team and valued.
Competitive pay and flexible hours
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parklands22 February 2019
Being new to care, the people are great, very supportive. Management around on the floor to ask for support. Working environment is fab.The home has a lovely friendly feel wherever you work
Pros
Lovely place to work, very frinedly staff and managers
Caring place to work
IT (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire11 January 2019
The staff create a pleasant atmosphere to work in, supporting each other in the office environment. Whilst there are pressure points at certain times of the month, there can still be healthy camaraderie to improve office morale. A pleasant place to work.
Pros
Improving a better work life balance
Cons
Sometimes communication is not the best
All aspects of working at Signature have met my full expectations over a 7 year period. I am very happy with the delivery of service to our residents
Operations Manager/Director (Current Employee) –  Beacon Road11 January 2019
I have found that Signature consistently delivers 'what it says on the tin'. The culture and values are strong throughout the organisation. This ultimately leads to the best quality care delivery for our residents

There is huge opportunity for personal and career development with competitive rates of pay which make Signature best in class.
Great until signature took over the catering
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey10 January 2019
Bad managers. One agreed to something then another manager would totally backtrack on the first manager. I never knew where I stood with them. I left after 6 weeks
Pros
Amazing company to work for
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire4 December 2018
Signature is a fantastic company to work for with a friendly and caring team which allows you to develop and learn in a safe environment.

Signature pay very competitively as well as providing a great work life balance.

I am really enjoying my time working with Signature and would highly recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Rewarding, Great work life balance
Fantastic Company - Great Values
Head of Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Support Office3 December 2018
- I've worked for Signature now for over two years and have loved every minute for it.
- The company is growing quickly and provides ample amount of career progression opportunities.
- They pay extremely well and review pay regularly.
- The culture is very much a caring culture, both in support office and in the homes
- There is an expectation that you do your working hours and claim back hours that you do over your contract, which allows a fantastic work life balance.
- Management really work on ensuring their teams are looked after
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Work Life Balance
Cons
Fantastic company to be a part of
Recruitment Partner (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire3 December 2018
Signature offer fantastic working environments and great career development. The homes are very well organised and everything is thought out very carefully. With competitive pay rates both at Support Office and in the homes, Signature offer an overall great place to work.
Busy
Head Chef and Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London2 December 2018
Not enough professional kitchen members
To run a so called 5 star settiing, poor equipment, poor maintenance, stubborn management. No support from above.
Pros
Couldnt find any
Cons
Loads
Productive and fun environment
Dementia Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex15 November 2018
Best care home in the area.
Great manager and supervisor.
Flexible shift, extra hours available.
Clean and nice environment.
Always have breaks in time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Busy work place
Worst place ever!!!
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire10 October 2018
Poor management,salary very low.Not secure on own stuff.... shut be everything under padlock otherwise it is high risk to not found your personal things when you finish shift.I don't recommend to anyone go and work there at all....They are always under staff,lot things to do,rude manager and more other things...
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Rude management, don't take care of staff at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Senior Lifestyle. Our community is ready to answer.

Signature Senior Lifestyle Reviews by Location