Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 353 reviews matching the search See all 8,327 reviews
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear6 March 2019
learned alot at my sort time of work experience. Good environment of people and very professional. Very good pay aswell from what i seen. would definitely recommend working here.
High pressured but fun
Document Formatter (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2019
Small team but nice place to work. There were a lot of documents that we were formatting and graphics that needed recreating which took a lot of time. We did have to work long hours to meet the deadlines but we had fun doing it too. I learned to be more vocal in my opinions and not let other speak for me. All in all, a good company to work for.
Pros
work from home option available
Stay well clear!
Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 February 2019
Always threats of redundancy. If you’re lucky you might get made redundant. Everyone who leaves ends up in a better job! Way behind it’s competitors in terms of technology and management, it’s no wonder the place is in such a dire state.
Cons
No chances of progression, terrible management, treated like a child, no investment in tooling, terrible job security.
ManI MANUFACTURE/DESIGN SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln15 February 2019
Providing day to day design support during the manufacturing of components with respects to component defects and potential improvements during manufacture (casings and machining) of castings and static /rotating components
Pros
great work
Cons
Good company but going through changes
Operations and Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 February 2019
I enjoyed working for Siemens however there was never any oppurtunity to expand into your role accept if you worked in Sales or Marketing. You had to be a very good Politician.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Supperfical senior level management
Great people, fully devoted to success
Energy Sector, Service Renewables, EH&S Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nationwide31 January 2019
Significantly complex processes keep you busy so not for the faint hearted. So many good people doing above and beyond what should be expect on a daily basis. Huge leaps in technical developments and risk management help maintain best in class cultures and are driven from senior leadership teams through to the cold face.
Expectations to constantly deliver to tight deadlines and dynamic customer variations can be tiresome, but the flexibility for hours and locations through the sector are uk wide, so always plenty of options.
Pros
Company optional extras and wellbeing support
Cons
Complex IMS
productive good group boys
Staff (Former Employee) –  RAND, UK23 January 2019
Very busy workshop a lot of compressor getting build at one time, good communication needed for use of cranes balance machines and other various equipment. enjoyed been busy from start to end of shift with OT. Getting a job build quicker than paper work give you was challenging at times as bearing in mind safety and quality.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Every job was pressure
Trusted to do job
Outstation Technician (Former Employee) –  Farnham, Surrey15 January 2019
as an outstation technician,predominately worked alone and was generally trusted to do my job without too much supervision. Siemens provided a good pension package and a reasonable wage
Pros
good pension scheme
Cons
permanent nights
Internship
Commercial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 January 2019
Working with clients to sell events
Booking all internal meetings
Building relationships with clients and agents

I learn the basic skills to be office based and working within a team
Pros
Experience
Cons
6 month contract
Difficult working environment.
Store Keeper (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 January 2019
Unsociable hours.
Difficult working environment.
No personal development encouraged.
Management unapproachable.
Long working week.
Harsh working conditions.
Pros
Exceptional salary.
Cons
72hr working week.
Best company I've ever worked for
PLC/SCADA Test and Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  London3 January 2019
Good work culture
A lot of things to learn
I had the chance of working for large scale projects in UK
Always something new to learn
I wish I got more training on the new products like WinCC OA
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Strong Training and fun workplace
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire24 December 2018
Daily FX tasks
Foreign currency hedges, swaps, forwards. Advising on hedge deals.
How to conduct meetings
Strong help from management and support when needed.
Opportunities given to myself
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unclear on whole process of the company
Employment
Duel Fuel Installation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 December 2018
Siemens are just an average company to work for , when employed on smart metering you can only be employed via an agency and not direct , so there is no real job security.

whilst the job is easy there is pressure on you to complete more jobs per day then is practical to do so, Siemens will always say only do what you can safely, but unofficially the team managers put pressure on you to complete more because they are on a duel fuel completion bonus.

There is also no consistency with regard to work guidelines if you work to Gas Safe regulations and report a fault to the manager depending on what manager you are under at the time you are told to ignore the regulation in order to complete the job.
Cons
pressured to complete more jobs then practical, so rushing the job and that could leed to mistakes being made
Siemens
Production Tooling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire13 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at Siemens, my role was varied and with enough responsibility to keep me occupied every day, it was a big dissappointment that the company decided to send the whole Plant to china.
Pros
geat working conditions
Cons
Bad tempered manager
Productive, teamwork, organised
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Llanberis, Gwynedd7 December 2018
There is a rota with the days work schedule. Each person organises and completes their work.

I did Train the trainer course, First aider at work, Fire Marshall. I also learnt the formulation of our products, filtering & compounding. I also calibrated pipettes and balances.

Management were very approachable and helpful. Encourage progress in the workplace.

It is very important to work as a team. There are various committees within the company and a person from each department gets voted onto the committee. These can be sport & social, Site & workplace improvements.

When issues arise that prevent work being completed on time.

When the day has gone well and all the work is completed on time.
Pros
Champion awards, clean environment, good employer employee relationship
Cons
Can be very hectic
Terrible!
Laboratory Technician, Product Improvement (Former Employee) –  Llanberis, North Wales, UK3 December 2018
Where to start:
Zero communiation between laboratory floor and office staff
No reinvestment
Staff fleeing for their careers/sanity
Rampant workplace bullying among other things
Pros
Cons
So so many
Overall woking conditions
Production operator (abatec) (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire27 November 2018
Great company to work for as a whole and has lots of facilities and services for its employee's, but has serious management issues that need addressing , inter personal skills are not present with some of the managers and even after several employees raised this problem to higher management it felt swept under the rug.
Pros
Good breaks, several lunch rooms with fridge freezer and microwave, adiquate smoking facilities, good hours and overtime availability
Cons
Unapproachable managment
Typical Large Corp
Forensic Planner (Former Employee) –  HQ18 November 2018
Albeit a great reputation, lost within the corporate fringe is destined, emotion is to be put aside.
Being contract does hinder sinificantly, this is only a regime!
Enjoyed it and will come back
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bradford5 November 2018
In my 21 months at Siemens, i have worked hard but also had the best job of my life and enjoyed it. i have learnt a lot, management left us alone most of the time but could cause trouble for no reason on a certain project but overall i feel the management were good and helpful. All employees are friendly and willing to help you develop,
Trainee Installer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire1 November 2018
The Staff there were good and helpful and always willing to help. i learned about the installation of railway signalling.
the hardest part was that there was not much work/ life balance, a lot of weekend working for example. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people and helping one another.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Alot of weekend working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K