Were a good company until dowturn in Oil price
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) – United Kingdom – 24 May 2018
1. Installation & Testing of various Subsea Electrical connectors on UK and Global sites Onshore/Offsore. Soldering skills, simple mechanical skills, leak testing, pressure testing etc.
2. Not so much keen on Personnel Development and were in only PD that resulted in direct revenue.
3. Management from my perspective were very inexperienced in their fields, out of touch with reality and unaware of work carried out on sites. I didn't have an on or off site appraisal in almost 6 years. They take control of everything, even minor tasks. Do not delegate engineers time effectively and never once visited sites to engage with the work force.
4. Hardest part of the Job would involve working in sometimes highly hazardous countries, in hazardous offshore environment and with people who dot speak your native tongue. Can be very stressful at times. Working in under developed countries also.
5. Most enjoyable time is working with team members in some nice areas of the world and achieving goals/deadlines for customers who have tight deadlines.
6. Very ruthless company as soon as profits dip they will reduce personnel without a thought, 3 rounds of redundancies in 2 years. Not willing to ride the storm out and will instead drop you like a stone.
Travel, Bonus, Pension Match, Shares, Teamwork at tech level.
Poor management, Job Security