Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Fun and flexible workplace
Technical Analyst - Systems Management Group (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire and Wellingborough3 October 2018
I spent 24 years with Siemens loved my time there and the people. I had various jobs during the time I was and learnt a lot including growing up understanding of work life Balance
Fantastic Internship
Reward, Policy & Brexit Intern (Former Employee) –  Frimley1 October 2018
Throughout my time at Siemens, I was treated more then just an intern. I felt like my opinion was really valued and employees wanted to help me grow and learn. I have developed so many new skills and learnt so much - the opportunities you receive are endless and the support you get from your team is second to none. I have met some fantastic people on my placement in which i hope to stay in contact with in the future - I would definitely work there again!
Pros
Free Financial Education Benefit, Chance to Buy & Sell Holidays, Flexi-hours, 2 Volunteer days a year, Networking Events, Mentor Program, Gym on Sight (Frimley Only)
Great Company Brand
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 September 2018
Very different what actually happens on the ground... Bullying is rife & promises of advancement & career improvement are non-existant. Too many at top & no appreciation for those at the bottom of the food chain.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Total blame culture
Good
AREA SERVICE MANAGER / ATM SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 September 2018
Happiest time of my life working here - great place to work with plenty of opportunities. Good benefits and great HR. No real downs against this company.
Innovative, Genuine & Integrity
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates9 September 2018
Great place to learn and work. Great source of ideas and good team work. Freedom of thought. Organized management reviews.
Timely development training, technical training.
Pros
Freedom of thought
Cons
Long Hours
Best Job I Have Had
HR Administrator (Scheduled Admin) (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset20 August 2018
Only reason I am leaving is to go to University. I intend on returning for summer breaks ad have talked to management about doing my placement for the company.
Pros
Free Coffee, Amazing Work Ethics, Really Looks After You.
Cons
Not even kidding: NONE
Secure and good benefits
Pouch Reagent Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk1 August 2018
The company is very results orientated and is focussed on safety first, quality second then delivery.
The day is always structured around targets and accountability.
Pros
Safety culture
Cons
target driven
Hard working positive environment focussed on end resulkt. Always time to enjoy
Construction Manager / Civil Site Manager (Former Employee) –  World Wide31 July 2018
Typical working day
List is indicative

Review e mails and respond as necessary
Site walk
Review pressure points with contractors
Internal Meeting Mechanical
Internal meeting General
Follow up any outcomes from Meetings
Review progress and schedule
Assess works in progress
Assess engineeers
Reports
Lunch 20 mins
Meeting to assess focus and direction
Review QA reports
Review Daily reports
Planning / Coordination meeting with contractors
Site walk
Discuss with partners works ahead and preparations
Follow up / Implementation of pending actions /outcomes from the day and previous days
E mails and discussions internally
Fight fires as they arise and they will

Lessons learned

Talking with people and engaging them always improves the outcome. This can be a fast or slow process depending on the personalities involved.

Formulating the construction environment around the realities of your contractual position, physical environment always mindful of the available resource and its limitations at any given moment.

Managing processes is never easy with so many different personalities often the root is a lack of understanding or time. Management has to afford the time and commit to investing in its people in the right way.

Workplace culture
Control your environment by empowering others to perform the "right way". And accept you are responsible for those you empower

The hardest part of the job is to resist in getting over involved

Most enjoyable aspect
Inbvesting in people at any level and seeing them succeed
End result
Pros
Meet good people
Cons
Restrictive movement off site
A them and us culture very cliche
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire30 July 2018
The team I work in are intent on finding fault with other departments work, instead of concentrating on the bigger problems. The teams are very cliché and contract workers are not included in company events.
Decent company
Dual Fuel Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2018
Decent company to work for. Job and finish unless needed. Picked up experience and help in the industry from management. Generally a good company to work for with colleagues willing to help if needed.
Pros
Job and finish. Not micromanaged at all
Cons
You are contracted to a contractor so can be released at any time.
Flexible working hours and good working environment
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 July 2018
Working at Siemens was a great experience in terms o flexibility in the office and the working environment. Working from home is an option, colleagues are very friendly and hotdesking around the office allows great networking opportunities. The only reason I believe this is not the company for me is because I did not see great opportunities to advance in the workplace and I think that it is still an incredibly bureaucratic workplace.
Pros
Flexible working hours, working from home, free massages!
Cons
Bureaucratic, management
Good company to work for.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 July 2018
Flexible Timings, Company pension scheme, Professional environment, graduate development programme, Involved in STEM activities, Apprentice schemes to promote science and engineering
very productive and enjoyable
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire8 July 2018
I went here on a short one week work experience and all the employees treat u well and make work there enjoyable. The place is very productive getting all there work done but aswell as that they still have there fun. I would highly recommend the company as I can assure you, you will like it.
Pros
free coffie machines and vending machines all around the work shops
Cons
quet long hours short break
Diverse workplace
Supply Chain Capability Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire5 July 2018
Currently a very negative environment due to the condition of the marketplace for carbon based power generation. That said the workforce do understand it is not Siemens fault that the bottom has dropped out of new equipment
good workplace working alongside the telesales and commercial teams
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 June 2018
Typical day working alongside managers, supervisors and their teams ensuring their quotations were sent out on time. Learned working in a large environment compared to smaller companies was very rewarding. Management was good. Workplace culture was good and once again made friends for life. Hardest part of the job was ensuring everyone's quotations etc were meet so that they hit their targets. Most enjoyable part of this job was the social life outside work was good as the teams worked well together
Overall, a good company to work for
Various Administrative Roles (Former Employee) –  Poole11 June 2018
This company offers a good remuneration package, with flexible working available in some (but not all) roles. It is a very corporate culture, so expect competency-based interview questions and target-setting for annual reviews. There are good opportunities for advancement, but it is not uncommon for roles to be made redundant due to relocation or outsourcing to third party suppliers.
Pros
Good remuneration package and some flexible working
Cons
Corporate culture and risk of redundancy
Enjoyed 14years and best place i have ever worked.
Semi Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Hebburn, Tyne and Wear24 May 2018
I started working on screwing contacts into blocks for wires to connect for power and ended up building relays and modules from start to finishing off assemble testing in 2 7ft chambers before putting all together and inspecting and printing all information labels and quality inspection before passing off ready for customers.
Pros
Easy to talk to managment ad helpfull
Cons
No cons
Were a good company until dowturn in Oil price
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 May 2018
1. Installation & Testing of various Subsea Electrical connectors on UK and Global sites Onshore/Offsore. Soldering skills, simple mechanical skills, leak testing, pressure testing etc.

2. Not so much keen on Personnel Development and were in only PD that resulted in direct revenue.

3. Management from my perspective were very inexperienced in their fields, out of touch with reality and unaware of work carried out on sites. I didn't have an on or off site appraisal in almost 6 years. They take control of everything, even minor tasks. Do not delegate engineers time effectively and never once visited sites to engage with the work force.

4. Hardest part of the Job would involve working in sometimes highly hazardous countries, in hazardous offshore environment and with people who dot speak your native tongue. Can be very stressful at times. Working in under developed countries also.

5. Most enjoyable time is working with team members in some nice areas of the world and achieving goals/deadlines for customers who have tight deadlines.

6. Very ruthless company as soon as profits dip they will reduce personnel without a thought, 3 rounds of redundancies in 2 years. Not willing to ride the storm out and will instead drop you like a stone.
Pros
Travel, Bonus, Pension Match, Shares, Teamwork at tech level.
Cons
Poor management, Job Security
Coating Inspector
Nace level 3 Paint Inspector (Former Employee) –  Harwich23 May 2018
Working for Siemans was a good experience for me the management and safety running of the project offshore was first class. The hardest part of the job was getting on the deck from a crew boat if the weather was a little rough. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off after a good days work.
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Working offshore long hours comes with the job
production operative
blade opertive (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 May 2018
worked in section were we had too prep thr blades prior too painting. so we had too sand then use filler then sand again and doing any repairs. good bunch of lads too work with. Management and team leaders very poor at there jobs. no support or motivation. and our team leader was not a leader at all.. too quiet and was never anywere too bd found.. when was supposed too be helping us all.. if you get a job at siemens hull..its not what u expect at all .. prepapre too bd shocked at how poor the job and place is run as a whole.
Pros
free fruit in canteen
Cons
terrible shift patterns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K