Siemens AG
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Siemens AG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom441 reviews
good place to work , helpful and co-operative colleagues
The company is well set up and the staff are obliging and amicable to work with. They strive for perfection in delivery of their projects. They are a very thorough organisation who take health and safety seriously. Their sites are well set up and their management hierarchy works well.
Very good employer
Very knowledgeable management structure with a wealth of knowledge and drive.
Very good hours of work, very good as far as health and safety and employee welfare is concerned
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Red tape
Avoid
To be fair, I was told to avoid the place like the plague as it had a largely ineffectual HR, IT support and project management. It was actually far worse than they described.

Projects were badly underestimated from the get-go so you were constantly on the back foot.

The quality of the TPWs was patchy to say the least. Many were more interested in socialising and moaning about IR35 rather than doing any actual work. Many would struggle to hold a job elsewhere due to their abrupt manner and limited skill sets so you could see why they chose to be transient workers.

On the plus side, the long timers were very friendly, patient and willing to share their knowledge and help out with issues.

Apprentices and grads are treated very well and there is a very active EDI group.

The work itself is interesting and varied but unfortunately, the many issues gradually drained my morale until I dreaded going in to work.
Poor management
Inconsistent work badly organised constantly being laid off work only look after full time contract workforce poor communication and zero perks for temps.
Dynamic
Siemens Healthcare are leaders in providing quality medical scanners and providing high quality service support.
The promote collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
Siemens Congleton
Decent pay rate, fast paced work environment but no chance of a permanent contract unless your face fits with the managers. A huge difference between how permanent staff and agency staff are treated
Happy to work here
Well paid , good working conditions , good management. Relaxed attitude and great training , not much advancement. Everything is covered to do your job.
Stressful, under extreme pressure
Very stressful and puts you under extreme pressure. If you don't pump out over 120 items per hour you get threatened with being fired. Your made to feel like you can't be ill so people come to work with illness and then everyone gets it. Never enough handgel. You get timed on going to the toilet and have to sometimes wait 30/40 minutes in a queue to be able to go to the toilet. Which if your a women or not very well this isn't good. If you have a disability you are made to feel like your not worthy, to be honest even if you haven't you are made to feel that too. You ask all the time to learn more so you get a pag rise but if your not besties with the management you won't get it. Its like a gang in, i would not recommend it to anybody. Everyone who gets out of their says you don't realise how bad it is until you work somewhere else. There are benefits like massages at work and physio on site but still not worth it.
Satisfactory
I had ja great and a very fullfilling international experiece in UK.worked in the small gas turbine factory as a financial controller doing monthend closing reporting and business analytics.

General ledger accounts balances review and analysing.
Siemens
Siemens is a a company that values its employees .During my service at Siemens Communications they demonstrated the willingness to invest in its people and the senior management were very engaging
Worst company i have worked for
This was the worst company I ever worked for. Had a hospital appointment and was then laid off due to this even though I proved this. Management are awful the worst kind I have ever experienced they never understood any circumstances that you had and would send you home if you were slightly stressed. Appalling training the most boring thing i have ever endured and dont even think you will get any kind of lunch time as they go crazy if you take 2 minutes off the floor.
good company doing big things
i am given the freedom of managing myself and my team, and my opinion is valued by superiors.

We are mostly contractors though so not much job security at all.
i would say its best company
i will recommend very good experiance. i enjoyed a lot in siemens. managers are very helping.i will recommend.i enjoyed a lot in siemens. .............
Great supportive employer
The mobility division is a great and supportive employer with excellent career progression and a very supportive management culture that you would be proud to work for
Pros
Competitive pay, excellent manager support
Productive and fast passed
A progressive company, the facility I worked at was a new build and new technology, lots of new to industry personnel from different backgrounds.
I was given the time to build a successful team. The workforce at this company surpassed the expectation of the parent company in Denmark bay building more wind turbine blade in a week of high quality within a short time frame.
Good company in general
Busy work environment with enough challenges to keep everyone occupied. Governance and culture is practical in most cases although more focus required on employees wellbeing as this is definitely necessary.
Strong company to work for and progress
I joined Siemens in 2013 as an Administrator, within 2 years I had been progressed into an Engineering role with all the training provided. In 2015 I was given the opportunity to move into a management role with support and training.
Good company
Good company to work for relaxed environment good management and work mates good rate of pay and flexible for you to take your holidays and time off if needed
Fast Paced work environment
Busy working hours, very competitive and need a lot of time for coordination.
Have a good work-life balance as management prioritizes personal needs when needed.
Decent company, but....
Opportunities for advancement rarely available and experience ignored when considering promotions. Management support variable but lacking in personal welfare considerations
No praise, once my manager said well done via email for a charity event that was it almost 5 years and nothing. Not able to move up in Siemens. Very separate in regards to departments, if your under a certain cost code/manager you can't help another manger. No HR support. Unfair management. Wasn't allowed to shadow a manger or someone in another department/job Siemens put out the idea and wanted this to happen