Siemens AG Employee Reviews

very productive and enjoyable
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire8 July 2018
I went here on a short one week work experience and all the employees treat u well and make work there enjoyable. The place is very productive getting all there work done but aswell as that they still have there fun. I would highly recommend the company as I can assure you, you will like it.
Pros
free coffie machines and vending machines all around the work shops
Cons
quet long hours short break
Diverse workplace
Supply Chain Capability Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire5 July 2018
Currently a very negative environment due to the condition of the marketplace for carbon based power generation. That said the workforce do understand it is not Siemens fault that the bottom has dropped out of new equipment
good workplace working alongside the telesales and commercial teams
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 June 2018
Typical day working alongside managers, supervisors and their teams ensuring their quotations were sent out on time. Learned working in a large environment compared to smaller companies was very rewarding. Management was good. Workplace culture was good and once again made friends for life. Hardest part of the job was ensuring everyone's quotations etc were meet so that they hit their targets. Most enjoyable part of this job was the social life outside work was good as the teams worked well together
Overall, a good company to work for
Various Administrative Roles (Former Employee) –  Poole11 June 2018
This company offers a good remuneration package, with flexible working available in some (but not all) roles. It is a very corporate culture, so expect competency-based interview questions and target-setting for annual reviews. There are good opportunities for advancement, but it is not uncommon for roles to be made redundant due to relocation or outsourcing to third party suppliers.
Pros
Good remuneration package and some flexible working
Cons
Corporate culture and risk of redundancy
Enjoyed 14years and best place i have ever worked.
Semi Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Hebburn, Tyne and Wear24 May 2018
I started working on screwing contacts into blocks for wires to connect for power and ended up building relays and modules from start to finishing off assemble testing in 2 7ft chambers before putting all together and inspecting and printing all information labels and quality inspection before passing off ready for customers.
Pros
Easy to talk to managment ad helpfull
Cons
No cons
Were a good company until dowturn in Oil price
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 May 2018
1. Installation & Testing of various Subsea Electrical connectors on UK and Global sites Onshore/Offsore. Soldering skills, simple mechanical skills, leak testing, pressure testing etc.

2. Not so much keen on Personnel Development and were in only PD that resulted in direct revenue.

3. Management from my perspective were very inexperienced in their fields, out of touch with reality and unaware of work carried out on sites. I didn't have an on or off site appraisal in almost 6 years. They take control of everything, even minor tasks. Do not delegate engineers time effectively and never once visited sites to engage with the work force.

4. Hardest part of the Job would involve working in sometimes highly hazardous countries, in hazardous offshore environment and with people who dot speak your native tongue. Can be very stressful at times. Working in under developed countries also.

5. Most enjoyable time is working with team members in some nice areas of the world and achieving goals/deadlines for customers who have tight deadlines.

6. Very ruthless company as soon as profits dip they will reduce personnel without a thought, 3 rounds of redundancies in 2 years. Not willing to ride the storm out and will instead drop you like a stone.
Pros
Travel, Bonus, Pension Match, Shares, Teamwork at tech level.
Cons
Poor management, Job Security
Coating Inspector
Nace level 3 Paint Inspector (Former Employee) –  Harwich23 May 2018
Working for Siemans was a good experience for me the management and safety running of the project offshore was first class. The hardest part of the job was getting on the deck from a crew boat if the weather was a little rough. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off after a good days work.
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Working offshore long hours comes with the job
production operative
blade opertive (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 May 2018
worked in section were we had too prep thr blades prior too painting. so we had too sand then use filler then sand again and doing any repairs. good bunch of lads too work with. Management and team leaders very poor at there jobs. no support or motivation. and our team leader was not a leader at all.. too quiet and was never anywere too bd found.. when was supposed too be helping us all.. if you get a job at siemens hull..its not what u expect at all .. prepapre too bd shocked at how poor the job and place is run as a whole.
Pros
free fruit in canteen
Cons
terrible shift patterns
Good company
Quality Manager in Projects (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 May 2018
Good company with nice helpful people. They always gave you the opportunity to speak your mind and air your concerns and after tried to do something to fix the issues.
Pros
Friendly, open and helpful
Cons
Merger of companies ruined the structure
Overall a very impressive company
Production Control/Order Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle3 May 2018
A typical day would consist of working as part of a team, in order to fulfill, daily requirements, for the production shop.

I have learned a wide array of knowledge and skills since joining in September 2008.

Management do listen to their employees, and will try to fulfill any requests, as long as reasonably practical.

The workplace culture for Siemens has changed over the years, with the ever evolving power generation industry.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring all departments are working towards the same end goal.

The most rewarding part of my job, is job satisfaction, when completing a large contract, on time, whilst working as part of a close well organized team.
Pros
Great morale, and willingness to help employees advance.
Cons
Pay disparity amonst working team members.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  UK27 April 2018
Interesting travelling the UK to look after customers, have met many new people as I did and built up a good network of customers and internal partners.
Enjoyable
Field team manager (Former Employee) –  UK13 April 2018
Good company to work for and if I have the chance I would go back. They have a good management team in place which makes for easier working. Each day is different and you can learn a lot.
relaxed working atmosphere
Wireman (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire12 April 2018
start at 15-30pm,on the yard,wiring an REB(Relocateable Equipment Building)finish at 11-00pm.Not much to learn,just a tipical day.You only see the managment once or twice a day because they know your capable of doing your job unsupervised.The workplace can be sometimes small and difficult to work in.the hardest part of the job is the space.the best part is being left alone to get the job done.
Pros
work uninterupted
Cons
late shift hours
Excellent workplace
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 April 2018
Organised
Good training and management
Plenty of support
Excellent incentives for staff
Holidays, cash, prizes, good team morale
Would recommend to anyone
good place to work
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham4 April 2018
I was opening post from clients who wished to work in the UK and checking all information submitted is present and correct before being inputted into a database.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Deadlines but these were mostly met.
Internship with no guarantee for career progression
Intern, Entry Level Talent (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire28 March 2018
My business unit was nothing like the corporation culture is globally. This was a shame as I felt assimilated to a culture that was not shared by the organisation but by the MD of the site.

The days were not great as I didn't have enough to do for most of the days. I tried to involve myself with other managers to get more workload but this was not appreciated.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
not enough to do, poor career prospects for interns
Siemens are a good employer, provide excellent benefits and training opportunities.
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire23 March 2018
My work is interesting and at times challenging.

The people are good to work with and provide support.
The management are very good and have the employees interest at heart when support is required.
Money money money, not interested in there workforce...
Advance Technician (Former Employee) –  UK12 March 2018
After working for SiemensGamesa for a number of years, I have come to realise that they all about the profit margins, and very much couldn't care less about there work force which earns them their profit....
Higher Management is so far out of touch with its workforce yet, claim's to be caring and supportive! Over the last year I have seen none of this in fact the total opposite.
Apprentices let go after they had finished their apprenticeship because they didn't have any jobs for them.
Cons
Long hours, Poor Communications, Hr
excellent job, poor management
Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  nationwide12 March 2018
excellent job but suffers from poor management and communication. challenging and interesting job with a great bunch of technicians that are always willing to help each other out in all aspects of the job.
Fast paced and varied
Employee Administrator (Former Employee) –  Poole8 March 2018
Siemens was very welcoming and I learnt so much here they are very proud of their brand and you feel proud to work here.

lots of opportunities to work in other departments and progress
Pros
Work life blance
Cons
Bad Management in HR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K