Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 353 reviews matching the search See all 8,187 reviews
Overall woking conditions
Production operator (abatec) (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire27 November 2018
Great company to work for as a whole and has lots of facilities and services for its employee's, but has serious management issues that need addressing , inter personal skills are not present with some of the managers and even after several employees raised this problem to higher management it felt swept under the rug.
Pros
Good breaks, several lunch rooms with fridge freezer and microwave, adiquate smoking facilities, good hours and overtime availability
Cons
Unapproachable managment
Difficult working environment.
Store Keeper (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 January 2019
Unsociable hours.
Difficult working environment.
No personal development encouraged.
Management unapproachable.
Long working week.
Harsh working conditions.
Pros
Exceptional salary.
Cons
72hr working week.
Good
AREA SERVICE MANAGER / ATM SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 September 2018
Happiest time of my life working here - great place to work with plenty of opportunities. Good benefits and great HR. No real downs against this company.
Job security is almost non exsistent
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 February 2018
I’ve worked for siemens as a travel tech for nearly 3 years now, it started out great. Pay rises every year, nice Christmas bonus. Then the merger with Gamesa happened and it’s all downhill from there. Pay has decreased, hours long and weeks away from home with constant meetings saying everyone will lose their jobs. 6000 people have been made redundant and it isn’t stopping there, they let go all the qualified workers and replace them with apprentices to save money, which eventually will be made redundant soon.
Pros
If you make it so far up the career ladder the money is good
Cons
Job security doesn’t exist, starting salary is poor, long work hours
Employment
Duel Fuel Installation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 December 2018
Siemens are just an average company to work for , when employed on smart metering you can only be employed via an agency and not direct , so there is no real job security.

whilst the job is easy there is pressure on you to complete more jobs per day then is practical to do so, Siemens will always say only do what you can safely, but unofficially the team managers put pressure on you to complete more because they are on a duel fuel completion bonus.

There is also no consistency with regard to work guidelines if you work to Gas Safe regulations and report a fault to the manager depending on what manager you are under at the time you are told to ignore the regulation in order to complete the job.
Cons
pressured to complete more jobs then practical, so rushing the job and that could leed to mistakes being made
Productive, teamwork, organised
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Llanberis, Gwynedd7 December 2018
There is a rota with the days work schedule. Each person organises and completes their work.

I did Train the trainer course, First aider at work, Fire Marshall. I also learnt the formulation of our products, filtering & compounding. I also calibrated pipettes and balances.

Management were very approachable and helpful. Encourage progress in the workplace.

It is very important to work as a team. There are various committees within the company and a person from each department gets voted onto the committee. These can be sport & social, Site & workplace improvements.

When issues arise that prevent work being completed on time.

When the day has gone well and all the work is completed on time.
Pros
Champion awards, clean environment, good employer employee relationship
Cons
Can be very hectic
Wellbeing promoted from the top
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frimley, Surrey11 February 2018
Siemens is a family friendly company, which encourages homeworking as well as a big push on employee wellbeing.

This flexibility on homeworking and work around family is a huge plus, but salaries are pretty poor for those not on the Management salaries, even though you are doing critical tasks for the good of the company.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Salary not competitive for those on the lower payscale doing critical tasks
Fun and diverse company
Accountant at Global Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Lisboa7 October 2018
Very diverse company, with a big mix of cultures and languages, ideal to expand on language skills and learn different processes of working.
Working with accountancy for different companies, travel to these was a bonus
Pros
Very firendly staff
Cons
Flexible working hours and good working environment
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 July 2018
Working at Siemens was a great experience in terms o flexibility in the office and the working environment. Working from home is an option, colleagues are very friendly and hotdesking around the office allows great networking opportunities. The only reason I believe this is not the company for me is because I did not see great opportunities to advance in the workplace and I think that it is still an incredibly bureaucratic workplace.
Pros
Flexible working hours, working from home, free massages!
Cons
Bureaucratic, management
Innovative, Genuine & Integrity
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates9 September 2018
Great place to learn and work. Great source of ideas and good team work. Freedom of thought. Organized management reviews.
Timely development training, technical training.
Pros
Freedom of thought
Cons
Long Hours
good workplace working alongside the telesales and commercial teams
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 June 2018
Typical day working alongside managers, supervisors and their teams ensuring their quotations were sent out on time. Learned working in a large environment compared to smaller companies was very rewarding. Management was good. Workplace culture was good and once again made friends for life. Hardest part of the job was ensuring everyone's quotations etc were meet so that they hit their targets. Most enjoyable part of this job was the social life outside work was good as the teams worked well together
Fantastic Internship
Reward, Policy & Brexit Intern (Former Employee) –  Frimley1 October 2018
Throughout my time at Siemens, I was treated more then just an intern. I felt like my opinion was really valued and employees wanted to help me grow and learn. I have developed so many new skills and learnt so much - the opportunities you receive are endless and the support you get from your team is second to none. I have met some fantastic people on my placement in which i hope to stay in contact with in the future - I would definitely work there again!
Pros
Free Financial Education Benefit, Chance to Buy & Sell Holidays, Flexi-hours, 2 Volunteer days a year, Networking Events, Mentor Program, Gym on Sight (Frimley Only)
Great Company Brand
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 September 2018
Very different what actually happens on the ground... Bullying is rife & promises of advancement & career improvement are non-existant. Too many at top & no appreciation for those at the bottom of the food chain.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Total blame culture
Overall, a good company to work for
Various Administrative Roles (Former Employee) –  Poole11 June 2018
This company offers a good remuneration package, with flexible working available in some (but not all) roles. It is a very corporate culture, so expect competency-based interview questions and target-setting for annual reviews. There are good opportunities for advancement, but it is not uncommon for roles to be made redundant due to relocation or outsourcing to third party suppliers.
Pros
Good remuneration package and some flexible working
Cons
Corporate culture and risk of redundancy
Enjoyed it and will come back
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bradford5 November 2018
In my 21 months at Siemens, i have worked hard but also had the best job of my life and enjoyed it. i have learnt a lot, management left us alone most of the time but could cause trouble for no reason on a certain project but overall i feel the management were good and helpful. All employees are friendly and willing to help you develop,
Fun and flexible workplace
Technical Analyst - Systems Management Group (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire and Wellingborough3 October 2018
I spent 24 years with Siemens loved my time there and the people. I had various jobs during the time I was and learnt a lot including growing up understanding of work life Balance
Best company I've ever worked for
PLC/SCADA Test and Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  London3 January 2019
Good work culture
A lot of things to learn
I had the chance of working for large scale projects in UK
Always something new to learn
I wish I got more training on the new products like WinCC OA
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Overall a very impressive company
Production Control/Order Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle3 May 2018
A typical day would consist of working as part of a team, in order to fulfill, daily requirements, for the production shop.

I have learned a wide array of knowledge and skills since joining in September 2008.

Management do listen to their employees, and will try to fulfill any requests, as long as reasonably practical.

The workplace culture for Siemens has changed over the years, with the ever evolving power generation industry.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring all departments are working towards the same end goal.

The most rewarding part of my job, is job satisfaction, when completing a large contract, on time, whilst working as part of a close well organized team.
Pros
Great morale, and willingness to help employees advance.
Cons
Pay disparity amonst working team members.
Terrible!
Laboratory Technician, Product Improvement (Former Employee) –  Llanberis, North Wales, UK3 December 2018
Where to start:
Zero communiation between laboratory floor and office staff
No reinvestment
Staff fleeing for their careers/sanity
Rampant workplace bullying among other things
Pros
Cons
So so many
very productive and enjoyable
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire8 July 2018
I went here on a short one week work experience and all the employees treat u well and make work there enjoyable. The place is very productive getting all there work done but aswell as that they still have there fun. I would highly recommend the company as I can assure you, you will like it.
Pros
free coffie machines and vending machines all around the work shops
Cons
quet long hours short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K