Showsec Employee Reviews

worst company I ever worked for !
Steward/Security (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2019
top to bottom a complete joke! dreadful pay with no future! you are not even treated like a human! more of a dogs body!
Management are the worst I have ever experienced!
Pros
you can put security experience on your CV
Cons
dreadful company who do not care about staff
Avoid like the plague if you have any self respect for your self
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wales9 December 2018
I was only with showsec for a short while and that was enough!! having only taking on the role as to earn some extra income as i have a full time job. Having been in my full time job the company i work for and a very well run organisation world wide business.

I have never in my life seen a company like showsec that is run like a micky mouse show. It seems showsec is run by mangers and supervisors that are very week and all they care is about there ego there is massive favoritism from management and supervisors if you are the new kid on the block or they just dont like you because you have not blown smoke up there back side you in for a tough ride

You will be left on potions for 12 hrs+ not even the offer for a toilet break or some water or even a welfare check from management! and much more worse

Dont think you will be back up by management or supervisors as a complaint goes to head office and thats all to much of a headache for them to deal with. Other collages will stab you in the back and treat you like dirt as we go back to the favoritism subject.

The whole company is a joke they need a complete restructure of there management and supervisors, showsec is a business that are just shirt fillers. i do hope that showsec executive team read this

My advise to you is-AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE IF YOU HAVE ANY SELF RESPECT FOR YOUR SELF
Pros
Flexi Work
Cons
As Above
Anti bullying procedures not working
SIA,Steward (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 September 2018
Majority of supervisors are doing their best. Stewards need to report situations to management when being upset for no reason. Management needs to be aware of bad apples especially at supervisor level. Many staff are actually avoiding locations due to this. Message to management."Dont turn a blind eye for fear of low staffing levels. High turn over of unhappy staff will mean that you will still have staffing level problems. The only difference is that decent people will leave and scum and bullies will remain."
Pros
Good for those that need part time work.
Cons
Long shifts offered (18hours+) tired and bad tempered staff.
Great Concept.. Very poorly Run with Poor Managers and very poor Supervisors
Jobs Body (Current Employee) –  All Over19 September 2018
In the short time I have been with Showsec , having come from a disciplined and well run organisation, it is very apparent to me that Showsec is run by Managers and Supervisors who are very weak and do not know what they are doing. There is a lot of favouritism amongst the management... not that this effects me. Having said that the Showsec concept is a great idea as you can pick and choose when to work and what events to do, this fits around what ever else you are doing. Some of the Supervisors are a joke.. I asked the one a simple question in relation to the job we were doing and her simple answer was ' I don't know'. She looked to me to be about 17/18 years of age... having no experience of life at all.. who at Showsec in their right minds made her a Supervisor. Another Supervisor, a bully in appearance and manner, talked just nonsense
about the job in hand and also smoked whacky baccy whilst working.
For Showsec to allow their Supervisors to do this is deplorable and down right wrong. Doesn't reflect Showsec in a good light to members of the public or other decent staff. The positives are that I have met some exceptional staff who I have had the pleasure of working with for Showsec. However, Showsec do employ a lot of useless people...to me it seems Showsec take anyone on just to put them in a uniform. Quality of staff and Management leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Some great Staff, Fabulous venues to work at.
Cons
Management very Poor.
Steward (Current Employee) –  UK23 August 2018
A typical day working at Showsec would require you to attend a briefing, then you will be deployed into positions with a specific roles for example, directing customers or searching people. I have developed an understanding of how security is operated during events as well as improve my teamwork skills through working with a group of colleagues.
Pros
Flexible shift times
Cons
Some shifts can be long
Stay clear of Showsec
DS, Stweard (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 August 2018
Showsec used to be OK to work for, but over the last couple of years its gone down the, dont give a fig about its staff.
Do NOT expect support from the management or senior staff, you are just a body to put in place to satisfy their client.
Expect to be left on your own in the middle of nowhere without getting any support putting you in danger.
Outdoor events if it rains to get soaked to the skin.

Showsec is a company that puts Showsec first, stewards are cannon fodder, to used and abused.
You would be expected to travel hours for a 4 hour shift, break down your pay, it could work out at less than £1 per hour, IS that worth your time.
Pros
you might get paid the right amount
Cons
just working for showsec is a con
Easy, relaxed environment
Crowd management (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 August 2018
Job required you to phone in to book yourself - when their were vacancy available.

As this was a job for crowd management - so like venues for football matches, fairs and entertainment concerts.

Crowd management - make sure the crowd are behaving at all times
Pros
Easy and relaxed job
Absolute shambles
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Uk30 May 2018
Thinking of going into security and doing events and festivals AVOID showsec Absolute Shambles massive brake down in every department from HR to supervisors on the ground Name calling and non stop back stabing with in the people who work there non teamwork at all as you are nothing more than a number highly under trained staff training providers don't turn up to train WHEN and IF something is booked no support from HR it was just an all round terrible experience

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY THE ARE A LOT MORE BETTER RAN COMPANYS...
Pros
Anyone can get a job
Cons
Way to many to say
Good opportunity for extra security work
SIA Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London14 April 2018
Showsec cover some of the most important venues in London. They also provide work during the summer at some of the biggest festivals in the country.
For security officers seeking extra working hours, Showsec is a great choice as they provide a zero hour contract and assign officers to the jobs they desire where and when possible. Be careful, however, because they have a huge roster and absence over a period of time may see you fall out of favour and struggle to gain employment due to unreliability.
They are primarily a crowd management company but the job involves all the typical security details - searching personnel and bags, checking accreditation, escorting, patrolling, etc.
Reasonable Place to Start.
Event Security (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 March 2018
Pros:

- Worked at events all over the UK, from music festivals to high profile races and local venue work

- Stepping stone to other oppurtunities in Security/Stewarding

- Made some good friends, genuinely enjoyed a number of venues/sites I worked at

Cons:

- Limited progression if any in the role

- Staff welfare inconsistent, often minimal at best

- Festival work can be challenging if unfamiliar to or dislike camping

- Very high staff turnover (Numerous staff I worked with joined and left in the same year)

- Management are a mixed bag, many are uninterested in staff needs

- Seasonal work; very little offered between Oct-Mar

- Long hours on your feet, look elsewhere if you have back and feet issues
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
it is what you make of it
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 February 2018
Low paid, but fun work with a great team. Advancement is simple and easy - no one stopping in your way, you just have to invest in the training yourself.
Pros
fun
Cons
poor pay
Enjoyable place to work
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 January 2018
Get to go and work in a veriety of places and work is challenging but if you like a challenge great environment. I have worked for showsec for about 2 years now.
No support
Steward (Former Employee) –  South21 December 2017
A company of relatives
Embarrass and discredit staff and make up lies
Hr never have a formal disciplinary procedure
Use you
Underpay you
Call you names
Use you .
Discriminate the poor staff
Pros
Some nice ie bristol and Wales
Cons
cant communicate very well lack personality
good work just not enough
Security Steward (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for Showsec however with every job your going to have trouble with suits sometimes the left arm didn't know what the right was doing. you would be assigned an area or function but not the exact information you would essentially need to complete the job and then chastised for not completing the task
Pros
working with the public changing of working environment
Cons
not enough notice for working and working with the public and unsecure working environment
Okay if you get yourself in with management
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 November 2017
If you're fairly new to both security and zero hour contracts this is an okay start. However be ready for long hours, no breaks and a mystery monthly salary as there isn't always work. They will pretty much employ anyone (which is good news for some) but this can lead to having to work harder to keep things ok. Personally, I wouldn't do half of the steward shifts as minimum wage, for the chance of being assaulted in some way, is not ideal.
Terrible Company
Casual customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 November 2017
Avoid avoid avoid. You will go deaf as the music is so loud and they put you in the front beside speakers or somewhere else as noisy and try radio-ing you when you can't hear a word they are saying whilst you are trying to control a smoking queue or something else.

Job security nil you can be fired without notice for the smallest mistake. Security is a huge thing a venues and they don't give you enough time to check everyone's tickets. Door staff have an equally hard task of frisking every one before entry!
Pros
Pick when you work
Cons
Bad supervisors
Interesting and many opportunities
Steward (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 November 2017
I really enjoy working for showsec, every shift is different, I always meet new people and make new friends. The job is really flexible, you choose your own hours and shifts but the only problem is shifts can get cancelled last minute and there isn't always a lot of work, but it is a zero hour contract so nothing can be done about that. However you can advance to an sia and theres plenty more work available. Its a perfect second job to gain extra money if you don't mind standing up for a while with not many breaks, but you can go for shorter shifts if you wish as you choose every shift you do.
Pros
Fun and interesting with opportunities to advance in the job.
Cons
Shifts getting cancelled last minute.
Nice job to have but laght nights
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 October 2017
Security based job
Monitoring car park.
Checking people on arrivals
Protecting to VIP's
Checked I'D for under aged drinkers
Monitored the CCVT
Helped remove people out when every this has ended
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Laght nights
nice people to work with
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  london2 July 2017
showsec is a good company to work for please type of hours in the summer months but not a great income,but overall I enjoy working with them plus you get some great jobs it's all a good experience.
Pros
you get to see live events
Cons
not a good pay rate
Productive and fast paced
Security (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 June 2017
I love working somewhere I am kept always busy, in which my previous jobs didn't offer. Most of my experience being based on hospitality has taught me many skills, working well under pressure and of course providing great customer service. I loved meeting new people at venues, such as O2 Academy. Every time working in places like that I have met different kinds of people and it always depended on the concert.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showsec. Our community is ready to answer.