Shoe Zone Employee Reviews

welcoming
Handling payments/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London6 December 2018
When I first applied for this job i got a quick reply which was great new for me. they welcome me really good. i enjoyed working with they team they we're loving and caring to to me and they understood me very well.
Productive and a fun hard working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian28 November 2018
It was fantastic and fun. I loved getting to work with other teenagers and getting to work with all sorts of animals. The staff members there were absolutely excellent. If I had the chance I would go back again because I honestly loved it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
6 hours a week
Simple
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spytty Newport9 November 2018
Shoe zone is a company which families rely on for decent shoes for their children for school or their holiday shoes. However, the geographical location of shoe zone is a problem as it is mainly quiet.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Geographical Location
good to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 November 2018
the staff was nice and work was good and i thing its a good place to work at for a first job, the management was good and everyone knew what they had to do.
great work enviroment
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camberwell27 October 2018
shoe zone was just a happy place to work in whatever you was doing the customers were lovely people the staff i worked with was lovely and the job is very straght foward.
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
wasnt the busiest shop
Good for part time work to earn some extra cash
Shop Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Greenford24 October 2018
I only worked there for a week for work experience arranged by the college. The manager had a terrible attitude. We were allowed 30 minutes extra break considering the fact that we were students and used to seating through out the day. It was my first job so I found it a bit tedious because even when there were no customers and everything was polished were told to keep touching and doing irrelevant stuff. At the end of the day I could not even walk to the bus stop my feets where that painful
Pros
Some employees where nice and understanding
Cons
The management needs to be more friendly towards employees
Fun and stress free place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle23 October 2018
In my role I was constantly on the go and there was always something to do, so never bored! The people I worked with definitely made the job role as it was like a second family.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Smelly Feet
Impossible to have a life
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Swansea18 October 2018
Work isn't difficult to grasp but the management were an issue. Rota's always changing and expecting you to be sitting by the phone waiting for a call.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Unable to plan anything around rota's
Learning new stuuf
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Derby16 October 2018
i have learned how to put the shoes in order and also help the customers to search is product. My first day of work experience was difficult because I had to learn everything to do in the store.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Shields16 October 2018
Different task each day meet new individuals and It’s important to meet each and every individuals needs to deliver good customer service and provide a excellent service.
Pros
Develop new skills
Avoid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield30 September 2018
Terrible place to work. The company lacks professionalism in the way it treats employees. As a store manager, your accountability is equivalent of a senior sales assistant at most other retail businesses. Expect extreme directive management from your area manager, and pretty much zero autonomy. The pay is poor even by retail standards. There is a very odd culture in this company, that you have to experience to really understand how bad it is. But you'd be better of just avoiding it.
fun workplace
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield18 September 2018
very good place to work if it was a job but was only work experience but was good to learn new tasks of working in a proper work place and learning new skills
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge27 August 2018
shoe zone was a fun and relaxing place that I worked as my first job on weekends.
I helped customers with shoes and sold shoes at the tills.
Most the time I was putting stock up on the shop floor.
Shoezone
Store manager guernsey (Former Employee) –  Guernsey22 August 2018
Whilst working at shoe zone as store manager ,I learned a lot
From opening up the shop to cashing up at the end off the day team building, stock taking ,banking,and much more ,an every day life in shoezone deals with different aspects off the job their is always something to do whether it cleaning,seeing to customers needs or doing a stock take,receiving the deliveries or remerchindising the store ,
The hardest part of my journey in shoe zone I think was learning all the new things I didn’t know but it was an exciting adventure into a new world for me .one off the hardest part off my job was leaving as I was moving back to uk .
The staff at head office ,accounts and area mangers were wonderful,as new to management they was their for helping me to understand the role of store manager
I really enjoyed working at shoezone I made lots off new friends and met lots off new people
Very Fun Workplace!
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gallions Reach Station21 August 2018
Management are a great help and really teach you a lot!

Tagging shoes does get very tiring but you do get used to doing it overtime

Overall of working at Shoe Zone is that it's an great workplace and everybody is friendly!
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
tagging shoes does get tiring when there are no customers
retail working
STORE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  england15 August 2018
days started at a reasonable time as did the end of day. Left with some firm foundations on how retail works. Hardest part of the job was carrying up large cartons of stock that were sometimes very heavy into the store room which was located upstairs in the property, the most enjoyable part of the job was giving customer satisfaction.
Pros
finishing at 1730
Cons
processing delivery.
Very bad management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford9 August 2018
Typical day at work is serving customers and helping them find what they require.I have learned nothing from the managerI didn't already know. I did go to another branch for training as I felt I had more to learn about the service I was giving for the company.the hardest part is not being able to input anything. The best part of my day at shoezone is going home.
Pros
Discount on footwear
Cons
Long hours plus not being appreciated for the work I do
productive
Manageress (Current Employee) –  Bletchley, Buckinghamshire9 August 2018
my day starts by opening up the till and making sure the money balances from the previous day. I then make sure that the shelves are stocked and presentable ready for opening. once the shop is open I serve the customers with the products they wish to purchase, ensureing they have obtained everything they wished to buy today. I have learnt that if you treat your customers with politeness and respect you will get the same in return, and this also has your customer leaveing the shop with a smile on their face and wanting to return again. I work with staff of different ages and race, and we all respect one another and cultures.
the hardest part of our job is delivery day as we have to carry our delivery up 2 flights of stairs.the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and meeting new people everyday with our customers.
Pros
free work shoes twice a year
Cons
low pay rate
Bad pay no bonus structure work hours on end for ffree
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wales30 July 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked
No incentives,no bonus scheme,managers allowed control of nothing
Expect to constantly work hours you don’t get paid for and if management don’t expect a lunch break
Set day off per week given to you area manger will take rotas off you when they want and change staff hours at the drop of a hat
no air con in any shops freezing in winter unbearable in summer customers walk in and straight back out even bring us drinks and take pity on us
Save yourself the biggest mistake and don’t put yourself through it
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, Long unpaid extra hours weekly, poor work conditions, no work life balance
Beginner job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 July 2018
customer service, maintenance, replenishment, cash handling, stock functions.
Very repetitive can be unfulfilling but team make the job bearable at times.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage, short shifts