Shoe Zone

Shoe Zone Employee Reviews

United Kingdom549 reviews
Good starter job
It’s an easy and slow past job my colleagues are a good laugh, the summer times are brilliant (overtime) your always on your feet but not so much in the winter
For beginners
For anyone leaving education that needs work experience. Not alot of scope to grow but if you need a job to elevate you in the same position, this is the job for you.
The most enjoyable job part of the job
I loved working here the staff were friendly and helpful it is an easy job to do you have an hour break it was an way job to do. It was great to be there
Poor
Not a good place to work. The manager was okay but the supervisor was awful. Supervisor always picking fault with everything. If your face doesn't fit they get rid of you
Inderpaid
You are so under paid at this job, the management aren’t great when dealing with certain situations. I complained about a member of staff bullying and had give proof but nothing was done about this. Deliveries was 2/3 people carrying 90+ boxes of heavy shoes up 3 flights of stairs. It was a joke and I wouldn’t do it for £20 a hour.
Good
Working here at show zone was a great experience for me. I learned a lot of skills including customer service - this being the main one. I enjoyed my time here.
Amazing job to have
A very relax but hard working environment. All workers are welcome and can have a good laugh. The manger makes you feel welcome and help you with any problems or situation. She hard working and can help with your training and progression throughout the company
A overall fun experience
The day was normal, I took the shoes out of the storage area and put them to be purchased and some on display. Most of the time I price tagged the products. The hardest part was finding the numbers on the shoes to the original shoes, which was the only half-difficult thing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shoe Zone?
Poorly ran company
Not enough hours provided to earn a living

Management seemed to have no idea on how to hire fellow competent workers

I didn't really like the people I worked with as I felt they treated me differently
Boring job
Job didn't feel worth the time and effort. The shifts dragged and the work was slow and boring. The job itself is easy to get your head around but after the first two weeks of working there it got boring and didn't feel worth it.
Sales Assistant
Staff and Management were great to get on with i enjoyed dealing with the deliverys checking them off and putting them away in the right place then on shop floor I done customer service fill ups tidy up make sure the shop was clean and tidy enough for next day of trade I liked to go in and get on with my work have a laugh as long as the work getting done
Colleagues are the best part
The job is not difficult but the targets set are not achievable some weeks but the management then want to know why. Working here for a number of years it's all about if the management like you. When I was there your colleagues were like your second family. Enjoyed the job but it had to end.
Good
It was nice to work somewhere I looked forward to going every time. Although I didn’t get paid a lot for working 1 day a week it was a fair pay. I enjoyed the delightful team and helping the customers out.
Shoe zone
Was ok, however it was very quiet and not much to do so it was quite boring at times.Other workers were easy to get along with. Not enough security though
Progression in career
During my time at shoe zone I have gained experience, knowledge and skills and progress throughout my career by becoming a retail manager. I'm now ready to move forwards to absorb new skills and experience and leading professionals.
Fast paced working environment
Keeps you busy and motivated to do the job to the bets of your ability. Helps to further skills and knowledge of the job and everyday life skills. Good team work ethic.
Great
Shoezone was my first proper job. I loved it, my manager was so lovely. It felt like being apart of a family.

The option is there to advance in the company if you wish, but that wasn’t where I saw myself going.

I would highly recommend working in the lowestoft store to anyone. The staff there are amazing and super friendly.
productive
i don't really have that much to say as i was only working for two weeks for work experience during my time at secondary school as it was mandatory for students to do.
Shoe Zone plc
Friendly people and relaxed working atmosphere.

IT system is not very user friendly for accounting with all work done on excel therefore high excel skills are needed to analysis numbers.
Good workplace
Was a good place to work. Lovely manager and supervisor. I fit in well. Team was friendly from different backgrounds. Was a comfortable workplace with plenty to do.
Mindless and no support with internal politics
The work is fine but the company do not care a fig for lower order employees. Area manager a narcissistic, insecure company lickspittle. The total lack of defense against local management with a self-promoting agenda made daily working depressing.