Shepherds Bush Housing Group

Shepherds Bush Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
Close working teams
My time with SBHG was rewarding to see the good working relationships between departments and the quick resolve to issues and putting the resident first.
Catastrophe from start to finish
In short, the CEO should be the one making the decisions, not the Governance dept. Too much oneupmanship and jockeying for position at Director level - not a pleasant atmosphere. As a consequence, there is no clear leadership pathway. Working here proved it doesn't matter how well you're paid if being at work is a miserable experience. Was glad to finally leave. Although most people below SMT level were very nice, I would never go back.
Excellent place to work
Work culture is fabulous and the people are great to work with.
Whatever your role or position whether temporary or permanent staff you are made to feel welcomed and valued.
Pros
Easy access - Great location. Nice offices
Cons
Could be better...
Can be a good place for career development however I do not rate the leadership (directors). I do not feel valued as an individual. My manager is awesome nonetheless.
Pros
Some good benefits and flexible working
Productive and fun place
Good work/life balance - plenty of colleagues to learn from and great social life. Some management not very supportive and limited training opportunities.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Political
Great kick start
A typical day at work mainly consist of invoicing, arranging collections and deliveries, assisting customers with enquirers and data inputting .
I felt i have had the chance to brush up and expanded my IT skills, and as the company is a reuse charity i have learnt a lot about working in a charity sector.

I do not have any issues with management although at times i felt that where not as organised as they should have been, upon saying this, it has allowed me to use my organisational skill to the best of my advantage.

I don't feel there had been a hard or difficult part to the job but the most stressful part has to be making sure everyone has filled in there time sheets, as it not easy chasing all the staff as they work upon the delivery vans.

Overall i do enjoy the work i do, but i feel i am not using all of my skills to there full potential and unfortunately there is not much of a career advancement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shepherds Bush Housing Group?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shepherds Bush Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7