Shell
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Shell Employee Reviews

United Kingdom603 reviews
Enjoyed the job and felt I more than exceeded my brief.
Never missed a day off in 2 years and always worked same shift 6am-2pm

Quite often left on my own while manager sat in office doing very little in a very busy site. Always had to bang the office door to get help when the queue was to long and then get moaned at because there were more than six people waiting

Man-management skills zero
Pros
Meeting and greeting new customers and the banter with your regular customers
Cons
Very poor management in leading directing and listening. Very autocratic
Working at shell has helped me develop many important life skills such as communcation and has improved my confidence to manage a team and to take responsibility.
Don't. I know you need a job but save yourself from this absolute abominable excuse for an occupation. Legitimately the only thing about this place that is OK is the pay, apart from that you are going to be bombarded with managerial and customer service issues to dealing with colleagues that range from decent to ones that will threaten you because you said you didn't like them. I could go more into detail but don't.
Pros
Pay is fine
Cons
Literally everything apart from pay is awful
Poor company to work for. Treated like a number not a human being so 15k for a manager doing 60 hours a week is POOR. The turnover in staff is quite extraordinary people start and then think nope i dont want this rubbish job rubbish people except 1 or 2 but as a whole poor company
A good environment. People from different ethnicities work together which provides a chance for cultural grooming an learning. Fast paced environment with chances of progression.
A large work load on your own on a night shift for not much money.
Strong character people for this position.Not a place were you can let your hair down.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Hours suited.
Great company to work for. Fast pace, tough at times but good work/life balanced. In my role trust was put in place to manage my own workload and internal stakeholders.
I really enjoyed working for Shell. The culture, benefits, development opportunties, facilities, are all world-class. It's a large, diverse, global business which means there will inevitably be several 'cultures' in the business but I believe the core Shell values are consistent.
At shell they tried their best to underpay you for the work they made you do and they would never be happy once all the work was completed. They looked for any excuse to cut hours and pay less.
Good working experience nice job culture supporting management and staff good salary and benefits overall it was good and i was able to learn so much which will help me out in future.
Shell like to utilize the latest technology and they invest well in doing so.
A very good place to work. Respect for contractors and their value. There is always a significant amount of project work in Shell however this is suffering because of the fall in the price of oil currently.
Decisions are made by committee in effect so change is progress is often slow. Culture is very modern with dynamic workspaces and open and accepting culture
Working at shell is a good job as I love making customers feel welcomed and make them feel part of a daily routine comming and going to and from shell.most of my customers are friendly people so I feel very delighted to serve them.but pay is not up to the service standard you are giving .your effort is more weighty. Aleastmine are😀
Development and training were exceptional
Workplace culture was amazing

Most enjoyable part - working with people from different cultures

Management was good
Good company to work for the pay is great good management the workers where great and the benefits great and good job satisfaction i would recommend to anyone working for shell
Having been with my previous employer for over 30 years I was apprehensive about starting somewhere new. I needn't have worried as I immediately felt at ease with the working environment and my new colleagues.
Shell is a caring employer, being very HSSE conscious and putting safety above profits. Given the size and global nature of the company, it is excellent for gaining experience in different parts of the business be it Oil Trading, Energy Trading, New Energy (renewable), Production or Retail (petrol stations, etc).
Totally recommend Shell as an employer.
The worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life.. no people skills no cleanliness.. Customers were happy to see me a new fresh face, also customers said my people skills were so much better and that they had never seen the place so clean, I made a huge impact and difference in the place.. just wasn’t being paid and still owed wages 2 yrs later.. do not work for Shell.. Rota is done to suit others and not done fairly
Busy periods from around 6 - 9AM on weekdays with people rushing through to refill or gather some supplies needed to help get them through the day. Overall a good environment, pay is decent and lots of things to get done during the day.
Unless u want to struggle to earn enough to pay your bills stay away rude mangerment ringing when u have booked holiday deemeding u come in a manger called rammi who is awful and as anyone as a brush just an aful experience from day one
Pros
Cons
Low income rude and disrespectful mangerment
Shell was great apart from they don't pay amazing wages.

People were friendly and the job was quite laid back and relaxed with the regular people coming through