Shell Employee Reviews

Found 487 reviews matching the search See all 6,390 reviews
Horrible company to work for.
Customer Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Radstock, Somerset16 May 2019
I had no training whilst I was there and I found the other staff members to be condescending and rude, especially when I would ask them for help. Favouritism plays a massive part in this workplace and I would often find other staff members slacking off in the office with the station supervisor (of all people!) Yet they had no problem with making digs at me for not doing enough. I had NO uniform provided for me when I was promised some and I had to wear smelly second hand t-shirts that were kept in the office. They would rota me in for shifts at the last minute and expect me to turn up for work, even though they knew I didn’t have my own transport! No company benefits provided for you whatsoever and all of the staff members were arrogant and rude! I would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Nasty colleagues, no training provided whatsoever and no uniform!
Lively
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Not in UK13 May 2019
I worked for Shell for 18 years. This was the only job I had since leaving school. A great place to work and interact with people from all walks of life.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
On your feet all day
Poor Management
Fuel operator (Former Employee) –  Shell newark2 May 2019
Rubbish hours not bad pay, Management useless dont no what there doing, They dont appriciate your work. back stabbing from all staff. stay away if possible unless you want to be used and abused and sacked after a short time there for no reasons at all. Management always on your back nagging while they just sit in the back doing nothing at all they leave everything to you. they even get rid of you if they dont like you
Pros
Cons
20 min break on long hours
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen30 April 2019
Learnt all my inter-personal relationship skill here, worked as a customer assistant, this gave be the leverage to develop my networking skills . Had wonderful managers who are pro-active and hugely supportive . The help shape and develop my skill-set
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Odd hour shifts
Relaxed productive workplace.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall25 April 2019
Very relaxed but smooth running workplace with very friendly management. Gained a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the other employees. Flexible roster which was useful.
Good.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea24 April 2019
Very friendly environment. Management was good at teaching me new skills. I experienced a lot of different situations dealing with the public and outside deliveries.
Pros
Local
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fub
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  London12 April 2019
Excellent company and it a fun company and it a good company to work for and I learn to be kind to be people and I learned to work on the till and the manger are nice
a great place to work.
cashier (Former Employee) –  crewe10 April 2019
the shell i worked at was great, the staff, manager and customers were great. when i became my dads carer i carried on working there for a couple of years . then had to leave as my dad got harder to carer for..
Pros
great management and customers
Golf event celebrity cup
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough9 April 2019
Got to know a lot of celebrities and had really nice time in there witch made me better with what I do and also I get my experience with different people helping my self blended I
Pros
Cons
Long hours of work is what made me
As good a company as the people who work for it
Continuous improvement specialist (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2019
Given a chance, I would return and work for Shell.
Challenging environment, a whole lot of opportunities. Worked with colleagues with tremendous knowledge, high professional behavior alongside respect.
Highly recommend this company and thanks for having me sharing your journey for the past 2 decades.
Pros
Good salary and great people (the best asset)
Cons
work/life balance mentality
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Finedon Rd, Wellingborough NN8 4AL23 March 2019
Easy to pick up, learn routines to complete all tasks set which is good training that improves time management, large training skills provided on a online website to increase both employees knowledge of products and keen insight into achieving customer satisfaction in multiple (both good and bad) situations.

Pro - when working at a shell garage which does hot bakery food cooked fresh each day. After they have been on the shelf for over 1.5 hours they are to be discarded, you note the wastage of the products (e.g: Sausage Roll) then you are free to eat them rather then put them in the bin.

Pro - increased general knowledge of certain skills such as Bakery regular temperature checks on all food cooked and temperature checks on freezers/fridges every hour.

Con - if you are working a shift and your co-worker doesn't come in for the next shift you cant leave until a cover/manager is on site.

Con - Most of the time you are working on your own, mainly on night-shifts.
active workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford19 March 2019
constant awareness was a big value to have with pumps and money added with the customer service, as the Shell store also had service with Waitrose. This is also added qualities as we had to match the standard.
Pros
great customers
Cons
not a great manager
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buckingham22 February 2019
working at shell helped me interact with people better due to the fact that as one of my duties, i was to interact with customers all day and i also had to interact with people coming in to deliver things.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coryton, Essex13 February 2019
Good place to work then I don't know about now as I have been away from there for sometime now. Great experience from the company great people as well.
Pros
Different shift patterns (great)
Cons
I didn't come across any
Hague was challenging
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Den haag12 February 2019
Working over multiple locations was a challenge with what seemed like a fragmented workforce. When everyone was together things worked better, but distance was a problem at times.
Pros
Company profile
Cons
Distance working
Good company if you find the right area
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 January 2019
Success and development relies heavily on line managers and area of work. You need to find what's right for you to really prosper. A lot of people are now coasting due to great pensions, so an opportunity and a threat.
Managmenet is really bad
Cashier-Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire22 January 2019
managment is not enought profesional to work atb all at management as,small money but a lot of responsabilities wich didn mach reality in the work place at all.
social place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge22 January 2019
Every day meeting new customers and regulars returning
Dealing with customer service helping and solving problems .
I learnt how to deal with customers also alot about Health and safety in the work place the hardest part of this job was the unsociable hours and the most enjoyable was seeing customers enter talking to them and seeing them leave with a smile .
Pros
Cons
shift times
shell
Consoles operator /Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham14 January 2019
made to work christmas day,working alone so no support when needed .No benefits and min wadge. meet alot of people so no day is the same.no discount for staff and no break in an 8 hour shift as you are on your own .
Pros
Cons
no discount
Great experience
Store Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon12 January 2019
Working as a Shell garage manager was an amazing experience. It taught me so much and it gave me a great opportunity to handle a great team of workers on the site, made me understand how fuel deliveries were made and gave me the opportunity to be in charge of a great store in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K